MIKA @ Vega, Copenhagen, DENMARK - 29 October 2012 - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

Christine

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unfortunately the other vids are not that good. But my son promised to cut the vids tomorrow so I will try to upload the best parts, chatting etc later.

Actually if you want to, please upload the rest of the songs to. Only recorded stardust and it would be nice to hear the rest of the songs again.

I uploaded some of the concert photos I managed to take here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151508081886978.583503.607956977&type=3

Not the greatest but we weren't that close and had to leave quickly and can I just say that the blue light in his shows always ruin my photos? :sneaky2:

Edit: Here's a link to my Flickr set of the photos as well :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/laramay/sets/72157631891434413/

Edited by LaraMay

I uploaded some of the concert photos I managed to take here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151508081886978.583503.607956977&type=3

Not the greatest but we weren't that close and had to leave quickly and can I just say that the blue light in his shows always ruin my photos? :sneaky2:

Can you please upload them here? Don't have facebook so I can't see them :huh:

Yes lol I'm on my phone ... I'll put it in google translate when I'm on my laptop XD

Ah I see, but I google translated it for you :aah: Not that it really is proper review imo, it's more like a chronicle in which the critic describe his disappointment over Mika's lack of success, at least here in sweden.

Anyway I'm just happy there are at least some swedish recognition of Mika left. :teehee:

CONCERT REVIEW. Our critic Peter Eliasson on Mika's gig at the Great Vega.

Concert

Mika

Large Vega, Copenhagen

October 29

It's been a tough few years for Mika. First, his sister Paloma seriously injured in a fall and then he decided after much speculation to come out as gay. In this situation, maybe not the first thing you think of the hacking career and the link to the poor regeneration of arena acts. Yet it is actually an unequivocal fact. The non grizzled in this category can be counted on the fingers of one hand, and includes Lady Gaga, Muse, Robbie Williams and maybe someone to. Otherwise, it is thin, and the promises that have emerged in recent years has hardly lived up to expectations.

Like for example just Mika. The British broke through with a bang, five years ago when he sold nearly six million copies of his debut Life In Cartoon Motion. Sold-out sports halls waiting for him back in the first tour. But then it has gone downhill, and I mean no artistic or purely qualitative. However, the commercial piece gradually lost momentum. That was why he appeared in a half-full Vega on Monday.

Now it all means always been difficult to track successes, but as the album format is eroded, it has undoubtedly become more difficult to build a career in the long term, where the artist name is stronger than the individual streaming anonymous hit songs. Which is a shame. For the new album The Origin Of Love should already be complete only super hit. Because this is yet another song collection full of durable popkarameller with the sticky choruses standing in line. A little less puffy lets it all, however, which generally reflected the Vega too. Arrangements were thinner, more marked rhythms and the colorful popestetiken dimmed. All this was, of course, the early songs., Including leading Blame It On The Girls, Relax (Take It Easy) and the ultimate leksakspoplåten Lollipop. The Vega was woven together old and new, kind calypso-influenced Blue Eyes and Origin Of Love - one of the most memorable tracks on the new album - and the maturity was, after all, apparently even if frisky equality is still a part of his signature.

Yet you can not deny that the trend towards an adult performer now inevitably has begun. The events mentioned in the introduction has guaranteed understandable accelerated this process, and the number that Lola, the beautiful unconditional love declaration Underwater and flashy like advice Popular gospel song hinting at a certain melancholy - albeit discreet one - not been there before.

All this does not mean in any way that his patented uppspelthet is history. Such as Big Girls (You Are Beautiful) and Love Today showed that Micah still has his most playful side intact. Though a bit of playfulness and underhålllningsvärdet have all disappeared. For stage artist Mika's maturation, therefore, also in writing, both good and bad, even if I am still full of admiration for him as a pure popsmed.

In closing, it was an awesome day but a part of me felt like I had no business being there, I don't know why, but I don't ever want to be on stage with Mika again, I feel at home in the audience with my camera but it was an amazing experience.

Funny. I felt the exact opposite. I never want to have to be in the crowd ever again! :aah::aah:

Thanks for the report! It's cools hearing other choir stories!!

And there was just no one there would have a party with me, it was so boring that most of the choir was just singing. Then it’s a bit hard to have a party when the rest are just so baring to look at. And I felt like we looked like complete idiots because we wasn’t doing the same moves any of us.

I tried to have a party with myself on the stage. But I couldn’t see anything and I felt like the own there was trying to have a party -.-‘ but it was fun.. kinda.. it could have been better and more organized I think it was so poorly organized. Really. We was lost on that stage. I don’t think if they asked me to be in the choir one more time that I would say yes, I would rather see the show from the front row. Or otherwise just be in a other choir like NY, or Amsterdam, they seemed to have so much more fun and have understood the “choir spirit” a bit better than us.

Overall I’m a bit disappointed, I didn’t have that much fun as I thought I would and we needed some more boys in the choir and some more choir spirit. And someone there would have a party with me. And if you read this Chirstine, the BG/LG was a better idea. I can see it might be fun for some people. But I just felt so left out, and was so tired of waiting :aah:

Aye that stinks no one wanted to party! And that everyone wasn't a family. In LA all we wanted to do was hug eachother!

It's weird the choir didnt want to choreograph little things, like they told you....for MIKA at least. It's his show, at least make it look like you're know what you're doing, right? Haha

Sorry you were disappointed. I feel bad because I know how amazing it could have been for you if everyone just let go.

Funny. I felt the exact opposite. I never want to have to be in the crowd ever again! :aah::aah:

Thanks for the report! It's cools hearing other choir stories!!

Aye that stinks no one wanted to party! And that everyone wasn't a family. In LA all we wanted to do was hug eachother!

It's weird the choir didnt want to choreograph little things, like they told you....for MIKA at least. It's his show, at least make it look like you're know what you're doing, right? Haha

Sorry you were disappointed. I feel bad because I know how amazing it could have been for you if everyone just let go.

Lol we did find some dance moves!

They just didnt work on stage :aah: think we forgot them lol

Some of them did work. But others we just completly forgot oncw we was up on that stage :bleh:

Edited by Hippieibbie

Lol we did find some dance moves!

They just didnt work on stage :aah: think we forgot them lol

Some of them did work. But others we just completly forgot oncw we was up on that stage :bleh:

Oh ok! :naughty: haha I know what you mean. I was the only one to do the planned "gangnam style" dance in LA. :aah::doh: losers. haha

We had loads of fun! And enjoyed every minute of it. :)

I would just like to say, that I had a great time. I was in the choir too, and it was just amazing..

So glad to hear you enjoyed it! It's such an honor to be in the choir and it's really great to hear that you loved every minute of it.

Yeah, it was the best gig for ages, the energy and vibe were really good and it was so good to listen to his chatting :wub2: I especially loved Lola. He had some opera singer friends in the audience who answered his singing, so cool! He talked a lot about his grandmother (before SITM I think), about pots and pans and how they all call her "mother" (because grandmother sounds too old) and it's was somehow super cute. I think I have something filmed. Stardust and UW were so good I literally couldn't breath after them. The background looked really good and he was sitting on the chair and singing and I was staring at his profile and thinking "OMG this man can sing SO beautifully". And then I suddenly couldn't breath.

Also, it was so nice people didn't push or be rude afterwards and he signed everyone waiting in the line. I just gave him a film I had bought and he seemed to actually like it (another nice surprise!). So it was quite short but the atmosphere was very nice, it makes wonders when people just wait their turn and stand in a line :thumb_yello:

I met some really nice new Danish people and I have always loved Copenhagen (I could easily live there) so I'm glad I did this one. I will check my vids when I have better time, not sure at all what I have in my camera.

Thanks for the report and Stardust vid Nina!! Glad you had such a great time. Looking forward to seeing the rest of your videos. Even if you say they're not perfect I think it's definitely worth uploading. Would love to hear all the chatting etc.

PS, which film did you give him?

Well in my defence, I did try hard to come up with choir moves and let everyone know about them and practise and stuff. I did want to impress Mika.

And also, we really were like a family, we got along great! Laughed all the time, goofed off, had a blast! :wub2:

And Mika even said we were great. I guess you had to be there but most of the crowd loved our crazy energy on stage. :)

Well in my defence, I did try hard to come up with choir moves and let everyone know about them and practise and stuff. I did want to impress Mika.

And also, we really were like a family, we got along great! Laughed all the time, goofed off, had a blast! :wub2:

And Mika even said we were great. I guess you had to be there but most of the crowd loved our crazy energy on stage. :)

Lara, you were fantastic and it was so much fun!! :wub2: I can't remember partying like that with someone on stage before! Oh, maybe I start to dance and wave at Mika in the same way :mf_rosetinted: He would probably think I've forgot my medicine...

That's what i said! It was just not all there worked out that well as they did backstage:bleh:

And when you all went down on your knees i was always like "**** awkward. I'm the only one up" :aah: i was busy flirting with nina and kata:mf_rosetinted:

That's what i said! It was just not all there worked out that well as they did backstage:bleh:

And when you all went down on your knees i was always like "**** awkward. I'm the only one up" :aah: i was busy flirting with nina and kata:mf_rosetinted:

Lol! Kind of like when I couldn't get up and everyone else did because I was standing on my robe then slipped :aah:

Edited by LaraMay

Lara, you were fantastic and it was so much fun!! :wub2: I can't remember partying like that with someone on stage before! Oh, maybe I start to dance and wave at Mika in the same way :mf_rosetinted: He would probably think I've forgot my medicine...

Thanks Nina! It was so much fun seeing you dance and watch Mika! You were so close! You should definitely start waving at Mika, he'll love it :D