I'm loving your story in daily pics there, Silver, and I'm sorry that this message will break it up, but just pretend nothing happened and you didn't see anything.

Knock me over with a feather to see that other long missing folks have been here! Ally, Kelz, Tan, and, and... bugger! I've completely forgotten racinghorse's name! How sad is that? I'm gonna wave anyway. :bye:

I did say congrats on FB in a much more timely fashion, but CONGRATS TEEGS!!

Whatcha all up to? I got drawn back here again because of the speech Mika gave to those marketing students. Interesting to hear him talk about his early years from the position he's in now. Now I need to go find the thread about it and see what y'all are saying.

OK, so what the frick is with the quiff? I've just been looking at a little bit of the thread about Mika on X Factor Italy and he's running round looking like a prettier version of Nick Grimshaw. I'm a bit nonplussed. I get enough quiffiness from the 1D boys. What happened to curls? (And if someone could have a word with Harry about this very same topic, I'd be much obliged. Curls, yes. Quiff, no.)

OK, so what the frick is with the quiff? I've just been looking at a little bit of the thread about Mika on X Factor Italy and he's running round looking like a prettier version of Nick Grimshaw. I'm a bit nonplussed. I get enough quiffiness from the 1D boys. What happened to curls? (And if someone could have a word with Harry about this very same topic, I'd be much obliged. Curls, yes. Quiff, no.)

Hi CD :bye: It's not the quiff you have to worry about, it's the hats he keeps insisting on wearing :sneaky2:

Nice to see you again :thumb_yello:

Okay, before I show a few pics and tell you about the day, I'll just reply to these posts:

I'm sure you won't be checking MFC, Tegan, but I hope everything goes as you have planned, and I would like to wish you and Derek every happiness together :wub2:

wedding4.gif

Thank you very much silver :huglove:

I'm loving your story in daily pics there, Silver, and I'm sorry that this message will break it up, but just pretend nothing happened and you didn't see anything.

Knock me over with a feather to see that other long missing folks have been here! Ally, Kelz, Tan, and, and... bugger! I've completely forgotten racinghorse's name! How sad is that? I'm gonna wave anyway. :bye:

I did say congrats on FB in a much more timely fashion, but CONGRATS TEEGS!!

Whatcha all up to? I got drawn back here again because of the speech Mika gave to those marketing students. Interesting to hear him talk about his early years from the position he's in now. Now I need to go find the thread about it and see what y'all are saying.

Her name's Charlotte...

Thanks!

I know I haven't been here in over 6 weeks, but what speech?

very same topic, I'd be much obliged. Curls, yes. Quiff, no.)

Hi CD :bye: It's not the quiff you have to worry about, it's the hats he keeps insisting on wearing :sneaky2:

Nice to see you again :thumb_yello:

The hats are disgusting :puke:

Hi Teega snd welcome back :hug:

He gave a talk to marketing students in Italy - I think this is the link http://revolart.it/in-honour-of-a-miami-prostitute-this-is-not-a-story-about-a-hooker-this-is-a-story-about-mika-and-life/

Cool, thanks!

Here's a quick rundown of the wedding ft. some pics:

So, the wedding went pretty well and had a great time at the reception catching up with people. Zoe got very stressed while doing my hair earlier in the day and threw a big tantrum and stormed out of the salon so that wasn't fun, but she was totally okay afterwards. Also mum... ahem... misplaced my wedding band in the car and only found it just before I got to the church. One of my brothers in law got very drunk and started complaining to the bar staff because they said to go outside and have some water for 20 minutes or so, and ended up in a fight outside the reception and called his (and Derek's) father a very nasty name. He ended up getting taken home by the police and we haven't seen or spoken to him since.

Anyways, here's some pics from the wedding (I got these from FB, but have stacks more on a disc at home):

1441360_603606479674943_486019239_n.jpg

945471_603606559674935_504812658_n.jpg

1391942_603606493008275_419106367_n.jpg

537339_603606489674942_662550463_n.jpg

1454844_603606526341605_354882696_n.jpg

996033_603606579674933_364377514_n.jpg

996938_603606546341603_1431138444_n.jpg

1455195_603606593008265_1875614342_n.jpg

935577_603606609674930_403584658_n.jpg

1453342_603606663008258_567598743_n.jpg

1459885_603606729674918_821419191_n.jpg

So, the wedding went pretty well and had a great time at the reception catching up with people. Zoe got very stressed while doing my hair earlier in the day and threw a big tantrum and stormed out of the salon so that wasn't fun, but she was totally okay afterwards. Also mum... ahem... misplaced my wedding band in the car and only found it just before I got to the church. One of my brothers in law got very drunk and started complaining to the bar staff because they said to go outside and have some water for 20 minutes or so, and ended up in a fight outside the reception and called his (and Derek's) father a very nasty name. He ended up getting taken home by the police and we haven't seen or spoken to him since.

Well it's not a real wedding without a bit of family feuding :wink2:

Lovely pics, Teegs, that dress really looks good on you :hug:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm singing this song, but really I ought to be asking how everyone is surviving the heatwave and fires.

It's ironic that in the UK we are having an abysmally wet winter, while Australia is baking dry.

Sorry to interrupt your singing :teehee:

So what have you been doing with yourself (or shouldn't I ask? :teehee: )

Wouldn't you like to know :das:

Nah, I haven't been up to a great deal except for working. I was really enjoying the holidays but it appears some teachers are coming in already and one just told me I needed to do something in a room and I already knew about it. Then wanted to know when I would be going down to said room. :doh:

I'm singing this song, but really I ought to be asking how everyone is surviving the heatwave and fires.

It's ironic that in the UK we are having an abysmally wet winter, while Australia is baking dry.

Not 100% sure, but I think we're all reasonably far away from fires. Pretty sure we're all hot :sneaky2:

It's so dry around here though.

Sorry to interrupt your singing :teehee:

Wouldn't you like to know :das:

Nah, I haven't been up to a great deal except for working. I was really enjoying the holidays but it appears some teachers are coming in already and one just told me I needed to do something in a room and I already knew about it. Then wanted to know when I would be going down to said room. :doh:

Not 100% sure, but I think we're all reasonably far away from fires. Pretty sure we're all hot :sneaky2:

It's so dry around here though.

I think everyone is going to have to get used to extremes of weather. Look at the US - freezing in the north-east, high temperatures and a drought in California :insane:

I hope the weather breaks for you and you get some rain.

Maybe I should do a rain dance or something :mf_rosetinted: