Mika confirms new single 'Origin of Love'

DerMoment1608

The thing isn't that people have forgot about Mika, experienced that today when two people in my class started singing Relax today just out of the blue. The thing is that they don't know he still is doing music and albums. I'm pretty much sure they don't even know about tbwktm. I didn't before I got really into Mika.

He's one of that artists that you still remember, and listen to sometimes, because of his/hers big hit years ago, and now wonder what happened with him/her. That's Mika. Even with Celebrate out Grace Kelly was played more often on the radio here in Sweden. And I can't even buy tool in the stores here. They don't have it.

He needs to get a hit again and get played on the radio so people get aware of the fact that he has a new album out, a really good album by the way.

Just not sure ool is that song :dunno:

I'm working in a supermarket twice a month, it's my student job, and I can tell that Mika is still played there. I'm not really fond of the music they play, it's mostly the latest hits (One Direction, Rihanna, Bruno Mars, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Adele, ...) and Relax, Rain, Grace Kelly, Happy Ending, WAG & Blame it on the Girls are still played. And I hear people singing around me when these songs are played. :fisch:

Most of my friends wouldn't have known about Mika's new CD if I hadn't told them. Same for the gig in Brussels, I told them and bought the tickets. Mika lacks of promo, even in Belgium. I feel like radios talk about silly things, tell silly stories instead of promoting music worth getting some promo. :'(

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm working in a supermarket twice a month, it's my student job, and I can tell that Mika is still played there. I'm not really fond of the music they play, it's mostly the latest hits (One Direction, Rihanna, Bruno Mars, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Adele, ...) and Relax, Rain, Grace Kelly, Happy Ending, WAG & Blame it on the Girls are still played. And I hear people singing around me when these songs are played. :fisch:

Most of my friends wouldn't have known about Mika's new CD if I hadn't told them. Same for the gig in Brussels, I told them and bought the tickets. Mika lacks of promo, even in Belgium. I feel like radios talk about silly things, tell silly stories instead of promoting music worth getting some promo. :'(

That's great :thumb_yello: Here it feels like he's gone from earth. Just a year ago you could buy all his albums in the store. Now you can't even buy the new one :huh: But I know people still remember him and know the songs even if it's 6 years ago. People do sing along the few times he's on the radio and they know the lyrics etc etc. And that's kind of the problem, the Mika they know and the songs they sing are very old. It's like listening and singing Rihanna's Pon de Replay. A big hit few people remember today. But with Mika it's the reveres, people sing his old songs but not the new ones.

Edited by Lilasko

Yes I agree Lilasko. I don't mean that people have literally forgotten just that if someone isn't around you lose interest in what they are doing. If those people singing his songs were interested in what he was doing they could do a Google search and find out in 2 mins.

Paolo Nutini has disappeared for a couple of years now and I still peek in to see what he's doing every couple of months. I'll be there to buy his album and go to his gigs when he finally reappears. But I can count on one hand the number of artists I love enough to keep tabs on them. Everyone else needs to come to me if they want me to buy their records.

Yes I agree Lilasko. I don't mean that people have literally forgotten just that if someone isn't around you lose interest in what they are doing. If those people singing his songs were interested in what he was doing they could do a Google search and find out in 2 mins.

Paolo Nutini has disappeared for a couple of years now and I still peek in to see what he's doing every couple of months. I'll be there to buy his album and go to his gigs when he finally reappears. But I can count on one hand the number of artists I love enough to keep tabs on them. Everyone else needs to come to me if they want me to buy their records.

Exactly that's my opinion too. They could, but they won't, because they are just not interested as you said. Thought about what Avril Lavigne was doing these days, but I didn't bother enough to even search on google or spotify. And that's the same with Mika. It's just a happy coincidence of me being bored enough to search for new songs and then happened to remember Grace Kelly. If I didn't I wouldn't sit here today.

And when I told my friend that I was going to the concert in Copenhagen she literary said: "He was good. Haven't heard him in ages, didn't know he still does music."

- And with that you can tell Mika's fame right now. It's low.

I guess I need to consider moving to Finland seriously :teehee:

I second that!

Now he's taken even more time off and it's having an even bigger impact. I don't think it's just conjecture either. I know fans who've been around since the very early days. Ones who were here every day during the break between LICM and TBWKTM. But they've given up now. 3 years between albums when your career is only 6 years old is too long.

I stuck it out between LICM and TBWKTM. I was here every day. I'd almost lost interest in Mika this time round because I found other people to be interested in. But I'm back, albeit in a restricted fashion. But if it wasn't for the emails I get telling me "Mika's got a new album out!", I would not have had a clue. I was no longer actively following Mika or even checking on him every now and then. And based on what's happening in Australia, I would never have known that there was a new album as I've not heard it on the radio or seen it advertised. I still hear plenty of old Mika in other places, he seems to have made it onto the playlists of all the shopping centres!

I wish he could somehow become more well known in the US. When I first heard his voice in 2007, I told everyone I knew that he was going to be as popular as Madonna or Michael Jackson. His voice is a gift, he is charismatic, his music is beautiful, and his live shows are awesome. I just knew deep down that he was the next "one".

But in the area I live, you do not hear his songs at all. The only way anyone knows about him is because I will not shut up about him! In the city I live in, I found one shop with only four copies of TOOL. I realize that most people probably don't purchase physical CD's anymore but instead use something like iTunes, however having a physical CD in a store is still a reminder to people that he is still around. This just seems like a lack of support from his label.

I still feel his time will come. I still believe in him, in his talent and creativity, in his foresight, and in his beautiful angelic voice. I have to believe. A world without his music would be a very dull, lifeless place.

I wish he could somehow become more well known in the US. When I first heard his voice in 2007, I told everyone I knew that he was going to be as popular as Madonna or Michael Jackson. His voice is a gift, he is charismatic, his music is beautiful, and his live shows are awesome. I just knew deep down that he was the next "one".

But in the area I live, you do not hear his songs at all. The only way anyone knows about him is because I will not shut up about him! In the city I live in, I found one shop with only four copies of TOOL. I realize that most people probably don't purchase physical CD's anymore but instead use something like iTunes, however having a physical CD in a store is still a reminder to people that he is still around. This just seems like a lack of support from his label.

I still feel his time will come. I still believe in him, in his talent and creativity, in his foresight, and in his beautiful angelic voice. I have to believe. A world without his music would be a very dull, lifeless place.

Same thing for me !! :teehee: A lot of people I know never listen to his new songs. But Mika is still playing here, not as much as in France or Belgium but better than in UK or USA. :thumb_yello: Lucky me.

As hard as it was to wait for the new album, to me it seems perfectly normal to have a few years gap between 2 albums. Compared to a lot of artists it wasn't even that long. I know that most French artists take 2 or 3 years to release new material and I think it's the same with bands such as Coldplay or Muse.

I think I don't expect Mika to act as a popstar and release something new every 2 months like let's say Rihanna or Katy Perry (and not always of very good quality). I see him as all the other artists who just take time off stage to think, write and create :dunno:

That's what I think too. I can't understand why people wern't pleased he took a long time to do the 2nd album, and then the third. I've never understood why the ppl who bought LICM wern't thrilled about TBWKTM. The 2nd album wasn't bad, there were some gems on there. When someone writes their own songs, they can't keep churning out albums every year or so, and also going on tour. But it seems that because Mika took a while, people just moved on and only the die-hards stuck around.

I keep hearing rumours about him not touring next year and going into the studio.

If that is true, I'm wondering what he'll be working on. I'm not disappointed about not seeing him live for a while if he's doing something positive for his career, as I've never thought of Mika as an ordinary popstar, I've always thought there is more to him than that and that he would branch out in other ways within the music, or indeed, the arts, and that's great! No popstar can last forever anyway, but with more strings to his creative bow, he could last, but in a different way than just the tours and the albums.

So I'm hoping if he's in the studio, he's working on a music score for a movie, or something else. My only hope is that it's something that will be worldwide. The only thing I would be upset about is, if whatever he's may be working on next year, is just for France, because that would not be fair to the fans from UK and fans from other places, who have stuck around during the wilderness times. As long as it isn't just for France, but something that will be worldwide, then I'm happy for him to try another avenue.

In the meantime, he should maybe, stop the record ppl choosing the singles, and go with his own gut instinct instead.

I found a CD at ebay.

THE ORIGIN OF LOVE (NEW UK 1 TRK DJ CD SINGLE IN COVER)

It's released by Island records in UK.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MIKA-THE-ORIGIN-OF-LOVE-NEW-UK-1-TRK-DJ-CD-SINGLE-IN-COVER-/271103601125?pt=UK_CDsDVDs_CDs_CDs_GL&hash=item3f1f08a9e5

The artwork is "Underwater", I'm confused...:blink:

KGrHqNhcFBtfZpbueBQn-CqJqg60_12.jpg

I found a CD at ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MIKA-THE-ORIGIN-OF-LOVE-NEW-UK-1-TRK-DJ-CD-SINGLE-IN-COVER-/271103601125?pt=UK_CDsDVDs_CDs_CDs_GL&hash=item3f1f08a9e5

They couldn't even be arsed to put new artwork together? :doh:

I hope they don't do that with the video too! :freak:

I found a CD at ebay.

So am I :blink:

I found a CD at ebay.

Where's Alan Sugar when you need him to tell those publicity guys, "YOU'RE FIRED!"

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's the 3rd December, but I am struggling to find this on any music download sites in the UK in single format!

This is the very thing I've dreaded, and the very thing that will get him overlooked here. If it's not being released, at least post something SOMEWHERE to say it isn't.

He announced on Dermot O'Learys R2 show on Saturday, that it was released today, but no sign of a download, or promo for it anywhere.

It is making me very very sad indeed:sad:

Well it's the 3rd December, but I am struggling to find this on any music download sites in the UK in single format!

This is the very thing I've dreaded, and the very thing that will get him overlooked here. If it's not being released, at least post something SOMEWHERE to say it isn't.

He announced on Dermot O'Learys R2 show on Saturday, that it was released today, but no sign of a download, or promo for it anywhere.

Me too:sad: :tears:

I just searched on UK charts website,and OOL isn't on the list of the new single release this week.:mf_rosetinted:http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/this-weeks-new-releases-03-12-2012-1740/

I just searched on UK charts website,and OOL isn't on the list of the new single release this week.:mf_rosetinted:http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/this-weeks-new-releases-03-12-2012-1740/

This is the kind of thing that is not getting him taken seriously here.

It's really frustrating, and the lack of any info on Twitter or FB isn't helping.

This is the kind of thing that is not getting him taken seriously here.

It's really frustrating, and the lack of any info on Twitter or FB isn't helping.

When I remember the interview from Saturday right Dermot asked Mika if OOL is the new single and Mika said yes but without a release date. Maybe I overheard the date.

Btw we had the same thing in Germany. Last week a serious music blogger wrote that Underwater was released as a single in Germany on 23th November but no one knew about it. On Amazon.de it is as a single with that release date but nowhere else and even on Mika´s German homepage there isn´t a mention about it.

I think there is going something very very wrong or is Universal destroying Mika on purpose?

When I remember the interview from Saturday right Dermot asked Mika if OOL is the new single and Mika said yes but without a release date. Maybe I overheard the date.

Btw we had the same thing in Germany. Last week a serious music blogger wrote that Underwater was released as a single in Germany on 23th November but no one knew about it. On Amazon.de it is as a single with that release date but nowhere else and even on Mika´s German homepage there isn´t a mention about it.

I think there is going something very very wrong or is Universal destroying Mika on purpose?

I thought he said today, maybe I misheard.