Mika to perform at White Nights Festival 2012, Russia

Droopsy

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe :teehee:

He should not think of anything else when he sings otherwise he could make mistakes :naughty:

Didn't he also change the lyrics in rain to "I thought you were the man I wanted" during a live performance once? Just to add to the confusion... :wink2:

Didn't he also change the lyrics in rain to "I thought you were the man I wanted" during a live performance once? Just to add to the confusion... :wink2:

Yes, it was in a @Magic Points secret gig in London :wink2:

I hear "'zhuh' leaving me" . . . like a soft J sound. I've noticed he sometimes pronounces "you" that way. :wink2:

:thumb_yello:

Sorry I'm gonna have to call native speaker advantage on this one. :naughty: No one would ever say "she leaving me" even by accident. And it's not like Mika doesn't do this all the time.

I think the points gig was more likely a Freudian slip. I laughed out loud when it happened. :lmfao:

He often makes a soft 'sh' sound when he sings 'you', I think it's in Big Girl that we hear it a lot?

And about the word 'trente' in EMD, I think it's because he's linking 'trente' and 'ans' with an English accent, it's the emphasis of the 't' sound that we hear

And about the word 'trente' in EMD, I think it's because he's linking 'trente' and 'ans' with an English accent, it's the emphasis of the 't' sound that we hear

I thought he didn't have an English accent? :teehee:

The Québec girls were actually speculating that it might be a sound on the track rather than his vocals. Does he do it when he's singing live? I can't remember.

The Québec girls were actually speculating that it might be a sound on the track rather than his vocals. Does he do it when he's singing live? I can't remember.

We ruled it out as Guy's headphones being strange, since we could only hear it with them:wink2:

:thumb_yello:

Sorry I'm gonna have to call native speaker advantage on this one. :naughty: No one would ever say "she leaving me" even by accident. And it's not like Mika doesn't do this all the time.

I think the points gig was more likely a Freudian slip. I laughed out loud when it happened. :lmfao:

There is actually an old Bon Jovi song called She don't know me, and you can't be more american than JBJ:naughty:

So anything is possible

He doesn't have an English accent, he has an accent of his own :naughty:

Yes there's a sound at that moment on the track, I think it's a mix of both

There is actually an old Bon Jovi song called She don't know me, and you can't be more american than JBJ:naughty:

So anything is possible

She don't know me is just a variation on she doesn't know me. Technically it's not an acceptable variation but it's not missing a verb. Even a 5 year old would not say "she leaving me". It's not just incorrect, it's nonsensical.