MSN interview with MIKA August, 9th 2012

LaraMay

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I already learned by heart most part of his every interview :naughty:

Instead of talking about "moved to Paris" and "empowering" we have some new repetitive stories :fisch:

I was just going to post the same. I'm getting tired of this script. :naughty:

But that's great news for Brazilians. Why is the record company surprised that people know his songs? Surely some of them must have bought the songs. :doh:

I already learned by heart most part of his every interview :naughty:

Instead of talking about "moved to Paris" and "empowering" we have some new repetitive stories :fisch:

I was just going to post the same. I'm getting tired of this script. :naughty:

But that's great news for Brazilians. Why is the record company surprised that people know his songs? Surely some of them must have bought the songs. :doh:

I think that just means that we're watching too many of his interviews. Fortunately, it's only a matter of time before he will get tired of it as well, and then we can all discuss his inconsistencies and the unlikeliness of his stories again :mf_rosetinted:

I think that just means that we're watching too many of his interviews. Fortunately, it's only a matter of time before he will get tired of it as well, and then we can all discuss his inconsistencies and the unlikeliness of his stories again :mf_rosetinted:

Poor boy thinks that he tells the story once for each country, so no-one will notice :teehee:

Thanks again :huglove:

ok I'm crazy with this interview :naughty: I wanted to share a video of Milton Nascimento, as Mika speaks of him in all the interviews again and again .....:doh:

Milton is a Brazilian icon :wub2:

[YOUTUBE]csw79TJcgqU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]lXo7v7t5vOc[/YOUTUBE]

Exactly! I was annoyed that in Olimpics they asked the same old questions, despite people in Twitter asked such a witty ones!

But you have to keep in mind that those interviews are for the wide audience, not for hardcore fans. They haven't heart all the interviews Mika did before and for them it's interesting to hear about the collaborations etc. - and the purpose of those interviews is mostly to get people interested in him and the album after all, its promo-work.

But you have to keep in mind that those interviews are for the wide audience, not for hardcore fans. They haven't heart all the interviews Mika did before and for them it's interesting to hear about the collaborations etc. - and the purpose of those interviews is mostly to get people interested in him and the album after all, its promo-work.

I know, I know... :dunno:

At least, we have something to discuss and have fun :wink2:

Btw, it would be brilliant if he did a vlog answering some of those Twitter questions! *goes on dreaming*

Not me. :mf_rosetinted:

Yessssssssssssssssss, happy can't even describe it. But, Mika, please, give me time to recover from this year's madne$$. :naughty:

Oh, by the way, let me add that it's Milton Nascimento, and not Milton Nascimiento. And it's Mariza, not Marizia. :aah:

OH MIKA :swoon::swoon:

just wondering who were the fans that sent the questions... :aah:

and, dear Mika, i sang all songs too... at home... so. COME SOON! thanks...

Not me. :mf_rosetinted:

Yessssssssssssssssss, happy can't even describe it. But, Mika, please, give me time to recover from this year's madne$$. :naughty:

Oh, by the way, let me add that it's Milton Nascimento, and not Milton Nascimiento. And it's Mariza, not Marizia. :aah:

true story...

:mikacool:

Thanks again :huglove:

ok I'm crazy with this interview :naughty: I wanted to share a video of Milton Nascimento, as Mika speaks of him in all the interviews again and again .....:doh:

Milton is a Brazilian icon :wub2:

[YOUTUBE]csw79TJcgqU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]lXo7v7t5vOc[/YOUTUBE]

:mikalove:

love MIlton too!!!

here 2 more songs, that i love as well, where he uses some falsetos... maybe that's why Mika loves him too...

:mikalove:

[YOUTUBE]q0RjFhymjho[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]S_VhxSagVpE[/YOUTUBE]

(the 1st singer is Chico Buarque and the 2nd Elis Regina, love both! and Milton did many, many things with them.)

:wub2:

Edited by Wesley Müller

It's more interesting than the English one, I think. A bit less repetitive. As far as I can understand it, that is. Did I get this right? Usually he wants France to win in a sports match but now that the games are in London and there's such a great atmosphere there and it would be good for the economy if they won some medals, he supports the UK? French speakers, pretty please?

It's more interesting than the English one, I think. A bit less repetitive. As far as I can understand it, that is. Did I get this right? Usually he wants France to win in a sports match but now that the games are in London and there's such a great atmosphere there and it would be good for the economy if they won some medals, he supports the UK? French speakers, pretty please?

I'll translate the whole interview but regarding sports he says he supports France in football but for the Olympics as it's in London and it cost a lot of money and the other reasons you mentioned he's cheering for GB :wink2:

I'll translate the whole interview but regarding sports he says he supports France in football but for the Olympics as it's in London and it cost a lot of money and the other reasons you mentioned he's cheering for GB :wink2:

Ah, so I was at least more or less right... too bad that listening to Mika's French is probably not the best way to improve my French :naughty:

Translation of the French interview

You are of a multicultural origin, so who will you support at the Olympics?

For me it's a bit difficult to decide who I'll support at the Olympics simply because I come from Lebanon, I grew up in France and also in England and so... I don't know, generally for football I'm for France I have to say, but also now I think that the Olympics are in London, they spent plenty of money and I think that for the atmosphere and maybe even for economy it would be very good if they win some medals. So I'll say I support Great Britain. I don't even know if Lebanese have an Olympic team... it's not very good not to know but I don't know at the moment. I'm cheering for GB.

You live in London. Do you plan to go and watch the Olympics?

I think I'm going to go watch diving (:roftl: he uses a non existent French word for diving, that made me laugh) simply because I love the Centre that was made by the architect Zaha Hadid, I think it's beautiful. And also I'll perform in the middle of the Olympics I think during the half time of a volleyball tournament. It's in the sand in the middle of the match and we'll perform for 5 or 6 minutes, just in front of Buckingham Palace, it's going to be great. There will be dancers and stuff like that. It's a surprise for people who will be at the match.

Why did you choose to make a whole album about love?

My new album is called The Origin of Love and it started with this song called The Origin of Love and I don't know it's like a personal diary on a 12 months period. And during this time I realised that basically all songs we write in our lifetime are about desire or love. Most of them. In one way or another. And I thought why not write an album about love with 12 songs but love songs that are completely different and completely out of the normal sound from love songs. EMD for example is a love song about love between the mother and her son and Celebrate talks about love, about a break up but they are not piano ballads with the 80s style. Not at all. I also liked the idea that the title was a bit like an old book, a classic, and I always like album titles that are more like a movie title, something from cinema, not necessarily like an album. And so I always choose titles that evoke a lot of images and a whole visual world. And while talking about love, the truth is I actually talk about life. About a bit of everything. Because we can't talk about love in a clever way if we are not talking about life.