MIKA @ Webster Hall, New York City 15 October 2012

dcdeb

YUPPPP!!!

I'm bringing my bf to his first mika concert! we'll probably have to watch from the back coz he's 6'7 and people would hate us if we're up front. But I'm still planning on queuing early just to hang out for old times sake! :blush-anim-cl:

FINALLY someone to make MIKA look (not as tall) {dare I say short} :teehee:

:roftl:

My son is 6'3" . . . . should I make him stand in the back too!? :aah:

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

YUPPPP!!!

I'm bringing my bf to his first mika concert! we'll probably have to watch from the back coz he's 6'7 and people would hate us if we're up front. But I'm still planning on queuing early just to hang out for old times sake! :blush-anim-cl:

That's awesome!!!!!! My hubby went with me the first two and then he decided to stop lol

FINALLY someone to make MIKA look (not as tall) {dare I say short} :teehee:

:roftl:

My son is 6'3" . . . . should I make him stand in the back too!? :aah:

I just noticed your comment. I'm glad you both can make it. Hope to see you

:shocked:

You didn't get ANYthing? There must be tickets somewhere (and I mean

affordable tickets, not rip-off StubHub tix). :sneaky2:

Sorry I was gone for the weekend... But no, I couldn't find any. Everything was sold out

Hi everyone! I am officially a resident of NYC now and YES the Webster Hall is actually one block down the street from me. What even I can't :doh:

Anyways, I called the location to ask about the 18+ .... one lady said it would be fine if I was with an adult (ohh yeahhhh!) and another one said that i had to be 18.. I ain't worrying about anything though :fisch:

Hi everyone! I am officially a resident of NYC now and YES the Webster Hall is actually one block down the street from me. What even I can't :doh:

Anyways, I called the location to ask about the 18+ .... one lady said it would be fine if I was with an adult (ohh yeahhhh!) and another one said that i had to be 18.. I ain't worrying about anything though :fisch:

that couldn't be much more convenient :aah:

i've been wondering, can someone under 18 just go in with an MFCer s/he meets in the queue, if being w/ an adult is ok i mean?

i've been wondering, can someone under 18 just go in with an MFCer s/he meets in the queue, if being w/ an adult is ok i mean?

Superstar is with us, she'll be fine. :wink2:

If I recall they had age restrictions at Le Poisson Rouge and everyone got in anyway.

Superstar is with us, she'll be fine. :wink2:

If I recall they had age restrictions at Le Poisson Rouge and everyone got in anyway.

:mf_rosetinted: oh yeah, that's right, I'm with the cool people. Christine, you can be my legal guardian!!!

FROM MIKASOUNDS:

It has taken ages to go through all the amazing entries we had for the Webster Hall reporter competition! It was really hard to choose a winner...in fact it was so hard, we have chosen 1 winner but also 3 other runners up to each get tickets to the New York shows! Congratulations to Ann Marie Gayz, who will be writing the review, and to Erinn Conlon, Larry Gondelman and Lauren Davren who have each won tickets! Thank to everyone who entered, stay tuned for the next competition…

:mf_rosetinted:

Edited by dcdeb

FROM MIKASOUNDS:

It has taken ages to go through all the amazing entries we had for the Webster Hall reporter competition! It was really hard to choose a winner...in fact it was so hard, we have chosen 1 winner but also 3 other runners up to each get tickets to the New York shows! Congratulations to Ann Marie Gayz, who will be writing the review, and to Erinn Conlon, Larry Gondelman and Lauren Davren who have each won tickets! Thank to everyone who entered, stay tuned for the next competition…

:mf_rosetinted:

I think it's great that they gave extra tickets out -- these shows sold out so quickly, I'm sure there were tons of fans who were left out in the cold.

:thumb_yello:

Just a little more than a month away! :excite:

IS ANYONE ELSE FREAKING OUT. BECAUSE I AM FREAKING OUT. !!..!

I really don't have a lot to say other than that New York is going to be GORGEOUS in October. I walk by the venue on my way to class (surreal :naughty:) and I've seen people queueing there before. That's going to be us. Yeah Christine. I'm going to queue my @$$ off

When is everyone getting to town? We could do an MFC dinner the night before!

Just a little more than a month away! :excite:

IS ANYONE ELSE FREAKING OUT. BECAUSE I AM FREAKING OUT. !!..!

I really don't have a lot to say other than that New York is going to be GORGEOUS in October. I walk by the venue on my way to class (surreal :naughty:) and I've seen people queueing there before. That's going to be us. Yeah Christine. I'm going to queue my @$$ off

When is everyone getting to town? We could do an MFC dinner the night before!

I'm not freaking out, but only because I just saw Mika few weeks ago -- how long has it been for you, Kira?

I get in Sunday afternoon, unless something changes. I'd be interested in getting together for a meal the night before. :)

And I don't know about queuing my a$$ off but... well, we'll see... :naughty:

I'm not freaking out, but only because I just saw Mika few weeks ago -- how long has it been for you, Kira?

I get in Sunday afternoon, unless something changes. I'd be interested in getting together for a meal the night before. :)

And I don't know about queuing my a$$ off but... well, we'll see... :naughty:

Yay! It's been approximately 14 months - since July 2011! I just can't wait to see him 2 nights in a row ... never done it before. And I have midterms on October 17th BRING IT ON!!

We can communicate about an MFC dinner as the time approaches. Are you staying close to the venue? We could always eat at my dorm's dining hall .... NOT!!! :puke:

:

Really bummed the NYC shows are 18+. Wonder if there is anyway I could get in since I would be with my mom and brother!? Maybe I will take the chance????? Anyways I get to go to the Chicago show and both L.A. shows so - still gonna be a blast. This is my first time seeing Mika. I doubt he can live up to all of my mother's hype :naughty: we will see. :aah:

Really bummed the NYC shows are 18+. Wonder if there is anyway I could get in since I would be with my mom and brother!? Maybe I will take the chance????? Anyways I get to go to the Chicago show and both L.A. shows so - still gonna be a blast. This is my first time seeing Mika. I doubt he can live up to all of my mother's hype :naughty: we will see. :aah:

Hey Alysia! From what I can tell the venue is pretty strict about age, but BUT that doesn't mean you can't try. Maybe you can just say that you don't have an ID and the rest of us can vouch for you :naughty:

• 3 weeks later...
That's awesome!!!!!! My hubby went with me the first two and then he decided to stop lol

super late reply, school has been super busy. but yessss I'm so excited!

Are you going to both monday and tuesday concerts? I only have tickets to mondays and I'll probably have to hang in the back with my giant. And what time are you getting there on monday?

im cutting law school, what a rebel. haha :naughty:

Looks like we have an opening act for both NYC shows now:

The Dolls: Mia Moretti & Caitlin Moe

[YOUTUBE]-RMhacTpBFY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]aJRPQoc6Fq4[/YOUTUBE]

Also, meant to add:

It seems that the Bowery (which Webster Hall is part of) has been streaming lots of shows live lately. This is the youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/bowerypresents

They don't have their list of shows for the middle of October yet, but there's a chance they might stream the Mika show. :crossed: