Blame It On The Weather - song discussion

suzie

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

she's got a stunning voice as far as I can understand, and her pics are gorgeous :wub2:

I totally agree -- she has an amazing voice. I would love to hear her

perform in an opera sometime!:thumb_yello:

I totally agree -- she has an amazing voice. I would love to hear her

perform in an opera sometime!:thumb_yello:

Well, she was great in the Queen of the Night aria last year : it fitted her voice and singing style. Shame I never heard it live. :emot-sad:

Actually, if Mika insists on singing with her, I'd rather listen to her sing that one again, followed by Mika singing 'Ein Mädchen oder Weibchen' as Papageno in his Dr John coat (:teehee:) than the two of them singing this lovely-dovey song. I can totally see Mika transfer back to opera style but can't imagine Ida ever being able to sound too credible as a pop singer. :dunno:

Yes, you can see more about her on her official web page:

http://www.idasings.com/biog.html

thank you:biggrin2: ... she is so beautiful on those pics:teehee:

'Glitter and be gay' :teehee:

she's got a stunning voice as far as I can understand, and her pics are gorgeous :wub2:

No idea but I would love seeing her perform some opera live, just to see her doing what she does the best, because we all know pop is not her main genre and she's probably doing this for Mika only.

agree with you all. still it is good to hear her voice in pop music. It gives a new and beautiful sound to it

ida sings - mika only sounds...:mf_rosetinted:

:roftl:

that kind of sums up this song...:naughty:

:roftl:

I've liked all three songs! Lucky me! :teehee:

Karen is genius in my opinion, but Blame It On The Weather is... divine. The one that makes you levitate while hearing to it live?

:wub2::wub2::wub2:

That's it. It's my 2011 Lady Jane.

Today I thought of BIOTW : it`s so good that it needs no additional vocal by Ida on the album . I`d like to hear a final album version sung by Mika alone.

The live one sounds good as a duo, but I`d prefer it with Mika`s vocal on the album .

I love the song so much! It hope he keeps it as raw and simple on the album. Like how I prefer the piano version of rain during the concerts more than the one on the album actually... :teehee:

This might be a little off-topic, but I did a cover of the song, if anyone is interested :blush-anim-cl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlnHzm9679c

Edited by guineverer

Well, she was great in the Queen of the Night aria last year : it fitted her voice and singing style. Shame I never heard it live. :emot-sad:

Actually, if Mika insists on singing with her, I'd rather listen to her sing that one again, followed by Mika singing 'Ein Mädchen oder Weibchen' as Papageno in his Dr John coat (:teehee:) than the two of them singing this lovely-dovey song. I can totally see Mika transfer back to opera style but can't imagine Ida ever being able to sound too credible as a pop singer. :dunno:

I totally associate that aria with his "Doctor John" stage presence, I thought I was the only one. Would definitely love seeing Ida and Meeks doing this together:

:naughty:

Would definitely love seeing Ida and Meeks doing this together:

The lyrics are way better in this duet... Pa-pa-pa :teehee: besides, I like it when Mika sings in German. I mean, somehow the way he pronounces German words sounds really cool to my ears. I prefer it to his French, even though I know he hardly speaks the language itself. :teehee:

Edited by suzie

I totally associate that aria with his "Doctor John" stage presence, I thought I was the only one. Would definitely love seeing Ida and Meeks doing this together:

THAT would be awesome :mf_lustslow:

I love the song as it is played live, just beautiful :wub2:

Maybe the song would be more dynamic, if Ida and Mika wouldn't sing only solo parts and synchronous parts... If they would sing some parts 'against' each other (voices crossing each other), the song could be more dynamic in my opinion. But to be clear, I love the song in this pure version.

Okay, I presented this song to a friend of mine who only likes Lollipop and frankly doesn't care much about anything else of his work, and here she is after two days, blaming me for her not being able to draw this song out of her mind, asking me for other gig videos and wanting to observe on every single thing with me. :roftl:

So this might turn into a potential let-me-introduce-you-to-Mika-so-you-can-get-to-like-him song :teehee: And I noticed that if you show them a good video where you can clearly see the surroundings as well, the stage setting is a huge advantage and makes them want to see more :naughty:

Okay, I presented this song to a friend of mine who only likes Lollipop and frankly doesn't care much about anything else of his work, and here she is after two days, blaming me for her not being able to draw this song out of her mind, asking me for other gig videos and wanting to observe on every single thing with me. :roftl:

So this might turn into a potential let-me-introduce-you-to-Mika-so-you-can-get-to-like-him song :teehee: And I noticed that if you show them a good video where you can clearly see the surroundings as well, the stage setting is a huge advantage and makes them want to see more :naughty:

Oh. I must try that. :aah:

That's what I think of it too. It's a good song to use as bait, to hook them in!

• 1 month later...