REPORTS/PICTURES/VIDEOS - MIKA@Liège, Belgium - Festival Les Ardentes - 10 July 2011

Blue Sky

Thank you all for your reports and these awesome pictures, too.

Has anyone recorded Blame it On the Weather, btw?

I'd like to listen to a new version of it if possible.:teehee:

Well look at this, celien just uploaded this video, it's as if she knew you asked for it :naughty:

BIOTW by Celien

[YOUTUBE]_94FsF60S_I[/YOUTUBE]

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well look at this, celien just uploaded this video, it's as if she knew you asked for it :naughty:

BIOTW by Celien

Wot happened to the girls skirts? Shrunk on hot water?:teehee:

Hilarious when Mika "checks" Ida at 0:33...:roftl:

:roftl:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRSWO3jR0sAp1Ac-5zou62-VCTm1ZLtBBx0jsj_9ie0_fZlGgN&t=1

Thank you. :flowers2:

hmmm

This one is more in tune but a lot cheesier, I am afraid :roftl:

Very good recording though. :original:

Hilarious when Mika "checks" Ida at 0:33...:roftl:

yes, that, too :lmfao:

He really looks as if he meant what he was singing about. Veeeery theatrical. :roftl:

True that, but I don't want him to ever stop singing Billy Brown :mf_rosetinted:. EVER :cheerful_h4h:. I am glad you had a fun time!

PS, was there any M&G though?

Well, everybody seems to have "his" song he doesn't want to disappear ... mine is Happy Ending, especially when Ida is along

BIOTW by Celien

haha you're so fast :teehee: I didn't even had the time to post it on MFC myself! :naughty:

Wish I could go back to yesterday! :wub2: had such a wonderful time seeing all those mfc'ers and Mika back :wub2:

awwwwwwww my 2 sweeties!!!!!!!!!!

:huglove:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how i wish i was there:wub2:

aw... step,ilse,jojotje... :tears: Sure there are more people I know there, but this three faces are familiars!! :aah:

I´m very happy you had a great time altogether!!!!!

And more for the dutch speaking fans :)..

http://www.livexs.nl/2011/frontpage/24604/les-ardentes-2011-dag-4-mika-verzorgt-een-zomerdag-om-te-koesteren/

En dan is het wachten op Mika die deze zachte zomerdag mag afsluiten. Hij wint alvast de prijs van het origineelste decor want het podium is volledig omgebouwd tot een achttiende eeuws adellijk paleis getooid met talloze replica’s van bekende kunstwerken. De weelderige lusters maken het geheel nog iets absurder. Even later blijkt dat ook alle groepsleden de typische klederdracht én pruiken uit die tijd dragen. The show must go on! Maar Mika steelt die show gelukkig eveneens met zijn vocale prestaties. Hij komt bijzonder scherp en gevat uit de hoek en speelt zowat al zijn hits, aangezien hij midden in de opnamesessies van zijn derde studioalbum The Origin Of Love zit. Daaruit brengt hij o.a. Bar 82 dat hij volledig in het Frans zingt, een taal die hij overigens bijzonder goed beheerst. Op een bepaald moment moeten we even aan de flair van Prince denken, alhoewel ‘his Purple Goddess’ natuurlijk nog wel een aantal treden hoger op de superstar-ladder staat. Maar wat Mika hier toont, getuigt zonder twijfel van grote klasse. Les Ardentes haalde hem exclusief naar België en daar mag promotor Fabrice Lamproye best fier op zijn. De voorbereidingen van editie 2012 mogen trouwens starten… Tekst Ruud Van De Locht; Foto’s Patsie Borgers

A free translation:

And then we have to wait for Mika, he is the final act of this summer day. Even before the show starts, he already won the prize for the most original stage setting. The stage is fully converted into an eighteenth-century noble palace, adorned with countless replicas of famous artworks. The lush chandeliers make the whole setting absurd (in a positive way).

A moment later it appears that all the band members fit in too, they wear the typical costumes and wigs.

The show must go on! In the middle of this entourage, Mika also steals the show with his vocal performances. He is very witty and plays almost all of his hits, considering the fact that he is recording his third studio album ‘The Origin Of Love’ (don’t know exactly what they mean with this sentence). It does include ‘Bar 82’ a song he sings entirely in French, a language he speaks extremely well.

At some point we have to think of the flair of Prince, even though Prince is a few steps higher on the ladder of superstars. Without doubt, Mika gives a performance of great order. Les Ardentes took him exclusively to Belgium, the promoter may be very proud of this.

For the Dutch speaking people:

http://www.concertnews.be/recensietonen.php?id=1150&kop=%20Mika%20|%20Les%20Ardentes%202011%20

An imo very realistic and fair review. Not overly positive, but realistic.

I don't know where this reporter was standing, but I had the feeling that the crowd was partying from the beginning...

I just want to say it was great, as always. I'm not a fan of elle me dit, but I really loved blame it on the weather! It just... surprised me! I mean in a positive way =)

I was very worried about the new songs! But I liked 'Elle me dit' loads more live and the other new songs really won me over. I was so relieved that I really really really liked them! :teehee:

To me it was awesome gig! And it had been to long!

Also I believe in my heart that Mika will change his mind and will come back to Belgium some time this year!! :)

We arrived at the festival quite late (9.30 pm) because some guy of the festival showed us the wrong way to the entrance and we had to walk 30 min more :aah:

Me and my friend Emma tried to get to the stage as close as possible but since we arrived so late, we couldn't get to the front row. I saw heart shaped balloons like 10 meters in front of me so I knew there were MFCers there. I didn't meet any MFCers (maybe that's a good thing because I'm quite shy when I meet new people :teehee: )

When I knew he would almost come on stage I totally freaked out, I was nervous and happy at the same time. But when I heard the first notes of relax I just started jumping and singing like crazy!

The girl in front of me looked at me and smiled like "omg you're so obsessed" :aah:.

About the new songs, I loved 'elle me dit' ! I loved that song from the moment I heard it and there's so much energy in the song!

I think, personally, blame it on the weather was a bit soppy. But maybe he'll do something original with it. And if he doesn't, that's okay. I like the song but it doens't feel Mika-ish to me. I don't have to like everything he does, sings or writes :teehee: .

I like Karine though, like the story that goes with it :) .

I really loved the stage and the costumes but I hope that, after this little summer tour, he goes back to the old stuff :teehee: I liked his clothes more than the old ones (he looked handsome in the costume, like a prince:teehee:) but I missed the big girls, lollipop girls, the flowers and everything ...

The whole show was really amazing! There was a great vibe and you could see Mika was back after being so long in the studio, recording :teehee: I loved it! :wub2:

I don't know where this reporter was standing, but I had the feeling that the crowd was partying from the beginning...

I was very worried about the new songs! But I liked 'Elle me dit' loads more live and the other new songs really won me over. I was so relieved that I really really really liked them! :teehee:

To me it was awesome gig! And it had been to long!

Also I believe in my heart that Mika will change his mind and will come back to Belgium some time this year!! :)

I def get what he means. I was standing somewhere at the front but not in the first ten rows. Everyone was hyper when he came on and before but it slowed down. During rain it "exploded", that's when it actually started imo.

Ok time for my report

Pre-gig

I left together with my sis and Ilse in Gent. When we arrived we went to find the others, who were at the front left side of the stage. Jojotje, Rian, Maaikie, Biekje, Sylvana and Patricia were already there (sorry if I forget someone)

When we arrived King Charles was performing. I quite liked his music!

Afterwards I went to the tent with my sis to see that act, but we didn't stay that long, because we more felt like discovering all the food.

There was this long street (from the main stage to the tent) with all different sorts of food stalls. Cambodian, thai, italian,... EVERYTHING! I wanted to taste everything , but since that would have taken me years :mf_rosetinted: I just went for Thai because it came in one of those chinese food boxes like you always see on the tv! There was even a metal handle on it :naughty:

and it was soooo delicious!!!

Later on i also had a snack thingy, which was some kind of dough, they turned into this long sausagy thingies, and then they fried it and put sugar over it. Was very good aswell!

erhm, so I walked around quite a lot, and sat down on less crowded spots for several hours too. We ran from Keiziah Jones, since his bass was just too loud! Shame really, since when we were at the very end of the field, you could finally hear his music instead of only the bass, and it sounded nice!

