Blame It On The Weather - song discussion

suzie

hello, welcome here! :welcomeani:

I think the song IS beautiful, I just mind Ida´s sharp voice in it. That´s it. :wink2:

I don't mind the song, but if i don't find their voice blend well together on this one. As a matter of fact, if i close my eyes, it sounds to me like he is singing with an older female, a more mature woman :roftl:

I prefer BIOTW to Erase anyday! :teehee:

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don`t think the song reflects some REAL personal Mika`s feellings ...

We shouldn`t treat it as his " sympathy message". It`s just a piece of performance.

I agree with you and it's one of the reasons I don't like it. I don't see the point of a song like this if it's not sincere and not believable. Compare it to Adele's Someone Like You. Her performances are incredibly raw and moving because it is real and not acting.

Ever since I discovered Mika I have dreamed of him writing a musical and even performing in it but this is supposed to be a song on an album, not a soundtrack. I don't look to pop music for performance art and I think Mika distracts from his real talent with all these costumes and props and pantomime. There is a cheese factor in musicals that is just not tolerable in pop music imo.

I don´t understand what you mean, it´s just that I still don´t understand all this convo... First I can´t understand why you are too upset lately (not only with the song, also with Ida and of course with Jodie) as if you are afraid to discover the "real" Mika... Lena, Mika is a singer/songwriter who writes and will write songs to sing with other people... don´t make a drama if he decides to sing songs with friends or mates of label... He was working with Empire of the Sun, and that Canadian girl (sorry, don´t remember the name) who sang so fine... Mika is almost 28 and he lives in London. He has friends. He likes to party. To party and to sing with Ida... Don´t you think it would be better for you if you just take what you like and skip what you don´t like?? It´s not what I do, cause I take everything... He wants to party with Jodie?? it´s ok for me, I had a good laugh when I see the pic the first time... OH COME ON!!! IT´S FUNNY!! HE LOOKS LIKE AN ALPHA MALE!!!:aah::aah:

But for what I´ve read from you these last months, you are not used to Mika´s eccentricities, and he is quite eccentric... I can´t imagine how your reaction was when he was caught totally drunk going out from that drag queens party years ago... Mika is not just the smiling guy who sings Lollipop on stage... He is also a human being who likes to party and to do silly things... Be happy Lena...

I have copyright on that expression, lady:biggrin2::wink2::roftl:

I don´t understand what you mean, it´s just that I still don´t understand all this convo... First I can´t understand why you are too upset lately (not only with the song, also with Ida and of course with Jodie) as if you are afraid to discover the "real" Mika... Lena, Mika is a singer/songwriter who writes and will write songs to sing with other people... don´t make a drama if he decides to sing songs with friends or mates of label... He was working with Empire of the Sun, and that Canadian girl (sorry, don´t remember the name) who sang so fine... Mika is almost 28 and he lives in London. He has friends. He likes to party. To party and to sing with Ida... Don´t you think it would be better for you if you just take what you like and skip what you don´t like?? It´s not what I do, cause I take everything... He wants to party with Jodie?? it´s ok for me, I had a good laugh when I see the pic the first time... OH COME ON!!! IT´S FUNNY!! HE LOOKS LIKE AN ALPHA MALE!!!:aah::aah:

But for what I´ve read from you these last months, you are not used to Mika´s eccentricities, and he is quite eccentric... I can´t imagine how your reaction was when he was caught totally drunk going out from that drag queens party years ago... Mika is not just the smiling guy who sings Lollipop on stage... He is also a human being who likes to party and to do silly things... Be happy Lena...

That's it exactly. He's a human being, not a God or a perfect person. He's just like the rest of us, and I personally wouldn't want him to be any other way, than who he is.

Definitely.

I totally agree that some things he does may not be to everyone's satisfaction, but that's it, you've nothing to do. And why would you do anything? Why would we complain about anything he does, not musically-related? I don't think we're right in doing that, just because I'm sure we wouldn't like having people watching over us all the time and quickly criticize everything that is not to their satisfaction.

We are either OK with what he does and simply take minor things that we don't like as things we shouldn't be concerned about, or have a break and come back when we are OK with it :roftl: I just don't get it when people make a whole lot of fuss about things that are not even up to them, like Mika's private life.

OK, done. I am gloriously off-topic now, I know.

:mf_rosetinted:

That's it exactly. He's a human being, not a God or a perfect person. He's just like the rest of us, and I personally wouldn't want him to be any other way, than who he is.

Absolutely. And after all, why would we? This is the guy that we fell for (musically and creatively speaking, of course :mf_rosetinted:) so we should continue to take him the way he is.

Edited by Cherisse

I think it's fairly typical these days to be interested in the personalities of musicians which is why image is so important in pop music. If you have a philosophical problem with drugs you are probably going to be put off of Pete Doherty or you have a problem with women projecting themselves as sleazy you are probably not going to care for Kesha.

What I don't understand is why anyone would be interested in Mika on a personal level in the first place if they find these aspects of his offstage life so bothersome. Mika has been singing with Ida, drinking, hanging out with drag queens, etc. since before any of us had ever heard of him. These are not shocking revelations. It's just part of the package and always has been.

Mika is not my brother or my son so that I have to love him regardless because I'm stuck with him by an accident of birth. I'm just a fan of his music. If I didn't like his behaviour and what very little I know about his lifestyle then I just wouldn't like him and wouldn't pay any attention to him beyond listening to his CDs :dunno:

Anyway since I love Mika's drag queen loving style can I get back to criticizing this song now? :roftl:

M. Mastin, Cherisse, Christine - thank you. I`m so glad you realize what is REALLY important , and what is not. What we do discuss here - is his music. Not the things beyond it , or Ida`s presence...

I`m upset with those "stepford fans" putting aspects of Mika `s personal life far ahead of his music.

Let`s get back to the song. Do you think we`ll hear it on the album ?

Anyway since I love Mika's drag queen loving style can I get back to criticizing this song now? :roftl:

Hahah, I love his style too :biggrin2: But back to the song. Do we know if he has even planned it as a part of his new album or if it is just a separate song he wanted to do? I'm referring to it's "musical style". It is about love so do we just assume it is for the album or has he said something about it? I can't remember.

(Edit: I was supposed to quote your earlier post too, Christine, saying this is not a soundtrack, sorry!)

Edited by tiibet

Hahah, I love his style too :biggrin2: But back to the song. Do we know if he has even planned it as a part of his new album or if it is just a separate song he wanted to do? I'm referring to it's "musical style". It is about love so do we just assume it is for the album or has he said something about it? I can't remember.

Maybe it´s written for some Ida´s upcoming album that we don´t know anything about so far :das:

(Edit: I was supposed to quote your earlier post too, Christine, saying this is not a soundtrack, sorry!)

In Compiègne he introduced BIOTW as the first song he would sing from his new album in English (link to my vid

Advertising never hurt anybody :blush-anim-cl::teehee:)

I don't recall him saying anything one way or the other about it being on the album but I'm hoping it's only a bonus/hidden track. :naughty: But it does fit in with the theme so I guess we have to assume it's part of the 12 English tracks he's mentioned. :dunno:

In Compiègne he introduced BIOTW as the first song he would sing from his new album in English (link to my vid
Advertising never hurt anybody :blush-anim-cl::teehee:)

Thanks for the link! :thumb_yello:

I don't recall him saying anything one way or the other about it being on the album but I'm hoping it's only a bonus/hidden track. :naughty: But it does fit in with the theme so I guess we have to assume it's part of the 12 English tracks he's mentioned. :dunno:

Well, it definitely fits in the theme... About the bonus tracks, I'm worried about Karen, I hope he will make it as a bonus track (wrong thread, sorry :teehee:).

Arrrgh. Well, it will be hidden on MY copy of the CD, that's for sure! :naughty:

yes she does have one. Singing some classical songs, Would look for it but my in-laws' computer is not very cooperative with me.

what does he do btw? when she doesn`t work with mika? ... does she sing in operas?

I thought too Ida has no albums:teehee:

Does she??

No idea but I would love seeing her perform some opera live, just to see her doing what she does the best, because we all know pop is not her main genre and she's probably doing this for Mika only.

I think it's fairly typical these days to be interested in the personalities of musicians which is why image is so important in pop music. If you have a philosophical problem with drugs you are probably going to be put off of Pete Doherty or you have a problem with women projecting themselves as sleazy you are probably not going to care for Kesha.

What I don't understand is why anyone would be interested in Mika on a personal level in the first place if they find these aspects of his offstage life so bothersome. Mika has been singing with Ida, drinking, hanging out with drag queens, etc. since before any of us had ever heard of him. These are not shocking revelations. It's just part of the package and always has been.

Mika is not my brother or my son so that I have to love him regardless because I'm stuck with him by an accident of birth. I'm just a fan of his music. If I didn't like his behaviour and what very little I know about his lifestyle then I just wouldn't like him and wouldn't pay any attention to him beyond listening to his CDs :dunno:

:floor: :floor:

many people here love him regardless and they are not stuck with him :mf_rosetinted:

:loco:

:aah::aah::aah: