MIKA in Le Parisien 16.06.11

pinkcell29

Wow, "The Origin of Love"? That's the name of one of my favorite songs from "Hedwig and the Angry Inch." :wub2:

Okay, now that my fangurly-ness has passed, I'm actually quite pissed. :sneaky2:

Don't get me wrong -- I love the title, but I loved it the first time around. Surely he can come up with something just as beautiful? :dunno:

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay, now that my fangurly-ness has passed, I'm actually quite pissed. :sneaky2:

Don't get me wrong -- I love the title, but I loved it the first time around. Surely he can come up with something just as beautiful? :dunno:

Maybe it's a working title? It feels describing, I like it because it tells more than just a thought of love songs, it feels an analyzing approach. And of course we have no idea what he has in his mind :teehee:

I agree that taking it just because he likes the phrase does not make much sense. However, if he uses it because he wants to build the album around that theme from the musical or ancient mythology or wherever he heard it, it can be fascinating. :dunno:

I can also imagine it to be just a working title and he might change it in the end. He has a lot of time to decide on it. In any case, I prefer it to the last album title which was not original at all and also too long.

I really like Martin Solveig, but I really don't know what kind of music they could do together...

The last M.Solveig: (after Rolland Garros, le Stade de France):

orc9nAiEG_8

or an old one:

nnUH674iGDA

Maybe it's a working title? It feels describing, I like it because it tells more than just a thought of love songs, it feels an analyzing approach. And of course we have no idea what he has in his mind :teehee:

He doesn't say that it's a working title. And after what he said before about not liking an album title being the same as a song on it, and changing the last one for that reason, I don't think he'd announce that it would be the title, if he were going to change it.

I also like Rejection by him, for example. :groovy:

Besides, I am so pleased he finally mentions rock bands as inspiration :punk:

Rejection is my favourite Martin Solveig song! Brings back so many memories (it was played ALL the time at discos in France a few years ago) :teehee:

Anyways, their collaboration sounds very good to me. Looking forward to the final song(s).

well, he gave us The origin of coffee and we liked it (mostly anyways)

so why not The origin of Love ?

You know, i can't judge the title until i hear what goes with it, what it represents. I'll be able to judge it when i hear the album.

So Mika, if you need someone to listen to it first and give you my thoughts on it, i'm all ears! :fangurl:

but i do agree that TBWKTM was a bit too long though :naughty:

Thanks for the info. :flowers2:

I gathered:

1.) There will be a third album.

2.) It will be out at some point next year.

3.) As of now the title might be 'the origins of love'.

4.) Mika dyed his hair.

My two cents:

1.) That's a relief.

2.) Looking forward to it. Very much.

3.) Probably a thought that struck his mind while flying John Travolta's little 747. Well, hopefully.

4.) He can do what he wants. :naughty:

yes, it is a good point. it suggests that the whole album is built around a concept. This message is something the previous album title failed to convey - and neither did the album, to be honest. :teehee:.

well, he gave us The origin of coffee and we liked it (mostly anyways)

so why not The origin of Love ?

You know, i can't judge the title until i hear what goes with it, what it represents. I'll be able to judge it when i hear the album.

So Mika, if you need someone to listen to it first and give you my thoughts on it, i'm all ears! :fangurl:

but i do agree that TBWKTM was a bit too long though :naughty:

Actually, in spite of all this TOOL fun, I love this title! Looks innocent and beautiful, fragile and sincere :blush-anim-cl:

Actually, in spite of all this TOOL fun, I love this title! Looks innocent and beautiful, fragile and sincere :blush-anim-cl:

hmm but i don't think this is what you are going to find in that album.

how can it be all that AND be the best f*** you album he's ever done at once? i'm thinking we'll be surprised by what it all means.

oh... Mika! i love mysteries :blush-anim-cl:

Wow....wow!!

about Paloma-it's important to be a fighter! fingers crossed!!!

fleetwood mac-hmmm I'd love to hear Mika sing "everywhere...." not on the album of course...

it's perfectly understandable that M didn't have any songs till December but....I'm still surprised cause I have that image in my head that he writes songs all the time...

about Compiegne and other gigs-film people, film!!!!! (and focus on his face..)

Wow....wow!!

about Paloma-it's important to be a fighter! fingers crossed!!!

fleetwood mac-hmmm I'd love to hear Mika sing "everywhere...." not on the album of course...

it's perfectly understandable that M didn't have any songs till December but....I'm still surprised cause I have that image in my head that he writes songs all the time...

about Compiegne and other gigs-film people, film!!!!!

that's often the idea he gave us, isn't it? i suppose it doesn't mean that he wasn't writing a few things here and there, but just not a complete song.

that's often the idea he gave us, isn't it? i suppose it doesn't mean that he wasn't writing a few things here and there, but just not a complete song.

yes, as remedy..:wink2: yeah...maybe not complete...

hmm but i don't think this is what you are going to find in that album.

how can it be all that AND be the best f*** you album he's ever done at once? i'm thinking we'll be surprised by what it all means.

oh... Mika! i love mysteries :blush-anim-cl:

I Know...it will be such a contradiction - fragile title and hard electropunk :aah:

Has anyone else had the thought, that perhaps there might actually be a slim chance now, that How Much Do You Love Me could be on this album?:wink2:

It is an album about the "different tonalities of love", as Mika puts it, so it would definitely fit right in there.

As I remember, he said the last summer or autumn that he is in the middle of writing his album, or something like that :sneaky2:

Archived