REPORTS/PICTURES/VIDEOS - MIKA@Liège, Belgium - Festival Les Ardentes - 10 July 2011

Blue Sky

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Droopsy Thank you for your report. :flowers2:

That being said, I'm still no fan of BIOTW at ALL. Though from what I saw on the compiegne videos, they sang it better now. Ida sang it very nice. I thought he said he and Ida wrote this song together when they were younger and now decided to record it together? Can anyone back this up? It was all in French so I could have understood it wrong?

I hope you misunderstood the 'recorded it together' part...:roftl:

One thing: Mika, please stop the LICM songs now. Relax you can keep, GK too, but the other ones, it's time to move on :teehee:

I am sorry but I strongly disagree that he should keep Doctor John in instead of Happy Ending, for example ...not to mention the French songs. :no: I don't think they'd please the crowd outside France and Belgium :dunno:

He needs to play songs the majority of the audience likes, especially at festivals. I hope he will come up with some really good singles with the third album, and then I won't mind him replacing some old songs with new ones.

Until then I am patiently waiting for the 'beautiful' and the 'awesome' songs to turn up instead of the "I got used to" , "it's got potential if lyrics are re-written" and "its's not that bad but it doesn't really work for me" type of songs. ( :teehee: )

Report Part 1

Trying a report here. Didn't sleep so far but who cares anyway :naughty:

In the beginning of the day I wasn't very pleased about the numbers-thing. Maybe we can discuss that (not here!) in general if it makes sense to use numbers at festivals or not.

Anyway, we got a spot on the very left (from our point of view) of the stage in front row. I was there with mellody, rak1 and perhonita who came a bit later. I must say we had a great time during the six *support acts*. Thanks, girls!

I dind't really like five of the other acts. But we were just across the (bass-) speakers so we couldn't hear most of what was sung anyway :aah: The "Puggy"(???) were good, though. Like them :thumb_yello:

When Mika's set got prepared we all were really surprised that we didn't get the flowers in the end but the Marie-Antoinette-set. I personally like the idea of making a show like that but can't think of that one working for a proper tour... Plus I don't think there are many show elements. There are the costumes and the set itself. But apart from the changed killing-scene there wasn't many else going on than singing and chatting with the audience. Which is nice, though, I don't complain. Just saying that I noticed a difference :naughty:

I loved that they played Kick Ass, it always gives me so many good vibes and much energy. Love this song! And I like all of his new songs. I could die for the weather song. It's so cheesy and soooo good! I like Ida and Mika singing together and the lyric-parts I got :wub2: (are the lyrics already online btw?) and their interacting was fantastic too :wub2: Elle me dit and I had a difficult start. I learned to like it even though I still don't like that it's in French as I can't sing along. Not even the chorus. Just the simplest parts :aah: But it's a good song to celebrate (and to wait for Mika making mistakes which I kind of expected but didn't happen :naughty: ). I have the same problem with "Karen". The melody is nice and I like the change from slow to faster. But I don't get a single word apart from "elle libre" (or something like that?) which is nice but not really a story :aah:

The balloon-thingie during Happy Ending didn't really work out. The plan was to put confetti in balloons and let them throw it all over the place by letting them go without closing them (my English used to be better when I had more sleep :boxed: ). My balloons ended up twenty cm away from me :aah: and I couldn't really see the others being successful in their mission either. But we had fun!

The best part though was the the time after the show. Apart from being unable to walk and moaning about being tired / in pain / hungry / thirsty / too old for this, I got a great MFC-comunity-vibe :wub2:

@Droopsy Thank you for your report. :flowers2:

I hope you misunderstood the 'recorded it together' part...:roftl:

I am sorry but I strongly disagree that he should keep Doctor John in instead of Happy Ending, for example ...not to mention the French songs. :no: I don't think they'd please the crowd outside France and Belgium :dunno:

He needs to play songs the majority of the audience likes, especially at festivals. I hope he will come up with some really good singles with the third album, and then I won't mind him replacing some old songs with new ones.

Until then I am patiently waiting for the 'beautiful' and the 'awesome' songs to turn up instead of the "I got used to" and "its's not that bad but it doesn't really work for me" songs. ( :teehee: )

I don't mean replace the very old, now boring to me, songs with mediocre also old (second album) songs. I mean: make sure the 3rd album is another LICM full of hits so you don't have to repeat the same songs over and over again until you're 50 :aah:

Report Part 2

Most of us got together right after the gig and then made the way together where the artists' parking area was. That was a long and crowded way so at one point we even hold each others hands to avoid getting lost :roftl: It was great to share this time with you guys, thank you! :wub2: And then we waited. And waited. And waited. The security guy got a bit nervous when he noticed us as he had already said the "he has left already" before but apparently nobody believed him :biggrin2: While waiting we had some nice chats and were in giggling-mood again. I don't want to know what the security guy and that old couple passing by must have thought of us :naughty: I had never waited until 4am for a m&g and don't really fancy it again. But it was absolutely worth it. Mika came out in a van with Ida and a bunch of friends and obviously didn't expect us waiting there. And he was positively surprised. He called the MFC "my old friends" and was very relaxed. At one point he tried to get together all the nations that were there. He was pretty good in that. And as I stood in the front he tried to guess my nationality as well but didn't know :naughty: I told him and thought that this was the first time ever I got the impression that he noticed me. Well, that sounds pathetic. Anyway, I was really happy in that moment :biggrin2: And we made him notice our "hibbeling"-shirts that happened because of a joke on twitter between Hasibobberle, RAK1, Nezza and myself. I explained the meaning of "hibbeling" and got my shirt signed in the end which was really nice :wub2: I can't wait for Mellody's video(s) to show up. Well, I hope they are focused on Mika and I'm out of the picture somehow :naughty:

When I read his tweet this morning I got really :tears: I'm really proud and thankful to be his fan. He's so good with us and I'm happy that he seems to enjoy moments like this as well :blush-anim-cl:

After Mika has left we were in a big hurry as perhonita's and my trains were leaving just a bit later. It was a huge mess but we made it to the station just in time. Therefore the good-byeing-part had to shortened which was a pitty. I hope we didn't forget anybody but if so I'm sorry for that. I hope to see you all soon anyway. I can't believe how long it's been since the last time before and probably will be until the next time :boxed:

But it was a great experience, I'm really proud to know you guys and love the MFC and our Mika! :wub2:

P.s.: As my SD-card was too small for two proper gigs of taking pictures I only took a few of this one. Will check them anyway and upload if I find something shareable. But only AFTER the date with my bed.

I don't mean replace the very old, now boring to me, songs with mediocre also old (second album) songs. I mean: make sure the 3rd album is another LICM full of hits so you don't have to repeat the same songs over and over again until you're 50 :aah:

Oh, I see. :doh: I hope it will happen. I also want another LICM (i.e a record full of brilliant singles that stand on their own without having to explain them, and also make sense as a concept rather than just a collection of hits) I wouldn't even mind his sound changing a bit.

it was a great experience, I'm really proud to know you guys and love the MFC and our Mika! :wub2:

Thank you for your report. You all seem to have had a really great time:thumb_yello:

Report Part 2

Most of us got together right after the gig and then made the way together where the artists' parking area was. That was a long and crowded way so at one point we even hold each others hands to avoid getting lost :roftl: It was great to share this time with you guys, thank you! :wub2: And then we waited. And waited. And waited. The security guy got a bit nervous when he noticed us as he had already said the "he has left already" before but apparently nobody believed him :biggrin2: While waiting we had some nice chats and were in giggling-mood again. I don't want to know what the security guy and that old couple passing by must have thought of us :naughty: I had never waited until 4am for a m&g and don't really fancy it again. But it was absolutely worth it. Mika came out in a van with Ida and a bunch of friends and obviously didn't expect us waiting there. And he was positively surprised. He called the MFC "my old friends" and was very relaxed. At one point he tried to get together all the nations that were there. He was pretty good in that. And as I stood in the front he tried to guess my nationality as well but didn't know :naughty: I told him and thought that this was the first time ever I got the impression that he noticed me. Well, that sounds pathetic. Anyway, I was really happy in that moment :biggrin2: And we made him notice our "hibbeling"-shirts that happened because of a joke on twitter between Hasibobberle, RAK1, Nezza and myself. I explained the meaning of "hibbeling" and got my shirt signed in the end which was really nice :wub2: I can't wait for Mellody's video(s) to show up. Well, I hope they are focused on Mika and I'm out of the picture somehow :naughty:

When I read his tweet this morning I got really :tears: I'm really proud and thankful to be his fan. He's so good with us and I'm happy that he seems to enjoy moments like this as well :blush-anim-cl:

After Mika has left we were in a big hurry as perhonita's and my trains were leaving just a bit later. It was a huge mess but we made it to the station just in time. Therefore the good-byeing-part had to shortened which was a pitty. I hope we didn't forget anybody but if so I'm sorry for that. I hope to see you all soon anyway. I can't believe how long it's been since the last time before and probably will be until the next time :boxed:

OH wow, that M&G sounds fantastic! Poor little thing, 4am??! :roftl: I bet he doesn't get much sleep while touring but he still has amazing energy on stage. He's such a kind man to do all of these things for us, really.

Oh, I see. :doh: I hope it will happen. I also want another LICM (i.e a record full of brilliant singles that stand on their own without having to explain them, and also make sense as a concept rather than just a collection of hits) I wouldn't even mind his sound changing a bit.

Yes that would be great :wub2: I still remember how crazy I was about LICM. It would be great if the third album had the same effect.

And wow guys! Respect for waiting so long :shocked:

Sorry for the ones that just missed him and had so much trouble with the transportation :sad: (@ step)

only got home at 8.30 am this morning :aah:

The gig was amazing, i was so happy to see the set, it was wonderful and the costumes as wel :wub2:

I Loved that he played those new songs. i love them :wub2:

I would love to tell more, but i just don't know how to say it atm. I enjoyed the gig soooooo much, :wub2::wub2::wub2:

@Droopsy, i think he said he wrote HE with Ida when he was younger and that they decided to do it again for this album

But as i'm not french i could be wrong :teehee:

After the gig (as Step said) we waited for Mika with the other, but had to take the train. Aftr leaving for waiting it was like the rest of the evening was set for bad luck :lmfao:

no busses (which should've been there ever 20 minutes "toute la nuit") worst of all there was a bus, it stopped looked at us and then just drove on :shocked:

so we got back to where people were waiting for Mika and took a taxi for 4 person and got in it with 5 :roftl: we were to get there on time for train. i even fell when i had to run to trainconductor to say i still needed a ticket, got on train only to get off again, cause it got cancelled. in brussels train to ghent got delayed :aah: this is a bit of how belgian trainsystem works :aah:

But to tell you the truth, how much i would'v loved to see Mika after the gig, The gig itself was already more then worth going to that traintrouble, cause like i said IT WAS AMAZING

i tried to record the entire gig, but i'm not sure if the quality is ok, my camera fell to the ground at one point too because my hand got hit by those giant floatin balls from volkswagen :roftl:

The sound will be horrible though, but well, it's a nice memory anyway:teehee::wub2:

so in short i LOVED being there

and i wish i could see Mika again this summer:teehee:

i'm SO HAPPY i saw him perform live again:wub2::wub2::wub2:

Yes that would be great :wub2: I still remember how crazy I was about LICM. It would be great if the third album had the same effect.

And wow guys! Respect for waiting so long :shocked:

Sorry for the ones that just missed him and had so much trouble with the transportation :sad: (@ step)

and me and celien and funkycowgirl :aah:

i really didn't expect trouble with the first train , but well belgian trainsystem is just :hair::aah:

Report Part 2

When I read his tweet this morning I got really I'm really proud and thankful to be his fan. He's so good with us and I'm happy that he seems to enjoy moments like this as well :blush-anim-cl:

After Mika has left we were in a big hurry as perhonita's and my trains were leaving just a bit later. It was a huge mess but we made it to the station just in time. Therefore the good-byeing-part had to shortened which was a pitty. I hope we didn't forget anybody but if so I'm sorry for that. I hope to see you all soon anyway. I can't believe how long it's been since the last time before and probably will be until the next time

But it was a great experience, I'm really proud to know you guys and love the MFC and our Mika! :wub2:

P.s.: As my SD-card was too small for two proper gigs of taking pictures I only took a few of this one. Will check them anyway and upload if I find something shareable. But only AFTER the date with my bed.

Thanks for your report. I am delighted you got to see him especially after the disappointment of Saturday.:thumb_yello:

OH wow, that M&G sounds fantastic! Poor little thing, 4am??! :roftl: I bet he doesn't get much sleep while touring but he still has amazing energy on stage. He's such a kind man to do all of these things for us, really.

It actually looked as if thy had a bit of a party going on there - that poor little thing! :naughty:

Thanks for your report. I am delighted you got to see him especially after the disappointment of Saturday.

Thank you :huglove:

Oh i forgot to say an important thing :teehee:

i loved seeing some mfc'ers i already knew again and i loved meeting new ones, didn't meet everyone i think though, could've gone round during waiting for M&G but i was just too tired, :aah: hope to say hi to the ones of you i didn't speak to yesterday, some other day :teehee:

I'll write my report when I'm home! ;) But it was great!:wub2: I filmed the whole thing after the gig! (mika coming outside) I'll put it up when Im home!:wink2:

thanks, :) wish he'd have come out 10 or 20 minutes earlier though :roftl:

when did he exactly come out actually?:teehee:

only got home at 8.30 am this morning :aah:

The gig was amazing, i was so happy to see the set, it was wonderful and the costumes as wel ::

I Loved that he played those new songs. i love them :wub2:

I would love to tell more, but i just don't know how to say it atm. I enjoyed the gig soooooo much, :wub2:

@Droopsy, i think he said he wrote HE with Ida when he was younger and that they decided to do it again for this album

But as i'm not french i could be wrong :teehee:

After the gig (as Step said) we waited for Mika with the other, but had to take the train. Aftr leaving for waiting it was like the rest of the evening was set for bad luck :lmfao:

no busses (which should've been there ever 20 minutes "toute la nuit") worst of all there was a bus, it stopped looked at us and then just drove on :shocked:

so we got back to where people were waiting for Mika and took a taxi for 4 person and got in it with 5 :roftl: we were to get there on time for train. i even fell when i had to run to trainconductor to say i still needed a ticket, got on train only to get off again, cause it got cancelled. in brussels train to ghent got delayed :aah: this is a bit of how belgian trainsystem works :aah:

But to tell you the truth, how much i would'v loved to see Mika after the gig, The gig itself was already more then worth going to that traintrouble, cause like i said IT WAS AMAZING

Oh, that could have been it :thumb_yello:

Woow, 8.30 am pffff. Painful.

Glad you enjoyed it! :thumb_yello:

Oh, that could have been it :thumb_yello:

Woow, 8.30 am pffff. Painful.

Glad you enjoyed it! :thumb_yello:

painful indeed :roftl: and i wouldn't do that for any other artist

Mika makes me doing crazy things:teehee: but he's so more than worth it:wub2::wub2::wub2:

Archived