New Mika Song in French: "Elle me dit"

mellody

:wags_finger:

Okay, so what do you make of "no need to fantasize since I was in my braces."

Well, i could answer you but then you'd have to send me to the NC....:mf_rosetinted:

I don't want to hear the word "fish" in any song about anything written by anyone ever.

Not even "Jaws" soundrack???:mf_rosetinted:

oh, yes. If you want something special and / or outstanding then this song is not for you. It is merely a bonus track that the majority may not like.

Funnily enough I do, but only the way I like really silly and idiotic pop songs. (:teehee:) However, it still feels really awkward to know it is from someone who wrote songs like Happy Ending, Over My Shoulder and Toy Boy...

At the same time, I don't for a moment believe that this sound will be characteristic of his third album, so I am not worried....yet :naughty:

agreed! Happy Ending is very special :wub2:

:wags_finger:

Okay, so what do you make of "no need to fantasize since I was in my braces."

We all know the chaos he causes when he is not wearing those dam braces...

so he is telling us "No need to fantasize since i was in my braces"

it's a warning :naughty:

agreed! Happy Ending is very special :wub2:

Exactly!:mf_rosetinted:

:das:

I finally understand it now, after 4 and a half years! :doh:

Thanks for the explanation. :roftl:

:das:

I finally understand it now, after 4 and a half years! :doh:

Thanks for the explanation. :roftl:

:naughty: it's the only thing that is logical :aah:

my mama always said, if someting doesn't make sense then make sense of it! :wub2:

:lmfao: Oh come on you loved that line in NYC :fisch:

:teehee:

I loved being there and hearing him sing it live, that's too true.

But that line just... well... :blink:

well, actually, Deb prefers this line "it's sooo nice to see you again" :fangurl:

:blush-anim-cl:

Absolutely agree. It really goes without saying that this French single would never even be considered in getting airplay here in the States...so off the bat he's limiting himself.

No, it's clearly not meant to appeal to a US market. And it really doesn't. :no:

Bah, well you know for a bonus track on an album I think it's not too bad really (yes I'm looking at you Erase :naughty:).

:lmfao:

But you're right. On a scale of 1 to 10 where Erase is a zero, EMD is

definitely at least a 6 or 7. However, I'd still really rather hear the

rest of the new album!

I LOVE Elle me dit, like everything about it: melody, lyrics, voice; to me it's a perfect bonus track, a summer hit, is catchy, dancy, fresh,

makes me feel good and like dancing, cheers me up :wub2:

even hubby smiles and dances listening to it :biggrin2:

Last but not least to me it has a deep meaning

I speak and love French, that's probably one of the reasons why it appeals to me so much and IMO it could be a great hit in Italy as well

although I must confess I didn't expect to love such a song, not being my genre

Can't wait to dance and sing it along at gigs

Oh and Nina (tiibet), I agree with everything you say : this is exactly how I think and feel about Mika, the song, his world, his music :original:

Edited by mari62
adding sentences

I LOVE Elle me dit, like everything about it: melody, lyrics, voice; to me it's a perfect bonus track, a summer hit, is catchy, dancy, fresh, makes me feel good and like dancing, cheers me up :wub2:

I speak and love French, that's probably one of the reasons why it appeals to me so much and IMO it could be a great hit in Italy as well

Oh and Nina (tiibet), I agree with everything you say : this is exactly how I think and feel about Mika, the song, his world, his music :original:

100% with you Maria! My 2 little ones enjoy listening to it, even my mum (she's 58) does:biggrin2:

I LOVE Elle me dit, like everything about it: melody, lyrics, voice; to me it's a perfect bonus track, a summer hit, is catchy, dancy, fresh,

I agree with everything you wrote, especially with the bolded parts:wub2:

Exactly what I think and feel. Thank you Marina!

if you don´t want to explain it, it must be cause I got the meaning, then :mf_rosetinted:

Why do you need to be explained everything? :dunno: It usually pays off just to :fangurl: without thinking. No stress, just "spreading the Mika love".:pinkbow:

:mf_rosetinted:

I'm totally agree with you! I don't like dance music so much, but this song is great! When you listen to it, you immediately want to dance! It isn't too disco, which is a VERY GOOD thing because I really don't like disco music -especially the newest one, that is only TUNZ TUNZ TUNZ :punk: -

At first I didn't like it that much, not because of a genre, just I've been expected something else from Mika.

But you're right: it raises my mood and emotions, without bothering about understanding every single word in French.

The beat and atmosphere of the song means more to me :wink2:

I LOVE 'elle me dit' it took a few listens but now i cant stop playing it. I played it in the car to my friends (who are english too) and they where like wow i can see mika winning more people over with this style. Cant wait till febuary for album def going to see him AGAIN hehe :)

100% with you Maria! My 2 little ones enjoy listening to it, even my mum (she's 58) does:biggrin2:
:biggrin2:

I'm totally agree with you! I don't like dance music so much, but this song is great! When you listen to it, you immediately want to dance! It isn't too disco, which is a VERY GOOD thing because I really don't like disco music -especially the newest one, that is only TUNZ TUNZ TUNZ :punk: -
yeah, same here, that's why I like it, it's dancy, but not too disco, his songs always have a peculiar style :thumb_yello:

At first I didn't like it that much, not because of a genre, just I've been expected something else from Mika.

But you're right: it raises my mood and emotions, without bothering about understanding every single word in French.

The beat and atmosphere of the song means more to me :wink2:

exactly, the atmosphere is so positive, relaxed, easy-going: I let myself go and forget anything else, to me it's magic like most Mika's tracks :wub2:

it's a powerful antidepressant, makes me wanna sing, dance and enjoy life :excite:

I get the message to love, appreciate, enjoy and fully live life despite all the problems

I love this song so much!

Even though I don't understand the lyrics .. o.o

I love it!:wub2:

I'm in Spanish right now, and I asked my Spanish teacher ( Who also teaches French), to read it, and he could translate the words perfectly. :thumb_yello:

I've been listening to this all day, trying to learn the lyrics.

Can anyone explain to me what does "I´ll say nothing on your microphone till you swear to take me home" :mf_rosetinted: mean??

I don't know:aah: , but I like the way he says microPHONE and HOME in a different way :wub2:

I LOVE 'elle me dit' it took a few listens but now i cant stop playing it. I played it in the car to my friends (who are english too) and they where like wow i can see mika winning more people over with this style. Cant wait till febuary for album def going to see him AGAIN hehe :)

I agree with you. I wouldn't want him to write the same kinds of songs always. I know we'll have some wonderful big anthems on the album, but this is lighter and catchy, and yet... still a Mikasong. When I first heard EMD and it got to the chorus, and there's that bit of falsetto in there, I thought...

"Yes, anyone would still know it is a Mika song, it's different, yet it's unmistakably MIKA!"

Since we're discussing lyrics ,

How can empty loving make you SEAsick ? :blink:

:aah:

THAT, is a very good point.

It just fits the rhythm I guess...! :naughty:

'Empty loving, makes me si-ick' doesn't quite sound as poetic :aah:

There are many Mika lyrics you can think too much into :naughty: