It sounds like he is only playing at the after party and not the actual event so I wouldn't expect it to be broadcast. But hopefully some You Tubers will be there. :biggrin2:

Hope so :biggrin2: This sounds a big event though, so I hope he will get some publicity in the US.

About the song. I didn't think it first, but the more I listen to it the more temporary it feels. It makes is quite sad? Or is it just that I can't understand it properly?

I don't know why all off you need to analyze every detail from his song...

:lmfao: You mean, after a year on the forum you haven't gotten used to

all the over-analyzing? It's the MFC way! Everything Mika does, says,

wears, scrutinized down to the tiniest molecule! :roftl:

It sounds like he is only playing at the after party and not the actual event so I wouldn't expect it to be broadcast. But hopefully some You Tubers will be there. :biggrin2:

Oh, something's bound to end up on youtube. What excites me most

is that it's going to get a fair amount of news coverage, since Barack

Obama will be there. I wish I was going to be home to see the evening

news that night, but that's what DVRs are for! :thumb_yello:

About the song. I didn't think it first, but the more I listen to it the more temporary it feels. It makes is quite sad? Or is it just that I can't understand it properly?

I'm not sure what you mean by temporary? The song itself? Like it's

disposable? :dunno:

Hope so :biggrin2: This sounds a big event though, so I hope he will get some publicity in the US.

I thought it´s kind of.. sad from the beggining. It´s like ... that he loves someone so much, but he isn´t with him at the moment? why should you tell someone that all u need is the love he breathes, if someone´s with you and is giving you that love? :wink2:

I think poetry and lyrics needs good neologisms

and you can know every syllable and every word from a song and still the secret is safely hidden

we can still extort him :mf_rosetinted:

:lmfao:

Yes, we won´t figure it out probably, but it´s fun, this trying :original:

When I like some song I listen it and don't analyze everything, when I don't like song, I don't listen that song...

I understand this part but why does it bother anyone if people enjoy analyzing music? I am not interested in clothes design, for example, but I don't start complaining on threads about that topic that it is not related or is a useless discussion. I simply don't read those threads or add if I like something - like the coat you made for Mika :teehee:

yes I know, I don't need to read what peeps talking about, but I am kinda :sad: because we all know Mika reads forum, and when he said that he doesn't know what he is going to do with BIOTW I was really :sad:

To me, it simply confirmed that he realised what most of us heard, too. He might have simply listened to the live recording of it. :dunno:

Has it ever occurred to anyone that if Mika doesn't use this song as one of the 12 tracks on the album it's because the people who don't think it's a strong enough song are actually right? That we represent a large part of Mika's potential audience and if we think it's too cheesy so will a lot of people? I mean if his own hardcore fans don't like it what does that say for the viability of the song?

I don't think Mika performs unreleased material in these situations because "he wants to share". He does it to test the song out and get feedback. The reaction of the audience to Underwater was palpable. I'm sure he can feel when it's working and when it isn't and doesn't need to consult people on a message board.

We have been discussing Mika's mystery lyrics on MFC since 2007 and it doesn't stop him from recording songs, so we're not going to censor threads because he might be reading.

MFC has always been strong in such discussions and analysis. I am sad that many of these voices disappeared after the first album or did not re-appear when the second album was released. :(

I don't know if he is reading MFC or not but I have a story that warms my heart each time I think about it. ...:blush-anim-cl:

After he sang Toy Boy for the first time in LA in 2009, this song became the ultimate favourite of all the 4 songs he performed that night - there were long, funny and even absurd posts about the music and the lyrics that included an analysis about how the idea of this toy reminded some people of Chucky... etc. It was such fun... :roftl:

At the same time, this song was so different, not a simple vaudville - there was something classical about it. Then a couple of days later I realised what it was: Papageno playing with the music box in the Magic Flute. :doh: (a note for those, who can't hear it: there is no resemblance of the particular melody or even the sound because Mika played in on the piano first and not on the celesta that has this music box sound. Still, it reminded me of that part of Mozart's opera). So I posted about it on MFC, linking a YT clip from the opera to support my silly thought.:teehee: I really can't remember much response on that. I think there was perhaps only one or two people who said I made sense and if I remember well, one of them was the person I sat next to in Berlin when Mika played it for the first time on a celesta and ended it with the melody from the Vogelfänger's aria. :wub2:

So I looked at her and said: yes :kachinga:

I'd like to think that it means that I heard this song through his ears, though I can't deny I'd be more than impressed if it was my post that influenced him to take the song into that direction. :teehee:

There is one conclusion I can definitely make though: I really shouldn't care if what I say makes sense to everyone here. I am pretty happy with those who are willing to give it a thought.

Edited by suzie

I understand this part but why does it bother anyone if people enjoy analyzing music? I am not interested in clothes design, for example, but I don't start complaining on threads about that topic that it is not related or is a useless discussion. I simply don't read those threads or add if I like something - like the coat you made for Mika :teehee:

To me, it simply confirmed that he realised what most of us heard, too. He might have simply listened to the live recording of it. :dunno:

MFC has always been strong in such discussions and analysis. I am sad that many of these voices disappeared after the first album or did not re-appear when the second album was released. : (

I don't know if he is reading MFC or not but I have a story that warms my heart each time I think about it. ...:blush-anim-cl:

After he sang Toy Boy for the first time in LA in 2009, this song became the ultimate favourite of all the 4 songs he performed that night - there were long, funny and even absurd posts about the music and the lyrics that included an analysis about how the idea of this toy reminded some people of Chucky... etc. It was such fun... :roftl:

At the same time, this song was so different, not a simple vaudville - there was something classical about it. Then a couple of days later I realised what it was: Papageno playing with the music box in the Magic Flute. :doh: (a note for those, who can't hear it: there is no resemblance of the particular melody, the chords or even the sound because Mika played in on the piano first and not on the celesta. Still, it reminded me of that part of Mozart's opera). So I posted about it on MFC, linking a YT clip from the opera to support my silly thought.:teehee: I really can't remember much response on that. I think there was perhaps only one or two people who said I made sense and if I remember well, one of them was the person I sat next to in Berlin when Mika played it for the first time on a celesta and ended it with the melody from the Vogelfänger's aria. :wub2:

So I looked at her and said: yes :kachinga:

I'd like to think that it means that I heard this song through his ears, though I can't deny I'd be more than impressed if it was my post that influenced him to take the song into that direction. :blush-anim-cl:

There is one conclusion I can definitely make though: I really shouldn't care if what I say makes sense to everyone here. I am pretty happy with those who are willing to give it a thought.

I completely agree with you. I don´t think we should just accept anything he proposes to us. He makes music because of US, we are the ones that buy his CDs, tickets for his shows etc. So except the fact he really WANTS to know our opinion, he NEEDS to know it. If he didn´t care of it, he wouldn´t be that good. So I´m sure he KNOWS what do we think of his songs. This is what interests him, and when he reads forum, I´m sure he visits song threads. Not Mika´s undies fanclub thread. (not like I didn´t like that thread :teehee:)

And his secrets in his songs are there because he doesn´t want us to listen to it, get it and let it be. It´s more interesting like that, and if he didn´t want us to KNOW those secrets, he would never write a song with it in it. (Oh God I´m starting to not make sense. :mf_rosetinted:) So don´t worry Mina, there´s nothing wrong with analysing every single letter of his new song. :wink2:

I'm not sure what you mean by temporary? The song itself? Like it's

disposable? :dunno:

No, sorry my silly explanation :blush-anim-cl: I meant the love story. Love happened and moving on after that? And I realized it from the beginning, but I didn't give it much thought, because I was so excited about the love part, it's so touching, it sounds so honest and strong. But after listening to the song many, many (:teehee:) times I started to think about the sad part too.

I thought it´s kind of.. sad from the beggining. It´s like ... that he loves someone so much, but he isn´t with him at the moment? why should you tell someone that all u need is the love he breathes, if someone´s with you and is giving you that love? :wink2:

Well when you are in love enough you can easily think that love is all you need even if that another person is away for a short time? :roftl: But yes, it's sad.

I completely agree with you. I don´t think we should just accept anything he proposes to us. He makes music because of US, we are the ones that buy his CDs, tickets for his shows etc. So except the fact he really WANTS to know our opinion, he NEEDS to know it. If he didn´t care of it, he wouldn´t be that good. So I´m sure he KNOWS what do we think of his songs. This is what interests him, and when he reads forum, I´m sure he visits song threads. Not Mika´s undies fanclub thread. (not like I didn´t like that thread :teehee:)

And his secrets in his songs are there because he doesn´t want us to listen to it, get it and let it be. It´s more interesting like that, and if he didn´t want us to KNOW those secrets, he would never write a song with it in it. (Oh God I´m starting to not make sense. :mf_rosetinted:) So don´t worry Mina, there´s nothing wrong with analysing every single letter of his new song. :wink2:

ha! I could answer to every line but...

"we" ...people differ, M fans differ...

yes, everyone can propose an opinion...and when a person is curious about them they can read them...it's just.. opinions differ and an artist is not to please everybody ..in fact ..I think the more people he/she wants to please the less artist he/she is....

I'm not sure I understood the last paragraph...

so you're saying secrets in songs are because he doesn't want us to listen to them?? and "if he didn´t want us to KNOW those secrets, he would never write a song with it in it." ??

I think songwriters often don't want people to really know what's behind the song....sometimes they explain it when asked, sometimes don't...it's their right

sometimes the power of the song is in the secret and in the fact that you can interpret it in many ways...

sure...when I'm interested in a person I would like to know what he/she felt/thought while writing but it's impossible when you're not close or when the person doesn't want to tell, it's his/her right

I can imagine a bit what Toy Boy is about...but I don't know the real story behind it...

and basically I don't think he makes music because of "us" ... it's his way of expression, it's the "thing" he has inside that pushes him, the amazing talent...the thoughts and feelings he wants to express...and didn't he say he writes basically for himself...that's good....and I don't think it in a "selfish" way...

the people, fans are important but in a different way...that's what I think...

Edited by Melisanda

*tries to explain what in mind seems a fantastic thought, but since it´s in Spanish, I´m not sure how it will look in English*

I guess it´s not that Mika needs to "turn" his music into something his fans would love... I guess it´s just that he creates his music, and some people find a connection with it. People who are still here, who know all his lyrics, and all the explanations he gave when he explained why he wrote this or that song, who laugh with his nonsenses and lies, basically, who "know" Mika a bit, will love most of his work, because when he releases a song, it´s not just a song, it´s "Mika´s song"...

I sometimes compare it with the feeling that a mom can have for her son. I know my son is not the most handsome boy of the world, but he is for me. When he learns a new thing, I fangurl over him, even though when I know it´s not that amazing, but I can´t help it. We can like or dislike his songs, but in general, I guess we all will like his album, cause it´s Mika´s, we like him, we are used to his way to write music, and I can´t imagine his new album being too different from what we are used to...

Do I make sense??

*tries to explain what in mind seems a fantastic thought, but since it´s in Spanish, I´m not sure how it will look in English*

I guess it´s not that Mika needs to "turn" his music into something his fans would love... I guess it´s just that he creates his music, and some people find a connection with it. People who are still here, who know all his lyrics, and all the explanations he gave when he explained why he wrote this or that song, who laugh with his nonsenses and lies, basically, who "know" Mika a bit, will love most of his work, because when he releases a song, it´s not just a song, it´s "Mika´s song"...

I sometimes compare it with the feeling that a mom can have for her son. I know my son is not the most handsome boy of the world, but he is for me. When he learns a new thing, I fangurl over him, even though when I know it´s not that amazing, but I can´t help it. We can like or dislike his songs, but in general, I guess we all will like his album, cause it´s Mika´s, we like him, we are used to his way to write music, and I can´t imagine his new album being too different from what we are used to...

Do I make sense??

Yes, you do.

I'm just not quite sure about this... As someone (suzie? EDIT: I read back again and, yes, suzie.) said before, many people are not around since LICM or TBWKTM's release and I wonder if they "left" MFC for personal reasons or for not being happy enough with his new material.

If the second option applies, maybe we shouldn't generalize to the point of saying that people who know Mika very well would be able to appreciate almost everything he does.

His songs will obviously have his "touch" and those who know him a bit would probably recognize the Mika feeling easily, but I don't think it could make someone enjoy it based solely on that reason.

Edited by Fran

Yes, you do.

I'm just not quite sure about this... As someone (suzie?) said before, many people are not around since LICM or TBWKTM's release and I wonder if they "left" MFC for personal reasons or for not being happy enough with his new material.

If the second option applies, maybe we shouldn't generalize to the point of saying that people who know Mika very well would be able to appreciate almost everything he does.

His songs will obviously have his "touch" and those who know him a bit would probably recognize the Mika feeling easily, but I don't think it could make someone enjoy it based solely on that reason.

Well, I don´t love every song of Mika, but if you like his style, you should like what he does cause all he does, has his "style" (seriously,this has a lot of sense in my language). Obviously, people who hate falseto won´t like Mika...and maybe many people liked him at first, but then they expected something new, and when they didn´t get it they moved on... but if you like someone you don´t expect a change... you like it the way it is... It doesn´t mean you should love every single nonsense he does. I was talking about style and about if he needs to "change" his style to be loved by us. I just think it´s the other way around, that we love his style and that´s why we like what he does. If he keeps firmely attached to what he is, surely we won´t be disappointed.

For you to understand... we like Mango and he will never be anything like a popstar, cause he does another kind of music. I love that kind of music, but if any of us expect him turning into Mika, we won´t be around in his second album... you know what I mean?

No, sorry my silly explanation :blush-anim-cl: I meant the love story. Love happened and moving on after that?

why should you tell someone that all u need is the love he breathes, if someone´s with you and is giving you that love? :wink2:

Because that's how you express your feelings? :dunno:

Of course he is probably not literally with his lover at that exact moment, but that doesn't mean they are separated for any length of time that would make it sad.

I'm not getting sadness at all from this song. It's just really intense and yes, like all intense feelings it will wane one day, but I don't think that's really being addressed in the lyrics.

I hope this is one of the singles so Mika has to talk about it in interviews and maybe we will get some idea :naughty:

I think the assumptions I've heard from some about how closely Mika is monitoring who is saying what on MFC is magical thinking. Mika doesn't have time to write a 140 character tweet and there are 3.5 million posts on MFC. You do the math. :naughty:

As someone (suzie? EDIT: I read back again and, yes, suzie.) said before, many people are not around since LICM or TBWKTM's release and I wonder if they "left" MFC for personal reasons or for not being happy enough with his new material.

People left for a variety of reasons but basically, they are obviously no longer interested in Mika. Some of them grew up and became interested in other artists / different types of music, others were not so thrilled about the second album, a few of them may have found another obsession...etc the list is endless, like the reasons why those who are still here like him,

Yes, that's right. Most of them certainly don't, otherwise no pop star ever would have a problem keeping their audience / fanbase from one album to another.

Do I make sense??

I completly understand you. That's exactly what I was thinking these days. I was thinking how I lost judgment about Mika's music. I'm too subjective. :biggrin2::dunno:

I think the assumptions I've heard from some about how closely Mika is monitoring who is saying what on MFC is magical thinking. Mika doesn't have time to write a 140 character tweet and there are 3.5 million posts on MFC. You do the math. :naughty:

Fans will always believe the story that fits their world better, so if Mika says or does something previously mentioned on MFC, it can mean that he 'listens' or 'gets threatened' depending on who wrote that, instead of simply admitting that the idea posted here was relevant and in line with his way of thinking.

Edited by suzie

Well, I don´t love every song of Mika, but if you like his style, you should like what he does cause all he does, has his "style" (seriously,this has a lot of sense in my language). Obviously, people who hate falseto won´t like Mika...and maybe many people liked him at first, but then they expected something new, and when they didn´t get it they moved on... but if you like someone you don´t expect a change... you like it the way it is... It doesn´t mean you should love every single nonsense he does. I was talking about style and about if he needs to "change" his style to be loved by us. I just think it´s the other way around, that we love his style and that´s why we like what he does. If he keeps firmely attached to what he is, surely we won´t be disappointed.

