Tour Rumours - 2013!

dcdeb

I'm vetoing March as well. And while we're at it, April.

Maybe you're okay in VA, but it's going to suck up here.

:thumbdown:

Well, I doubt Mika will ever come here to VA or DC again, but surely he'll return to NYC and that ought to be bearable by late March, and definitely by April. You'd come back to NYC, wouldn't you? After all, we Canadians have to stick together. :wink2:

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I doubt Mika will ever come here to VA or DC again, but surely he'll return to NYC and that ought to be bearable by late March, and definitely by April. You'd come back to NYC, wouldn't you? After all, we Canadians have to stick together. :wink2:

:lmao: You know what will happen then? I will become the American! Maybe I already am since I apparently don't have the "Canadian accent". :shun:

The problem is travelling out of Toronto. Doesn't matter what is going on in NYC. :thumbdown:

Maybe we should all go to Miami or something. Just need a few days to try to get out of here. :naughty:

hahaha you are an honorary Canadian now... after all, you've had poutine! :aah:

he always seems to tour the states when it's blisteringly cold outside. Downright freezing. the last three times it's been numbingly cold in queue.

:mf_rosetinted: It's a test, to see how much we are prepared to suffer for him

Sorry Brits/Irish peoples but you have no idea what winter weather is like here and you have not suffered the same! :aah::naughty:

We were lucky it was 6C by some crazy fluke in January 2008 but the very next day it dropped down to -15C. We could barely even tolerate walking to the restaurant for lunch, nevermind standing in a queue.

Sorry Brits/Irish peoples but you have no idea what winter weather is like here and you have not suffered the same! :aah::naughty:

We were lucky it was 6C by some crazy fluke in January 2008 but the very next day it dropped down to -15C. We could barely even tolerate walking to the restaurant for lunch, nevermind standing in a queue.

Which just goes to show how sadistic Mika is :wink2:

No, thankfully we just get rain, rain and more rain here in Winter.

I certainly wouldn't be queuing in temperatures below 0. My love for Mika doesn't extend to q'ing in minus temps. I only tolerated London because we spent most of the day in a cosy cafe. :teehee:

Which just goes to show how sadistic Mika is :wink2:

Or how disinterested he is in people queuing for his gigs. Because they won't be. :naughty: Even with the soldout gigs only a handful of people turned up before 4 or 5 pm on a beautiful warm fall day in October. If it's -15C I'm pretty sure the queue will be starting at 6:45 pm :naughty:

My problem with the weather is travelling. I can't risk going to Montreal for example if there is a gig in Toronto the next day or I might not make it back in time. That's why I didn't go there in 2008.

Or how disinterested he is in people queuing for his gigs. Because they won't be. :naughty: Even with the soldout gigs only a handful of people turned up before 4 or 5 pm on a beautiful warm fall day in October. If it's -15C I'm pretty sure the queue will be starting at 6:45 pm :naughty:

My problem with the weather is travelling. I can't risk going to Montreal for example if there is a gig in Toronto the next day or I might not make it back in time. That's why I didn't go there in 2008.

On another note, a lot of our venues are seated so no need to queue at all:thumb_yello:

On another note, a lot of our venues are seated so no need to queue at all:thumb_yello:

Maybe in Quebec but I don't think there's much chance he's going to play seated venues in most places. Anything under 2500 people in Toronto is pretty much always general admission even if there are seats in the venue. I saw Adele once in a seated theatre that would be a suitable size for Mika but we still had to queue. I expect he will play mostly large clubs/standing theatres in the US as he's done in the past.

I think he prefers a standing audience anyway so I guess Silver is right about the sadism. :sneaky2:

Maybe in Quebec but I don't think there's much chance he's going to play seated venues in most places. Anything under 2500 people in Toronto is pretty much always general admission even if there are seats in the venue. I saw Adele once in a seated theatre that would be a suitable size for Mika but we still had to queue. I expect he will play mostly large clubs/standing theatres in the US as he's done in the past.

I think he prefers a standing audience anyway so I guess Silver is right about the sadism. :sneaky2:

We always say that us Canadians are not stopped by anything so why should it be different for this...

Somehow, I have a hard time imagining anyone planning a tour loooking at the weather forecast for the country they will tour and say: let's play Montreal in February, our fans will freeze while waiting in line:wink2:

We always say that us Canadians are not stopped by anything so why should it be different for this...

I've never said that. Just that our employers and boards of education are also sadists and refuse to close anything so we don't have a choice. I think if Canadians have to suffer the whole world should. :roftl:

Somehow, I have a hard time imagining anyone planning a tour loooking at the weather forecast for the country they will tour and say: let's play Montreal in February, our fans will freeze while waiting in line:wink2:

No but I honestly think Mika loves the idea of people going to torturous lengths for his gigs.

I also think he doesn't care if we have to stand around for 12 hours if it means a standing gig instead of a seated one because he prefers the vibe of standing gigs. If I recall even at the Bell Centre people had to queue if they wanted to be at the front. (Maybe Guy knows for sure, I wasn't there.)

I've never said that. Just that our employers and boards of education are also sadists and refuse to close anything so we don't have a choice. I think if Canadians have to suffer the whole world should. :roftl:

No but I honestly think Mika loves the idea of people going to torturous lengths for his gigs.

I also think he doesn't care if we have to stand around for 12 hours if it means a standing gig instead of a seated one because he prefers the vibe of standing gigs. If I recall even at the Bell Centre people had to queue if they wanted to be at the front. (Maybe Guy knows for sure, I wasn't there.)

I guess I will never understand that part (the waiting for hours)

Bell Centre has many configurations and can be general admission standing in front of the stage, don't know how it was for Mika