2012 - Webster Hall, New York USA, October 15 - REPORTS / PICTURES / VIDEOS

guylainem123

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jonathan Scott ‏@MrSilverScott

What can I say, opening night of the international tour...@mikasounds is simply awesome! http://say.ly/wuK4nJh

@MrSilverScott: If you don't have Origins Of Love...what are you doing?! Incredible concert, great guy! @mikasounds http://say.ly/qdr4nJY

Videos by Dianna2Ns

Awesome moment of tonight: @mikasounds covering "Popular" from @WIKED_Musical with a little help from @polkadotdolls :)

http://www.mobli.com/media/show/id/20984265

Edited by BiaIchihara

Hey mfc! On my phone so this report will be brief! Operation Mika at Webster hall was a great success! Queue was uneventful, they moved everyone inside about half an hour before doors because it was raining. Thanks to deb's magical powers the non existent presale tickets weren't an issue. MFC front row, venue was cozy! Three feet between us and the stage-awesome! Opening act was cute and fun, two girls, 1 dje while the other rocked out on violin. Mika came on about ten minutes early (miracles do happen!) And played a great mix of old and new. Great crowd energy. Underwater was phenom even though he flubbed the lyrics, i LOVED celebrate even though it's one of my least favorites from the album. The crowd energy was great even though many people didn't know the new stuff. oops i wrote even though so many times.....excuse me! polka dot fan choir was also really fun and clearly having a great time. Someone already posted the pic of Mikas on stage pilates...whew!!

Forgot to take a merch stand pic but 3 cute shirts, hoodie, poster, tote, CD etc. we waited out in the rain and Mika signed for a bit but had to rush off "for cnn." Riiiight. He was clearly happy and the show was beautiful. I will write a proper report when all this is over. Can't wait to do it all again tomorrow night!

Ps, great to meet all the new + old mfcers. :wub2:

Goodnight !

If it weren't nearly 2:30 in the morning I'd be a little more articulate, but since it's been a long, long, day, I'll just sum up.

Mika was simply spectacular. I can't even begin to describe the show he put on -- he was so vibrant, so clearly full of joy... and I couldn't have asked for a better spot, front and center, and so close to the stage. So close that I never needed to zoom, and was reluctant to use flash with my camera.

We saw Mika briefly when he arrived at the venue, and then he came out for a short time afterward and signed for about 5 minutes -- saying he couldn't stay long as he had to be up at 7 a.m. for a CNN (?) interview? We'll have to check on that...

For now, just a few photos... I'll try let my videos upload overnight.

525020_10152163328455321_2092805602_n.jpg

58751_10152163328650321_1120290319_n.jpg

487591_10152163328835321_535284520_n.jpg

540936_10152163347290321_112007440_n.jpg

150372_10152163347795321_1481990672_n.jpg

Edited by dcdeb

Who am I kidding? I can't get to sleep yet. :naughty: So here's Love You When I'm Drunk. :wub2:

I'll try to do better tomorrow.

I just love that I can say "tomorrow" -- as in I'm seeing Mika two days in a row.

:swoon:

[YOUTUBE]PGN7O9ibJj4[/YOUTUBE]

Aw deb, thanks for posting the video - especially love the little wiggle near the end:aah:

What a night you had, back to the Mika partay mode :wub2:

I have to say, I love that it's much more about the music this time round. No over the top sets, just pure MIKA!!

And here's my girls:

A5Sw3hBCMAAEVer.jpg

Edited by Blue Sky

thanks everyone for your first reports, pix and videos! :flowers2:

setlist: :wub2: (tho i wouldn't have minded step with me and kids... but he might add them later...)

lywid & popular: :wub2:

you being so close to the stage: :wub2:

mika & band: :wub2:

fan choir: :wub2:

fan choir's outfits: :sneaky2:

:naughty:

Who am I kidding? I can't get to sleep yet. :naughty: So here's Love You When I'm Drunk. :wub2:

I'll try to do better tomorrow.

I just love that I can say "tomorrow" -- as in I'm seeing Mika two days in a row.

:swoon:

[YOUTUBE]PGN7O9ibJj4[/YOUTUBE]

clearly they KNEW how to play it :naughty:

amazing, all the Mika you can dream of...close, no props, simply dressed, almost acustic!

but the hat!!! :doh:

and....the sexiest gay man in the world for straight women to watch...let me say! :swoon:

thanks everyone for your first reports, pix and videos! :flowers 2:

setlist: :wub2: (tho i wouldn't have minded step with me and kids... but he might add them later...)

lywid & popular: :wub2:

you being so close to the stage: :wub2:

mika & band: :wub2:

fan choir: :wub2:

fan choir's outfits: :sneaky2:

:naughty:

And here we have the fangurl mod!!! :wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

LOL

clearly they KNEW how to play it :na ughty:

amazing, all the Mika you can dream of...close, no props, simply dressed, almost acustic!

and....the sexiest gay man in the world for straight women to watch...let me say! :swo on:

Gay? :shocked:

clearly they KNEW how to play it :naughty:

:

oh yes, you're right, i forgot that:

mika's hat: :sneaky2::aah::banghead:

I´m gonna :shun: two mods in just one post:

:shun:

Mika looks sexy, posh and hot with that hat.

:shun:

each to their own, but seriously: he has a whole gig to please everyone, those who like and those who dislike the hat. still, the hat is on every f*ing photo and video that has been posted so far! :aah: i'm not even asking for him to ditch it completely (though *i* would definitely prefer that... :teehee:) - but just half the gig would be nice? :pray:

btw, i love how in that popular video that was posted on the first page he introduces his fan choir with "my friends i met only 3 hours ago" and then crosses himself. :lmfao: can't wait to see a good quality video with the fan choir! were they doing well for all the songs? did mika interact with them a few times?

Edited by mellody

each to their own, but seriously: he has a whole gig to please everyone, those who like and those who dislike the hat. still, the hat is on every f*ing photo and video that has been posted so far! :aah: i'm not even asking for him to ditch it completely (though *i* would definitely prefer that... :teehee:) - but just half the gig would be nice? :pray:

We should have some requests done before every gig: about the hat, the opening song, shirtless/no shirtless, playing piano/dancing on it, acoustic/electronic... maybe the only thing we all agree is that he needs to not play Billy Brown anymore :aah:

We should have some requests done before every gig: about the hat, the opening song, shirtless/no shirtless, playing piano/dancing on it, acoustic/electronic... maybe the only thing we all agree is that he needs to not play Billy Brown anymore :aah:

I like Billy Brown :shun: