Foster The People Thread

vanessa

Does anyone here like their hit single Pumped up kicks or their music ?I've been obsessed with this single since last year when the song wasn't even on the radios !

For those who don't know what the song is about here is the explanation from the lead singer, Mark Foster :"Pumped Up Kicks' is about a kid that basically is losing his mind and is plotting revenge. He's an outcast. I feel like the youth in our culture are becoming more and more isolated. It's kind of an epidemic. Instead of writing about victims and some tragedy, I wanted to get into the killer's mind, like Truman Capote did in In Cold Blood. I love to write about characters. That's my style. I really like to get inside the heads of other people and try to walk in their shoes."

I really recommend their album 'Torches'.It's such an amazing pop record.:thumb_yello:

I remember Greg Wells twitting how much he enjoys the album.

http://twitter.com/#!/greg_wells/status/92472237831102464

My favorite songs are 'Call it what you want'

And 'Waste '

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's some really great music! Thanks for posting this and doing some explanation.

I think I even saw some tweet by George Michael about Foster the People but I thought it was some kind of charity and didn't even click on the link.

Edited by suzie

That's some really great music! Thanks for posting this and doing some explanation.

I think I even saw some tweet by George Michael about Foster the People but I thought it was some kind of charity and didn't even click on the link.

Pumped up kicks is the only song produced by Mark Foster and he played all the instruments by himself .

Speaking of charity they first played for charities when they formed the band in October 2009 and they love helping people that's why they named the band Foster the people :biggrin2:

I'm gonna post 2 interesting articles

‘Call It What You Want’ for me is just about people trying to put my music in a box. I like to write in different genres, and I like to make what I like to make. It’s the aggravation of people labeling it this or that, drilling me on my style. My attitude is just like, you know, call it what you want. It is what is. Why do we need to put a label on it?”

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2011/07/best-of-whats-next-foster-the-people.html

and http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2011/06/07/curiocity-interview-with-mark-foster-of-foster-the-people/

‘Call It What You Want’ for me is just about people trying to put my music in a box. I like to write in different genres, and I like to make what I like to make. It’s the aggravation of people labeling it this or that, drilling me on my style. My attitude is just like, you know, call it what you want. It is what is. Why do we need to put a label on it?”

I could be brown, I could be blue...:fisch:

:teehee:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Lovelovelove "Torches"! Been listening to it for the past few months, it's awesome. I like a lot of songs from it, but I'm not obsessed with this band or something, I couldn't even tell member's names if somebody would ask me :teehee: Anyways, my favourites are "Helena Beat", "Pumped Up Kicks", "Waste", "Miss You" and "Warant" :swoon: ("Miss You" is my absolute favourite song of them, hehe)

My friend and I saw them live back in November and they were sooooooooooooooo much fun! Easily one of my Top 3 favourite gigs of 2011. :biggrin2:

Mark Foster even mentioned how much he was looking forward to playing in Ireland again after their appearance at 'Electric Picnic' last summer. :wub2:

• 6 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The soundtracks for Frankenweenie are out, and Mark Foster sings the track

“Polartropic (You Don’t Understand Me)” (thanks to @vanessa for tweeting the video of it)

[YOUTUBE]WkPMERdVcpE&feature=share[/YOUTUBE]

Here's the full list:

“Strange Love” – Karen O

“Electric Heart (Stay Forever)” – Neon Trees

“Polartropic (You Don’t Understand Me)” – Mark Foster

“Almost There” – Passion Pit

“Pet Sematary” – Plain White T’s

“With My Hands – Kimbra

“Everybody’s Got a Secret” – AWOLNATION

“Immortal” – Kerli

“My Mechanical Friend” – Grace Potter featuring The Flaming Lips

“Lost Cause” – Imagine Dragons

“Underground” – Grouplove

“Building a Monster” – Skylar Grey

“Witchcraft” – Robert Smith

“Praise Be New Holland” – Winona Ryder

Source: http://collider.com/frankenweenie-soundtrack-karen-o/188037/

• 1 month later...
The soundtracks for Frankenweenie are out, and Mark Foster sings the track

“Polartropic (You Don’t Understand Me)” (thanks to @vanessa for tweeting the video of it)

[YOUTUBE]WkPMERdVcpE&feature=share[/YOUTUBE]

Here's the full list:

“Strange Love” – Karen O

“Electric Heart (Stay Forever)” – Neon Trees

“Polartropic (You Don’t Understand Me)” – Mark Foster

“Almost There” – Passion Pit

“Pet Sematary” – Plain White T’s

“With My Hands – Kimbra

“Everybody’s Got a Secret” – AWOLNATION

“Immortal” – Kerli

“My Mechanical Friend” – Grace Potter featuring The Flaming Lips

“Lost Cause” – Imagine Dragons