MIKA @La Voz in Spain: 19-12-2012 - 10 pm

basicamenteyo

Is he that bad? :teehee:

It´s just a matter of taste I guess... I´m not fond of his style, and I heard an interview he did, and paid attention cause he started: "I grew up in Paris, my bro is a designer..." So it looked a bit like Mika and made me listen to it. But it ended up with him singing and I was like :aah: :aah:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It´s just a matter of taste I guess... I´m not fond of his style, and I heard an interview he did, and paid attention cause he started: "I grew up in Paris, my bro is a designer..." So it looked a bit like Mika and made me listen to it. But it ended up with him singing and I was like :aah: :aah:

I see. :teehee:

So for the sake of our friendship I will stay Mika fan. :hug:

http://www.formulatv.com/noticias/28387/pablo-alboran-mika-eros-ramazzoti-jamie-cullum-invitados-estelares-final-la-voz/

Just wow :shocked:

"Telecinco ya tiene todo listo para la final de 'La Voz' después de la elección de los cuatro finalistas en la última gala. Maika, Rafa, Pau Piqué y Jorge González lucharán por la victoria del talent show que se ha convertido en la revelación de la temporada.

Para celebrarlo por todo lo alto, Boomerang y Telecinco han conseguido traer un cartel de artistas muy importante tanto a nivel nacional como internacional. Entre ellos, estarán el joven cantante Pablo Alborán, Mika, Eros Ramazzoti y Jaime Cullum."

So basically it says that Mika, Eros, Jamie Cullum and Pablo Alborán will be guests at the final of La Voz (pretty much like X Factor) next week.

I hope tht the team winner will became to be the best.....:mikadas:

Thks for the conexion to the site. To basicamenteyo..

I think Mika isn't lying, he was ill and his voice isn´t well.

* Why do you think that isn't true?

Listening to his recent performances, it is clear that his voice isn't good. Seeing some recent photos, it´s clear that isn't physically well, he is very very thin.

If he has to cancel, I think it makes more sense to cancel the concert to affect fewer people and not a big concert, with more people affected.

I say this but I am sad, I have friends who were going to the concert, was his chance. I'm just trying to understand Mika.

After seeing his performance in Madrid, and in other concerts, I think it´s clear that Mika has no plans to cancel any concert. In Madrid it was a small and not crowded and he was very ill.

Not the same sing two songs on a TV show to do a concert two hours.

Examples:

minute 0:35

X_factor_It2012.jpg

Sorry for my english,so bad:sad:

I think Mika isn't lying, he was ill and his voice isn´t well.

* Why do you think that isn't true?

We know his voice is not well. But obviously he is not cutting back on appearances to save his voice because he has just added this one. :dunno: When Mika was seriously ill in 2007 he couldn't even speak, muchless appear on TV shows.

We know his voice is not well. But obviously he is not cutting back on appearances to save his voice because he has just added this one. :dunno: When Mika was seriously ill in 2007 he couldn't even speak, muchless appear on TV shows.

Maybe now it's not the same disease as in 2007 :dunno:

I'm sure it's not but either he has to save his voice or he doesn't. What kind of special disease is there that allows one to sing everywhere but Glasgow? :naughty:

Oh have you not heard of the little known disease called 'Glasgowitis' :doh::naughty:

I'm sure it's not but either he has to save his voice or he doesn't. What kind of special disease is there that allows one to sing everywhere but Glasgow? :naughty:

I think we don't know what are the reasons,but I'm sure he's doing his best.But I agree with you,he should have cancel all the gigs :aah:

I think we don't know what are the reasons,but I'm sure he's doing his best.But I agree with you,he should have cancel all the gigs :aah:

I'm sure he is doing his best and I do feel for him. It must make him feel nervous/insecure not being able to rely on his voice being 100%. Not to mention the pain and being forced to take drugs, etc.

But I think it's understandable for people to question the exact wording of the statement that was issued around cancelling Glasgow because it doesn't add up. People are not dumb and it just adds insult to injury to feel like they've been lied to.

