French article in Yagg about The Origin Of Love

crazyaboutmika

http://yagg.com/2012/08/24/mika-des-nouvelles-de-lalbum-nouveau-single-des-legumes/

Translation in English

A few weeks before the release of his new album , The Origin Of Love (on September 17th , but on October 8th in UK) , the singer Mika who recently made his (second) coming out just revealed the names of the titles (see at the end of this page) and the cover.

In an interview he gave to Gala magazine, the singer says again that the strengh that his sister Paloma , who is learing how to walk again , after she fell from a fourth floor in 2010, was the "trigger of his new album".

"I often fell in love with people who didn't love me" he says , precising he has already wanted to die because of love. I don't think I could have written such an album before . I used to live love through others , This time I explore, I discover , I look for its origin.

link to Mika's official vid of Celebrate

link to Track by track (The Making Of China Boy)

The making of in which Mika says it all started out with a song he was working on with Pharell Williams .

Link to Celebrate (veggies and saved from the trash instruments version) The song starts at 2.26

The titles (that list could change depending on the countries):

1. Origin Of Love

2. Lola

3. Stardust

4. Make You Happy

5. Underwater

6. Overrated

7. Kids

8. Love You When I'm Drunk

9. Step With Me

10. Popular Song

11. Emily

12. Heroes

13. Celebrate

14. Elle Me Dit

With bonuses in the deluxe version, remixes, accoustic and exclusive songs :

1. Karen

2. L'Amour Dans Le Mauvais Temps

3. Un Soleil Mal Luné

4. Make You Happy (Cherokee Remix)

5. Celebrate (Robbie Rivera Remix)

6. Elle Me Dit (BeataCue Remix)

7. Make You Happy (LA Edit)

8. Tah Dah

I hope that wasn't posted before.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://yagg.com/2012/08/24/mika-des-nouvelles-de-lalbum-nouveau-single-des-legumes/

The titles (that list could change depending on the countries):

1. Origin Of Love

2. Lola

3. Stardust

4. Make You Happy

5. Underwater

6. Overrated

7. Kids

8. Love You When I'm Drunk

9. Step With Me

10. Popular Song

11. Emily

12. Heroes

13. Celebrate

14. Elle Me Dit

With bonuses in the deluxe version, remixes, accoustic and exclusive songs :

1. Karen

2. L'Amour Dans Le Mauvais Temps

3. Un Soleil Mal Luné

4. Make You Happy (Cherokee Remix)

5. Celebrate (Robbie Rivera Remix)

6. Elle Me Dit (BeataCue Remix)

7. Make You Happy (LA Edit)

8. Tah Dah

I hope that wasn't posted before.

Thanks a lot for posting & translating !!

I'd love to get the French version 2CD !!! :wub2:

Thanks a lot for posting & translating !!

I'd love to get the French version 2CD !!! :wub2:

You will :blush-anim-cl:

I think "L'amour dans le mauvais temps" could a French version of "Blame it it on the weather" because of the title, but I can't be sure till I hear it :naughty:

you think it sounds like "blame it on the weather" but in french...? Or a brand new song?

I really have no clue but some French fans suggested ithis title sounds like it could be BIOTW.

I wouldn't mind it, actually. Firstly because the harmonies are really good on that song and they (meaning Greg and Mika) may have transferred it into something really sweet sounding without being cheesy and secondly because I hope he did not waste more time writing with that French guy whose name now escapes me.:naughty:

I really have no clue but some French fans suggested ithis title sounds like it could be BIOTW.

I wouldn't mind it, actually. Firstly because the harmonies are really good on that song and they (meaning Greg and Mika) may have transferred it into something really sweet sounding without being cheesy and secondly because I hope he did not waste more time writing with that French guy whose name now escapes me.:naughty:

If I remember correctly, I think he wroteBlame it onthe weather with Doriand so it's a safe guess to assume he wrote the french version with him as well... If it's the same song!

If I remember correctly, I think he wroteBlame it onthe weather with Doriand so it's a safe guess to assume he wrote the french version with him as well... If it's the same song!

Yes, but I meant that hopefully he used completely different arrangements when recording it with Greg as the one version we heard live sounded really cheesy and old-fashioned. (I won't care about the lyrics if it is in French). How they recorded it will make all the difference. In theory, the recorded version could turn out to sound completely different from the one we heard live last year.

In fact, it may have been a French song since the beginning, and hence Doriand's contribution to it, but they may have done a last minute translation of the lyrics before Compiegne so that Mika could sing that with Ida.

Edited by suzie

Yes, but I meant that hopefully he used completely different arrangements when recording it with Greg as the one version we heard live sounded really cheesy and old-fashioned. (I won't care about the lyrics if it is in French). How they recorded it will make all the difference. In theory, the recorded version could turn out to sound completely different from the one we heard live last year.

In fact, it may have been a French song since the beginning, and hence Doriand's contribution to it, but they may have done a last minute translation of the lyrics before Compiegne so that Mika could sing that with Ida.

I understand... Well I guess it's wait and see for the end result, right?