Mika @ Paradiso, Amsterdam, THE NETHERLANDS, 27-10-2012: REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

dcdeb

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it was so expensive!! And the quality isn't that high as it was on the first tour!! And That hoodie! freaking 60 euros :shocked: I can not pay that!

Really ? :( I hoped they'd keep the same standards for the clothing :(

I wanted to buy one but if the quality is lacking, I might as well forget about it ><'

What do they look like ? :teehee:

I've just seen they added this tee online : http://mika.shop.bravadousa.com/Product.aspx?cp=21924_23422&pc=BGCTIK12

I've also seen the Golden Mika black tee and the CD picture tee but that's it, I think ... *30 euros ... Grrr *

They edited the review on Festivalinfo, after I said something about it :blush-anim-cl:

http://www.podiuminfo.nl/review/2333/Mika_-_2710_-_Paradiso/

:thumb_yello:

So... Mika's show is not suitable for people that don't like glee. That kind of sums it up, doesn't it :lmfao:

I only glanced at it before, but it looks a lot better now. Well done Biekje :thumb_yello:

Sure you do...

Well... I don't know about the other polka dot choirs, but I do know this one was quite an eye catcher, especially you :naughty:

I thought I was pretty chilled still:mf_rosetinted:

:lmfao: There was a woman who said you were too wild for a mika gig??? :lmfao:

Yeah, on national radio too:naughty:

Yeah, on national radio too:naughty:

Nonsense!!! :doh:How can one be too exuberant at a Mika gig as part of the Polka Dot Choir - part of the frickin show!!!!

you gave added zing ting ting!:wink2:

Girl, you were moving more than Mika!

Teasing aside though, I really admired you for your confidence and stage presence there (the reason I don't say anything about the singing is that I couldn't hear individual voices in the choir, which is exactly as it should be).

Loved the gig, and I really enjoyed meeting MFC-ers I haven't seen for such a long time. I had a nice day with Shady and WeeAlx, although he might think otherwise now he's discovered I'm not the quiet and decent lady he had expected :aah:

Paradiso is a beautiful venue, and from the fourth row I had an amazing good view.

paradiso01.jpg

paradiso02.jpg

paradiso03.jpg

Only two bits on video:the beginning of Lola, and a bit of Popular Song.

[YOUTUBE]kgMEOSJeb3I[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]eD217FJISuM[/YOUTUBE]

Loved the gig, and I really enjoyed meeting MFC-ers I haven't seen for such a long time. I had a nice day with Shady and WeeAlx, although he might think otherwise now he's discovered I'm not the quiet and decent lady he had expected :aah:

Paradiso is a beautiful venue, and from the fourth row I had an amazing good view.

paradiso01.jpg

paradiso02.jpg

paradiso03.jpg

Only two bits on video:the beginning of Lola, and a bit of Popular Song.

[YOUTUBE]kgMEOSJeb3I[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]eD217FJISuM[/YOUTUBE]

Love the Lola vid! ^^ I thought that was so funny haha! We are show offs! :naughty:

Yay! I did it! :yay: Uploaded the better pictures. And basically all of the choir ones. If anyone wants any picture without my name on it just tell me :wink2:

The album is here: http://s745.photobucket.com/albums/xx92/Statue_of_Liberty/Mika%20Paradiso%2027th%20October%202012/

Thanx!!! Your pictures are fantastic. So your new camera ist a really good one. :thumb_yello:

Girl, you were moving more than Mika!

Teasing aside though, I really admired you for your confidence and stage presence there (the reason I don't say anything about the singing is that I couldn't hear individual voices in the choir, which is exactly as it should be).

I always just think, you know, I'm never going to see those people again anyway, so who cares what they think?:mf_rosetinted:

And it's good that you didn't because during WAG, my voice broke and then that bastard came over to make sure we shouted even more :naughty:

And this one also just appeared on Twitter:

http://www.jimmyalter.nl/2012/10/28/concertfotos-mika-in-paradiso/

He says: "Review will follow soon"

Here's the promised review:

http://www.jimmyalter.nl/2012/10/30/concert-recensie-vrolijkheid-bij-mika-in-paradiso/

Concert Recensie: Vrolijkheid bij Mika in Paradiso!

Gepubliceerd on 30 oktober 2012 at 09:38 in Foto, Live, Review by MiAmor

Afgelopen zaterdagavond stond Mika in een uitverkocht Paradiso. Hij was naar eigen zeggen blij om weer op het podium te staan na een aantal drukke dagen waarin hij de video van Underwater had opgenomen van zijn nieuwe album The Origin Of Love. Dat was zeker terug te zien in de show die hij daar gaf.

Terwijl het publiek nog wordt opgewarmd door een DJ die de hele top 40 draait, wordt er verlichting op het podium aangezet in de vorm van de letter M. Niet veel later komt de band het podium opgelopen, gevolgd door Mika die nog eerst roept ‘Goedenavond Amsterdam!’ waarna Blame It On The Girls werd ingezet. Mooi begin waarbij de sfeer meteen er goed in komt. Maar met Blue Eyes lijkt dat toch weer een beetje weg te ebben. Het leek er dan ook op dat het eerste gedeelte van de show nodig was om nog op te starten.

Dat maakte Mika later weer helemaal goed. Tijdens Relax, Take It Easy klom hij dan ook op het podium en maakte hij hier en daar wat lol met het publiek, maar ook met de band. De band waarmee hij in het verleden altijd mee heeft getoerd lijkt helemaal te zijn vervangen. De nieuwe band geeft direct ook weer een hele andere uitstraling.

Er kwam uiteraard ook veel nieuw materiaal langs van zijn nieuwe album The Origin Of Live. Het was immers ook zijn eerste optreden in Europa met dit album, dus we hadden de primeur die avond. Een album waarmee Mika het hier en daar over een andere boeg lijkt te gooien. Tracks als Origin Of Love of Emily (Engelse uitvoering van Elle Me Dit) hebben een wat andere sound als waar we Mika van kennen. Die variatie past goed binnen de show en lijkt ook goed te vallen bij het publiek.

Onder meer tijdens Big Girl, Happy Ending en Popular Song kwam er een zangkoor Mika assisteren. Zo ook tijdens Grace Kelly waarbij ze aan het begin met Mika op de grond lagen met de benen omhoog. Hoogtepunt van de show was Stardust, dat werd gespeeld met alleen maar een piano en basgitaar. Het was een show zoals alleen Mika dat kan. Een vrolijk geheel, met veel humor en een goede aankleding. Alhoewel het opstarten van de show ietwat moeizaam ging, kwam het later in de show weer helemaal goed. De tracks van het nieuwe album klonken live erg goed en vielen ook goed in de smaak bij het publiek.

Tekst door Thom Puiman

Foto’s door Chelan Bakker

mika performed Elle Me Dit right and not Emily? I might have picked up some english words during the song, but basically it was Elle Me Dit right?

I think he started it as Elle me Dit, andere the last part was Emily. It was clearly that he French part was too difficult to sing along for the largest part of the crowd:teehee:

Popular- Big Girl - (whack a mole impression at 9.00!:teehee:) and Stardust!

He was having fun and so were the Polka Dot's!!

I'll watch those in a minute ... are you coming to London Vicky ... only gig I'm going too

mika performed Elle Me Dit right and not Emily? I might have picked up some english words during the song, but basically it was Elle Me Dit right?

I think he started it as Elle me Dit, andere the last part was Emily. It was clearly that he French part was too difficult to sing along for the largest part of the crowd:teehee:

Yes, it was a bit of a mix :naughty:

It was a briliant gig. One of my favourites without a doubt. Despite no doubt being very jetlagged Mika put on a brilliant performance. He was so full of energy and life. The longer set was great too. I can cope with an 8 30 start and no support band. :thumb_yello:

We (Myself and Vicky and her family) were to the left of the stage on the two steps which gave us a great view. To be honest it hilarious looking down at at the heads that could barely see over the stage! It was incredibly hoigh. It was the sort of height that you normally get a festival when the crowd is way back.....not right up to it with no barrier. My computer is broken at the mo which means I can't post the pic that I took of Rose to illustarte how far down she was - it really was funny to see.:naughty:

I thought the setlist was a good mix of old and new. I would like to hear a bit more new - particularly Step with me................but I apreciate that he has to do the old crowd pleasers too. I seriously think it is time we started a patition to get BB dropped though.:sneaky2:

It was my first time of hearing Popular Song and LYWID so I enjoyed those.

I always love to hear Origin live.

The choir was great! One of the reasons we had gone to that side of the stage was because Ingie had told Vicky that's that where they would be. It was great fun watching you all have such a brilliant time!

BTW - I would agree with the people who are encouraging anyone to try for it if they are considering it - it's not an issue for me as I know that I can't sing but for anyone who can - please give it a go! It's a brilliant opportunity.

Loved the venue and it was great to meet up with MFCers old and new.

Amsterdam is a beautiful place and this was a fabulous night.

Thanks everyone :huglove:.

I basically agree with your whole report Kath!!!:naughty:

I really loved it - the length of the set was sooooo good!

I love Popular live!

I wish he would do Step too

Billy Brown was one of Ben's faves so i'm glad he did it but yes i'm not too bothered myself! :teehee:

Whack a mole on the front row was hilarious ( not frogs Mika!LOL!) :teehee:

The stage was v high so with my two boys - the side Step was prefect - as you'll see from my videos!

Yulia's hat and mask took a fair bit of stick! ( well she did for bringing the goggles!!:naughty:)

A fabulous venue as i said and his repertoire is now getting so interesting for a longer show!

I took my sons form Edinburgh for the show and couldn't have been more pleased with his performance!

Amsterdam is such a fab place anyway and this was my second gig there....

Ingie and Simone on stage made it soooo much fun - and all the Polka dot's of course ! but i know them very well :wink2:

AMP - how did we manage not too meet????? :doh:

Saskia - i'm so glad it all worked out well :blush-anim-cl:

A whole load of fun and sweet MFCers made all the bits before - after and during extra special! You know who you are :huglove:

I basically agree with your whole report Kath!!!:naughty:

I really loved it - the length of the set was sooooo good!

I love Popular live!

I wish he would do Step too

Billy Brown was one of Ben's faves so i'm glad he did it but yes i'm not too bothered myself! :teehee:

Whack a mole on the front row was hilarious ( not frogs Mika!LOL!) :teehee:

The stage was v high so with my two boys - the side Step was prefect - as you'll see from my videos!

Yulia's hat and mask took a fair bit of stick! ( well she did for bringing the goggles!!:naughty:)

A fabulous venue as i said and his repertoire is now getting so interesting for a longer show!

I took my sons form Edinburgh for the show and couldn't have been more pleased with his performance!

Amsterdam is such a fab place anyway and this was my second gig there....

Ingie and Simone on stage made it soooo much fun - and all the Polka dot's of course ! but i know them very well :wink2:

AMP - how did we manage not too meet????? :doh:

Saskia - i'm so glad it all worked out well :blush-anim-cl:

A whole load of fun and sweet MFCers made all the bits before - after and during extra special! You know who you are :huglove:

It was really great wasn't it. Lovely warm memories. :huglove:

Yes, it was a bit of a mix :naughty:

ok, yeah at some point i picked up some english and was suprised, but i was sure it started in french. nice idea in my opinion, if the french version would have been a hit here it might be easier for people.