Eurovision 2012

suzie

I´m sorry to say that but I find these songs to be really really awful :(

Dance music should not be in Eurovision:teehee:

Normally I'd agree with you. I mean, I always thought this too. I always liked it better when music sounded traditional to the country. I guess that's why I mostly like Turkish entries and songs that have these balkan sounds to it. But, the reality is that dance music is the kind of music that hits the charts in Europe these days (more like years) and there isn't that much difference anymore. So I guess it's normal that this music influences eurovision. I actually quite like dance music myself, but the dance tracks on esc are never quite there yet :aah: It seems like they still want to add in some eurovision flavour and the mix just doesn't work :aah:

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this --> :mf_rosetinted: look like the face of a joker? :mf_rosetinted:

But no, seriously, it's true. It even made the news over here :roftl:

I don't like the little act/dancing/confetti/whatever but I'd still vote for Euphoria. Why? Because it's the better song imo :dunno: I tend to vote for the best voice in any case. I really didn't like Danny's voice. Other reason: Amazing is such a very typical eurovision act from... I dunno, 5-10 years ago? The thing is, it's been done already. Only a lot better... So yeah, I'd vote for Euphoria.

But, what song do you think is the most popular in your country?

edit: I actually have euphoria stuck in my head now :lmao:

Oh my! - i have hoped it was an joke!:lmfao:

Serbian representative. :annoyed_h4h:

[YOUTUBE]kHehRZ6Qqew[/YOUTUBE]

If he looks familiar to you, he was second in 2004. with this song

The intro sounds so much like another song, but can't figure out which one it is.

Oh

My

Russia..

[YOUTUBE]WKNRGc71hjc[/YOUTUBE]

In my opinion, Moscow is overeaten, and get high from any peripheral things. It's fun for metropolitan residents. They are boring. And this does entertained them. This is unusual. And they think that this performance will amaze everyone with its originality.

In my opinion, Moscow is overeaten, and get high from any peripheral things. It's fun for metropolitan residents. They are boring. And this does entertained them. This is unusual. And they think that this performance will amaze everyone with its originality.

I watched this video a couple of weeks ago and I agree with you, Lena. I am not sure if people will be amazed but they'll definitely be entertained. This performance is just perfect for Eurovision: it is mixes traditional and modern in sound and vision but without any pretence. I also love how these ladies act a bit awkward on stage. :teehee:

I think that if Russia wins, the entire "wanting to be more real" is totally out of the picture and we're back to the time "lordi" won the eurovision :dunno:

Having said that, I'm always glad to see these entries. I prefer to laugh instead of cry.

Belgium's deciding between two songs tonight. I don't like either so yeah... I'm thinking: no final, again. :teehee:

I watched this video a couple of weeks ago and I agree with you, Lena. I am not sure if people will be amazed but they'll definitely be entertained. This performance is just perfect for Eurovision: it is mixes traditional and modern in sound and vision but without any pretence. I also love how these ladies act a bit awkward on stage. :teehee:

I was hoping that the song will be sounded not so unassumingly. It would be great if it was still beautiful ... I expected that there will be a beautiful musical denouement. But this did not happen. Well. It is curious how they will be evaluated )

I think that if Russia wins, the entire "wanting to be more real" is totally out of the picture and we're back to the time "lordi" won the eurovision :dunno:

Having said that, I'm always glad to see these entries. I prefer to laugh instead of cry.

Belgium's deciding between two songs tonight. I don't like either so yeah... I'm thinking: no final, again. :teehee:

I choose a song that I like from the first sound. In order not to force myself "I like it" or "this is ours and thus I like it." So I watch only the final concert. Grannies are exception. Looked before the final. Because of curiosity.

To me there is a clear difference between acts not taking themselves seriously and countries not taking the audience seriously. If it is the first (like Verka some years ago) you laugh with them, but if it is the last you laugh at them. An example of the latter to me was a black guy from the UK a couple of years ago whose performace I first believed was a mockery of the competition but it turned out it was all meant seriously.

To me the only danger that Eurovision faces nowadays is the uniformisation of music. I don't understand why every other song in the competition has Scandinavian songwriters, for example. I liked last year's winner (it was a predictable vicory) but if this year we'll have several perfectly written pop songs of the same kind, it is bound to be the odd one out that wins it and the ones demonstrating cultural diversity may have a better chance by merely being different from the rest. :dunno:

Edited by suzie

What you say about the writers being scandinavian: so true and so weird.

One of the two belgian entries was written by a guy from norway as well :dunno: The song that won was one written by belgians though. Big mistake :aah:

I have to say I used to be able to predict the eurovision winners every time, but for some reason I didn't the last few years :dunno: So I have my own favorites already, but I can't say: wow, that song's going to win.

Anyway, here's the belgian entry:

[YOUTUBE]QxLR8SDyDHc[/YOUTUBE]

The other song was a bit better I guess, but that doesn't change the fact that I don't like her performing...

What you say about the writers being scandinavian: so true and so weird. One of the two belgian entries was written by a guy from norway as well :dunno: ...
In a way, I understand it as current chart music is basically Scandinavian europop with a bit of fusion reggae lately. It originates from the early 90s and although the artists changed over time from the likes of Ace of Base, Dr Alban and the Backstreet Boys via Britney and Pink to Katy Perry and Adam Lambert, the core songwriter-producer team is actually the same. And now everyone wants to replicate the sound. Some are more successful, like the RedOne with LadyGaga (he is also from the same hub in Stockholm), but often I climb the walls from these songs. :aah:

One of the latest examples is 'The Silence' by Alexandra Burke. I heard it yesterday on the radio and I needed to search it based on the lyrics as I wanted to figure out who committed that predictable power ballad. :aah:I thought it must have been some recent Eurovision entry as it sounded so familiar but it turned out it was The RedOne to blame. :doh: It is totally by the book yet it annoyes the hell out of me.:roftl:

I have to say I used to be able to predict the eurovision winners every time, but for some reason I didn't the last few years :dunno: ...

I realised that it all depends on the actualy performance and also the mix of contestants as too many of the same types of entries (e.g cute blonde boys, pop/folk fusion songs, performances with 'slightly shocking elements'..etc) will work against each other in the final voting. Last year's winning song came as no surprise to me because it was really melodic (I liked Drip Drop as well the year before) but Lena was a kind of surprise. Thinking about it though, the song itself was really unique vs the other entries, she was young and sweet, so it also made sense. She was also the proof that there was no significant political voting in the competition, it is more a case of cultural voting, IMO.

I have yet to watch most entries. Someone recommended Rambo Amadeus on FB, too, so I may check him out next and then all the rest when I have time.

• 1 month later...

Hello Eurovision people!

It's Eurovision time very soon! Can't believe we haven't written in this thread for almost 2 months! :teehee:

Anyways, I thought this thread needs to be bumped! :thumb_yello:

ONLY TWO WEEKS until the grand finale in Baku!

:groupwave:

So keep the gossip coming! No time to lose :naughty:

Hello Eurovision people!

It's Eurovision time very soon! Can't believe we haven't written in this thread for almost 2 months! :teehee:

Anyways, I thought this thread needs to be bumped! :thumb_yello:

ONLY TWO WEEKS until the grand finale in Baku!

:groupwave:

So keep the gossip coming! No time to lose :naughty:

Oh, two months that's a lot of time :teehee:

Yes, I count the days. Can't wait! 8 days to the first semifinal! :boing: :boing:

Which songs are your favorites? :wink2:

Edited by Lilasko

Oh, two months that's a lot of time :teehee:

Yes, I count the days. Can't wait! 8 days to the first semifinal! :boing: :boing:

Which songs are your favorites? :wink2:

I know! :mikacool:

Yes, can't for all of the Eurovision craziness to start all over again!

Just watched some of the "first rehearsals" on youtube....

The Swedish song is not bad. And of course I'll keep supporting Jedward. Not a fan or anything. But they are fun a- plus I like their song.

Probably Russia is going to win though...

The Swedish song is not bad. And of course I'll keep supporting Jedward. Not a fan or anything. But they are fun a- plus I like their song.

No offence to russian people, but I hope not! Oh god.

I think that the people who think that the ESC is a joke (there are quite a lot..) will see this and think: "I'll wote just for the sake of it."

It will be so much fun!

Can you watch the rehearsals on youtube? I've have to do that later to find out if the cyprus singer can sing or not :aah:

Yeah, maybe. But I hope not!

They're third at this list:

http://www.oddschecker.com/specials/tv/eurovision/winner

Sweden is at top and Italy are second. Ofc I hope for sweden to win the whole thing. :teehee:

hey guyss!:bye: i know it's late but as you know sabina babayeva is going to present baku, here's the song:

[YOUTUBE]-8ejpLyXSuY[/YOUTUBE]

i like her,she's got a great and very strong voice also she was the best between others who wants to present Azerbaijan. her english is perfect and she really deserve to be a part of eurovision. :thumb_yello: also she's much better than last year xD

only 8 days left to eurovision,the city is totally ready! Baku is excited,so am i!:blush-anim-cl:

if any building or city projects hasn't been complete,now is! the view of Baku is amazing now,also Crystal Hall is ready to show off! you can feel the rush ,and excitement is in the air!:aah: CAN'T WAIT but actually the bad news for me is i could only attend the second semi-final! it means no Final for me!!! :crybaby:

Edited by boom_kimool_boom