MIKA in Le Parisien 16.06.11

pinkcell29

Has anyone else had the thought, that perhaps there might actually be a slim chance now, that How Much Do You Love Me could be on this album?:wink2:

It is an album about the "different tonalities of love", as Mika puts it, so it would definitely fit right in there.

Maybe!yeah! ....

,,,,makes me think.."different tonalities" is it going to be more like "different kinds of L" or "different reasons of L"? ...but I'm not going to be scientific about it...:wink2:

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whaaa?? Does NOBODY exept me like the new title ? :aah:

How can you not looove the title?:wink2: it's about the most important thing...more-to me "love" and "tool" are not that separated..:wink2: I can even think about something like "the tool of love...":wink2:

Loving the Martin Solveig stuff. Thanks for all the links people.

I am not going to get bogged down in anything Mika is saying about this album, especially since it's so far off. I will be shocked and amazed if he retains the title, so it's going to be a surprise for me either way. :roftl:

It's difficult to imagine Supertramp (gawd I hate them :aah:) mixed with electro punk, Elton John and...who else did he say (I've forgotten already)? I can't imagine it's going to be THAT electronic no matter what his influences are if he's still harkening back to 70s musicians like that.

I'm willing to bet at least 70% of his love songs will be unrecognizable as such and he'll have to explain at every turn why he labels them love songs.

In other words I have absolutely no idea what any of this music is going to sound like until I hear it - on the album. Even what he performs live in the summer will probably sound markedly different.

If anyone does have a good idea of what it will sound like I suspect you are psychic. :naughty:

How can you not looove the title?:wink2: it's about the most important thing...more-to me "love" and "tool" are not that separated..:wink2: I can even think about something like "the tool of love...":wink2:

The tool of love!:roftl::roftl::roftl:

Oh dear, I think I should be going to the Naughty Corner now!:naughty:

I've heard you can only be sent there. :original: I've never been there:mf_rosetinted:

can you be sent for thoughts not words?:wink2:

besides-I'm the one to blame...

luckily it can be taken metaphorically...:original:

By the way, we younglings even stalk the "oldings" , "not everything needs a thread", and occasionaly the "NC" so you might wanna be a little careful on mikasounds and twitter update thread (because everyone sees this anyway) :teehee:

I've heard you can only be sent there. :original: I've never been there:mf_rosetinted:

can you be sent for thoughts not words?:wink2:

besides-I'm the one to blame...

luckily it can be taken metaphorically...:original:

Being one of the founders, being sent there isn't a problem :naughty:

By the way, we younglings even stalk the "oldings" , "not everything needs a thread", and occasionaly the "NC" so you might wanna be a little careful on mikasounds and twitter update thread (because everyone sees this anyway) :teehee:

I'll have to watch you younglings:naughty::wink2:

Loving the Martin Solveig stuff. Thanks for all the links people.

I am not going to get bogged down in anything Mika is saying about this album, especially since it's so far off. I will be shocked and amazed if he retains the title, so it's going to be a surprise for me either way. :roftl:

It's difficult to imagine Supertramp (gawd I hate them :aah:) mixed with electro punk, Elton John and...who else did he say (I've forgotten already)? I can't imagine it's going to be THAT electronic no matter what his influences are if he's still harkening back to 70s musicians like that.

I'm willing to bet at least 70% of his love songs will be unrecognizable as such and he'll have to explain at every turn why he labels them love songs.

In other words I have absolutely no idea what any of this music is going to sound like until I hear it - on the album. Even what he performs live in the summer will probably sound markedly different.

If anyone does have a good idea of what it will sound like I suspect you are psychic. :naughty:

:teehee: i've been using my colander :aah:

:teehee: i've been using my colander :aah:

EDIT: You were talking about the pasta strainer thingy wern't you ? Darn. :aah:

@ guy STOP !! I never wrote any of the above ! It's 4:50 AM and i havn't slept in a long time ! :doh:

As I remember, he said the last summer or autumn that he is in the middle of writing his album, or something like that :sneaky2:

here we go again...mika sending mixed messages...:teehee:

+1 :thumb_yello:

...but speculating keeps us busy...:mf_rosetinted:

So nice to have fresh and real news :wub2:

Damn.. he is growing up, changing and evolving. That's great :thumb_yello:

Thanks everyone for posting :flowers2:

About the title, he has the time to change his mind 5 times at least if he is only half way of the album.. :naughty:

but I like it :thumb_yello:

Has anyone else had the thought, that perhaps there might actually be a slim chance now, that How Much Do You Love Me could be on this album?:wink2:

It is an album about the "different tonalities of love", as Mika puts it, so it would definitely fit right in there.

Yes... and The only lonely one also...

Actually, in spite of all this TOOL fun, I love this title! Looks innocent and beautiful, fragile and sincere :blush-anim-cl:

I'm kind of hoping there will be different views, it's difficult to believe he sees love only innocent and beautiful. But I'm loving the whole idea, and expecting a brilliant album, I mean, not only brilliant songs but the whole album.

it's perfectly understandable that M didn't have any songs till December but....I'm still surprised cause I have that image in my head that he writes songs all the time...

Yes! He said he is writing. That this time (third album) he is doing it in a different way and writing all the time. And I was always wondering how is it possible... How can he concentrate on writing songs in the middle of touring and traveling (not only writing down his thoughts and ideas but really making songs)?

Whaaa?? Does NOBODY exept me like the new title ? :aah:

Oh, I love it! :wub2: No idea what he is going to do with it in the future (he says so many things in interviews...) but I love the idea. He can even keep TOOL as final title if he likes :teehee:

My thoughts exactly :roftl: I don't have ANY image in my head how he can mix these different styles and how it's going to sound. It will be a total surprise! But I have a lot of expectations and I'm very curious :biggrin2: And remember Rain from PDP, it didn't tell much about TBWKTM as an album though Rain was and still is one of my favorites, I like all versions.

Oh, I love it! :wub2: No idea what he is going to do with it in the future (he says so many things in interviews...) but I love the idea. He can even keep TOOL as final title if he likes :teehee:

perhaps something like this? I mean, it has eyeballs and everything, looks a bit Mikaish...

3248202214_74143212b4.jpg

:fisch:

:naughty:

Archived