Interview/Article from Danish Site

LaraMay

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why has noone cheered about this : "And after the album's release in september the master(mika) of the best live shows seen on Danish soil again an extensive world tour, which of course would lead him to Denmark."

I AM!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

provided that the interview is transcribed and translated correctly, i love not only *that* but also *how* he addresses the topic... "i don't think that my fans would be surprised..." - it implies that we know it and stand behind him, and he knows this, and him and us are like a secret community who have known it all along and not been asking stupid questions like the press. :teehee: ok he probably didn't have this in mind when saying the sentence, but the feeling i get from it is along those lines, and so for several reasons i'm all :wub2::fangurl: over this interview. :biggrin2:

I know what you mean, I loved that part too! This has been quite obvious to his fans for a long time and I'm happy he knows his fans support him (we just want him to be happy) :fangurl:

Why has noone cheered about this : "And after the album's release in september the master(mika) of the best live shows seen on Danish soil again an extensive world tour, which of course would lead him to Denmark."

OMG I totally missed that, I am so there yay :wub2: Hope it's true

i noticed it, but it was clear to me that he'd do a world tour when his album is released, and "after september" can mean anything from october 2012 to 2014 or whenever, so i'll wait with cheering until we get the tourdates. :teehee: but of course it's fab for you that he mentions denmark in particular. :thumb_yello:

Edited by mellody

provided that the interview is transcribed and translated correctly, i love not only *that* but also *how* he addresses the topic... "i don't think that my fans would be surprised..." - it implies that we know it and stand behind him, and he knows this, and him and us are like a secret community who have known it all along and not been asking stupid questions like the press.

Yes I think he knows that. :wink2:

i'll believe it when i see it :mikacool:

perv:mikacool:

provided that the interview is transcribed and translated correctly, i love not only *that* but also *how* he addresses the topic... "i don't think that my fans would be surprised..." - it implies that we know it and stand behind him, and he knows this, and him and us are like a secret community who have known it all along and not been asking stupid questions like the press.

I totally agree with you on that.

Also, I think it does make a difference that he does not shout from a rooftop "I'm gay" but says that he has been / was /is in a long term gay relationship. That is a key difference and it should make everyone around him and supporting him proud.:thumb_yello:

perv:mikacool:

I totally agree with you on that.

Also, I think it does make a difference that he does not shout from a rooftop "I'm gay" but says that he has been / was /is in a long term gay relationship. That is a key difference and it should make everyone around him and supporting him proud.:thumb_yello:

how did you know? :o

Dunno about tabloids, but MFC is clearly having fun :naughty:

How I missed such fast-growing threads while drought! :boing:

Yes, it's a tabloid :naughty:I think we have to wait a more serious magazine or news paper or filmed interview :mf_rosetinted: My suspicious mind can't trust all things write on this article exept the fact that his ex was a man :fisch:

Yes, it's a tabloid :naughty:I think we have to wait a more serious magazine or news paper or filmed interview :mf_rosetinted: My suspicious mind can't trust all things write on this article exept the fact that his ex was a man :fisch:

Same here.

I don't have much doubts (except Mika could be trolling us all that time :naughty: ), but I don't think he would do it like that. I don't believe that he just said these words to some yellow press.

He would do it in more sophisticated way, more gracefully.

Same here.

I don't have much doubts (except Mika could be trolling us all that time :naughty: ), but I don't think he would do it like that. I don't believe that he just said these words to some yellow press.

He would do it in more sophisticated way, more gracefully.

:aah:Seriously, what was not graceful about these words?

Would you want to see it on the cover of Time magazine to believe it or what else is needed? :dunno:

I would put money on the fact that Mika will be confirming this story pretty clearly in the not too distant future. This has been coming since that first interview he gave a couple of weeks ago. Of course he's not going to name names, but there is no reason not to mention the gender of people he's had relationships with or the length of the relationships, etc.

He told everyone years ago that he was open to relationships with men and now he has written an album about his relationship(s) so he has willingly opened himself up to this. No one is going to suddenly start invading his privacy, he is not going to be labelled any more than he already has been. He's 29 years old and there is no reason he can't discuss non-identifying details of his relationships, the same way artists 10 years younger than he is do all the time.

I would put money on the fact that Mika will be confirming this story pretty clearly in the not too distant future. This has been coming since that first interview he gave a couple of weeks ago. Of course he's not going to name names, but there is no reason not to mention the gender of people he's had relationships with or the length of the relationships, etc.

He told everyone years ago that he was open to relationships with men and now he has written an album about his relationship(s) so he has willingly opened himself up to this. No one is going to suddenly start invading his privacy, he is not going to be labelled any more than he already has been. He's 29 years old and there is no reason he can't discuss non-identifying details of his relationships, the same way artists 10 years younger than he is do all the time.

I have the same feeling about it :thumb_yello:

We perceive through all he said, since ancient times, now with TOOL :wub2: I believe that him will be open to this subject.

is he still not open enough?well maybe it's painful to keep secret under the spotlight,that's why he emphasizes that he is not just a singer but a songwriter,he doesn't like public life,i think,and finally he has to give up and tell people what happened to him in order to get released.

Aw poor Mika, I think he's suffered a lot recently! :(

But yeah, I did know about what he said about relationships with men, and I appreciate him. I hate all those people who have prejudices against gay people! xD

Unfortunately, there is still homophobic bullying and prejudice going on, which is maybe why he keeps so quiet on the subject. He has been bullied lots in the past. :( I'll support him whatever and he seems to need it at the moment. He really has had a rough time over the past couple of years.

Me too! :yay:

Yup me three!:thumb_yello:

What's more, I'll celebrate by listening to Celebrate! :groovy:

He is not only coming home but coming out, too! :yay:

:roftl:

That is exactly what I thought when I first heard the words of that song.

I'm actually really pleased that Mika says basically that he knows his biggest fans will all be accepting of him when he says his partner is a man. Because we have always said that.

He seems so much more comfortable with life in his interviews. I would hazard a guess and say that he and his partner must be very happy and content with their lives if he has become willing to mention him openly. I think it's just lovely:wub2:

Not sure that it's a problem to be gay in London especially in the artistic cosmos :wink2: To be an artist and gay it's quite common :fisch:

If you are gay, straight or bi artist it change nothing in the music industry :doh:

Homosexuals are not persecuted every where in the world like lot of people think :doh: In some countries yes it is not good to be homosexual you could be taken to prison or to death :aah:

I really think Mika don't want be label as gay, he said he had a sentimental relasionship with a man for 5 years but he's not saying that he only prefer men, he did not say that now he is with a man :mikacool:

Sometimes things are more complicated, I have a friend who is gay and he was with a man gay too, but a day his boyfriend left him for a woman with whom he fell in love, he married her and they are happy together since 5 years.

There was also that time, when he sang at that thing where Barak Obama was. He did the show after the whatever-it-was. Anyway... The interviewer asked for his opinion on gay marraige and Mika said, if I remember right

"If in the future I wanted to marry a man, shouldn't I be able to?"

That confirmed it for me, because he could have said, something like...

"I see nothing wrong with gay marraige. If two men want to get married they should be able to do so."

Oh I just noticed a post above where a poster says. Maybe he's with a woman now. Well, if he was with a woman, why would he need to say anything about the previous relationship, other that, he was in a relationship for five years? But he actually offered the information. That says, to me anyway, he IS with a man and he's going to be open about it. In that lovely interview, which was on video recently, when the nice guy asked him about sexuality, he didn't skirt around it. He said that basically, young musicians should come out when they're ready, when they're comfortable to do so. He said he was in a good place now (or words to that effect)

So that's what I think anyway.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin