BBC2 "I'm a Pop Star" 3rd episode - March 10 2012

guylainem123

transcript by Christine: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3662142&postcount=180

FD brought to my attention an item for sale on Ebay

mika.png

In the description of the picture, it reads:

Mika as used on BBC2's I'M IN A POP BAND 2012
Part of the ongoing BBC2 Pop life series http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00pb298
The programme is aired sometime in March 9.20pm

The Illustration was used in an animated sequence for the programme

i checked on the BBC site and
Part 1, "I'm in a Boy Band" aired this weekend
Part 2, "I'm in a Girl Group", will be aired next weekend
Part 3 will be aired March 10th and is called "I'm a pop star"

I read on the internet that Part 3 will feature Craig David, but i'm wondering if Mika will be featured at all or if they are only going to show the drawing :dunno:

I'm hoping we'll get more info in the coming days :yay:

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw the boyband one and it was good. It mentioned and showed many boybands in the documentary, such as; Take That, The Monkees, The Osmonds, also new guys like One Direction and JLS.

Since it is a series I did hope it would mention Mika at some point, and that would be great, as long as they concentrate on his talent and music, and don't go into the "sexual ambivalance" rubbish they usually concentrate on, when talking about this talented singer and musician.

Interesting! Can't say I want to bid on the eBay picture though ... :blink:

Not much like Mika, is it? But if it is only one drawing from the animated sequence, maybe the whole thing will look better :dunno:

Since it is a series I did hope it would mention Mika at some point, and that would be great, as long as they concentrate on his talent and music, and don't go into the "sexual ambivalance" rubbish they usually concentrate on, when talking about this talented singer and musician.

If they will mention him, I just hope it won't be something like "The boy who had one hit song sometime in the 2007 and now have disappeared. No one knows what happened to him". :sneaky2:

If they will mention him, I just hope it won't be something like "The boy who had one hit song sometime in the 2007 and now have disappeared. No one knows what happened to him". :sneaky2:

Yes, that's also what I'm concerned about. He hasn't had a lot of respect from the BBC, in fact, they either make fun of him, or they put him down. He actually had GK. LT, BG, and HE as top ten hits in 2007, and WAG in 2009. There was also the song he wrote that became a Boyzone hit, GIAA. But what's the betting that they will be really dismissive of Mika?

I'm almost dreading the programe if he's going to be mentioned, and that's really sad.

But to be fair, he hasn't had a single out in the UK for ages, so most people think he isn't around anymore. That's a fact. He needs to announce tour/festival dates in the UK, and get another hit single in the UK charts ahead of his album release. Then, no one will be able to diss him.

It will be interesting to see if it was done with his knowledge or maybe even some participation.

Kath did they do new interviews with the boyband people or was it just a commentary type of thing? I heard there was footage of the Beatles, the Monkees, et al. But did they speak to anyone especially for the documentary?

It will be interesting to see if it was done with his knowledge or maybe even some participation.

Kath did they do new interviews with the boyband people or was it just a commentary type of thing? I heard there was footage of the Beatles, the Monkees, et al. But did they speak to anyone especially for the documentary?

Yes, it was a proper documentary with interviews with quite a few people. Guys right through from the Monkees/Osmonds/Drifters/Jacksons/Bay city Rollers to East17/Boyzone and JLS. It was good.

Yes, it was a proper documentary with interviews with quite a few people. Guys right through from the Monkees/Osmonds/Drifters/Jacksons/Bay city Rollers to East17/Boyzone and JLS. It was good.

Sounds promising then. I guess we'll see. :teehee:

Did they also show drawings of the people who were interviewed or featured in the program?

There are more than a few people on here who could've done a better drawing :teehee:

Indeed. The portraits that were auctioned at the MFC party first came to my mind. There are quite a few people here that draw his face brilliantly.

Did they also show drawings of the people who were interviewed or featured in the program?

Indeed. The portraits that were auctioned at the MFC party first came to my mind. There are quite a few people here that draw his face brilliantly.

Yes, that is what I thought - we had far better art work for the auction.

No, I don't remember seeing drawings on the prog. on Sunday :no:

Yes, that is what I thought - we had far better art work for the auction.

No, I don't remember seeing drawings on the prog. on Sunday :no:

I thought they had sketches and portraits of all the bands and artists on this program. I guess we'll have to wait and see why they used this drawing then.

Who, me? I haven't been interviewed for a TV series :no:

A while ago there was something on here about someone wanting to interview Mika fans for a BBC TV series. It was after you'd been in that newspaper. I put myself forward as I am good in interviews and I am a public speaker, but apparently they had enough ppl already. But I did think you'd been asked because it was after the paper-thing.

A while ago there was something on here about someone wanting to interview Mika fans for a BBC TV series. It was after you'd been in that newspaper. I put myself forward as I am good in interviews and I am a public speaker, but apparently they had enough ppl already. But I did think you'd been asked because it was after the paper-thing.

Ah, I see. Sorry - I was a litle confused. :naughty:

I spoke to a couple of producers at the time who were working on different ideas but nothing came of it. One was someone who was working on some sort of thing where you would be put on the spot and have to identify Mika tracks within a second (:shocked:) but they decided that Mika didn't have a big enough back cataloug of mainstream hits (in the UK!). The other one was a prog for a new TV production company. They were looking at making a prog. about manic fans and following their activities. Their filming wndow was last August to October and we didn't have anything on at that time so it didn't happen.

I think that Jazzy was also in touch with someone.

The second episode is called 'I'm in a Girl Group' so the third could be something along the lines of 'I'm a Pop Star!' and more focused on solo stars, hence the Mika drawing, although I don't know if Mika will be featured... :wink2::biggrin2:

BUMP!

I've also posted this on the M&T thread. I saw the doc about girl groups last night. It was really good and I congratulate the Beeb for screening such an interesting and unbiased documentary.

Anyway, at the end they quickly previewed next weeks show and I caught a precious glimpse of our golden boy, from the WAG vid.

This bodes well, because if they'd shown a clip from the GK vid they would probably talk about him like he's a one hit wonder. But showing him in the WAG vid shows that they realize he's had several hits.

So now I'm looking forward to next week's show. I don't know how much they'll talk about Mika, but he should get a mention at least. It's on BBC2 next Saturday evening.:thumb_yello:

BUMP!

I've also posted this on the M&T thread. I saw the doc about girl groups last night. It was really good and I congratulate the Beeb for screening such an interesting and unbiased documentary.

Anyway, at the end they quickly previewed next weeks show and I caught a precious glimpse of our golden boy, from the WAG vid.

This bodes well, because if they'd shown a clip from the GK vid they would probably talk about him like he's a one hit wonder. But showing him in the WAG vid shows that they realize he's had several hits.

So now I'm looking forward to next week's show. I don't know how much they'll talk about Mika, but he should get a mention at least. It's on BBC2 next Saturday evening.:thumb_yello:

OH! I thought it was Sunday nights that it was on! I must have missed last nights then. :aah:

Archived