For you to understand... we like Mango and he will never be anything like a popstar, cause he does another kind of music. I love that kind of music, but if any of us expect him turning into Mika, we won´t be around in his second album... you know what I mean?

Yes, but again... You say that if you like someone, you don't expect the person to change and that probably those who left were expecting something new and didn't get it, right?

Ok, but a thing I read many times here is that people miss the old Mika, the not-so-theatrical Mika, the Converse Mika. Probably some of these people got a change they didn't expect to and decided to move on.

Same way, many people must have loved when he kept his approach to his young years in the second album, :fangurl:ed over it and "decided" to stay.

Some people just don't care about what the heck he dresses and are just paying attention to his music. Some of them complain :naughty: but continue here.

Some people maybe were expecting another subject to be approached in TBWKTM and were disappointed with the young thing again.

Anyway, I still don't think we can generalize it and mostly because I believe that, yes, Mika will always put the glitter we love on everything he does but it doesn't mean that it will make his upcoming albuns taste exactly like what we've heard before. The Mika style (it also makes sense in my language and I strongly believe it makes sense in English as well :naughty:) will be always around but many other factors characterize an album and it may affect people's opinions as much as their feelings for Mika and his style.

People left for a variety of reasons but basically, they are obviously no longer interested in Mika.

I don't think that is necessarily the case. A lot of people came to MFC because they were or were starting to become obsessed with him. It's difficult to maintain that level of obsession for more than a couple of years. He has also been off the English/American music scene for so long now people are forced to do something else in that drought. I don't think out-of-sight out-of-mind equates with a complete lack of interest however.

Do I make sense??

It makes perfect sense my dear. i fell the same way (towards my kids AND mika:wink2:)

Not posting to the fan club does not equal no longer interested in Mika.

Mika is not his fan club.

This is simply one of many places that people can discuss Mika's work if they choose to.

There are MANY reasons I seldom post and "lack of interest in Mika's work" is NOT one of them.

I would venture a guess that the same of true of many of Mika's fans, hardcore or otherwise.

You can get sidetrack by life events, or rour interest will change for a while, it doesn't eman you can't come back later.

I don't think that is necessarily the case. A lot of people came to MFC because they were or were starting to become obsessed with him. It's difficult to maintain that level of obsession for more than a couple of years. He has also been off the English/American music scene for so long now people are forced to do something else in that drought. I don't think out-of-sight out-of-mind equates with a complete lack of interest however.

I'm still and forever obsessed :naughty: , that's just the way I am when I love :blush-anim-cl: But while waiting for Mika's new songs, it's just wonderful to hang around MFC :biggrin2: and chat with you guys :thumb_yello:

This is simply one of many places that people can discuss Mika's work if they choose to.

There are MANY reasons I seldom post and "lack of interest in Mika's work" is NOT one of them.

I would venture a guess that the same of true of many of Mika's fans, hardcore or otherwise.

That makes sense, Rivers :thumb_yello:

That's exactly why I could not fail to mention that one of the reasons why people don't come here as they used to must have to do with personal issues. Totally agree with these lines above. :thumb_yello:

It makes perfect sense my dear. i fell the same way (towards my kids AND mika:wink2:)

I found your undercover MFC name Mama P :naughty::roftl:

I have to admit I feel the same :wub2: but when I do have songs I don't like that much (very few, one for each album) and many songs I love and some I could listen to endlessly :fangurl:

And Underwater needs to be a single :mf_lustslow:

:naughty: and write songs!

You can get sidetrack by life events, or rour interest will change for a while, it doesn't eman you can't come back later.

yes, that's true.

i also found that after Mika stopped touring after both albums, some members were writing messages to say bye for now, their real life was calling them, new things to do/see etc... It's always easier to decide to take an MFC break when Mika is not around :naughty:

i also noticed that when school is out or during Christmas holidays, we get loads of younger fans. :blush-anim-cl:

Edited by guylainem123