suzie

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LISTEN LISTEN

:Update:

They sang it together in tune, a non-melodramatic way and with their voices fitting well in Seoul::wub2:

[YOUTUBE]oQUUYI1jrXk[/YOUTUBE]

...and he says he doesn't know what to do with this song. :roftl:

I like this variant of behaviour much more! Naughty smile, funny look, giggling, zzzzzzzzz, - it is much more adorable than tragic pretending to be Diana Ross :thumb_yello:

"I don't know what I'm going to do with this song."

Oh yes Mika because you are not putting it on the album are you? :teehee:

What if he re-writes the lyrics? I want it with different lyrics now that it turns out he can sing it.:roftl:

What if he re-writes the lyrics? I want it with different lyrics now that it turns out he can sing it.:roftl:

Still sounds flat to me :dunno: This song is just a fail on all counts IMO. It was fine to have Lonely Alcoholic or whatever on the EP but he already has 5 French bonus tracks in the works so I hope that this is not one of the 12 regular songs. Every song he's ever written is better than this :naughty:

There are a few actors in this world who have voices that are so amazing, it would thrill me to hear them read names out of a phone book just to hear them speak.

Mika could sing the names out of a phone book.

That being said, I really do like it when he gets sentimental. It's a nice contrast to the jubilant vitriol of many of his songs.

Of course, I am biased because these are the kinds of melodies I've been seeking for a decade and haven't found anywhere. I really like the way he puts notes together.

I really do hope that this and Under Water will be on the album in forms that are not much different than we've heard so far. I love both songs.

I think they fit together. In BIOTW we have "Let love pull us under"

Then in UW, "Put your lips on me and I can live underwater"

All BIOTW needs is a different title (maybe just The Weather) and a few tweeks with the lyrics so they are poetic but not cheesy. Apart from that BIOTW is a great romantic ballad and would be good on the album.

LISTEN LISTEN

They sang it together in tune, a non-melodramatic way and with their voices fitting well in Seoul::wub2:

Pooor guy. I think he read all of our comments how we dislike it so he decided to not use it on the album. :lmfao:

GOOOOOD!

I don't dislike it! It like it:wub2:

I like it too, but not like this. When he started to sing all alone, I was like YES YES no Ida! (I like Ida, she´s an amazing singer but not in a combination with Mika) and those arrangments are now better, but they still can be even more good! and lyrics are.. simple. :teehee:

but the melody is perfect. Like really perfect.

LISTEN LISTEN

I love this one! He's so cute when she's singing! :teehee::wub2:

I like it too, but not like this. When he started to sing all alone, I was like YES YES no Ida! (I like Ida, she´s an amazing singer but not in a combination with Mika) and those arrangements are now better, but they still can be even more good! and lyrics are.. simple. :teehee:

but the melody is perfect. Like really perfect.

yes, that's what I still think, too. Great melody but the lyrics totally spoil it.

At least it is listenable now because he sings it really well. Shame about the clapping though.:teehee:

this song's been growing on me lately anyway (the lyrics are a bit weird though & why can't He just call it Blame The Weather or something, unless it's somehow akin to BiotG and i just don't get it), but i like this new version much more.

i wonder what He'll do with it? i'm thinking... b-side :thumb_yello:

i wonder what He'll do with it? i'm thinking... b-side :thumb_yello:

I'm thinking ....c-side for this version (:naughty:)

or a-side with different lyrics and some gloomy arrangement to counterbalance the sweetness of the melody and the lyrical content. :teehee:

I'm thinking ....c-side for this version (:naughty:)

or a-side with different lyrics and some gloomy arrangement to counterbalance the sweetness of the melody and the lyrical content. :teehee:

HE WANNA SING IT WITH ME HE´S JUST TOO SHY TO ASK ME :mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted:

I'm glad most people seem to be thinking the same as me. I find the lyrics cringey (embarrassing) and hate the duet but when I heard this version I really quite liked it up to the point where Ida joined in.

I so agree that some decent lyrics and it sung solo along with a better title (and let's face it he's good at changing titles!!) could transform it into a fave.

PS I actually don't believe that the album will be called Origins of love!! :teehee:

LISTEN LISTEN

:fisch: :fisch:

I have to say, that even though I still think that the lyrics suck greatly, this performance and the new way he's singing it (both of them,actually) changes the song dramatically.

He's singing properly, with feeling but not as if he's doing a cheesy musical, he's laid off the silly hand gestures, and he's finally looking like he's focusing on the singing rather than on the show.

So yes, big thumbs up from my side. Mind you, I still wouldn't really want to see it on the new album taking up the space of a 'proper' song :blush-anim-cl:

Maybe he can do another little Songs for Sorrow type thing called Songs for Seasons and put it there, with another couple of weather related songs :lmfao:

:fisch: :fisch:

I have to say, that even though I still think that the lyrics suck greatly, this performance and the new way he's singing it (both of them,actually) changes the song dramatically.

He's singing properly, with feeling but not as if he's doing a cheesy musical, he's laid off the silly hand gestures, and he's finally looking like he's focusing on the singing rather than on the show.

So yes, big thumbs up from my side. Mind you, I still wouldn't really want to see it on the new album taking up the space of a 'proper' song :blush-anim-cl:

Maybe he can do another little Songs for Sorrow type thing called Songs for Seasons and put it there, with another couple of weather related songs :lmfao:

:roftl:Good one!:thumb_yello:

:lmao:

Blame it on the Weather

Foamy Sky

The Sun Always Shines on My CD

and

.. Frosty the Snowman

about the version from Seoul...:

how right it sounds when Mika sings alone....

good that Ida starts when the snow and winter lyrics starts...it kind of fits her...BUT I still have a knife opening in my pocket when I hear/see her (it's just an expresion taken from my native language...)

I think she sings it better than before, with more feeling but it's just a lesson learned better...nothing else...she doesn't have that something that makes a person an artist

sorry but to me she's just an average opera singer. it's like dead singing... Mika is alive...

some of the greatest opera singers can sing not in a dead way but they have that something

probably Ida can sing in a clear way most of the sounds but....not my type

AND: I'd prefer if Mika FIRST recorded this song in an alive, emotional way solo or with a good duet and THEN presented it with this attraction which is singing with opera singer on stage (I will still dislike it....;-))))

sorry, but except Freddie Mercury with Montserrat Caballe all the rest rock/pop artists singing with opera singers sounded....strange

but it's just the digression

the point is Ida is not Montserrat Caballe

and I really liked the duet with Danielle De Niesse

I know I'm being a little cruel here...the point is I wouldn't say it in such words to a person face to face because I respect feelings , I would say negative things if a person asked me about opinion and I would choose words more carefully, but I don't care here cause I just feel it's a place to write things like they are in the head sometimes... and negative emotions want to go out ;-))

about chemistry...(someone wrote it before) between Ida and Mika on stage...

ha, sure , they may feel comfortable with each other but sorry I don't see/feel any chemistry there...I almost see the glass between them when they sing this song together ;-)) ( it's not an accusation, I'm not looking for any chemistry between them, I like things like they naturally are)

and again sorry for hurting the feelings of people who love this duet.

I personally don't get hurt when someone dislikes Mika or his songs at all!!! but I know many people feel hurt when someone else dislikes things they love

finito.

Edited by Melisanda