BBC2 "I'm a Pop Star" 3rd episode - March 10 2012

guylainem123

Muchas gracias Bia!! Sólo a él le pasan esas cosas extrañas en hoteles!!:shocked: Recuerdo que en una entrevista él contó que una fan entró a su habitación mientras él tomaba una ducha:mf_lustslow:, no entiendo cómo le pasan esas cosas hahahahaha MUCHAS GRACIAS!!!:thumb_yello:

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for everything, Christine :flowers2:

Just saw Cherisse's tweet about the documentary :lmfao:

Cherisse Osei ‏ @Cherissedrums

haha!yeh they did exaggerate his muscles a bit,LOL! but I actually remember him telling me when they fan got into his room!x

:roftl::lmfao:

cherisse rocks:aah: (she´s right with the muscles:teehee:)

I tried uploading the HD to YouTube but it seems to have compressed it back down to 480p :dunno:

Anyway here is the original file for download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?m79o886dkn2vf5g

thank you very much Christine!

haha!yeh they did exaggerate his muscles a bit,LOL! but I actually remember him telling me when they fan got into his room!x

LOL!

I still think they gave that other guy a much more defined sixpack. :naughty: How dare they, it was supposed to be about Mika, not some drugged-up guy who happened to find his way to Mika's hotelroom!

He's lucky there were no paps about. He would have a hard time explaining what he's doing half-naked, with a half-naked guy, in the lobby of a hotel. :lmao:

:lmao::floor:

Really, I must say that cartoon is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time... :aah: They did a great job with it, loved it!

:lmao::floor:

Really, I must say that cartoon is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time... :aah: They did a great job with it, loved it!

Me too, especially the elevator moment and the weird guy and Mika "eyeing" each other :roftl: Too funny! We must have heard this story before, but it was absolutely hilarious pictured like that :lmfao:

Me too, especially the elevator moment and the weird guy and Mika "eyeing" each other :roftl: Too funny! We must have heard this story before, but it was absolutely hilarious pictured like that :lmfao:

Yes!! Exactly that moment!! That was put together so well! I loved Mika explaining it at the same time in the background, and you really heard him reliving that moment :roftl: Really great. :aah:

Yes the cartoon was hysterical. :lmfao: I enjoyed the whole thing and I think Mika came off pretty well. #1 selling artist, hobnobbing with Kanye West, etc.

Even the downside of the show with most popstars' careers floundering...I have never forgotten Nick Kershaw or Gary Numan or Adam Ant, even though their names have not been mentioned in any current tense in Canada for 30 years. There really is something about having a #1 song that allows someone to make their mark on popular culture.

I wonder when exactly this interview was shot. It is summer, and he is sitting in his flat (still flat, not house). he still uses it for publicity?

I'd say it was recorded around September 2011 based on his hair and his little gold bracelets. That's how he looked when he went to Korea and did that afterparty in Washington DC.

AKR20110919186800005_01_i.jpg

6204574025d727877b73b.jpg

Yes, I think you're right - late summerish/early autumn. I don't think he talked about moving into the house until closer to Christmas? :dunno:

Yes, I think you're right - late summerish/early autumn. I don't think he talked about moving into the house until closer to Christmas? :dunno:

But he said that he bought the house more than a year ago. I thought he moved there, but lived there only a few weeks (according to his blog).

So he haven'r even moved at that time?

But he said that he bought the house more than a year ago. I thought he moved there, but lived there only a few weeks (according to his blog).

So he haven'r even moved at that time?

Well getting a car did not mean Mika got his license the next day so I'm thinking buying a house would not necessarily mean he moves out of his parents' house the next day. You know? :naughty:

I had fun with this interview, I had almost forgotten what happened in the hotel :blink::doh:

Thank you for publishing it :thumb_yello:

..I will write the Spanish translation of the same :wink2:

"Cuando mi primer disco llegó al #1 yo estaba en un pub de Richmond.

Me habían dicho que se fue a los chart y yo realmente no sabía dónde iba a caer.

Así que fuimos a la camarera y le dijimos "por favor podría encender la radio,

sabe, yo soy músico y tengo una canción y que va a estar en Radio Uno

y realmente necesito oír lo que está pasando. ¿Puede encender la radio? "

Y ella dijo "No, los clientes de aquí no les gusta escuchar la radio." Así que me

fui, ok, está bien. Así que un amigo mío, se las arregló para comprar una radio.

Lo enchufamos en nuestra mesa y escuchamos en silencio. Finalmente, llegó mi canción

y nos levantamos y atacamos y dijeron "Y el Número Uno de esta semana es Mika"

con Grace Kelly y "aquí está la canción." Y nosotros empezamos a gritar

como locos. Todas nuestras cervezas se fueron al piso. Salté sobre la mesa.

Era como si, literalmente, como algo de una película.

La camarera se acerca, ella viniendo "Bien, todos ustedes, fuera!" y nos tiraron en el plazo

de 30 segundos, la radio en la mano. Fue un anti-clímax.

Terminé de hacer un show y regresé a mi habitación - en la habitación del hotel -

y cuando entro a la ducha y me estaba preparando. Salgo de la ducha y ahí estaba este

tipo temblando que logró llegar a la cama - que trabajaba en el hotel y

se las arregló para entrar y que obviamente estaba muy alto en cristal meth o algo

así y él estaba fuera de control .

Estoy en mi toalla. Corro fuera de mi habitación, salgo al pasillo y entro

al ascensor. Por supuesto, corro hacia el ascensor y él me sigue dentro del ascensor.

Así que pasé de estar en el dormitorio con este tipo a estar en el ascensor en mi toalla

y sólo estábamos mirándonos el uno al otro como íbamos hasta la planta baja. Yo fuí

un tonto. ¿Cómo me metí en una situación aún peor? De todos modos me eché

en el vestíbulo y estaba frenéticamente en esta toalla, con este tipo que literalmente estaba

tratando de aferrarse a mí, sino que a la mitad a él se le formó espuma en la boca.

La mejor parte de esto fue que actualizaron mi habitación porque fue culpa del hotel

y no tuve que pagar por los 3 días de estadía. Así que me gustaría que ese tipo de cosas

que ocurran con más frecuencia.

Es como si alguien te estuviera diciendo lo que está mal en tu vida o lo que es bueno en tu vida

y que te acercas mucho a ella muy rápidamente (hablando de las canciones pop)

Recibo una llamada de Kanye West y él me dice que vayamos a ver un poco de arte.

Así que fui y nos metimos en este pequeño van y estábamos yo, él y otro tío. Y vamos al Banco

del Sur y nos ponemos en la parte posterior de la Tate Modern. Habían abierto la

Tate Modern por una hora extra para que él camine con, ya sabes, yo, otra persona

y solo mirar en algunas de las exposiciones. Esto es como una broma! Tienes la

oportunidad de ver la Tate Modern por tu cuenta? Y cosas como esas, para mí,

son bastante sorprendentes."

I tried uploading the HD to YouTube but it seems to have compressed it back down to 480p :dunno:

Anyway here is the original file for download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?m79o886dkn2vf5g

Thanks so much Christine!!

:roftl: Love Cherisse!! :roftl:

Thanks for the links everyone:thumb_yello:

It really was a really good interview. It's great watching him tell these stories. I especially like the GK story in the pub, it really seemed like a scene from a movie:biggrin2:

Thanks for the links everyone:thumb_yello:

It really was a really good interview. It's great watching him tell these stories. I especially like the GK story in the pub, it really seemed like a scene from a movie:biggrin2:

Didn't he tell another funny story once, or was it my imagination? But it was something about being in Australia and GK came on in a shop (or some other public place) He started singing and someone said something like. "Shut up, we're trying to listen to Mika." It was something along those lines, if my senile brain reminds me correctly.

Didn't he tell another funny story once, or was it my imagination? But it was something about being in Australia and GK came on in a shop (or some other public place) He started singing and someone said something like. "Shut up, we're trying to listen to Mika." It was something along those lines, if my senile brain reminds me correctly.

Now that you've mentioned it I remember it. I think they didnt believe him when he said he was the singer. This story was mentioned in one of the articles in 2007 if I remember correctly.

Archived