Some people state that he sings Ticket, but I don't see any sence in it (and don't hear it at all).

It doesn't matter if it makes sense because that's the lyric. :naughty: It was written for the musical Hair, not for Nina Simone. And it was sung by a boy so the haters on my video who are moaning that he shouldn't sing I got my boobies should watch the movie. :shun:

There is an argument on one of my other videos that he is shouting out "shalom" instead of "come on" but he has shouted out "come on" at least 200 times at gigs and I don't think he's giving a shout out to Israel at Glastonbury :roftl: But you know people hear/believe whatever they want to believe as we all know from reading MFC. :wink2:

There is an English accent where the "t" sound is replaced with "ch" and it's very common to hear people say "chube" instead of tube. And Mika's enunciations are often bizarre by any standard.

I noticed a few years ago that he had an American pronunciation of water which sounds like "wah-der" but now he is clearly using the standard British pronunciation.

yes, no real resemblance the 'RtM', just the idea, and the part

'Cause all I need

Is the love you breathe'

also reminds me of some song but I can't figure out what it is. It is more the structure of it rather than the melody though.

"Sometimes

All I need is the air that you breathe

And to love you" The Hollies :dunno:

I thought of that, too -- but I still would argue that "fall to my feet" makes sense, even though the common expression is "fall to my knees." When your body falls down, it falls to where your feet are -- not necessarily the same as falling on your knees. (Mika, help me out here... I'm trying to defend you, come on!) :roftl::

Sorry Deb, still not convinced :naughty: If you've fallen, your feet probably aren't on the ground either :naughty:

It doesn't matter if it makes sense because that's the lyric. :naughty: It was written for the musical Hair, not for Nina Simone. And it was sung by a boy so the haters on my video who are moaning that he shouldn't sing I got my boobies should watch the movie. :shun:

There is an argument on one of my other videos that he is shouting out "shalom" instead of "come on" but he has shouted out "come on" at least 200 times at gigs and I don't think he's giving a shout out to Israel at Glastonbury :roftl: But you know people hear/believe whatever they want to believe as we all know from reading MFC. :wink2:

There is an English accent where the "t" sound is replaced with "ch" and it's very common to hear people say "chube" instead of tube. And Mika's enunciations are often bizarre by any standard.

I noticed a few years ago that he had an American pronunciation of water which sounds like "wah-der" but now he is clearly using the standard British pronunciation.

I'm very interested in Mika's pronunciation shown by facts (as you've just done). Is there any thread about it?

I don't know how to tell American from English accent. Once I was tought about posh English, but still have no practical skills in distinguishing all these accents :boxed:

They say that Mika has a Posh English accent in the Young Holliwood (where he tells about the balls painted :naughty:). Is there a bit of truth?

I'm very interested in Mika's pronunciation shown by facts (as you've just done). Is there any thread about it?

I don't think there is a specific thread although it has come up before. We probably discussed it a lot more in the early days. His accent seemed more flexible then and he would switch back and forth but now he sounds consistently British to me. I don't know if his accent is any different or I'm just so accustomed to his speech that I don't notice it.

They say that Mika has a Posh English accent in the Young Holliwood (where he tells about the balls painted :naughty:). Is there a bit of truth?

Yes I guess it's posh by private school standards but not by Royal Family standards :naughty: Maybe the Brits can elaborate. I think to me and other Americans Mika will always sound quite British but I'm not sure what the Brits hear.

This is as American as I've ever heard him speak:

JpakuXMkCrM

Thank you Christine!

I have a lot to learn...

In fact, I'm so used to his speech that I understand everything. And when it comes to interviewer, I see that I don't understand a half of what other people say! Awful.

But I could be Mika's personal interpreter ;)

Edited by Dreamy_Queen

In fact, I'm so used to his speech that I understand everything. And when it comes to interviewer, I see that I don't understand a half of what other people say! Awful.

But I could be Mika's personal interpreter ;)

Yes that's what I find when I am watching French videos. It's always much easier to understand Mika than the people who are speaking to him.

"Sometimes

I know this one from Mick Hucknall only :teehee: ..but what I meant is more the way the rhythm changes and the melody descends. I hope to figure out soon what piece of music this structure reminds me of.

There is an argument on one of my other videos that he is shouting out "shalom" instead of "come on" but he has shouted out "come on" at least 200 times at gigs and I don't think he's giving a shout out to Israel at Glastonbury :roftl:

:lmfao: I can't believe people could seriously believe that :roftl:

"Sometimes

Sorry Deb, still not convinced :naughty: If you've fallen, your feet probably aren't on the ground either :naughty:

Oh I dunno, what if you fall from a height...off a wall or something, you could easily land on your feet, or if you fall into a lake/sea/river, and you can breathe underwater, you could sort of genlty land on your feet on the bottom of the sea/lake/riverbed, it's all just a visual he's placing in my mind & I'm rather liking it :)

I don't think there is a specific thread although it has come up before. We probably discussed it a lot more in the early days. His accent seemed more flexible then and he would switch back and forth but now he sounds consistently British to me. I don't know if his accent is any different or I'm just so accustomed to his speech that I don't notice it.

Yes I guess it's posh by private school standards but not by Royal Family standards :naughty: Maybe the Brits can elaborate. I think to me and other Americans Mika will always sound quite British but I'm not sure what the Brits hear.

This is as American as I've ever heard him speak:

JpakuXMkCrM

I like that video with young Mika :biggrin2::thumb_yello: Thanks Christine :huglove:

I was told it was ticket!! :shocked:

And maybe it´s chicken!!!!

NOW I´M TOTALLY LAUGHING MY ARSE OFF!!!!!!! :lmfao: :lmfao:

ok. I´m going now to google to search the lyrics to that song :mf_rosetinted:

i told you it was ticket so youd stop mocking da poor boy:mf_rosetinted:

dont even argue with me:mf_rosetinted:*hypnotizes you*

:lmfao: I can't believe people could seriously believe that :roftl:

They don't just believe it they argue about it and tell me that he's not saying "come on". :dunno: Maybe they're just trolls. :roftl:

Oh I dunno, what if you fall from a height...off a wall or something, you could easily land on your feet, or if you fall into a lake/sea/river, and you can breathe underwater, you could sort of genlty land on your feet on the bottom of the sea/lake/riverbed, it's all just a visual he's placing in my mind & I'm rather liking it :)

Yes I agree with that. I think it paints a picture and it works even though it's not something anyone would use in conversation. No one is going to say "All I see it amazes" either. It's totally awkward grammar for a conversation, but I love the poetry of it.

I like that video with young Mika :biggrin2:

There are a lot of changes Mika has shown that I like but I still miss baby Mika a lot sometimes. :naughty:

It took MONTHS to decipher Good Gone Girl. :naughty:

I remember that. :roftl: In fact, when some of us met him outside the venue in Amsterdam a good two months after the GGG live debut, I pounced on him to ask him WTF one of the lines was. :teehee:

i always hear "chicket" like he caught himself singing the wrong thing :teehee:

i watched it again twice just to be sure... yeah that was the only reason :mf_rosetinted:

It's totally "chicket". :mf_rosetinted: In fact, you'll sometimes hear 2007-era MFCers talk about buying a 'chicket' to a gig...this performance is the story behind that. :roftl:

I know for me it's a case of being so acclimated to his accent that I no longer notice it. I remember completely mishearing him in the early days and now listening back I think "huh? How the hell did I ever think he was saying that?" :naughty:

There are a lot of changes Mika has shown that I like but I still miss baby Mika a lot sometimes. :naughty:

Aww, the wild hair and the bright pink cardigan. Widdle baby Mika was sure a cutie-wootie! :lmfao:

Edited by lollipop_monkey

No one is going to say "All I see it amazes" either. It's totally awkward grammar for a conversation, but I love the poetry of it.

I think it is "All I see just amazes", which already sounds better but it still requires an object, doesn't it. In any case, it is worded in a poetic way like you say and it amazes me :pinkbow: (:teehee:)

I thought of that, too -- but I still would argue that "fall to my feet" makes

sense, even though the common expression is "fall to my knees." When

your body falls down, it falls to where your feet are -- not necessarily

the same as falling on your knees. (Mika, help me out here... I'm trying to

defend you, come on!) :roftl:

The expression fall to my feet has a meaning in my language.

It means that something is wrong, you can´t control your "fall" but at the end you fall to your feet, so you were able to handle it, even if it was hard.

Do I make sense? :blink:

It means that something is wrong, you can´t control your "fall" but at the end you fall to your feet, so you were able to handle it, even if it was hard.

Means the same in Dutch too :)

Yes, we use the same expression in my language, being like a cat, "cats always fall to their feet" meaning they always survive, whatever happened. Maybe it's the same in most languages (but now I'm already confused which is the exact expression in English :blush-anim-cl:).

I think it is "All I see just amazes"

Yes of course, I just "misspoke" there. :naughty:

Yes, we use the same expression in my language, being like a cat, "cats always fall to their feet" meaning they always survive, whatever happened. Maybe it's the same in most languages (but now I'm already confused which is the exact expression in English :blush-anim-cl:).

The English phrase (at least Canadian English) that is taken from the idea that a cat always hits the ground on its feet is "land on your feet".

I don't think that's quite what is meant here because it implies some kind of toughness but wearing your heart on your sleeve is a huge vulnerability. I guess we'll never know though. :naughty:

The English phrase (at least Canadian English) that is taken from the idea that a cat always hits the ground on its feet is "land on your feet".

I don't think that's quite what is meant here because it implies some kind of toughness but wearing your heart on your sleeve is a huge vulnerability. I guess we'll never know though. :naughty:

Thanks! I didn't think it's related either but it's always interesting to know phrases like that, most languages use similar expressions, in finnish we just use "fall".

"Wearing your heart on your sleeve" was a totally new expression to me though, I had to google it know what it means. We have nothing like that in my language, but it was explained quite well in many sites. I guess I should have known it, it's actually a very simple and clear expression, but it's not something people use in everyday life.

Lol, because I'm a non-native speaker and my own English is very simple these lyrics seems very clear, it all makes perfect sense. Love hitting is a shock and it's confusing, so it sounds normal to "fall to feet" after that (even if it's not something normally said in English). Also, after you admit you are in love and open your heart you very vulnerable (so even word "raw" would make sense to me). So it's impossible for me to analyze every single word, but the lyrics are very honest. I love it.

Bursting in a blood red sky

A slow landslide

and the world we leave behind

there's a way to lose your head

and disappear and not return again...

When I fall to my feet

Wearin' my heart on my sleeve

All I see just amazes

You are the port of my call

You shot and leavin' me raw (?)

Now I know you're amazing

'Cause all I need

Is the love you breathe

put your lips on me and

I can live under water,

under water, under water!

Under water!

Edited by tiibet

Thanks! I didn't think it's related either but it's always interesting to know phrases like that, most languages use similar expressions, in finnish we just use "fall".

It's not the falling that's critical to the idea but the landing. You can drop a cat on its back and it will twist and turn as it's falling through the air but by the time it lands it will be on its feet (I mean hopefully it will be :naughty:)

"Wearing your heart on your sleeve" was a totally new expression to me though, I had to google it know what it means. We have nothing like that in my language, but it was explained quite well in many sites. I guess I should have known it, it's actually a very simple and clear expression, but it's not something people use in everyday life.

It's a common phrase in English but I guess in conversation it's only going to come up if you're talking on a personal level - about relationships and such.

It finally happened. :boing: Beautiful song.:wub2:

Old fans coming back with such comments is also a sign he is finally back with some good quality music. :thumb_yello:

Oh I just love this song!:wub2: It's everything I've been waiting for and more!

:yay: Jules, nice to see you post, and I agree -- this really DOES get me even more excited for the new album!

Awww you guys - this place is beginning to feel like 'home' again :huglove:

Can you make one with me holding his head down in a bath?

I've also got an image in my head of MIKA apple bobbing - I don't know why though ... :wink2:

I love this song. This is the first of the new songs that has made me feel all warm and fuzzy again. I woke up this morning with it stuck in my head despite only having listened to it a couple times. :punk:

If he synths up his voice in the album version of this song I shall leave MFC forever as a display of my utmost disproval. :shocked:

No, not really. But I'll whine and stomp my feet for sure.

Totally agree with you! :teehee:

I'm still not 'getting' the other 3 new songs at ALL, or the fancy dress lark :mf_rosetinted: but I feel much more optimistic now that Meeks will not disappoint with his new album. How can just one song have such an effect on me? Damn it MIKA - you're GOOD :wub2: