MIKA in Le Parisien 16.06.11

pinkcell29

I dunno, people who have never heard of mika might not like the new songs if they were more than 3-5 Minutes long :aah:

No, no, no, not long...I wrote it wrong!:roftl:Sorry!!!!

What I meant was a LOVE song!:teehee:

It could be long or short it doesn't matter, what I hope for is a song about being in love, you know waking-up-to-watch-the-sunrise-in-love-song!:mf_lustslow:

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It could be long or short it doesn't matter, what I hope for is a song about being in love, you know waking-up-to-watch-the-sunrise-in-love-song!:mf_lustslow:

:aah::aah::aah:

:lmao: :lmao:

But that does sound lovely :wub2:

I tried to translate, but since Mika is the only person I understand quite well when they speak French, it has gaps.

Interviewer: Hello Mika!

Mika: Hello!

Interviewer: Thank you for making a bit of time to answer our questions.

Mika: No, thank you, it's a pleasure.

Interviewer: Tell me, you're doing a small European tour (...) with dates in Bucharest, Kiev...and the fourth date is Compiègne.

Mika: Yes, I'm doing Compiègne.

Interviewer: It's quite a unique location for playing a concert in France ... why Compiègne?

Mika: Because I wanted to do - well, it's not really a tour, first, and Compiègne is completely different from the other shows I'm preparing. I wanted to do one gig in France, and I'm currently working on my third album - I've finished about half - and it's going to be released in 2012. So, I wanted to do one show in France, because I wanted a sort of different energy - it's good for me, it gets me out of the studio, gives me something else - and I can gauge the reactions, test out new songs. So I'll be doing some new songs from the album in English, and also - because even though the album I'm doing is one in English, I've started to write some songs in French, with a French lyricist.

Interviewer: Ah, yes, so will you have a song / single being released in French?

Mika: Maybe! If I'm ready, I'm trying to get them finished!

Interviewer: Ooh! Is it something you can talk about?

Mika: Well, not yet, because I'm still finishing it ... but it's certain that there will be some songs in French that will be released with the album.

Interviewer: And ... that next album, try to describe it with a few words.

Mika: Hum ... it's bizarre / strange *laughs* uh, no ... it's a bit crazy as an album ... it's like ... I don't know, Daft Punk meets Fleetwood Mac.

Interviewer: Compared to the earlier albums, what is it like?

Mika: Really different.

Interviewer: So what are the differences?

Mika: The topics, for example. It's less childlike, less adolescent, less cartoony. It's a bit more serious - but no serious musically, there is a lot of joy, a lot of rhythm, it's like a rollercoaster, like all my albums.

Interviewer: It's an adult Mika?

Mika: Sort of, yes, I guess. I think that's not a new thing...

It's an adult Mika, but still with a ... I don't know. I'm not trying to be someone else, that's for sure. It's obvious it's me, when you hear the song you'll be like, "Aah, that's Mika!". But at the same time, it's ... I dunno, it's different. I think that it's really important to change things. Every few years, you just have to reinvent what you're doing ... anything else leads to nothing.

Interviewer: On that note, of reinventing what you're doing ... you like stage décor, great costumes - do you work on your tours a lot?

Mika: Yes, all the time, since the beginning. Even when we're doing - we did two acoustic shows at the Cirque d'Hiver, that was very ... simple, but very (oh I can't get that part :aah:)

Actually, I think I give up on the rest. What he really says in that is that it's a bit Marie-Antoinette, a bit I don't understand, and something's funny about that. For the Compiègne show, I think he says he wanted a sort of festival feel to it ... and also that it's actually more difficult to create a one-off show than to do it during a tour.

:aah:

Well, I suppose it's training for my French.

Well, my french is not that good, but more or less is similar to the other vids

He says he's doing this show cause it's good to have a new and different energy and to test the new songs, and about the french songs that he'll put in the allbum, that this one is completely different from the other two, less "cartoon", more serious, but you can still clearly know it's him.

He talked about the scenography, how is going to be a bit Marie-Antoinette like, and that he knows the place by the research he's doing cause of the gig, and that he's doing this cause there's no reason he should desapear for years just because he's writing an album.

Something like that :aah: forgive me if I got anything wrong

Yes, Marie-Antoinette :wub2: I was always fascinated by those times, that style - and I can't wait to see it in Mika's interpretation!

hahaha, actually, yesterday I was surfing on the internet, and I saw these videos and pictures on a site. I mean probably my opinion would be different from that I said here a few minutes ago, if I had come earlier.

My first thoughts were... really different and dysfunctional!!

He changed a lot, but change is good, it's necessary, particularly if you're in the music business, it's as needful as breathing.

Sorry, this duality in my personality drives me up the wall :-)

Real MFCer :thumb_yello:

I'm very fascinated about Mika doing something with Martin Solveig. "Hello" is probably one of my favorite songs I've heard in the last 12 months, so I'm very excited to hear that. I wonder if Dragonette may feature on their collaboration?

Also Empire Of The Sun, they are awesome. Funny thing is "The Night Out" by Martin Solveig does kinda sound like Empire Of The Sun's "Walking on a Dream", so maybe it's that sound Mika is possibly after? :wink2:

I tried to translate, but since Mika is the only person I understand quite well when they speak French, it has gaps.

Interviewer: Hello Mika!

Mika: Hello!

Interviewer: Thank you for making a bit of time to answer our questions.

Mika: No, thank you, it's a pleasure.

Interviewer: Tell me, you're doing a small European tour (...) with dates in Bucharest, Kiev...and the fourth date is Compiègne.

Mika: Yes, I'm doing Compiègne.

Interviewer: It's quite a unique location for playing a concert in France ... why Compiègne?

Mika: Because I wanted to do - well, it's not really a tour, first, and Compiègne is completely different from the other shows I'm preparing. I wanted to do one gig in France, and I'm currently working on my third album - I've finished about half - and it's going to be released in 2012. So, I wanted to do one show in France, because I wanted a sort of different energy - it's good for me, it gets me out of the studio, gives me something else - and I can gauge the reactions, test out new songs. So I'll be doing some new songs from the album in English, and also - because even though the album I'm doing is one in English, I've started to write some songs in French, with a French lyricist.

Interviewer: Ah, yes, so will you have a song / single being released in French?

Mika: Maybe! If I'm ready, I'm trying to get them finished!

Interviewer: Ooh! Is it something you can talk about?

Mika: Well, not yet, because I'm still finishing it ... but it's certain that there will be some songs in French that will be released with the album.

Interviewer: And ... that next album, try to describe it with a few words.

Mika: Hum ... it's bizarre / strange *laughs* uh, no ... it's a bit crazy as an album ... it's like ... I don't know, Daft Punk meets Fleetwood Mac.

Interviewer: Compared to the earlier albums, what is it like?

Mika: Really different.

Interviewer: So what are the differences?

Mika: The topics, for example. It's less childlike, less adolescent, less cartoony. It's a bit more serious - but no serious musically, there is a lot of joy, a lot of rhythm, it's like a rollercoaster, like all my albums.

Interviewer: It's an adult Mika?

Mika: Sort of, yes, I guess. I think that's not a new thing...

It's an adult Mika, but still with a ... I don't know. I'm not trying to be someone else, that's for sure. It's obvious it's me, when you hear the song you'll be like, "Aah, that's Mika!". But at the same time, it's ... I dunno, it's different. I think that it's really important to change things. Every few years, you just have to reinvent what you're doing ... anything else leads to nothing.

Interviewer: On that note, of reinventing what you're doing ... you like stage décor, great costumes - do you work on your tours a lot?

Mika: Yes, all the time, since the beginning. Even when we're doing - we did two acoustic shows at the Cirque d'Hiver, that was very ... simple, but very (oh I can't get that part :aah:)

Actually, I think I give up on the rest. What he really says in that is that it's a bit Marie-Antoinette, a bit I don't understand, and something's funny about that. For the Compiègne show, I think he says he wanted a sort of festival feel to it ... and also that it's actually more difficult to create a one-off show than to do it during a tour.

:aah:

Well, I suppose it's training for my French.

Thank you so much Miss Pie. In another interview he said he wanted a festival feel to the gig in Compiegne, so You've got that right.

The line that stands out for me is the one where he says, words to the effect, that he's not trying to be like anyone else, he's still recognisable as Mika.

I think that's really reassuring to his fans, but at the same time, I personally, welcome the changes he's making. I think this is a very exciting time for us all and I'm really enjoying myself, while I wait to hear the new songs.

I'm very fascinated about Mika doing something with Martin Solveig. "Hello" is probably one of my favorite songs I've heard in the last 12 months, so I'm very excited to hear that. I wonder if Dragonette may feature on their collaboration?

Also Empire Of The Sun, they are awesome. Funny thing is "The Night Out" by Martin Solveig does kinda sound like Empire Of The Sun's "Walking on a Dream", so maybe it's that sound Mika is possibly after? :wink2:

Thanks for translating it Kathy:huglove:

And yes, I'm also so keen to hear what sort of influence or collaboration with "Empire Of The Sun" it will be, cos they are one of my favourite bands.:wub2:

Has anyone noticed that the titles so far consist of 6 syllables? :biggrin2:

life-in-car-toon-mo-tion

the-boy-who-knew-too-much

the-or-ri-gins-of-love

I don't think Mika would keep the title, "The Origins of Love" anyway :aah:

Mika uses to do the opposite of what we think it´s normal... so, we think it would be normal to change it... so... he´s not changing it :mf_rosetinted:

Does it make sense? :aah:

And yes, I'm also so keen to hear what sort of influence or collaboration with "Empire Of The Sun" it will be, cos they are one of my favourite bands.:wub2:

I would love if they did something together like this:

:biggrin2:

well, finally news!!!! :boing: I get so excited everytime I see something related to his new music! It's been hard for me to keep updated with MFC, since I have not free time, but I do want to express I'm really happy for his new album, and although it's not finished yet, I'm really amazed about it!!!!!! :wub2:

anyway, I'm not still sure that'll be the album's name...I dunno why, I still hesitate that it'll be its name...."the origine of love" is a wonderful title, but I dunno why, I still think he'll change it, as he did the last time with TBWKTM (at first it was going to be called "We are golden", wasn't it?).......

anyway, can't wait for new singles, new videoclips, new album, new tour.....everything!!!! :yay:

:huglove:

(I kinda miss you and Keti, we should talk more.)

More reason to buy their album ... they're kind of one of many artists I know a couple songs by and those are awesome, but I haven't bought the album yet or anything :aah:

I am really looking forward to hearing more about the new songs ... all the names he's dropped, all the things he and other people have said sound so exciting, and so good ... July better come up fast! :teehee:

• 4 weeks later...

Can someone please translate Mika's latest interview in English. I'm so wanting to hear what he had to say and unfortunately cannot understand French :-(

I love the pink streak in his hair. I had that added in my children's book to my musician boy character and had sent Mika a copy of the book and am wondering if maybe it inspired him to put a little pink in his hair too. The book just won an award recently as well!

My girls and I adore Mika and love his new song. Can't wait for the album release!!

We hope you come to perform in Los Angeles or Orange County one day soon!!

Continued blessings for Paloma and much continued success for Mika.

http://www.kareanlchapman.com

Karean

• 2 months later...

Archived