MIKA @La Voz in Spain: 19-12-2012 - 10 pm

basicamenteyo

Worst is that again a choice to promote his album has gone.

I won't say that. What's the point of an appearance in these kind of shows? To inform a big bunch people that you are back (or are there at all) and have a new single / a new album. So, Mika was there, he did a good performance, 5.4 million people saw the final, 5.4 million people are reminded that he is back.

And I wouldn't have expected more than a 3 minute performance, it's what everybody normally does on these kind of shows :dunno:

I don't see what's wrong with a medley, too. What's the difference in doing one song or 3 parts of three songs, in the end everybody has his 3 minutes on the stage.

About the mess and the crap presenter: It may be disappointing for Mika on a personal level but I don't think that it hurt the promotional purpose of that TV appearance that much. As a normal viewer I judge the artist from his performance not from the quality of the presenter.

Of course I'm talking without seeing the other parts ;)

Has somebody recorded them?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Christine, hence why I asked you what was wrong. In my northamerican eyes, it was perfectly normal guest appearance on a busy show with many guests:thumb_yello:

I won't say that. What's the point of an appearance in these kind of shows? To inform a big bunch people that you are back (or are there at all) and have a new single / a new album. So, Mika was there, he did a good performance, 5.4 million people saw the final, 5.4 million people are reminded that he is back.

And I wouldn't have expected more than a 3 minute performance, it's what everybody normally does on these kind of shows :dunno:

I don't see what's wrong with a medley, too. What's the difference in doing one song or 3 parts of three songs, in the end everybody has his 3 minutes on the stage.

About the mess and the crap presenter: It may be disappointing for Mika on a personal level but I don't think that it hurt the promotional purpose of that TV appearance that much. As a normal viewer I judge the artist from his performance not from the quality of the presenter.

Of course I'm talking without seeing the other parts ;)

Has somebody recorded them?

It had been perfectly normal if all the guests would have had the same treatment. But as I told you, no one was pushed out of the stage as Mika, and all the guests had their moment, and were asked about their music and stuff.

If you are a singer known by Rain and Relax, and you go to a show and perform Rain and Relax... how on Earth are people going to think you have a new album? The bit he sang of Celebrate could have been a bit of song from his second album... you know what I mean? Thank God he sang Celebrate instead of Grace Kelly.......

Edited by basicamenteyo

If you are a singer known by Rain and Relax, and you go to a show and perform Rain and Relax... how on Earth are people going to think you have a new album? The bit he sang of Celebrate could have been a bit of song from his second album... you know what I mean? Thank God he sang Celebrate instead of Grace Kelly.......

Well it could have been better I guess but it's not the end of the world. People either like Mika or they don't and if they do they will be reminded that he exists and will find out what he's up to. It's better than not being on TV at all.

Honestly this was exactly what I was expecting from his TV appearance on Star Academie. They said he would do a medley of songs and I knew they would be old songs because the album wasn't even close to being finished. When they had him do 8 full songs I was blown away. On other shows like this in North America even Madonna is not going to be able to sing that many songs on one show. It's just unheard of. I would guess the only reason it happened is because he was replacing Celine Dion and it was her husband's show.

Well it could have been better I guess but it's not the end of the world. People either like Mika or they don't and if they do they will be reminded that he exists and will find out what he's up to. It's better than not being on TV at all.

Honestly this was exactly what I was expecting from his TV appearance on Star Academie. They said he would do a medley of songs and I knew they would be old songs because the album wasn't even close to being finished. When they had him do 8 full songs I was blown away. On other shows like this in North America even Madonna is not going to be able to sing that many songs on one show. It's just unheard of. I would guess the only reason it happened is because he was replacing Celine Dion and it was her husband's show.

Star Académie is really an exception in all these TV show because they really do make an effort to let their guests shine. Not just Mika. But they also usually have only 2, sometimes 3 singers per shows:thumb_yello:

t4p! are these supposed to be video or music? sorry, i'm confused :aah:

videos :wink2:

Thank you for posting the links.

After watching the second vid I think it´s not that bad than I expected after reading your reports. :wink2:

videos :wink2:

Thank you for posting the links.

After watching the second vid I think it´s not that bad than I expected after reading your reports. :wink2:

ah thank you! i figured they're vids cuz of the size but i see nothing :blink:

can someone pretty please convert them mp4?

Thanks a lot for sharing !! :flowers2:

uploaded your files ( 3 in 1 ) on YouTube.

[YOUTUBE]rC_kTIysEwk[/YOUTUBE]

Okay after watching this whole thing, unless something was going on backstage we don't know about I can't imagine Mika would have felt ill treated. The only thing wrong here IMO is that there doesn't appear to be anyone on stage who can sing other than Mika. :teehee: But the way he is smiling and embracing and high fiving everyone I would guess he had a good experience working with them. :dunno:

It's not the greatest showcase he's ever had. Obviously these shows like Hormiguero (spelling? Sorry :blush-anim-cl:), Star Academie and Paul de Leeuw have been extraordinary opportunities in comparison but I've seen much worse on US TV. The hosts have made it clear that they have no idea who he is and he was bumped off one so they could finish a cooking segment. :shocked:

@PurpleCat: Thanks for editing and uploading! :huglove:

I met him outside the TV set that night, right after his performance, and he didn't look sad or angry to me at all. He was his usual nice self. He said the show had been fun and that it was great that so many people had been watching.

I met him outside the TV set that night, right after his performance, and he didn't look sad or angry to me at all. He was his usual nice self. He said the show had been fun and that it was great that so many people had been watching.

Outside the studio = good mood

Outside hotel = bad mood

Funny that. :naughty:

Outside the studio = good mood

Outside hotel = bad mood

Funny that. :naughty:

Outside the studio, outside the hotel... it doesn´t matter. Mika smiles ALWAYS and he rarely share his inner thoughts about his things, so, if he smiles it doesn´t mean he is happy with the show, the same way that if he doesn´t smile it doesn´t mean he´s sad with what he has just done in a TV show. IMO.

All the talk on twitter or even in this thread was based in what we saw live from our houses. Not on Mika´s behaviour at all (mainly cause at that moment we didn´t see him).

He didn´t have the same time or treatment that other artists had. And that´s a fact and not an opinion...

Sorry to quote you Christine, this is not at all a reply to you, it´s in general.

Outside the studio, outside the hotel... it doesn´t matter. Mika smiles ALWAYS and he rarely share his inner thoughts about his things, so, if he smiles it doesn´t mean he is happy with the show, the same way that if he doesn´t smile it doesn´t mean he´s sad with what he has just done in a TV show. IMO.

That is not my experience. I think he is somewhat transparent and I've heard him moan about a few things, including the way he was treated on a British TV show (they threatened him with being boycotted by the network and it's not much of a stretch to assume he was upset about it particularly since he brought it up himself days after the fact).

In any case I just find it funny that anyone would jump to the conclusion that Mika was in a bad mood because of a TV show and not because people are stalking him at his hotel. Because if I sensed he was in a bad mood in that situation that is not the conclusion I would come to at all. :naughty:

He didn´t have the same time or treatment that other artists had. And that's a fact and not an opinion...

That may be true but obviously people are saying that Mika was as upset by this as the fans were and unless he says so I don't accept that. I don't think it was that bad relative to his other TV show experiences, not relative to the other guests. Not all guests are treated equal on most shows and I don't think he's an egomaniac about it. That is my opinion :wink2: