Tour Rumours - 2013!

dcdeb

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He sold more than 100 000 of TOOL in France in 2 months it make no sens to not touring only in France :s

To be fair, he's doing good in France, so he should really concentrate on touring places where he isn't doing so good.

So it would make sense if he targets touring places where he hasn't been in a while, and where his sales haven't been great. As touring is part of the promo cycle, there are quite a few places he should target, S.America, Australia, New Zealand, S.E. Asia (e.g. Indonesia, Malaysia, where he hasn't really played yet).

Every year, one way or another he has done shows in France, and other places in Europe, I'm not denying that. But France is where he does well in, and clearly he rewards that.

But I don't think it would hurt him if for one year, he focuses on markets that he's not doing great in, and give fans in those places a chance to see him perform. I think it's time.

I think he can still turn up at festivals and perhaps other dates in South America, Asia, etc. Even if there is no "proper tour" that doesn't mean he's not going to perform anywhere. There's already a Swiss festival date.

I think he can still turn up at festivals and perhaps other dates in South America, Asia, etc. Even if there is no "proper tour" that doesn't mean he's not going to perform anywhere. There's already a Swiss festival date.

Right... I can still hope to see him play at a festival in Belgium or Japan ...

I hope the timing'll be good :shocked:

To be fair, he's doing good in France, so he should really concentrate on touring places where he isn't doing so good.

So it would make sense if he targets touring places where he hasn't been in a while, and where his sales haven't been great. As touring is part of the promo cycle, there are quite a few places he should target, S.America, Australia, New Zealand, S.E. Asia (e.g. Indonesia, Malaysia, where he hasn't really played yet).

Every year, one way or another he has done shows in France, and other places in Europe, I'm not denying that. But France is where he does well in, and clearly he rewards that.

But I don't think it would hurt him if for one year, he focuses on markets that he's not doing great in, and give fans in those places a chance to see him perform. I think it's time.

When you are an artist if you touring it is your money if your gig is not sold out it is your money that you lost. For Mika or his record compagnie it is a lost of money to tour in UK for example.

I read about this in Melgine's report yesterday and was surprised that it wasn't much talked about yet..

Well I think he might have meant no tour in France in 2013 too. That would kind of make sense to be honest, so that he can take time to go to Asia, South America or any other part of the world he has mentioned before. And he would do a few French festivals this Summer.

But... at the same time, he says it's to go back to the studio... So that's confusing. And I believe he has already said once during his French promo in September that he clearly wouldn't leave so much time to release a new album. Now I need to remember where that was exactly.

When you are an artist if you touring it is your money if your gig is not sold out it is your money that you lost. For Mika or his record compagnie it is a lost of money to tour in UK for example.

But you don't restrict your market to one country either. Because if you bring out one bad album, and that doesn't sell well in your best market, that can pretty much finish you, as you could lose ticket sales there, if people don't want to bother seeing you.

You have to be doing well in a few countries, both with record sales and touring, to be able to maintain a momentum. I suppose the exception to the rule is if you do well in high population countries. I have heard of some artists making quite a healthy living from the Japanese market, without doing too great anywhere else.

Also, it's only fair to fans in countries I mention in my last post, as well as ones I haven't, that barely see him at all. That they get a chance to see him too. Maybe if he spent a chunk year touring these places, he may start getting good sales in them. I'm sure he wouldn't sneeze at any money he could gain from them, I know if I was in his shoes, I wouldn't :wink2:

I read about this in Melgine's report yesterday and was surprised that it wasn't much talked about yet..

Well I think he might have meant no tour in France in 2013 too. That would kind of make sense to be honest, so that he can take time to go to Asia, South America or any other part of the world he has mentioned before. And he would do a few French festivals this Summer.

But... at the same time, he says it's to go back to the studio... So that's confusing. And I believe he has already said once during his French promo in September that he clearly wouldn't leave so much time to release a new album. Now I need to remember where that was exactly.

I wonder, as someone said here earlier, if going back into the studio is to do with this new artist he said he was working with. He may be producing her album for her, which would make sense.

You're right, I remember I've translated an interview about that... Maybe the one he did for France 2 (for "the News"). He said that he wouldn't tour as long as he used to because he didn't want to lose his creativity by touring like crazy. :fisch:

But still, I didn't expect that "not as long as last time" would mean THIS. I'm not complaining as I went to 2 of his gigs a few weeks ago but well... it's no as if the CD had been well promoted everywhere ! :doh:

Even in Belgium, I know plenty of people who ARENT AWARE that Mika has released a new CD :sneaky2: And I'm not talking about people who dislike him but people who actually love his 2 previous Cds... So, I cant imagine what it is like in further countries, which do not benefit from the promo he did in France.

I also remember him saying (in about Jan or Feb this year) that he was working on something big for next February.

Yes,a show for Futuroscope Park:

"Mika was at the Futuroscope on February 3. He will be the artistic director of the new night show, in charge of all the soundtrack, he will work on image and the show will be inspired by his new album. He's working on this with Skerzo (light effect creator) and the show is announced for 2013."

427167_319382864777833_162092907_n.jpg

"Mika was at the Futuroscope on February 3. He will be the artistic director of the new night show, in charge of all the soundtrack, he will work on image and the show will be inspired by his new album. He's working on this with Skerzo (light effect creator) and the show is announced for 2013."

Last time I read something about it, I learnt it was cancelled due to his busy schedule. It was posted on the Futuroscope forum by administrators if I remember well.

I also remember him saying (in about Jan or Feb this year) that he was working on something big for next February.

Yes, that's most likely the huge event he was referring to.

Last time I read something about it, I learnt it was cancelled due to his busy schedule. It was posted on the Futuroscope forum by administrators if I remember well.

Well, I don't think he has a busy schedule anymore: he clearly has no tour booked for next year at all.

To have a tour, you'd need promoters believe that they can sell tickets to the concert. For that I suppose he'd need to have a certain level of success in the countries he wants to tour. 30 MFCers chasing him around is just not enough. In the current situation smaller venues with acoustic shows would make sense and that's why I asked him about that earlier but he does not seem to have such plans, either. I think they will need to see what will happen after the second single, if the album sales to pick up and then... well, we'll see.

I don't think he has much choice now than do something else, whatever that will be.I'd personally prefer him working on a new album as I liked the last one.

hmm... For his own career, better to focus on his job as a pop singer. happy to hear that it's cancelled.

Yes, that's most likely the huge event he was referring to.

Well, I don't think he has a busy schedule anymore: he clearly has no tour booked for next year at all.

To have a tour, you'd need promoters believe that they can sell tickets to the concert. For that I suppose he'd need to have a certain level of success in the countries he wants to tour. 30 MFCers chasing him around is just not enough. In the current situation smaller venues with acoustic shows would make sense and that's why I asked him about that earlier but he does not seem to have such plans, either. I think they will need to see what will happen after the second single, if the album sales to pick up and then... well, we'll see.

I don't think he has much choice now than do something else, whatever that will be.I'd personally prefer him working on a new album as I liked the last one.

Hear,Mika?? Listen to her!! And if those small venues it happens to be into a church,or chapels,or even tiny cathedrals,it would be heaven! :wub2:

And,Suzie,it was really nice to meet you! :thumb_yello:

Hear,Mika?? Listen to her!! And if those small venues it happens to be into a church,or chapels,or even tiny cathedrals,it would be heaven! :wub2:

Completely agree ... I still think the Union Chapel gig for Little Noise was so amazing because of the venue ... the acoustics ... just everything ... he needs to do more of these ... even Saddlers Wells was so nice because it was a different kind of venue ... I don't mind small quaint venues :wub2:

I really hope this is just a misunderstanding, like maybe he just meant no more touring in france in 2013 or smth.

in NYC he told he'd be back to NA in 2013 :(

Pleaseeeee :tears:

Im still waiting for my TOOL gig!!!! *prays*

Completely agree ... I still think the Union Chapel gig for Little Noise was so amazing because of the venue ... the acoustics ... just everything ... he needs to do more of these ... even Saddlers Wells was so nice because it was a different kind of venue ... I don't mind small quaint venues :wub2:

You know,everybody said the same,I so envy you all who were there,at the Union Chapel! :blush-anim-cl: I can imagine the sound of his voice mixed with that special acoustic...:wub2: I was stunned hearing those few seconds from TOOL in that cathedral in Milan at the CD launch party :wub2:

Ah, right - I knew about the Futuresope thing but hadn't put two and two together. Thank you. :thumb_yello:

You're welcome! :thumb_yello: or maybe it's something different,who knows? we just have to wait and see :dunno:

I thought he had used the word 'collaboration' so I had just assumed it was a gig but I guess that was maybe wishful thinking!

It waw great to meet you, too. I hope there will be many other occasions in the future, too.

I was thinking exactly about what you mention: chapels. I got into his concerts after the Berlin acoustic show and Little Noise with the King' Singers is my other favourite show of all time. The acoustics is just so different in that environment - perfect for many of his songs, if not all. Besides, it would be cheaper to organize and provide him the opportunity to develop further as a singer since it is more difficult to do those shows properly.