Tour Rumours - 2013!

dcdeb

Am I a bad fan cos' I don't even bother to tweet him at all ... it doesn't really interest me ... what he says interests me and is why I follow him ... but he gets so many messages and I just don't ever have anything interesting to say ... same with when I meet him ... I don't think he ever even remembers who I am ... those who do have any kind of connection with him are so lucky ... I wish I did ... but it's never gonna happen as it's just not who I am :dunno:

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I a bad fan cos' I don't even bother to tweet him at all ... it doesn't really interest me ... what he says interests me and is why I follow him ... but he gets so many messages and I just don't ever have anything interesting to say ... same with when I meet him ... I don't think he ever even remembers who I am ... those who do have any kind of connection with him are so lucky ... I wish I did ... but it's never gonna happen as it's just not who I am :dunno:

I think it´s really difficult to have a real connection with him on the net. Basically cause I don´t think he really knows who he is talking to when he replies. Of course there are a group of people he knows since forever and of course he know who they are. He only replied to me twice and I never expected he would. It´s just a matter of casuality.

I´ve been through different phases in real life. First I never wanted to meet him in RL, that´s why never waited for him in my two first gigs. Managed to talk to him in my third, saw him a couple of times more, and were lucky and had a real M&G with him in my 7th gig. But last Friday I didn´t feel like waiting for him, and I don´t know why, but I felt as if being front row and enjoying the gig was enough for me. Maybe next gig I will camp outside the venue till he comes out :aah: but right now I´m done with it.

That is true. I once saw them on the way back to the UK as we were around Greenland. Maybe I will check for last minute flights but I am not hopeful for a bargain. :naughty:

I managed to get the trip down to £500 - but for a 24 hr trip it's not really justifibale.:mf_rosetinted:

Well obviously anyone would. I think it's a real stretch for anybody to say they have an online relationship with him anyway. We're just talking about speaking to him in a familiar manner whether you have a rapport in real life or not. I don't think you need any kind of interaction with him in real life in order to do that. It's not rude or poor etiquette because that is what social media is designed for.

There are rude and bizarre people tweeting him but their behaviour goes beyond familiarity and into something else. There are some things you don't say to anyone and some things you don't say to people you're not actual friends with. But that's a different story and anyone with the most basic of social skills understands where that line is so unless you have some serious mental or social disorder I don't think you need to be self conscious about it. :naughty:

Yeah I agree with you. I think that social media is a great way of interacting with him and even on social media it's important to just be you, regardless of whether you have ever met him in real life.

And that's the problem with social media. The anonymity. There are no boundaries for some because they feel like they can't be harmed. They can say many things without having to face consequences and without realising that it's actually hurtful or embarrassing what they tweet.

those who do have any kind of connection with him are so lucky ... I wish I did ... but it's never gonna happen as it's just not who I am :dunno:

It's very hard to connect with someone with such limited opportunities and distracting circumstances. I thought when I got the DM from Mika that perhaps he "knows" me now and when I meet him he's going to initiate the conversation which works for me and my personality. I am not shy exactly but I am the type that likes people to come to me. :naughty:

Anyway it was just wishful thinking! :roftl: Maybe if I had introduced myself as Skeptique instead of Christine it would have helped but in any case he had nothing to say to me beyond hello. When I sensed he was going to move on if I didn't initiate some kind of real conversation I bit the bullet and started telling him things and asking questions. But opportunities to have conversations like that where you have his undivided attention are extremely rare and spaced apart so it is still difficult to turn that into some sort of real rapport. I do sense that he is comfortable enough around me. He approached me at the points gig and he will pull me in for a picture or give me a high 5 without hesitation. I've been privy to a couple of "off the record" convos. So at least I know I am not in the scary crazies category and that is good enough for me :teehee:

I´ve been through different phases in real life. First I never wanted to meet him in RL, that´s why never waited for him in my two first gigs. Managed to talk to him in my third, saw him a couple of times more, and were lucky and had a real M&G with him in my 7th gig. But last Friday I didn´t feel like waiting for him, and I don´t know why, but I felt as if being front row and enjoying the gig was enough for me.

Ha I've gone through the same phases. I feel like I've come full circle now. I usually end up hanging around after the gig because I'm waiting for other people who do want to say hi to him but I have zero interest in trying to get an autograph or getting into a rugby scrum with other fans. Getting proper M&Gs is always a nice experience though even the times I haven't chatted to him much. The conversations he has with others are entertaining and it makes everyone so happy, it's a nice shared memory with other fans. Just like the gigs themselves.

The conversations he has with others are entertaining and it makes everyone so happy, it's a nice shared memory with other fans. Just like the gigs themselves.

I'm with you there. I have always enjoyed just watching him. ( OK.....I know that sounds a bit scary/crazy - and maybe I am) But unless I have something particular to say to him - which isn't very often, I am happy to watch him talking to others.

I managed to get the trip down to £500 - but for a 24 hr trip it's not really justifibale.:mf_rosetinted:

:aah:

And that's the problem with social media. The anonymity. There are no boundaries for some because they feel like they can't be harmed. They can say many things without having to face consequences and without realising that it's actually hurtful or embarrassing what they tweet.

I think where Mika is concerned everyone has that sense that they are tweeting into the void and it has the effect of pushing those boundaries farther and farther back. He doesn't respond to subtle cries for attention or complaints so they just get louder and louder. It's an interesting phenomenon because if you confront people about it they will always excuse their behaviour by saying that Mika's not reading their tweets. Which of course begs the question of why they feel the need to spam him with inappropriate comments if they think he won't see it.

I do believe however that people are facing consequences whether they know it or not. :naughty:

It's very hard to connect with someone with such limited opportunities and distracting circumstances. I thought when I got the DM from Mika that perhaps he "knows" me now and when I meet him he's going to initiate the conversation which works for me and my personality. I am not shy exactly but I am the type that likes people to come to me. :naughty:

Anyway it was just wishful thinking! :roftl: Maybe if I had introduced myself as Skeptique instead of Christine it would have helped but in any case he had nothing to say to me beyond hello. When I sensed he was going to move on if I didn't initiate some kind of real conversation I bit the bullet and started telling him things and asking questions. But opportunities to have conversations like that where you have his undivided attention are extremely rare and spaced apart so it is still difficult to turn that into some sort of real rapport. I do sense that he is comfortable enough around me. He approached me at the points gig and he will pull me in for a picture or give me a high 5 without hesitation. I've been privy to a couple of "off the record" convos. So at least I know I am not in the scary crazies category and that is good enough for me :teehee:

Ha I've gone through the same phases. I feel like I've come full circle now. I usually end up hanging around after the gig because I'm waiting for other people who do want to say hi to him but I have zero interest in trying to get an autograph or getting into a rugby scrum with other fans. Getting proper M&Gs is always a nice experience though even the times I haven't chatted to him much. The conversations he has with others are entertaining and it makes everyone so happy, it's a nice shared memory with other fans. Just like the gigs themselves.

Yes, in my first two gigs I needed to leave the venue alone cause all my friends wanted to stay :aah:

And the times Ive seen him in no proper m&g I didnt even get close. I just stepped back. Its like when last Friday he sat right in front of me to sing stardust. I thought "F*ck I need to take pics right now!!" and right when I was about to take my phone to take pics he looked at me. How on Earth am I going to put my mobile in his face in that situation?? So basically I only took crappy pics (cause all the pics I took were taken when he wasnt right in front of me and were taken with a mobile).

Ive been only to 8 gigs. How many more gigs do I need to come full circle too? Im exausted :aah:

I'm with you there. I have always enjoyed just watching him. ( OK.....I know that sounds a bit scary/crazy - and maybe I am) But unless I have something particular to say to him - which isn't very often, I am happy to watch him talking to others.

Yeah I mean I do not approve of people following him around and eavesdropping on other fans' conversations of course. That would be creepy. :aah: But so many of us are friends so if he's chatting to your friends who are standing beside you it's fun. That's also a good dynamic for me to enter a conversation too, rather than just trying to grab or hold his attention on my own.

Yeah I mean I do not approve of people following him around and eavesdropping on other fans' conversations of course. That would be creepy. :aah: But so many of us are friends so if he's chatting to your friends who are standing beside you it's fun. That's also a good dynamic for me to enter a conversation too, rather than just trying to grab or hold his attention on my own.

Quite. I think the times that I like the best are group conversations - when he is really relaxed.

I absolutely agree with you here. I usually have NOTHING to tell him apart from "your gig was amazing" :aah: Its not that we share hobbies or anything so basically we have nothing to say to each other in real life. I thank God that when I got my m&g I really wanted to ask him about overrated, so I had an excuse to talk to him. The fact that he STARES at you when you talk to him doesnt help to be relaxed, so having a normal conversation is really hard :lmfao:

I absolutely agree with you here. I usually have NOTHING to tell him apart from "your gig was amazing" :aah: Its not that we share hobbies or anything so basically we have nothing to say to each other in real life. I thank God that when I got my m&g I really wanted to ask him about overrated, so I had an excuse to talk to him. The fact that he STARES at you when you talk to him doesnt help to be relaxed, so having a normal conversation is really hard :lmfao:

God I know about the stare thing ... the only two times I've ever actually asked him something outright out of all the times I've met him/seen him are the ones that stick on your mind ... and then you kind of blink afterwards and wonder what the hell just happened and hope to hell someone just filmed it :lmfao:

Quite.

It took me a lot of times to get used to that to be honest. I know that I have been very lucky and have met him a lot of times, but it took me a long time to be able to 'act normally' around him

Quite.

It took me a lot of times to get used to that to be honest. I know that I have been very lucky and have met him a lot of times, but it took me a long time to be able to 'act normally' around him

By saying 'act normally' you mean that you never asked him to take a grope pic with him,right? :mf_rosetinted:

God I know about the stare thing ... the only two times I've ever actually asked him something outright out of all the times I've met him/seen him are the ones that stick on your mind ... and then you kind of blink afterwards and wonder what the hell just happened and hope to hell someone just filmed it :lmfao:

:lmfao: exactly

I do believe however that people are facing consequences whether they know it or not. :naughty:

Ooh indirectly, they definitely are. It's just that he's clever enough to not let them notice:naughty:

Quite.

Ah come on Rosa, sure you can outstare him:mf_rosetinted:

I've become immune to the stare:mf_rosetinted:

Ooh indirectly, they definitely are. It's just that he's clever enough to not let them notice:naughty:

You are a hard woman. :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

No Ingie ... I think you're about the only person I know who could out STARE the Meeks :teehee: If you put your mind to it that is :naughty:

I managed to talk with him in Padua. I wasn't nervous at all (I had thought I would die because of excitement when I imagined talking with him before), though I am really doubtful about my spoken English...funny thing is, I can't remember if he looked at me or if I looked at him while talking :blink:

Fortunatelly there are some pics :teehee: