Mad about the Boy

kath

Hello folks :biggrin2:. My first novel is due to be released soon. The book is called 'Mad about the Boy' and is about pop star obsession. I have to say that the research for my book was terribly hard - I really didn't know where to start. :mf_rosetinted: The book isn't about Mika at all. However, most writers write from experience and this is a story wound around many of my own experiences. But it is purely a story. Hopefully a good one. :naughty: I hope you enjoy it :mf_rosetinted:. If anyone has read it and enjoyed it please could you post a review on the publishers site? Thank you:biggrin2:

http://www.troubador.co.uk/book_info.asp?bookid=1665

Edited by kath

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't post the pic tonight as I aren't on my own computer. It has just under 60,000 words.....around 200 pages.

Laurel is racing through it - she claims to have been at work all day and yet has read almost half of it :blink:

Thank you for all the kinds words - I hope all that read it enjoy it :thumb_yello:

I can't post the pic tonight as I aren't on my own computer. It has just under 60,000 words.....around 200 pages.

Laurel is racing through it - she claims to have been at work all day and yet has read almost half of it :blink:

Thank you for all the kinds words - I hope all that read it enjoy it :thumb_yello:

Damn i was hoping to be the first to finish it!:roftl:

I read it during my Lunch Break (an hour) my other break (30 mins) and I finished at 8.10pm tonight so read it for another 20 mins before I could clock out :teehee:

When you're kind of annoyed that your break is over and you have to stop reading ... it's the sign of a very good book ... Kath ... you should be very proud of yourself .... :huglove:

I read it during my Lunch Break (an hour) my other break (30 mins) and I finished at 8.10pm tonight so read it for another 20 mins before I could clock out :teehee:

When you're kind of annoyed that your break is over and you have to stop reading ... it's the sign of a very good book ... Kath ... you should be very proud of yourself .... :huglove:

You make me curious! :mf_rosetinted:

Damn i was hoping to be the first to finish it!:roftl:

You haven't got it yet :naughty:

How long did you spend on writing it?

Three months in 2010

ooo i can't wait to read it!! :yay:

congrats kath!!

but i have to wait til april?:sneaky2:

Thanks Nas - sorry :blush-anim-cl:

I am VERY curious :mf_rosetinted:

seriously kath, I'm so out of the loop! I even did not know you were writing a NOVEL! How cool is this?

congrats my dear, I hope to buy my copy soon!:wub2:

It's on it's way :thumb_yello:

Thanks Laurel I AM proud of it and I really did enjoy writing it.

Oh this is really exciting! First of all: Congratulations!:thumb_yello:

I write a lot myself but so far I haven't got anything more than short articles published, so I have a lot of questions for you. How did you do it? Did it cost you a lot?

Of course it is an advantage to write in English but I can't do that, only in my mother language.:boxed:

I will definitely read it as fast as I get my hands or eyes on it!:kachinga:

Couldn't you at least give a hint in which on line store I can find it?:teehee:

Oh this is really exciting! First of all: Congratulations!:thumb_yello:

I write a lot myself but so far I haven't got anything more than short articles published, so I have a lot of questions for you. How did you do it? Did it cost you a lot?

Of course it is an advantage to write in English but I can't do that, only in my mother language.:boxed:

I will definitely read it as fast as I get my hands or eyes on it!:kachinga:

Couldn't you at least give a hint in which on line store I can find it?:teehee:

Amazon :naughty:

Thank you Sienna.

I don't think it is ever easy to break into the market for new writers - but it certainly isn 't at the moment with the economic situation as it is.

I went to The London Book Fair last April and was introduced to the concept of self publishing. I didn't really know anything about it before.

Doing it this way means that you put the money up yourself to actually have it published. But I like the ebook route as there are no printing costs and you can potentially sell millions :naughty: