BBC2 "I'm a Pop Star" 3rd episode - March 10 2012

guylainem123

What's the story of the bath? Can someone tell me? I'm looking at the picture and trying to understand but...

I want to know this too!! I saw a video, but really I don't understand anything. I need that someone translate it to spanish, please! haha:teehee::thumb_yello:

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a transcript:

When my record first went to #1 I was in a pub in Richmond. I had been told that it was gonna chart and I didn't really know where it was going to fall. So we went to the barmaid and we said "please can you turn on the radio, you know, I'm a musician and I've got a song and it's gonna be on Radio One and I really need to hear what's going on. Can you turn on the radio?"

And she was like "No, the clients in here don't like listening to the radio." So I go, okay fine. So a friend of mine, he managed to buy a radio. We plugged it in at our table and listened quietly. Finally it got to my song and we turned it up and blasted it and they said "And this week's number one is Mika" and it was with Grace Kelly and "here's the song." And we just started screaming like maniacs. All our beers went all over the floor. I jumped up onto the table. It was like literally like something from a movie.

The barmaid walks over, she goes "Right, you lot, out!" and we were chucked out within 30 seconds, radio in hand. It was such an anti-climax.

I just did a show and I went back to my bedroom - in the hotel room - and I went into the shower and I was getting ready. I walk out of the shower and there's this guy kind of trembling on the bed who had managed - he worked in the hotel and managed to get himself in. And he was obviously really high on crystal meth or something and he was just out of control.

I'm in my towel. I run out of my hotel room, into the hallway and I run into the elevator. Of course I run into the elevator and he follows me into the elevator. So I've gone from being in the bedroom with this guy to being in the elevator in my towel and we're just looking at each other as we're going down to the ground floor. I was like what a fool. How did I get myself into an even worse situation. Anyway I burst into the lobby and I'm frantically, in this towel, with this guy who's literally trying to hold onto me but he's half foaming at the mouth.

The best part of it was that they upgraded my room because it was the hotel's fault and I didn't have to pay for 3 days stay. So I wish that things like that would happen more often.

It feels like someone is telling you what's wrong in your life or what's good about your life and so you get very close to it very quickly (talking about pop songs)

I get a call from Kanye West and he says to me that we're going to go see some art. So I went and we get into this little van and it's me, him and one other guy. And we go to the South Bank and we get in to the back side of the Tate Modern. They had opened the Tate Modern for an extra hour for him to walk around with, you know, me and one other person and just look at some of the exhibitions. This is like a joke! You get to see the Tate Modern on your own? And things like that, to me, are pretty amazing.

Here's a transcript:

When my record first went to #1 I was in a pub in Richmond. I had been told that it was gonna chart and I didn't really know where it was going to fall. So we went to the barmaid and we said "please can you turn on the radio, you know, I'm a musician and I've got a song and it's gonna be on Radio One and I really need to hear what's going on. Can you turn on the radio?"

And she was like "No, the clients in here don't like listening to the radio." So I go, okay fine. So a friend of mine, he managed to buy a radio. We plugged it in at our table and listened quietly. Finally it got to my song and we turned it up and blasted it and they said "And this week's number one is Mika" and it was with Grace Kelly and "here's the song." And we just started screaming like maniacs. All our beers went all over the floor. I jumped up onto the table. It was like literally like something from a movie.

The barmaid walks over, she goes "Right, you lot, out!" and we were chucked out within 30 seconds, radio in hand. It was such an anti-climax.

I just did a show and I went back to my bedroom - in the hotel room - and I went into the shower and I was getting ready. I walk out of the shower and there's this guy kind of trembling on the bed who had managed - he worked in the hotel and managed to get himself in. And he was obviously really high on crystal meth or something and he was just out of control.

I'm in my towel. I run out of my hotel room, into the hallway and I run into the elevator. Of course I run into the elevator and he follows me into the elevator. So I've gone from being in the bedroom with this guy to being in the elevator in my towel and we're just looking at each other as we're going down to the ground floor. I was like what a fool. How did I get myself into an even worse situation. Anyway I burst into the lobby and I'm frantically, in this towel, with this guy who's literally trying to hold onto me but he's half foaming at the mouth.

The best part of it was that they upgraded my room because it was the hotel's fault and I didn't have to pay for 3 days stay. So I wish that things like that would happen more often.

It feels like someone is telling you what's wrong in your life or what's good about your life and so you get very close to it very quickly (talking about pop songs)

I get a call from Kanye West and he says to me that we're going to go see some art. So I went and we get into this little van and it's me, him and one other guy. And we go to the South Bank and we get in to the back side of the Tate Modern. They had opened the Tate Modern for an extra hour for him to walk around with, you know, me and one other person and just look at some of the exhibitions. This is like a joke! You get to see the Tate Modern on your own? And things like that, to me, are pretty amazing.

Thank you Christine! I've just made a Korean subtitle of this but found out so many mistakes .... :naughty:

:flowers2:thank you christine

the bathroom story is hilarious:roftl:. (Didn´t he tell it allready n other interviews btw?? it seems as if I heard it allready:blush-anim-cl:)

yeah in Myspace chat in...2009 :teehee:

I don't know if I got all the brief bits, but the stories he told are in there.

[YOUTUBE]no55J6hKVdA[/YOUTUBE]

THANK YOU SO MUCH :bow:

56422822.jpg

:roftl::roftl::roftl:

:roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl:

ROFTL isn't enough :teehee:

Thank you Christine for the video and Transcript :huglove:

also i remember he said something about being on number 7 which is awful compare to number one at first moments of the show :aah:

What he said was his first single got to 87 (that would have been the limited edition of Relax) and the the next, Grace Kelly, got to #1. And how that felt awful.:thumb_yello:

Here's a transcript:

thanks a lot, Christine! :thumb_yello:

Thanks for posting Christine!

I totally missed out this thread, so I didn't know about this programma being aired on BBC. I came home yesterday and started to 'zap' along the different programs... till I bumped into a Mika stripfigure with only a bathtowel around his waist :bleh:

Here's a transcript:

... The best part of it was that they upgraded my room because it was the hotel's fault and I didn't have to pay for 3 days stay. So I wish that things like that would happen more often.

Well we can arrange that, can't we? :wink2:

But is this a previous record, then broadcast yesterday? :mf_rosetinted:

I'd say it was recorded around September 2011 based on his hair and his little gold bracelets. That's how he looked when he went to Korea and did that afterparty in Washington DC.

AKR20110919186800005_01_i.jpg

6204574025d727877b73b.jpg

Well we can arrange that, can't we? :wink2:

Yes, he really shouldn't say things like that. :lmfao:

And thanks for the text - it is very useful for google translating into other languages.

I thought it was the least I could do since I've had to rely on so many other people for translations the past 2 years. :naughty:

EDIT: Found it! Thanks Droopsy

FilmV0Agvpg

Thanks Droopsy :thumb_yello: I didn't want to go through the entire 60 mins of video to find every second. :aah:

Thanks Droopsy :thumb_yello: I didn't want to go through the entire 60 mins of video to find every second. :aah:

I just recorded the mika bits whilst watching the show yesterday :teehee: Unfortunately windows movie maker makes the quality bad. There's always a synch problem. But I don't know another free program to join pieces of video :dunno:

edit: oh, and I kept the craig david bit because it was just too funny :teehee:

I just recorded the mika bits whilst watching the show yesterday :teehee: Unfortunately windows movie maker makes the quality so bad. There's always a synch problem. But I don't know another free program to join pieces of video :dunno:

Mine is bad quality too because of the stream. I will see if I can download a proper file of the show and get it in HD.

Archived