• 3 weeks later...
So what do you think of the royal visit?

Yeah, it was on TV a lot.

Goodness, no posts for ages, and it's nearly half past May :mf_rosetinted:

Sorry about that... Got a little distracted.

Sooooo, what's been happening?

Sorry about that... Got a little distracted.

Sooooo, what's been happening?

Not a lot - Mika has agreed to be on the next series of Italian X-Factor, and as his contestant just won The Voice in France, it's pretty likely he will do another series of that too :sad:

He does appear to be working on his fourth album and is rumoured to be releasing a single in June (but that will probably be in French).

He is doing only one gig this summer, a free one for Nutella in Italy. http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29544

Despite his non-appearance we are still giving him a birthday present :naughty:http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29882

And in other news I am still waiting for my eye op as the scheduled one was cancelled while I was actually on the operating table :aah:

Not a lot - Mika has agreed to be on the next series of Italian X-Factor, and as his contestant just won The Voice in France, it's pretty likely he will do another series of that too :sad:

Oh, for... Really? Can't just be a singer?

After all, that's what he was first famous for.

Speaking of The Voice, we have Kylie, Ricky Martin, Joel Madden and Will.I.Am on ours. All of them must be pretty hard up on money.

He does appear to be working on his fourth album and is rumoured to be releasing a single in June (but that will probably be in French).

Oh, how exciting. Can't wait for that one :teehee:

He is doing only one gig this summer, a free one for Nutella in Italy. http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29544

I wonder if any of the French fans have been asking if Mika's doing a show in France this year?

Despite his non-appearance we are still giving him a birthday present :naughty:http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29882

Oh, yeah. I saw that. It's an interesting present. Hope he likes it.

And in other news I am still waiting for my eye op as the scheduled one was cancelled while I was actually on the operating table :aah:

I wonder how they can justify cancelling it when you're all ready and raring to go? Hopefully they don't cancel it again. Or if they do, they give you a bit of warning.

I had another scan to check the baby out. Besides the fact that bub wouldn't stay still for most of the scan, most of it looks okay. One of the tubes coming from one of the kidneys is "prominent" (whatever that means) but they'll just keep an eye on it. I also got told that I'm going to get induced at 39 weeks, just after they take me off the blood thinners.

And there's only 6 weeks of work to go :aah:

I wonder how they can justify cancelling it when you're all ready and raring to go? Hopefully they don't cancel it again. Or if they do, they give you a bit of warning.

The problem was that when they gave me the local anaesthetic, they made my eye start bleeding. But the consultant told the surgeon he should have gone ahead anyway.

I had another scan to check the baby out. Besides the fact that bub wouldn't stay still for most of the scan, most of it looks okay. One of the tubes coming from one of the kidneys is "prominent" (whatever that means) but they'll just keep an eye on it. I also got told that I'm going to get induced at 39 weeks, just after they take me off the blood thinners.

And there's only 6 weeks of work to go :aah:

Sounds like you are going to have an active baby :naughty: I wonder why they don't want to wait the extra week? Not that it should make much difference - I was born three weeks early and I was OK.

The problem was that when they gave me the local anaesthetic, they made my eye start bleeding. But the consultant told the surgeon he should have gone ahead anyway.

Ew.

At least someone had some common sense to tell the surgeon he should have gone ahead.

Sounds like you are going to have an active baby :naughty: I wonder why they don't want to wait the extra week? Not that it should make much difference - I was born three weeks early and I was OK.

Very active. No doubt I won't be enjoying it when I'm massively big and it's kicking me in the ribs :teehee:

They're going to induce me early cause I'm on blood thinners. It's so they can control the labour. According the doctors, anywhere from 38 to 42 weeks is considered full term.

I don't know if I mentioned it, but there was a girl I know that was pregnant at the same time. She had her baby yesterday and she used the name I wanted to use :annoyed_h4h: And she's already posted 7 times about the baby in 24 hours (including one unattractive pic of the baby covered in goo :puking:)

I don't know if I mentioned it, but there was a girl I know that was pregnant at the same time. She had her baby yesterday and she used the name I wanted to use :annoyed_h4h: And she's already posted 7 times about the baby in 24 hours (including one unattractive pic of the baby covered in goo :puking:)

:sneaky2: Always so annoying when someone does that.

Mind you, it's worse when two women in a large family are pregnant and both want to use the "family" name.

I assume you have names in reserve :naughty:

:sneaky2: Always so annoying when someone does that.

Mind you, it's worse when two women in a large family are pregnant and both want to use the "family" name.

I assume you have names in reserve :naughty:

Very annoying. I would still use it if I never saw her, but seeing as she's related to one of my cousins I will see her occasionally. But having two pregnant women in the family wanting to use the same name would be much worse! There's three of us having babies this year and ones already had hers (and I don't like the name anyways - Delilah :blink:). I don't know what the other one is having or the names they've chosen so I'm hoping there's no clashes there.

And yep, Derek and I have each picked a first name and middle name for a boy and girl, so there's a couple of options. The boys name I picked isn't as nice as the one I was going to use, but oh well.

I am starting to have second thoughts about the middle name for the boys name though. Two hard c sounds one after the other sounds a bit weird in my mind (though Derek thinks I'm weird with the way I go about choosing names that go together).

Very annoying. I would still use it if I never saw her, but seeing as she's related to one of my cousins I will see her occasionally. But having two pregnant women in the family wanting to use the same name would be much worse! There's three of us having babies this year and ones already had hers (and I don't like the name anyways - Delilah :blink:). I don't know what the other one is having or the names they've chosen so I'm hoping there's no clashes there.

And yep, Derek and I have each picked a first name and middle name for a boy and girl, so there's a couple of options. The boys name I picked isn't as nice as the one I was going to use, but oh well.

I am starting to have second thoughts about the middle name for the boys name though. Two hard c sounds one after the other sounds a bit weird in my mind (though Derek thinks I'm weird with the way I go about choosing names that go together).

I don't think that's weird at all, you have to think about how the names sound together, and about the initials. And you also have to think about what other kids are going to change the name to at school.

I can see that Nicole Kidman's daughter Sunday Rose is going to end up as Sunday Roast.

I don't think that's weird at all, you have to think about how the names sound together, and about the initials. And you also have to think about what other kids are going to change the name to at school.

I can see that Nicole Kidman's daughter Sunday Rose is going to end up as Sunday Roast.

*cough* She already kinda does... :fisch:

I think the Aussie press called her that when she was born.

This bub's initials don't spell anything, I checked that already. I grew up knowing that my initials spelt THAT (and now spell THAW :doh:) so I was pretty aware of it. And I don't think the names could be changed into something different, but then I haven't given it a great deal of thought.

Edited by nico_collard

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's official. I'm out of a job on the 27th of June, though apparently those of us who aren't staying on get some sort of severance package, which means that I won't have to worry too much about money (at least not until I go back to work).

Soooooo, what else is happening?

Well, it's official. I'm out of a job on the 27th of June, though apparently those of us who aren't staying on get some sort of severance package, which means that I won't have to worry too much about money (at least not until I go back to work).

Soooooo, what else is happening?

Hi Teegs - so you are joining the ranks of the unemployed? :naughty: At least you will have baby to keep you busy for a while. I've more or less given up looking for a job atm, I have enough money to survive on for a while.

In other news, Mika has released a new single (in French).

Hi Teegs - so you are joining the ranks of the unemployed? :naughty: At least you will have baby to keep you busy for a while. I've more or less given up looking for a job atm, I have enough money to survive on for a while.

In other news, Mika has released a new single (in French).

Yep, and the department are being incredibly vague about what will happen after June and what happens with money. As long as I get what I think I'll get, I should be right for most of the next financial year and I shouldn't need to get too much from the government.

I'm hoping that I'll get a job once I'm ready to go back, though when I go back might depend on what happens with Derek's job. The factory he works in is going to Thailand and sales aren't that great. There's rumours that they'll be closing parts of it off in February next year :shocked:

Yeah, I've heard it. I don't really think that much of it. What do you think of it?

Yep, and the department are being incredibly vague about what will happen after June and what happens with money. As long as I get what I think I'll get, I should be right for most of the next financial year and I shouldn't need to get too much from the government.

I'm hoping that I'll get a job once I'm ready to go back, though when I go back might depend on what happens with Derek's job. The factory he works in is going to Thailand and sales aren't that great. There's rumours that they'll be closing parts of it off in February next year :shocked:

Yeah, I've heard it. I don't really think that much of it. What do you think of it?

Fingers crossed that Derek's job will be OK :crossed: (and that you get the money you are expecting). But it's easy to get ahead of yourself and worry abput things that haven't happened yet. Just concentrate on the baby for now.

