Mikasounds and Twitter updates - Part 11

guylainem123

Because he's uploaded a baby picture of himself as his profile pic, other fans have uploaded baby pics of themselves, to join in with him and #Celebrate

I couldn't add one because my baby pics are black&white, on paper, and falling to bits because they are SOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOLD!!!

Yar, that just clicked in my head when I checked twitter. :naughty: Surely they aren't that old! :naughty:

I'd upload mine, but the embarrassment would hurt.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Of course! I knew I knew it somehow. It is funny.

Someone on twitter has said that Celebrate isn't doing well on iTunes. It's not even in the top 100, I'm going to download my copy in a few minutes. But everyone on twitter is trying to trend #Celebrate and it wouldn't hurt for people to tweet @BBCR1. That's the most listened to station for pop music in the UK. He needs Radio One. He's been busting his butt around all other stations, but R1 is the most influencial and the one listened to the most by downloaders of singles.

The other radio appearances would help the album, but not the single. We really need to get Radio One to take notice of this song.

To be honest the radio stations he's been on here, aren't big stations, apart from R2. He went to one BBC local station in Kent, and I don't think that will be syndicated around to all the other BBC local stations, I've never heard any other persons interview from another branch.

He was in Manchester, but he didn't go on Capital or Piccadilly radio, which would have got him a lot of attention up there (I assume they are still the 2 biggest commercial stations there aren't they?). In London, he never went on Capital,or Absolute radio. Nationwide, the biggest commercial station is Heart FM, not a peep of him on there.

Unless he goes on Nick Grimshaw or Scott Mills shows on R1 this week or the next, I think we can say that R1 is a lost cause, now they have revamped, and seem only interested in the likes of 1 Direction (or any X Factor act), Justin Beiber, Mumford and Sons, or any indie type band. He just doesn't seem to fit in their "cool" image now.

To be honest the radio stations he's been on here, aren't big stations, apart from R2. He went to one BBC local station in Kent, and I don't think that will be syndicated around to all the other BBC local stations, I've never heard any other persons interview from another branch.

He was in Manchester, but he didn't go on Capital or Piccadilly radio, which would have got him a lot of attention up there (I assume they are still the 2 biggest commercial stations there aren't they?). In London, he never went on Capital,or Absolute radio. Nationwide, the biggest commercial station is Heart FM, not a peep of him on there.

Unless he goes on Nick Grimshaw or Scott Mills shows on R1 this week or the next, I think we can say that R1 is a lost cause, now they have revamped, and seem only interested in the likes of 1 Direction (or any X Factor act), Justin Beiber, Mumford and Sons, or any indie type band. He just doesn't seem to fit in their "cool" image now.

Sad celebrate isnt doing well :( he should go to Grimshaw's show since they Seem to get along well! Its so frustrating radio stations are only focused in 1D and Justin bieber! And wont pay attention to good pop songs like celebrate :/

In London, he never went on Capital,or Absolute radio. Nationwide, the biggest commercial station is Heart FM, not a peep of him on there.

This makes me sad because that's where I discovered him and they were huge supporters of LICM all the way through the release of Happy Ending. But they changed their format and then TBWKTM came out and they never played his new stuff. :huh:

To be honest I think the only way he will get on big UK radio stations is if we spam them? It works for one direction and bieber fans? It might work for us?

To be honest I don't think that's why they play ID and JB. They play their songs because they are big right now, a lot of people listen to them and talk about them, not so many listen and talk about Mika.

Does anyone know when that show Manneke Paul wih Mika is on tv ?

Monday at 22.40H (Dutch & Belgian time) at VTM (Belgian commercial TV)

http://www.facebook.com/MannekePaul

The FB-page says the show is watchable via FB....

Het nieuwe programma van Paul de Leeuw: elke maandag en donderdagavond op VTM maar ook te volgen op deze facebookpagina. Tweet mee via #MannekePaul.

To be honest I don't think that's why they play ID and JB. They play their songs because they are big right now, a lot of people listen to them and talk about them, not so many listen and talk about Mika.

They don't talk about Mika because he's not on the radio. When he first started getting airplay on the radio in the UK he was virtually unknown.

Well 1D and JB were probably bad examples but take Jedward! Tonight their fans spammed a radio 1 presenter until she played their new song (it hadn't been played on radio 1 yet) they got it trending aswell!

Monday at 22.40H (Dutch & Belgian time) at VTM (Belgian commercial TV)

http://www.facebook.com/MannekePaul

The FB-page says the show is watchable via FB....

Het nieuwe programma van Paul de Leeuw: elke maandag en donderdagavond op VTM maar ook te volgen op deze facebookpagina. Tweet mee via #MannekePaul.

I can't wait to watch it *__*

It was so cool to be there :blush-anim-cl:

Paul was pretty funny... It took me a while to get used to his accent, though.. XD

They don't talk about Mika because he's not on the radio. When he first started getting airplay on the radio in the UK he was virtually unknown.

Well yes, but I just don't think you can compare Mika to 1D and JB and the reason why their songs are played on the radio. A lot of the songs on radio are played just because of the artist, not the songs.

I think Grace Kelly is fresher than Celebrate, and that's the reason why Mika got airplay. But I have hopes for Celebrate!

Well 1D and JB were probably bad examples but take Jedward! Tonight their fans spammed a radio 1 presenter until she played their new song (it hadn't been played on radio 1 yet) they got it trending aswell!

Okay didn't know that. Maybe you should try, but don't know if it will work. The risk is that it will get the opposite effect.

Well yes, but I just don't think you can compare Mika to 1D and JB and the reason why their songs are played on the radio. A lot of the songs on radio are played just because of the artist, not the songs.

It's a catch-22. People don't know who they are until the artist gets on the radio. People will listen to anything that's catchy and on high rotation. I don't care about One Direction. I just like one of their songs.