REPORTS/PICTURES/VIDEOS - 미카 MIKA @ Olympic Hall, Seoul, SOUTH KOREA - 20-SEPT-2011

Blue Sky

:furious:

Oh my....this it the scene that I heard from the tons of Korean mika fans outside...... :hair:

No.. No Korean mika fans, includes MIKAHOLIX and Korean mfcers didn't have any kind of priority like this, unlike those japanese girls had in Korea.

Well, actually... when I came outside from backstage fanmeeting with Mika, I met hundreds of Korean mika fans outside...they moaned to me like 'Quite a lot of Japanese went to the backstage, like they are some kind of VIP to Mika'. I asked Tomomi about any japanese fan priority exists or not, but she had no idea about this. And I found out that, those Japanese girls sneaked into the stage, bribing someone on Team Mika before the show :shocked:

As a Korean fan club admin, I felt really...really deprived about that. How could this be happen in Korea? No Korean mfcers, mika fans who devoted their time and money couldn't dare think that kind of priority at all... is it common in Europe, to let 'foreign country fans' get into the backstage like that, without contribute something for the show???? prior to domestic fans?? :shocked:

what is worse is, it happened in Seoul last year too. I thought they could be someone from music label, but now I found out that they are not.

Feel so sorry for other Korean fans...... Was I idiot, not to ask TM about any fanclub priority like that? bribing nothing? :shocked::shocked:

it would happen every year.....damn.......what should I do????????

Yuna, this doesn't seem fair at all. It may be that the Japanese girls have a reasonable explanation, but I can't believe that you could "bribe" Team Mika.

Maybe I can find out more from Sumiko :dunno:

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my....this it the scene that I heard from the tons of Korean mika fans outside...... :hair:

No.. No Korean mika fans, includes MIKAHOLIX and Korean mfcers didn't have any kind of priority like this, unlike those japanese girls had in Korea.

Well, actually... when I came outside from backstage fanmeeting with Mika, I met hundreds of Korean mika fans outside...they moaned to me like 'Quite a lot of Japanese went to the backstage, like they are some kind of VIP to Mika'. I asked Tomomi about any japanese fan priority exists or not, but she had no idea about this. And I found out that, those Japanese girls sneaked into the stage, bribing someone on Team Mika before the show :shocked:

As a Korean fan club admin, I felt really...really deprived about that. How could this be happen in Korea? No Korean mfcers, mika fans who devoted their time and money couldn't dare think that kind of priority at all... is it common in Europe, to let 'foreign country fans' get into the backstage like that, without contribute something for the show???? prior to domestic fans?? :shocked:

what is worse is, it happened in Seoul last year too. I thought they could be someone from music label, but now I found out that they are not.

Feel so sorry for other Korean fans...... Was I idiot, not to ask TM about any fanclub priority like that? bribing nothing? :shocked::shocked:

:boxed:

So sorry to hear that! I admit, if that had happened in my country, I would've been mad too, honestly. :boxed:

Something like that happened in switzerland last year, the German FC met Mika, but it was to give him a present, and it was all arranged with John. :dunno:

This time it seems like the Hyundai people may have had something to do with the M&G, no? :dunno:

Anyway, it must be extremely frustrating. I know Mika didn't play in Japan, and they obvioulsy wanted to go see him and meet him, but not giving that chance to the Korean FC, who organized such a FANTASTIC surprise for him, it's weird, to say the least.

For example, when we organized the golden hearts thing in Lisbon, the promoter (who helped us a lot) offered a M&G to 4 people. But they warned us that the M&G could only be for 4 people, because there were already many people (competition winners) to go backstage, and it was impossible to add 10 or 15 people more. :huh: But they gave the chance to the Portuguese FC, not to anyone else.

Fisrt of all, I really respect you/ your troubles for Korea fans of Mika.

I'm curious abt that the situation is unsual/unfair.

I was there where Japanese fans were waiting for Mika's meeting. But I just thought I need to go to Japan when the gig is held in Japan to take a chance like Japanese. Am I a dork?? LOL

[YOUTUBE]msZ7IXcrSRU[/YOUTUBE]

I hope this has not posted yet :biggrin2:

uploaded by sponser Hyundai card!

such a beautiful performance:wub2: the way he sings, especially at the end of the song, is super amazing!!!

hope they post more vids from the secret gig:biggrin2:

Hello. Thank you for your reports! I've been enjoying reading them.

I'm on vacation at the moment, and didn't have proper Internet, but now I do so I thought I'd comment.

May I just say that I'm always impressed by how all the Korean fans come together to prepare surprises for Mika. He is one lucky fella!! And I imagine the process must strengthen the bond between the fans.

I'm sorry to hear about what happened after the show. I hope the Korean fans will get a proper Meet and greet the next time he's in town.

such a beautiful performance:wub2: the way he sings, especially at the end of the song, is super amazing!!!

hope they post more vids from the secret gig:biggrin2:

Is there an MP3 available of this performance? It is one of his best, I think :wub2:

Unfortunately, though I’m perfectly sure that they must know the atmosphere of Korean fanclub, I couldn’t hear any reasonable explanation from them. It’s a pity.

I opened the issue on our Korean forum, asking ppl to inform anything they spotted about them. Korean fan’s reaction is simply sensational so I got literally hundreds of replies and private messages just for few days. Hundreds of witness had inform us what they did before the backstage invasion. Especially funny when heard that those 14 are parted two and half went to the front door and other half went to backdoor. 14 ppl is apparently too optrusive to go altogether :lmfao:

Even the main sponsor Hyundai card, even if I never asked them about them, officially explained that they were not informed, not related to this unexpected privilege.

If there were just few ppl from abroad, or they were someone who are from the any place Mika rarely visit, I’ won’t be that mad like this. Anyone could have chance in Korea, if they have specific reason or fairly compete with other fans. But, as far as I know, they 14 ppl already had dozens of pics they had taken with Mika in their camera, so could assume that they are seeking for this kind of privilege ALL THE TIME, ALL over the world. What is worse, there were some Japanese who was in the backstage without any competition like this LAST YEAR too. As a leader of Korean fanclub, I can’t pass over this unfair situation. If I ignore this once more, it would happen in Korea EVERY YEAR. I’ll do everything I can do, for ppl who trust the leaders (aka ‘da boss’ , as Mika said :mf_rosetinted:) all the time and join us to make some kind of magic altogether without expecting some kind of rewards.

We won’t exaggerate this problem more , because it may stress Mika or someone who work with him. Thank you for all the girls, who sent us sweet message for a week. Especially my Japanese pals.

Unfortunately, though I’m perfectly sure that they must know the atmosphere of Korean fanclub, I couldn’t hear any reasonable explanation from them. It’s a pity.

I opened the issue on our Korean forum, asking ppl to inform anything they spotted about them. Korean fan’s reaction is simply sensational so I got literally hundreds of replies and private messages just for few days. Hundreds of witness had inform us what they did before the backstage invasion. Especially funny when heard that those 14 are parted two and half went to the front door and other half went to backdoor. 14 ppl is apparently too optrusive to go altogether :lmfao:

Even the main sponsor Hyundai card, even if I never asked them about them, officially explained that they were not informed, not related to this unexpected privilege.

If there were just few ppl from abroad, or they were someone who are from the any place Mika rarely visit, I’ won’t be that mad like this. Anyone could have chance in Korea, if they have specific reason or fairly compete with other fans. But, as far as I know, they 14 ppl already had dozens of pics they had taken with Mika in their camera, so could assume that they are seeking for this kind of privilege ALL THE TIME, ALL over the world. What is worse, there were some Japanese who was in the backstage without any competition like this LAST YEAR too. As a leader of Korean fanclub, I can’t pass over this unfair situation. If I ignore this once more, it would happen in Korea EVERY YEAR. I’ll do everything I can do, for ppl who trust the leaders (aka ‘da boss’ , as Mika said :mf_rosetinted:) all the time and join us to make some kind of magic altogether without expecting some kind of rewards.

We won’t exaggerate this problem more , because it may stress Mika or someone who work with him. Thank you for all the girls, who sent us sweet message for a week. Especially my Japanese pals.

I don't really understand this situation. Are you saying that Hyundai didn't know about this or authorize it?

Surely there were no literal bribes happening? They used a relationship or the pretense of a relationship to get in?

Sorry maybe this isn't appropriate to discuss here, but I am curious. There are always going to be individuals and groups that have relationships that they can use in situations like this so I think all you can do is push for as many of your own people to be included in the M&G as possible.

I am bothered if someone attempts to use "MFC" as a way to get something for themselves and exclude others, but there's nothing I can do about people going ahead on their own. I mean everyone backstage has gotten there through some connection or another unless they just happened to win a random contest.