I've dutifully bought the record, but I'm distinctly underwhelmed by it.

• 2 weeks later...
Fingers crossed that Derek's job will be OK :crossed: (and that you get the money you are expecting). But it's easy to get ahead of yourself and worry abput things that haven't happened yet. Just concentrate on the baby for now.

I've dutifully bought the record, but I'm distinctly underwhelmed by it.

I can't worry too much about the money now, cause my job's done and the forms have gone in. Hopefully it'll all be good. There's a lot of uncertainty because we've all been told that if a TSO stays on till December, they might get the payout, but in the same document that says that it sounds like they won't. either way it doesn't affect me, but some clear info would be good.

Everyone at Derek's work have been told that they'll be taking voluntary redundancies soon, but I think the boy will be staying put.

Ooooh, Derek felt the baby kick last night! I think he was pretty excited, especially since he thought that he wouldn't feel it at all.

Haha, I haven't bought it at all! Not planning on either, cause I don't like it that much. Actually, I've been totally disinterested in listening to Mika's music lately. Maybe a bit of an overload on him.

And god damn, it's cold here! Funnily enough this morning it looked like an alright day :sneaky2:

I can't worry too much about the money now, cause my job's done and the forms have gone in. Hopefully it'll all be good. There's a lot of uncertainty because we've all been told that if a TSO stays on till December, they might get the payout, but in the same document that says that it sounds like they won't. either way it doesn't affect me, but some clear info would be good.

Everyone at Derek's work have been told that they'll be taking voluntary redundancies soon, but I think the boy will be staying put.

Ooooh, Derek felt the baby kick last night! I think he was pretty excited, especially since he thought that he wouldn't feel it at all.

Haha, I haven't bought it at all! Not planning on either, cause I don't like it that much. Actually, I've been totally disinterested in listening to Mika's music lately. Maybe a bit of an overload on him.

And god damn, it's cold here! Funnily enough this morning it looked like an alright day :sneaky2:

Funny, but I never think of Australia being cold :naughty:.

Baby kicks? Hopefully not too violent :naughty: (my mum says my middle brother used to kick really hard, like he was getting his own back when she bent down or was in a position he didn't like :teehee: ).

Funny, but I never think of Australia being cold :naughty:.

Baby kicks? Hopefully not too violent :naughty: (my mum says my middle brother used to kick really hard, like he was getting his own back when she bent down or was in a position he didn't like :teehee: ).

Oh trust me, it's getting cold here! It snowed on Saturday night :shocked:

Not too violent yet, but certainly kicking more regularly. It even stretched out this morning and I saw my belly stretch out :biggrin2:

This one has a wriggle when I'm in the wrong position too. I apologise to my belly when I do it too :naughty:

Oh trust me, it's getting cold here! It snowed on Saturday night :shocked:

Not too violent yet, but certainly kicking more regularly. It even stretched out this morning and I saw my belly stretch out :biggrin2:

This one has a wriggle when I'm in the wrong position too. I apologise to my belly when I do it too :naughty:

Any odd cravings yet?

If deep fried dim sims, peanut butter and paddlepops are odd cravings, then yeah :naughty:

Though not all at the same time :blink:

I've no idea what paddlepops are :blink: Some sort of ice lolly?

I've no idea what paddlepops are :blink: Some sort of ice lolly?

Yeah, I forgot you wouldn't know what that was.

This is what some of them look like:

Streets-Paddle-Pop-Rainbow1837-611589.png

Oooooooh, gotta show you these!

10301507_10152125450361577_7020300743410232038_n.jpg

10462583_10152125450336577_274473283490697642_n.jpg

10530792_10152125450331577_8975302735735417473_n.jpg

Someone's a bit flexible, with their foot right up against their nose! :naughty::teehee:

• 3 weeks later...
Oh wow Tegan - a proper little person :wub2:

Well and truly a proper little person :thumb_yello: Only got 8 weeks to go till bub arrives :woot_jump:

Bub was being a bit cheeky today at the appointment. Wouldn't let the midwife get a proper check of the heartrate.

Well and truly a proper little person :thumb_yello: Only got 8 weeks to go till bub arrives :woot_jump:

Bub was being a bit cheeky today at the appointment. Wouldn't let the midwife get a proper check of the heartrate.

8 weeks! Have you got everything prepared (i.e. nursery, hospital bag etc)? I hope you're not getting too tired :hug: