REPORTS/PICTURES/VIDEOS - MIKA@Liège, Belgium - Festival Les Ardentes - 10 July 2011

Blue Sky

and then after Ozark Henry it was Mika's turn.

And then the pushing began :mf_rosetinted:

I don't want to moan too much, but i do want to mention this: I was just standing there while 2 girls tried to push their ways to the front, i wasn't planning on letting them pass, so I kept standing where I stood. so they were pushing behind me. then all of a sudden a girl with her mother showed up to the right of me, they had pushed their ways to the front aswell, and apparently the girl was now planning on pushing me to the side. I couldn't move at all, and I couldn't even stand on both feet at some point, I had to push back to be able to stand straight. I even got a very nasty look of her mother at one point. Luckily she at one point finally gave up pushing me so I could stand normally again. Later on I noticed they had a number on their hands, same as the other 2 girls. So I'm wondering whether they thought they could just show up and push their ways to the front when Mika would be on, since they have "a number"???

I immediately saw Mika was going to use the painting set, when someone came walking on the stage with a roll in his hand. I couldn't be more excited :boing:

I love that set, and the way they use the lighting, and the costumes.

oh and besides, did anyone noticed the background singer? he was actually quite funny, he was making 18th century gestures all the time and bowing for everyone :naughty:

and I must say: Imma rocked that dress! I love the way see was dancing and moving around!!!

I also like the idea of the prts of the dress that can be removed, so you see the shorts under them. I thought that fitted perfectly in the whole story.

I must say I wasn't excited for the gig untill Sunday morning. and I sure wasn't as excited as I've been for the previous 2. But Mika reminded me again why I love his music. He was SO energetic! and he's learned some new dance moves :naughty:

at one point he turned around and he even lifted up his jacket and was shaking his ass :roftl:

But you could see he was having a good time, especially when he sang the Karen song (which surprised me in a good way!!!)

But really Mika was all over the place, dancing around, and like Priscilla said, he seemed flirty.

As for the songs: I've never been a great fan of Billy Brown, but I now think it is indeed time to let that out of the setlist.

About Elle me dit: I'm having a love-hate relationship with that one. I like the lyrics, I like that it sound happy and cheerful, but there's a bit too much techno sound (?) in it with the "banging" sound. (no idea if someone understands what I mean :aah:)

I think I liek blame it on the weather, not sure yet. Will need a 2nd listen before I decide

So overall I really loved it, especially the set and his energy. He's back indeed :wub2: and he seemed really pleased with the response of the crowd!!!

and I already told about the after gig thingies.

and now I'm going to continue making my bag for my trip!

Hahaha!! So true!! The crowd went nuts when he did that!

Well, they also went nuts when it looked like he was going to strip :mf_rosetinted:

:roftl:

Aaaw, too bad about the pushing :huh: I have to say I have never stood so "loose" at a gig before, no pushing and no physical contact with anyone. Just annoying about the people who are taller in front of you :teehee:

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was amazing!!!!!!!!!!

I went with Wendy (WendyMFC) to Les Ardentes. We arrived a little before 10 am. We didn't expext that there would be number at a festival. We weren't sure if it would really work out, but it did. The people with a number were let in first. We had met a nice girl and her mother in the queue and me and the girl went running to to stage for a good spot. We got front row, somewhere at the right from the middle. Good spot, only the small family where we were standing nex to weren't that nice and very pushy :sneaky2:

The most acts that performed before Mika were good, especially Puggy.

I had hoped that he would have the same theme that he had at Compiegne and he had. It looked so amazing. The comstums are beautiful, especially the dresses of Imma and Ida.

I loved the new songs. It was the first time hearing Karen and Blame It On The Weather and I really like them.

It was an amzing gig. Mika was amazing and he looked really happy. The crowed was amazing too. They loved him. :wub2:

I have filmed the three new songs. I will post my pictures later.

MIKA -Karen

MIKA - Elle Me Dit

MIKA - Blame It On The Weather

The vids are good, but the sound of the vid of Karen and Elle Me Dit isn't always that good. It has something to do with my camera, it does something automatically during recording something and when that happenen it can break up the sound. I don't really understand that. My old camera didn't do that, but that wasn't HD yet, and it wouldn't do it better than this one. I haven't figured out yet what I can do so that the sounds it right the whole time. I don't know if there's something that can be done about it. It's so annoying. But my mother has a new camera, I'm gonna try if that one makes better vids. My camera makes great pictures and the vids looks good, but the sound... :mad3:

But the sound of the vid from Blame It On The Weather is good.

Hahaha!! So true!! The crowd went nuts when he did that!

Well, they also went nuts when it looked like he was going to strip :mf_rosetinted:

:roftl:

Aaaw, too bad about the pushing :huh: I have to say I have never stood so "loose" at a gig before, no pushing and no physical contact with anyone. Just annoying about the people who are taller in front of you :teehee:

haha yes, they went crazy then aswell :lmfao:

and the pushing stopped during the gig, luckily!

Had quite a lot of space then all of a sudden :aah:

I don't want to be too unpleasant but I just have to...it's always "something" when I see Ida on stage...something that makes me feel cold and "brrrr" inside....I just saw this love song from Liege and the way she was dressed...hmmmm or undressed...she lost her skirt...and she looked really ridiculous singing this song dressed like that....she is a cold type, without energy, not sexy at all.....why dressed like that???...I wonder whose idea it was....I just can't look at her... it's not a sexy song...so I don't get this outfit....

I don't want to be too unpleasant but I just have to...it's always "something" when I see Ida on stage...something that makes me feel cold and "brrrr" inside....I just saw this love song from Liege and the way she was dressed...hmmmm or undressed...she lost her skirt...and she looked really ridiculous singing this song dressed like that....she is a cold type, without energy, not sexy at all.....why dressed like that???...I wonder whose idea it was....I just can't look at her... it's not a sexy song...so I don't get this outfit....

she wasn't meant to be dressed like that, i think it was meant that the song came earlier in the setlist, not sure

but Mika said something about it, that the girls already took of the skirts and that it didn't really fit the song

she wasn't meant to be dressed like that, i think it was meant that the song came earlier in the setlist, not sure

but Mika said something about it, that the girls already took of the skirts and that it didn't really fit the song

thank's god, there is an explanation for that...:groovy: still don't like it though....

why did they change the setlist? ...

thank you!!!

Well, everybody seems to have "his" song he doesn't want to disappear ... mine is Happy Ending, especially when Ida is along

I'm glad someone finally accepts Ida being part of Meeks' performances, as I've heard too much criticism about her operatic voice lately. She's definitely a win.

thank's god, there is an explanation for that...:groovy: still don't like it though....

why did they change the setlist? ...

thank you!!!

no clue :roftl:

i just think they did, cause mika said that the skirt shouldn't have come off for that song :teehee:

Ok time for my report

Pre-gig

I left together with my sis and Ilse in Gent. When we arrived we went to find the others, who were at the front left side of the stage. Jojotje, Rian, Maaikie, Biekje, Sylvana and Patricia were already there (sorry if I forget someone)

When we arrived King Charles was performing. I quite liked his music!

Afterwards I went to the tent with my sis to see that act, but we didn't stay that long, because we more felt like discovering all the food.

There was this long street (from the main stage to the tent) with all different sorts of food stalls. Cambodian, thai, italian,... EVERYTHING! I wanted to taste everything , but since that would have taken me years :mf_rosetinted: I just went for Thai because it came in one of those chinese food boxes like you always see on the tv! There was even a metal handle on it :naughty:

and it was soooo delicious!!!

Later on i also had a snack thingy, which was some kind of dough, they turned into this long sausagy thingies, and then they fried it and put sugar over it. Was very good aswell!

erhm, so I walked around quite a lot, and sat down on less crowded spots for several hours too. We ran from Keiziah Jones, since his bass was just too loud! Shame really, since when we were at the very end of the field, you could finally hear his music instead of only the bass, and it sounded nice!

I liked Suarez, we heard them and decided to go to the front again to see them. And all of a sudden we ended up in between a group of young girls. And if looks could kill, I would've been killed 20 times :lmfao:

I think they were mad because I wasn't screaming and clapping like crazy for Suarez as they did. It was actually quite funny since me and my sis were surrounded by them

euhm so then Puggy, only saw the last part. They were good! and i liked how they threw big balloons on the crowd. Really loved the atmosphere during Puggy!

I didn't know what to expect from Ozark Henry, but I liked it in the end. Though i must say I wasn't a fan of his outfit at all :aah:

and then after Ozark Henry it was Mika's turn.

And then the pushing began :mf_rosetinted:

I don't want to moan too much, but i do want to mention this: I was just standing there while 2 girls tried to push their ways to the front, i wasn't planning on letting them pass, so I kept standing where I stood. so they were pushing behind me. then all of a sudden a girl with her mother showed up to the right of me, they had pushed their ways to the front aswell, and apparently the girl was now planning on pushing me to the side. I couldn't move at all, and I couldn't even stand on both feet at some point, I had to push back to be able to stand straight. I even got a very nasty look of her mother at one point. Luckily she at one point finally gave up pushing me so I could stand normally again. Later on I noticed they had a number on their hands, same as the other 2 girls. So I'm wondering whether they thought they could just show up and push their ways to the front when Mika would be on, since they have "a number"???

The gig

I immediately saw Mika was going to use the painting set, when someone came walking on the stage with a roll in his hand. I couldn't be more excited :boing:

I love that set, and the way they use the lighting, and the costumes.

oh and besides, did anyone noticed the background singer? he was actually quite funny, he was making 18th century gestures all the time and bowing for everyone :naughty:

and I must say: Imma rocked that dress! I love the way see was dancing and moving around!!!

I also like the idea of the prts of the dress that can be removed, so you see the shorts under them. I thought that fitted perfectly in the whole story.

I must say I wasn't excited for the gig untill Sunday morning. and I sure wasn't as excited as I've been for the previous 2. But Mika reminded me again why I love his music. He was SO energetic! and he's learned some new dance moves :naughty:

at one point he turned around and he even lifted up his jacket and was shaking his ass :roftl:

But you could see he was having a good time, especially when he sang the Karen song (which surprised me in a good way!!!)

But really Mika was all over the place, dancing around, and like Priscilla said, he seemed flirty.

As for the songs: I've never been a great fan of Billy Brown, but I now think it is indeed time to let that out of the setlist.

About Elle me dit: I'm having a love-hate relationship with that one. I like the lyrics, I like that it sound happy and cheerful, but there's a bit too much techno sound (?) in it with the "banging" sound. (no idea if someone understands what I mean :aah:)

I think I liek blame it on the weather, not sure yet. Will need a 2nd listen before I decide

So overall I really loved it, especially the set and his energy. He's back indeed :wub2: and he seemed really pleased with the response of the crowd!!!

and I already told about the after gig thingies.

and now I'm going to continue making my bag for my trip!

Lovely Report:wub2:

Wow...I was really blown away by last nights performance :wub2:

The stage...the clothes...all very beautiful :wub2:

Mika was very handsome in that beautiful white coat with the golden striping...:wub2:

I really love the new songs...Blame It On The Weather got me in :tears: to be honest...

When my husband and I arrived at the festival we joined our 'new' friends in front of the stage...

I was very happy to meet some lovely people who I am talking to on MFC for a while now...but have never seen in real life :biggrin2:

It was a pleasure to meet you all and for the future...I already know we will meet again at the next gig we can attend :wink2:

Hope it will be soooooon!

As for the m&g...I am so sad...we have been waiting for quite some time... but real life was calling me...

So...we left just a bit too early since Mika came out to the fans few minutes later :tears:

Anyway...I am still on a high today!! Loved it all!! :wub2:

(although only 4 hours of sleep is getting to me at this moment :naughty:)

I don't have any pics of the gig itself (camera sucks) but I do have a nice one with all the MFC-ers we came across in front of the stage...

Hope nobody minds me posting it here...(if you do just tell me and I will delete it)

DSC01667.jpg

Just one last note: On the pic is a very dear friend of mine missing...hope we will have a chance on getting a gig together one day :wink2:

may I say I love this pic??

Why do we live so far from each others??? :tears:

good question :tears:

i did meet a girl from mfc from russia i talk to a lot in the mad teaparty thread yesterday, she's also on the pic :)

Wow...I was really blown away by last nights performance :wub2:

The stage...the clothes...all very beautiful :wub2:

Mika was very handsome in that beautiful white coat with the golden striping...:wub2:

I really love the new songs...Blame It On The Weather got me in :tears: to be honest...

When my husband and I arrived at the festival we joined our 'new' friends in front of the stage...

I was very happy to meet some lovely people who I am talking to on MFC for a while now...but have never seen in real life :biggrin2:

It was a pleasure to meet you all and for the future...I already know we will meet again at the next gig we can attend :wink2:

Hope it will be soooooon!

As for the m&g...I am so sad...we have been waiting for quite some time... but real life was calling me...

So...we left just a bit too early since Mika came out to the fans few minutes later :tears:

Anyway...I am still on a high today!! Loved it all!! : wub2:

(although only 4 hours of sleep is getting to me at this moment : naughty:)

I don't have any pics of the gig itself (camera sucks) but I do have a nice one with all the MFC-ers we came across in front of the stage...

Hope nobody minds me posting it here...(if you do just tell me and I will delete it)

DSC01667.jpg

Just one last note: On the pic is a very dear friend of mine missing...hope we will have a chance on getting a gig together one day : wink2:

Cola:yay: Sorry just had to!

You all look very pretty:fangurl:

:wub2:

I would remove/replace Ida and the violin players cause they looked like dead fish (sorry). Oh How much I adore Imma on stage!!!!!!!!!! she feels what's going on

(I guess there are people like that at every court....but....)

Archived