I liked Suarez, we heard them and decided to go to the front again to see them. And all of a sudden we ended up in between a group of young girls. And if looks could kill, I would've been killed 20 times :lmfao:

I think they were mad because I wasn't screaming and clapping like crazy for Suarez as they did. It was actually quite funny since me and my sis were surrounded by them :lmfao:

euhm so then Puggy, only saw the last part. They were good! and i liked how they threw big balloons on the crowd. Really loved the atmosphere during Puggy!

I didn't know what to expect from Ozark Henry, but I liked it in the end. Though i must say I wasn't a fan of his outfit at all :aah:

and then after Ozark Henry it was Mika's turn.

And then the pushing began :mf_rosetinted:

I don't want to moan too much, but i do want to mention this: I was just standing there while 2 girls tried to push their ways to the front, i wasn't planning on letting them pass, so I kept standing where I stood. so they were pushing behind me. then all of a sudden a girl with her mother showed up to the right of me, they had pushed their ways to the front aswell, and apparently the girl was now planning on pushing me to the side. I couldn't move at all, and I couldn't even stand on both feet at some point, I had to push back to be able to stand straight. I even got a very nasty look of her mother at one point. Luckily she at one point finally gave up pushing me so I could stand normally again. Later on I noticed they had a number on their hands, same as the other 2 girls. So I'm wondering whether they thought they could just show up and push their ways to the front when Mika would be on, since they have "a number"???

The gig

I immediately saw Mika was going to use the painting set, when someone came walking on the stage with a roll in his hand. I couldn't be more excited :boing:

I love that set, and the way they use the lighting, and the costumes.

oh and besides, did anyone noticed the background singer? he was actually quite funny, he was making 18th century gestures all the time and bowing for everyone :naughty:

and I must say: Imma rocked that dress! I love the way see was dancing and moving around!!!

I also like the idea of the prts of the dress that can be removed, so you see the shorts under them. I thought that fitted perfectly in the whole story.

I must say I wasn't excited for the gig untill Sunday morning. and I sure wasn't as excited as I've been for the previous 2. But Mika reminded me again why I love his music. He was SO energetic! and he's learned some new dance moves :naughty:

at one point he turned around and he even lifted up his jacket and was shaking his ass :roftl:

But you could see he was having a good time, especially when he sang the Karen song (which surprised me in a good way!!!)

But really Mika was all over the place, dancing around, and like Priscilla said, he seemed flirty.

As for the songs: I've never been a great fan of Billy Brown, but I now think it is indeed time to let that out of the setlist.

About Elle me dit: I'm having a love-hate relationship with that one. I like the lyrics, I like that it sound happy and cheerful, but there's a bit too much techno sound (?) in it with the "banging" sound. (no idea if someone understands what I mean :aah:)

I think I liek blame it on the weather, not sure yet. Will need a 2nd listen before I decide

So overall I really loved it, especially the set and his energy. He's back indeed :wub2: and he seemed really pleased with the response of the crowd!!!

and I already told about the after gig thingies.

and now I'm going to continue making my bag for my trip!

A free translation:

And then we have to wait for Mika, he is the final act of this summer day. Even before the show starts, he already won the prize for the most original stage setting. The stage is fully converted into an eighteenth-century noble palace, adorned with countless replicas of famous artworks. The lush chandeliers make the whole setting absurd (in a positive way).

A moment later it appears that all the band members fit in too, they wear the typical costumes and wigs.

The show must go on! In the middle of this entourage, Mika also steals the show with his vocal performances. He is very witty and plays almost all of his hits, considering the fact that he is recording his third studio album ‘The Origin Of Love’ (don’t know exactly what they mean with this sentence). It does include ‘Bar 82’ a song he sings entirely in French, a language he speaks extremely well.

At some point we have to think of the flair of Prince, even though Prince is a few steps higher on the ladder of superstars. Without doubt, Mika gives a performance of great order. Les Ardentes took him exclusively to Belgium, the promoter may be very proud of this.

Oooh thank youuu hahaha :).

A free translation:

Thank you! :biggrin2:

Archived