Tour Rumours - 2013!

dcdeb

A bird told us he'd be back soon to lisbon to compensate the faltering on his voice...

As if, Mika, as if....:naughty:

MMm shall I start to spare for a flight to Lisbon ? X)

After all, I was told I should learn Portuguese :fisch:

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're one of those people who wants to tell him all your life troubles or every detail of your daily routine that's probably going to land you on the crazies list. :freak:

I don't think he responds to explicit demands for attention either. (Like please retweet me, please follow me, please answer me, etc.)

I figured that out and this is exactly what I'm avoiding to do. But at the same time my tweets are probably too common to be interesting :teehee: And I find it hard to be familiar when you're not familiar with him in real life either.

It's a shame but I think I could have talked to him a little bit after 2 gigs this year; but I just don't say anything (or something silly and useless he doesn't even listen to). Maybe I can only be very outgoing during the gig and at no other time (which is the main thing anyway)

yes, he also mentionned in an Irish interview that TOOL was #1 in Quebec and I'm pretty sure he got that from tweets we had sent him... certainly not from the record company:naughty:

Maybe....anyway, i hope. :wink2:

And i like this idea that we keep in touch with him....:dunno:

And I find it hard to be familiar when you're not familiar with him in real life either.

It's a shame but I think I could have talked to him a little bit after 2 gigs this year; but I just don't say anything (or something silly and useless he doesn't even listen to). Maybe I can only be very outgoing during the gig and at no other time (which is the main thing anyway)

Don't you think that's the whole purpose of using public social media though? To develop a rapport with people you don't know so well in real life? I would say any rapport I have with Mika is almost exclusively online. He was responding to me on his blog and on Twitter before I'd ever met him. I do say things to him in real life but it's not like we have a rapport like friends, you know?

The night before I did meet him for the first time he sent me a DM to ask me to tell other MFCers that he wanted to say hi to us the next day. I don't even think I was online at the time so I don't know why he sought me out to tell me that because when I met him I didn't get any sense of recognition from him at all. To this day I still don't know if he connects my face with my online name(s).

One of my friends who was there, on the other hand, has a great real life rapport with him. He knows her name, he always tells her she's looking well, they tease each other and laugh together, etc. But he doesn't talk to her online.

Then you get someone like Rose who he chats to online and in real life.

If you want to have some sort of connection I think you just take whatever opportunity you can. I think Mika goes on Twitter for the same reason he comes out and signs autographs.

Yes I think the Internet and Twitter in this instance can help develop a connection and of course that's why I use it too. I created a Twitter account almost exclusively to follow Mika and everything Mika-related.

I think what I meant (yes because I'm not even sure of my point here) is that it's hard for me to develop a connection when the connection doesn't exist or not yet. I'm not saying I'm crying on my own because Mika doesn't tweet me :teehee: , just that it's sometimes hard for me to tweet something either deep and sincere or witty and funny. I just tweet very common things that he must read thousands of times :blush-anim-cl:

Anyway, it's always nice to have your view on this :wink2:

For some reason I never feel I'm writing to directly him when I tweet. It feels I'm just writing things "in the air", not sure how to say it in English, but mostly to share my thoughts with people on my timeline. He has never replied anything I say and I don't think he ever will, I really don't expect it. But I have seen he replies to some people he knows and I have heard several times him saying "yes, I read that on twitter" to people next to me. And in Luxembourg I told him I'm coming to see the Iceland gig and he was like "yes, you told me you are coming to Reykjavik" and I didn't know what to say (because I really couldn't remember saying that) but I did told him on twitter, so maybe he really reads his tweets :dunno:

nina, one of the other girls (miri i think) remembered that you told him in brussels, while she was standing next to you - so although i agree that he does read his tweets, it seems like in this case you really have told him personally. :naughty:

i find it so funny how sometimes as soon as mika gets in the car, he has his phone in his hand and ok maybe he's reading texts from his boyfriend or his friends, but i wouldn't be surprised if he was checking twitter... maybe that's just after the experience i had in liège, as soon as he was in the car he tweeted about what fantastic fans he has, lol! i think he's just as internet-addicted as most of us. :teehee: and also the tweets he writes, if his team writes for him they'd have to be very careful because i guess they know by now that mfc knows everything. :naughty: we'd know if a tweet came while he was doing a show or meeting fans or whatever else of his schedule that we know (or find out :teehee:) about. but afaik that never happened. :wink2: so if his team writes tweets for him, i think they have to check with him first what he's currently doing... so like christine said, maybe yasmine sends some tweets for him, or thomas, but it'd have to be someone of his close entourage and not someone at a pc somewhere else far away.

I'm not saying I'm crying on my own because Mika doesn't tweet me :teehee: , just that it's sometimes hard for me to tweet something either deep and sincere or witty and funny. I just tweet very common things that he must read thousands of times :blush-anim-cl:

Oh no I didn't think you were crying over it. :roftl: But I don't know maybe it's overthinking things? You didn't know people on MFC in real life when you got here either but I don't think you needed to make a conscious effort to be witty or deep or sincere or whatever to connect to people? I know where Mika's concerned it feels like there is a ton of noise to be heard over but I think a lot of it is down to timing. He can get 1000 tweets a day but if you are one of the people who's there when he starts reading, it doesn't matter how many hundreds of tweets he had before or after that moment.

so like christine said, maybe yasmine sends some tweets for him, or thomas, but it'd have to be someone of his close entourage and not someone at a pc somewhere else far away.

I know for sure John was not tweeting for Mika in the past. :naughty:

And in regards to a couple of times when he's sent DMs to people. His management team knows how to get in touch with us in other ways. They don't have to pretend to be Mika on Twitter. :naughty:

Camille I think Mika's pretty responsive to people who chat to him in a familiar manner so I wouldn't worry about that. I am assuming that's what you mean by "as if he was really one of" your friends. If you're one of those people who wants to tell him all your life troubles or every detail of your daily routine that's probably going to land you on the crazies list. :freak:

I don't think he responds to explicit demands for attention either. (Like please retweet me, please follow me, please answer me, etc.)

I only send tweets to MIKA to tell him thank you and to show my concern like just recently when he went to the doctor. I have never asked MIKA, or anyone for that matter, to please RT me or follow me or answer me. I think that would be rude. I don't put too much of my personal life out there on Twitter (or FB either) because I am more of a private person. And my life is fairly boring! :) I don't feel as if anyone would really want to read it.

nina, one of the other girls (miri i think) remembered that you told him in brussels, while she was standing next to you - so although i agree that he does read his tweets, it seems like in this case you really have told him personally. :naughty:

I didn't actually talk with him in Brussels, it was very crowded. I was standing there after Yulia and she talked with Mika, maybe she said something about Iceland (Miri was next to us)? I can't remember if she was talking about London or Iceland. Anyway, it's possible I have said something somewhere, I just can't remember, lol. How can I forget things like that? :doh:

I didn't actually talk with him in Brussels, it was very crowded. I was standing there after Yulia and she talked with Mika, maybe she said something about Iceland (Miri was next to us)? I can't remember if she was talking about London or Iceland. Anyway, it's possible I have said something somewhere, I just can't remember, lol. How can I forget things like that? :doh:

I know this is off topic........................well, not totally I guess as it's about touring but is Yulia going to Iceland?

And, for waht it's worth, I think it is more likely that you said it on Twitter. I know it is very possible to forget what is said in conversations with Mika but I do think that if you had told him you were going to Rykjavik you would have remembered :thumb_yello:

Edit: I have just read back and read Mellody's post about you being overheard..............ok then................maybe you did say it!:naughty:

Edited by kath

I find it hilarious that Nina can't remember telling Mika she's going to Iceland but Mika remembers. Is he a great popstar or what? :naughty:

Why did this Iceland gig have to be impossibly close to Christmas? :sneaky2:

It's really close to Christmas indeed, and I've promised to organize everything this year, so I don't have too much extra time :aah:

Maybe he was just making small talk, you know, chatting. But he does have a good memory too, it's quite amazing.

I don't think that other people around Mika tweet instead of him with his account, I have the sensation that Mika wants to control what appears on his twitter and the replies he sends to fans....having another person doing that would be harder cause we can usually recognize Mika's tweets!

I personally see a lot of strange tweets to mika...beggars..annoying people or mad teens..but I think is normal cause he's popular...you know...:wink2:. I also see a lot of interesting tweets (most of them from the "known" fans and from MFC people :mikacool:) but the replies are only few...and I guess it's because he replies directly to someone only when he's connected in that specific moment and he shows himself. Like he did with Rose after Madrid...he was online in that moment and he replied. He did the same with me, he was tweetting about XL column and I replied in a heartbeat..and he replied me back almost immediately cause he was reading in that moment :thumb_yello:

Also...I'm sure he's lurking on the net very often, reading things and that's why he knows more than we think :mikacool:

I find it hilarious that Nina can't remember telling Mika she's going to Iceland but Mika remembers. Is he a great popstar or what? :naughty:

Just to annoy us all?

Just to annoy us all?

I think so too :naughty:

The flights to Iceland are too expensive from here anyway but well, I could attend Glasgow if I didn't have to take a plane in Edinburgh at 7 AM the day after. Impossible to make it by train or coach. :'( I would have loved to go back to Scotland though ;')

Nevermind, I'm getting ready for festivals :mf_rosetinted:

I know this is off topic........................well, not totally I guess as it's about touring but is Yulia going to Iceland?

Yes! :)

I know, I'm always moaning about doing anything this close to Christmas. Plus I have a trip to Disney World for several days the first week of December. So much for holiday baking, decorating, and shopping, and forget about Christmas cards. It's going to be a Mickey/Mika Christmas for me! :naughty:

Maybe he was just making small talk, you know, chatting. But he does have a good memory too, it's quite amazing.

He really does have a good memory for this sort of thing, so if you didn't tell him in person, it must be that you mentioned it on Twitter. Or perhaps someone else told him? :fisch:

I don't think that other people around Mika tweet instead of him with his account, I have the sensation that Mika wants to control what appears on his twitter and the replies he sends to fans....having another person doing that would be harder cause we can usually recognize Mika's tweets!

I think you're right. I mean, consider that "Tweet of the Week" thing they tried to implement a few weeks ago. If someone else was tweeting for him, I think they would have followed the people they selected that first week as they promised they would, plus they would have continued with it... as it is, it's sort of fizzled out. :dunno:

Also...I'm sure he's lurking on the net very often, reading things and that's why he knows more than we think :mikacool:

:eek: The stalkee becomes the stalker! :aah:

Edited by dcdeb

He really does have a good memory for this sort of thing, so if you didn't tell him in person, it must be that you mentioned it on Twitter. Or perhaps someone else told him? :fisch:

Actually that's what I was thinking too! I was so confused, because he wouldn't remember my tweets, but he probably reads yours and you mentioned us all. Any way, it confused me :lmfao:

I know he does read his tweets, but of course not all of them, only when he is online at the same time, and he has probably a reading technique to notice interesting tweets, lol. There are simply too many tweets to read everything.

Yes! :)

I know, I'm always moaning about doing anything this close to Christmas. Plus I have a trip to Disney World for several days the first week of December. So much for holiday baking, decorating, and shopping, and forget about Christmas cards. It's going to be a Mickey/Mika Christmas for me! :naughty:

I think you're right. I mean, consider that "Tweet of the Week" thing they tried to implement a few weeks ago. If someone else was tweeting for him, I think they would have followed the people they selected that first week as they promised they would, plus they would have continued with it... as it is, it's sort of fizzled out. :dunno:

Yes...I noticed that this nice TOTW thing died somehow..:aah:

it's a vicious circle... around & around we go! :naughty:

ant it'll never stop!

"Running around again..running for running" :naughty:

I know, I'm always moaning about doing anything this close to Christmas.

With my proscrastination every Mika trip becomes a disaster on the time management front but flights in and out of Canada pretty much double around the 16th so it's not a good time for leisure trips. And why go to Iceland for the first and likely only time in my life when it's the darkest time of the year? :aah: I don't mind going to the UK because it feels like home to me but it's not exactly the most opportune time to be sightseeing in northern countries, to say the least.

I will wait for the South African Christmas gig. :naughty:

Well that was my problem with that whole idea. We all know Mika's not going to follow people himself. It's the only direct line people have to Mika unless they are able to speak to him at a gig and I don't think anyone else should mess with it. Like I said I think it's okay if he were to tell someone close to him to tweet a pic of his dog or tell fans he's running late. But I don't think the initiative for the activity on that account should be coming from anyone else. People will sense it eventually and it will break that trust/bond he's built up over the past 3 years.

Ha I've always looked at it the other way around. I never bothered with Mika's MySpace in the early days. Then I found out what a stalker he was and thought I'd better look into his online activities. :mf_rosetinted:

Oh no I didn't think you were crying over it. :roftl: But I don't know maybe it's overthinking things? You didn't know people on MFC in real life when you got here either but I don't think you needed to make a conscious effort to be witty or deep or sincere or whatever to connect to people? I know where Mika's concerned it feels like there is a ton of noise to be heard over but I think a lot of it is down to timing. He can get 1000 tweets a day but if you are one of the people who's there when he starts reading, it doesn't matter how many hundreds of tweets he had before or after that moment.

I guess the most important thing is just to be yourself. In all those years he only replied to me once and that was in 2009:naughty: Offline I do have a better connection with him. We've come to that point where we can call each other b*tch and still like each other:naughty:. My online relationship with him is basically non-existent but that doesn't matter. I value the offline bond more.

And he does have a very good memory yes. He perfectly remembered me creating a domino effect on stage:mf_rosetinted:

The big plus for visiting Iceland in December is the Northern lights.

That is true. I once saw them on the way back to the UK as we were around Greenland. Maybe I will check for last minute flights but I am not hopeful for a bargain. :naughty:

I value the offline bond more.

Well obviously anyone would. I think it's a real stretch for anybody to say they have an online relationship with him anyway. We're just talking about speaking to him in a familiar manner whether you have a rapport in real life or not. I don't think you need any kind of interaction with him in real life in order to do that. It's not rude or poor etiquette because that is what social media is designed for.

There are rude and bizarre people tweeting him but their behaviour goes beyond familiarity and into something else. There are some things you don't say to anyone and some things you don't say to people you're not actual friends with. But that's a different story and anyone with the most basic of social skills understands where that line is so unless you have some serious mental or social disorder I don't think you need to be self conscious about it. :naughty: