MIKA in Le Parisien 16.06.11

pinkcell29

how can it be all that AND be the best f*** you album he's ever done at once? i'm thinking we'll be surprised by what it all means.

oh... Mika! i love mysteries :blush-anim-cl:

He is a mystery even to himself:naughty:

Considering he said this when he admittedly had no songs ready, I think it is safe to conclude that it was merely wishful thinking at that time :teehee:

I am not going to get bogged down in anything Mika is saying about this album, especially since it's so far off. I will be shocked and amazed if he retains the title, so it's going to be a surprise for me either way. :roftl:

yes, the album title can change but I really like the fact that it is a concept everyone can associate with and understand without Mika having to go on a roadshow explaining what the concept of the album was... :naughty:

I'm willing to bet at least 70% of his love songs will be unrecognizable as such and he'll have to explain at every turn why he labels them love songs.

I think many ideas or concepts can be interpreted as love - even addictions, for example - , and there will always be people not understanding the obvious. However, I still think that somehow he is likely to have an easier time explaining it than him running around in his underwear in a video:dunno: (:naughty:)

In other words I have absolutely no idea what any of this music is going to sound like until I hear it - on the album. Even what he performs live in the summer will probably sound markedly different.

If anyone does have a good idea of what it will sound like I suspect you are psychic. :naughty:

Besides this, I think ( or would like to think that) the songs will be very different from each other, too, in terms of their genre and the production, so with one comparison he mentions he might be referring to one song, and with another comparison to another one...etc.

I hope it will all work out as a whole - that would be the most difficult part, I think -, and since he is only half way through it, he is unlikely to have a clue if it will work or not.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
perhaps something like this? I mean, it has eyeballs and everything, looks a bit Mikaish...

3248202214_74143212b4.jpg

:fisch:

:naughty:

Okay, I'm worried!! :shocked:

:roftl:

Rufus had a giant eye on the background during his show, and it was a nightmare, it took all my attention :aah: His voice is gorgeous, and I wanted to enjoy it, not watch that eye moving...

Mika has beautiful eyes, but otherwise, please no more eyes or eye balls :roftl:

Has anyone else had the thought, that perhaps there might actually be a slim chance now, that How Much Do You Love Me could be on this album?:wink2:

It is an album about the "different tonalities of love", as Mika puts it, so it would definitely fit right in there.

I never thought of that, but *punches air* YESSSSSS! That would be awesome!!!

Okay, I'm worried!! :shocked:

:roftl:

Rufus had a giant eye on the background during his show, and it was a nightmare, I took all my attention :aah: His voice is gorgeous, and wanted to enjoy it, not watch that eye moving...

Mika has beautiful eyes, but otherwise, please no more eyes or eye balls :roftl:

:roftl::roftl::roftl:

I agree, but all this TOOL talk... I just couldn't resist... :aah:

Damn!! I quoted someone like 3 pages ago and now the post has disappeared! :aah:

Ok, he said in the interview that he had no songs till December... Well, I´ve been trying to find one interview he did last summer (summer comes before December, don´t forget it :mf_rosetinted:) when he was interviewed by a girl who wear sunglasses and at the end, he stole the sunglasses from her... you remember?? Well, in that interview he already said he has some songs written...

pffff Mika.... Gertrude again?????? :roftl::roftl:

Damn!! I quoted someone like 3 pages ago and now the post has disappeared! :aah:

Ok, he said in the interview that he had no songs till December... Well, I´ve been trying to find one interview he did last summer (summer comes before December, don´t forget it :mf_rosetinted:) when he was interviewed by a girl who wear sunglasses and at the end, he stole the sunglasses from her... you remember?? Well, in that interview he already said he has some songs written...

yes we definitely CAN count :naughty:

never underestimate the powers of a Mikafan :mf_rosetinted:

Well, he has some songs written that have never been released officially, so that statement was true last summer.

So you can interpret it a way that in January he decided on a brand new start and that those currently existing songs would never make it into the new album. :dunno:

In fact, you can interpret Mika however you please...:mf_rosetinted:

yes we definitely CAN count :naughty:

never underestimate the powers of a Mikafan :mf_rosetinted:

I´m proud of all you Mikafans :mf_rosetinted:

Well, he has some songs written that have never been released officially, so that statement was true last summer.

So you can interpret it a way that in January he decided on a brand new start and that those currently existng songs would never make it into the new album. :dunno:

Damn, I need to find that interview... he said he was already working in his third album... well, I haven´t watched that interview the last weeks, but I´m almost sure he meant he was doing new songs...

Anyway... he´s Mika... I guess we are used to his "lies" :teehee:

In other words I have absolutely no idea what any of this music is going to sound like until I hear it - on the album. Even what he performs live in the summer will probably sound markedly different.

Yeah, like "Rain" for example :naughty: Biggest switch of sound evah.

thanx, i like the first one. :thumb_yello:

don't know which one you mean, but in this one (from november) at ca. 4:00 he says that the 3rd cd is started: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7Nb6QPGuuY :naughty:

[YOUTUBE]6RHhktt2vKU[/YOUTUBE]

...but speculating keeps us busy...:mf_rosetinted:

Indeed. :roftl:

But I have a lot of expectations and I'm very curious And remember Rain from PDP, it didn't tell much about TBWKTM as an album though Rain was and still is one of my favorites, I like all versions.

Oh I don't think I could survive another Rain PDP. :aah: I am hoping he debuts mostly French songs because I won't understand enough nuance in the language to know whether they are good or bad. :roftl:

I think many ideas or concepts can be interpreted as love - even addictions, for example - , and there will always be people not understanding the obvious. However, I still think that somehow he is likely to have an easier time explaining it than him running around in his underwear in a video.

Well if he is running around in his underwear this time the "love" connection will be quite obvious. :lmfao:

Rufus had a giant eye on the background during his show, and it was a nightmare, it took all my attention :aah: His voice is gorgeous, and I wanted to enjoy it, not watch that eye moving...

The first time I saw that show I was right off a flight from Japan, jetlagged and exhausted. That eye was killing me. :aah:

Mika, I won´t trust you anymore :shun:

This is what I mean about not getting bogged down and worried about what the album will sound like based on what he is saying. :wink2: I think, like Suzie has said, there will be a mixture of styles between songs and not necessarily within the songs. So even if there are a couple of electronic songs we'll still get the piano Dr. John type of thing.

I don't even know what to think when he says things like "it will be very different" because he said that about TBWKTM when he was making it too :dunno:

Thanx mellody!

Yes, he was saying that the whole summer :aah:

Mika, I won´t trust you anymore :shun:

Yes, I remember that he boasted of starting the new album a long time ago before December! I was so glad to hear it, at those days, I hoped that the new album will be out very soon :aah:

You never know with Mika :dunno:

btw: House in US? Is this that house that we discussed, with the picture by paparazzi?

So, maybe that legendary New House (with sophisticated vases) isn't located in London, but in US?

Oh, I love it! :wub2: No idea what he is going to do with it in the future (he says so many things in interviews...) but I love the idea. He can even keep TOOL as final title if he likes :teehee:

Oh yes, me too :biggrin2:

Well if he is running around in his underwear this time the "love" connection will be quite obvious. :lmfao:

He might need a pair of red ones this time :das:

btw: House in US? Is this that house that we discussed, with the picture by paparazzi?

Is it in the new articles posted this morning?

So, maybe that legendary New House (with sophisticated vases) isn't located in London, but in US?

or both :dunno:

The first time I saw that show I was right off a flight from Japan, jetlagged and exhausted. That eye was killing me. :aah:

My husband couldn't stay awake watching the eye (he had had a long day at work) :lmfao: Luckily the rest of the show was so different :wub2:

Thanks for the youtube links Andy:flowers2:

So glad to hear that Paloma is fighting and doing better:wub2:

Actually, in spite of all this TOOL fun, I love this title! Looks innocent and beautiful, fragile and sincere :blush-anim-cl:

Couldnt agree with you more:thumb_yello:

Shouldnt we have a seperate thread at least for the first one since it's a new interview some people might not find the link easily in this thread.

Oh wow so he really does have a place in the US. I would still be surprised if it's in Florida because it's so far away from his family on the eastern seaboard and LA where he works :dunno:

Lucrezia do you want to start new threads for the other articles?

Gosh, I could understand almost everything I read, no Google help and no French knowledge at all. :roftl: I should ask Google now for a proper translation. :teehee:

Thanks for sharing! :biggrin2:

So you can interpret it a way that in January he decided on a brand new start and that those currently existing songs would never make it into the new album. :dunno:

Exactly... And I remember that we interpreted him so "badly" that we were complaining about the lack of information when he was in Montreal with Empire of the Sun, and in fact he didn't know what he was doing there. :aah:

Archived