Anyway I'm sorry that more Korean fans didn't get to spend time with Mika because obviously a lot of work went into this :(

I don't really understand this situation. Are you saying that Hyundai didn't know about this or authorize it?

Surely there were no literal bribes happening? They used a relationship or the pretense of a relationship to get in?

Sorry maybe this isn't appropriate to discuss here, but I am curious. There are always going to be individuals and groups that have relationships that they can use in situations like this so I think all you can do is push for as many of your own people to be included in the M&G as possible.

I am bothered if someone attempts to use "MFC" as a way to get something for themselves and exclude others, but there's nothing I can do about people going ahead on their own. I mean everyone backstage has gotten there through some connection or another unless they just happened to win a random contest.

Anyway I'm sorry that more Korean fans didn't get to spend time with Mika because obviously a lot of work went into this :(

I think it's not appropriate to explain here. If so, I gotta name the specific japanese who are involved and name the specific member of TM crew for this and the witnesses who inform us a lot about this. I don't want to do that here.

But I can make it sure that we NEVER use the name of 'MFC' to exclude others, if not the case MFC mods say 'MFC Exclusive'. If we do this, how could we have encoraged ALL the audience to join our fan project every year? We work as a name of MIKAHOLIX mods, but never exclude non-MIX members when talking about m&g competition or other previledges (secret gig at HotP, for example).

MIKA’s show on Sep. 20 was really awesome!

First and foremost, I want to thank Ms. Yuna and South Korean fans who made the show even more amazing.

It was thrilling to see your wonderful “surprises”!

I certainly didn't see that coming! So THANK YOU for the great plan and carrying it out so perfectly.

So, I am saddened to see that there is a bit of dispute going on re. after-show M&G.

I am one of those Japanese fan who is in the photograph.

And unfortunately, there seems to be some misunderstandings about what actually happened.

Let me first clarify the following;

1. We did NOT bribe anybody.

2. We did NOT take any pictures with our cameras. (or cell phones or any other picture taking devices) 

3. We did NOT get any autographs from MIKA.

I swear to God! I even swear to MIKA that that's the fact!

We only wanted to give MIKA a fan’s appreciation album.

It was a collection of signatures, messages, and fan-art which we put together with a large number of fellow Japanese MIKA fans, including those who couldn’t make it on that day.

On the 20th before the show, while waiting for MIKA at the stage door of the Olympic Hall, we met some of the staff, and also MIKA’s mom.

We showed her the album and asked her if she could give it to MIKA.

But then she said “you can meet MIKA and give it to him in person after the show!”

So we were lucky, VERY lucky!!

We came all the way from Japan. MIKA and MIKA’s mom really appreciated the fact that so many of us showed up in South Korea. It was only upon the invitation of MIKA and MIKA’s mom were we allowed to get in; we did NOT sneak in, nor did we just barge in without any permissions.

I sincerely hope this clarifies any misunderstandings.

Thank you.

안녕하십니까, 여러분!

9 월 20 일 미카씨 공연 너무 훌륭했지요!

먼저 Yuna 씨, 그리고 공연을 띄워준 한국 팬분들께 감사를 드리고 싶네요.

멋진 서프라이즈 매우 감동했습니다.

그것은 저의 기대 이상 좋았어요!

대단한 개획을 실행해 주셔서 정말로 감사합니다.

그런데, 저는 이번 소동을 매우 유감스럽게 생각합니다.

실제로, 저는 이 사진에 실린 한 사람 입니다.

유감스럽게도, 다소 오해가 있었던 것 같습니다.

여기에서 수정을 하고 싶습니다.

1. 저희는, 뇌물을 건네지 않았습니다.

2. 저희는, 자기 자신의 카메라로 사진을 찍지 않았습니다.

3. 저희는, 누구도 MIKA씨로부터 싸인을 받지 않았습니다.

하늘에 대고 맹세합니다. 아니MIKA씨에 대고 단언합니다!

이번에, 저희는MIKA씨에게 앨범을 건네주고 싶었습니다.

그 앨범은, 일본의 많은 팬들로부터 모은 MIKA씨에 대한 서명, 메세지, 사진입니다.

이번 공연에 오지 못한 다른 분들로부터의 메세지도 적혀 있습니다.

20일.

올림픽 홀의 뒷문에서 공연 전에 MIKA 씨를 기다리는 동안, 저는 MIKA 씨의 스탭 그리고 MIKA 씨의

어머니를 만났습니다.

또, 저는 앨범을 어머니께 보이면서 이렇게 물었습니다. “MIKA 씨에게 이 앨범을 전해 주시지

않겠습니까?”라고.

그러자 MIKA씨 어머니는 “어머, 공연 후에 MIKA씨를 만나서 직접 전하면 되겠네!”라고 하셨습니다.

네, 저희는 너무 운이 좋았어요!!!

저희는, 일본 멀리서부터 왔습니다.

MIKA씨하고 MIKA씨 어머니는 많은 팬이 일본에서 왔다는 것을 기뻐하고 계셨습니다.

이 상황은 MIKA씨측으로부터의 초대에 의해서 실현되었습니다.

부디, 오해를 풀어 주세요.

I'd much rather talk about how amazing the show was or how much I love MIKA's songs and his smile with you guys though : )

Thanks Yuna. I know you are not abusing MFC or the Mikaholix name, just that some others might and that's when I feel that we (or you in the case of Mikaholix) need to step in.

But if you've got rogue fans, whether they are Japanese or Korean or from somewhere else, it's a lot more difficult to deal with. This is going on everywhere all the time and these people may or may not be involved in the online community.

I know someone who has been around for years who has gotten special access to Mika through a variety of sources and I know someone who never has any contact with other Mika fans who can also get backstage.

I'm not saying you have to like it of course and some situations are more offensive than others but sometimes there's not much you can do about it unless you are prepared to name and shame. (Although often people have no shame in these situations so even that doesn't work. :aah:)

Thank you for the first proper explanation about this situation, emu.

And I'd like to ask you to answer something.

1. We did NOT bribe anybody. - I heard from the various source that some of you guys met TM's road manager at the venue and you guys or someone in your crew have had close connection with him. is it true or not? If needed, I can name the japanese in your crew who mentioned this. by pm, in this part.

2. We did NOT take any pictures with our cameras. (or cell phones or any other picture taking devices) - Non of Korean fans, who did FAIRLY won the competition could do this. Just Hyundaicard, the sponsor took the pic. They took you guys pic also, as you know.

But a Korean fan said that someone in your crew showed up dozens of pics with Mika that they had in her camera. HOW did you do this so far? Could you, or someone in your crew meet Mika in person, everytime you see the concert? of course I can give more info by pm, to protect the informant.

3. We did NOT get any autographs from MIKA. - We could spot someone are get their stuff signed on the Hyundaicard blog pic. Aren't they someone in your crew? apparently not the competition winners. Anyways we don't care this part . Mika signed for literally hundreds of ppl, maybe more than 200 I guess, at the parking lot. We just want to talk about 'seeing Mika in person in special place, with special chance without competition.'

4. Did you 14 girls are divided two, to get in the backstage? Lots of ppl says that 5 or more japanese were at the front door where other competition winners waiting at, and other 5 more were at the backdoor near the parking lot. Those two japanese group used different entrance, I was informed.

1773AE474E81801D2490D2

And, I'd like to explain why we got mad when seeing this. more properly. cuz you're the counterpart of this situation.

In Korea, fans who go to the concert have kind of tacit rules, more 'fan manner' or 'etiquette' , I gotta say.

When someone bring gift for Mika, we fanclub leaders gather all in front of the venue before the show, and ask the promotor to take all this into the backstage. We leaders had asked by organizers or promotors to take all into the backstage by leader's hands, but we never take that 'chance'. Because we think it's not fair to use our 'position' to seek something special.

And we'd made that kind of message book last year, took a lot of work to gather fan messages and artworks and edit all. And leaders gave this to Mika at the impromptu parking lot m&g. Because we thought it's fair , expecially for other fans.

It maybe sounds nothing, but because of that, the whole audience can respect each other and fully trust the leaders. Our surprise, or event, or magic is based on this. If someone break the rule, all would be mess. Ppl would madly seeking for 'their own privilege'...even lurking around the hotel he stays, to get what they want. Seeing your post, I'm so worried about the thing that literally HUNDREDS of fans are waiting in front of the venue with their own gifts, looking for Mama P or other crew who seems like have 'power' to let them in. It may happen from next year.

If you guys enjoyed the 'fan's part' with us in Seoul, please remember that it took hundreds of ppls effort to make it come true. and most of them never see Mika's hair in her eyes, never took front row. Please understand how they could feel badly deprived when seeing 'Japanese fans, who never made 'just one bogg roll' are going to backstage in front of all of them.

And, please avoid saying any insult words on you guys twitter. we can spot it. The reason that Korean Mika fans are consist of young teenage - twenties girl is not because of the old-minded Korean husbands. If you are not the one who mentioned this, please inform others who posted that.

Thank you.

1. We did NOT bribe anybody. - I heard from the various source that some of you guys met TM's road manager at the venue and you guys or someone in your crew have had close connection with him. is it true or not? If needed, I can name the japanese in your crew who mentioned this. by pm, in this part.

Yuna I don't want to get involved in any of this but I am concerned about the use of the word "bribe". Are you sure this is what you mean? That someone from TM took something from the fans in exchange for being allowed backstage? Because the common understanding of this in English would mean that they took money or something. That's how you bribe people, with something valuable, especially cash.

If that's not what you mean I think you should clarify because it paints TM in a very bad light.

I have heard John use almost the exact same words that Emu says Mrs Penniman used so that does not surprise me. But I would be very shocked if anyone from Mika's camp would take a bribe.

Thanks Yuna. I know you are not abusing MFC or the Mikaholix name, just that some others might and that's when I feel that we (or you in the case of Mikaholix) need to step in.

But if you've got rogue fans, whether they are Japanese or Korean or from somewhere else, it's a lot more difficult to deal with. This is going on everywhere all the time and these people may or may not be involved in the online community.

I know someone who has been around for years who has gotten special access to Mika through a variety of sources and I know someone who never has any contact with other Mika fans who can also get backstage.

I'm not saying you have to like it of course and some situations are more offensive than others but sometimes there's not much you can do about it unless you are prepared to name and shame. (Although often people have no shame in these situations so even that doesn't work. :aah:)

Yuna I don't want to get involved in any of this but I am concerned about the use of the word "bribe". Are you sure this is what you mean? That someone from TM took something from the fans in exchange for being allowed backstage? Because the common understanding of this in English would mean that they took money or something. That's how you bribe people, with something valuable, especially cash.

If that's not what you mean I think you should clarify because it paints TM in a very bad light.

I have heard John use almost the exact same words that Emu says Mrs Penniman used so that does not surprise me. But I would be very shocked if anyone from Mika's camp would take a bribe.

Please check the PM.

and I use the word 'bribe' when someone keeps 'treat' or giving 'material benefit' to other part, expecting something return or some special chance'. In Korea, 'bribe' is used like that. Maybe in UK? thinking of Mika saying 'bribe' his teacher to ditch his chinese class :wink2: I learn English from hundreds of Mika's interview.... :mf_rosetinted: 'exchange something' with cash is not bribe, it's 'buying and selling' stuff. I believe that no team mika staff had 'sold' m&g chance to fans so far.

@mks-emu What you said makes sense (Mama P did that sort of things more than once, we've heard stories like that before) but I don't think it's correct to say that no-one had autographs, when the pics clearly show Mika signing stuff. :dunno:

I don't want to get involved in the discussion or anything, but I had to point that out. In these cases, it's probably better to speak for yourself, not others. :wink2:

Please check the PM.

and I use the word 'bribe' when someone keeps 'treat' or giving 'material benefit' to other part, expecting something return or some special chance'. In Korea, 'bribe' is used like that. Maybe in UK? thinking of Mika saying 'bribe' his teacher to ditch his chinese class :wink2: I learn English from hundreds of Mika's interview.... :mf_rosetinted: 'exchange something' with cash is not bribe, it's 'buying and selling' stuff. I believe that no team mika staff had 'sold' m&g chance to fans so far.

Ha! :naughty: Well I don't remember that interview, but I would imagine Mika was not really serious? There was an article once that Mika had to bribe his fans with pizza but I'm pretty sure that no fan needs to bribed with anything to spend time with Mika. Plus what kind of person can be persuaded to do work for a slice of pizza. :roftl:

So what I think you are saying is that someone thought that if they gave something to one of the crew members that that would help them get backstage? Not that a crew member actually took a bribe?

The thing is you could argue that people are bribing Mika all the time. And I think we all know that it works. :mf_rosetinted:

Anyway like I said I do not want to get involved. I was not there so I don't know what happened. I just wanted to clarify about the bribe because it sounds a lot dodgier than what I think was intended.

The full gig :biggrin2: quality soundℑ are great :thumb_yello:

Our Virginie (@Melgiine) did :wub2: thank you :flowers2:

Great job Golden girl :huglove: [/Quote]

Did she got permission from all those original uploaders??? :shocked::shocked:

Those girls asked not to 're-upload' their vids without their permission, as far as I know.

Archived