I've had 4 gigs cancelled and I've never been angry about it. Mika even called personally to apologize after the London cancellation as we'd all been queuing the whole day and he felt terrible about it. I am sympathetic but it's a lot easier for people to deal with their disappointment when they feel like they are being told the truth.

I'm not sure whether I should be happy for the man for having such loyal fans or pity him for having fans that criticize him this harshly. We're worse than the Mikabashing sites sometimes. It's obvious why they chose to drop this gig rather than another one, but I don't think they would have cancelled it if he didn't have voice problems, so even though the official statement was not the complete story, I definitely wouldn't go as far as to call it a lie.

Personally I'm happy that he's not dropping these kind of promo things. I'm sad for the fans that were going to go to Glasgow, and yes, I would have been upset if I had bought plane tickets to go there myself, but such a high profile TV appearance has a lot more chance of getting him some album sales than a gig. The chances of him never doing another gig are negligible. The chances of him never doing another album, on the other hand, just might depend on album sales.

I'm not sure whether I should be happy for the man for having such loyal fans or pity him for having fans that criticize him this harshly. We're worse than the Mikabashing sites sometimes. It's obvious why they chose to drop this gig rather than another one, but I don't think they would have cancelled it if he didn't have voice problems, so even though the official statement was not the complete story, I definitely wouldn't go as far as to call it a lie.

Personally I'm happy that he's not dropping these kind of promo things. I'm sad for the fans that were going to go to Glasgow, and yes, I would have been upset if I had bought plane tickets to go there myself, but such a high profile TV appearance has a lot more chance of getting him some album sales than a gig. The chances of him never doing another gig are negligible. The chances of him never doing another album, on the other hand, just might depend on album sales.

Let me quote Facebook: "Having battled with laryngitis for a few weeks now and after many hours of treatment and consultation, the doctors have warned that Mika has to cut his singing commitments dramatically, or risk permanent damage to his voice."

Oh yeah ... that's obviously what he is doing right now. :mf_rosetinted:

Let me quote Facebook: "Having battled with laryngitis for a few weeks now and after many hours of treatment and consultation, the doctors have warned that Mika has to cut his singing commitments dramatically, or risk permanent damage to his voice."

Oh yeah ... that's obviously what he is doing right now. :mf_rosetinted:

I don't know what else he had planned :fisch:

Even if that gig is the only thing he cancelled, I'd say that is pretty dramatic. :mf_rosetinted:

Edit: Annie, don't take this personal, please. This is not aimed at you at all. Anyone that was going to go to that gig understandably feels frustrated and should be able to voice that frustration and disappointment here. It's just that in the past month everyone here has been having an opinion on what he should and should not do without knowing all the facts, and at this point I wanted to voice my opinion on that, which is that I'm getting a bit tired of it.

Edited by smokesignal

I'm sure he is doing his best and I do feel for him. It must make him feel nervous/insecure not being able to rely on his voice being 100%. Not to mention the pain and being forced to take drugs, etc.

But I think it's understandable for people to question the exact wording of the statement that was issued around cancelling Glasgow because it doesn't add up. People are not dumb and it just adds insult to injury to feel like they've been lied to.

I've had 4 gigs cancelled and I've never been angry about it. Mika even called personally to apologize after the London cancellation as we'd all been queuing the whole day and he felt terrible about it. I am sympathetic but it's a lot easier for people to deal with their disappointment when they feel like they are being told the truth.

Yes,I agree,but we don't know the truth :dunno:

I don't know what else he had planned :fisch:

Even if that gig is the only thing he cancelled, I'd say that is pretty dramatic. :mf_rosetinted:

Edit: Annie, don't take this personal, please. This is not aimed at you at all. Anyone that was going to go to that gig understandably feels frustrated and should be able to voice that frustration and disappointment here. It's just that in the past month everyone here has been having an opinion on what he should and should not do without knowing all the facts, and at this point I wanted to voice my opinion on that, which is that I'm getting a bit tired of it.

You are not alone ;-)

I'm not sure whether I should be happy for the man for having such loyal fans or pity him for having fans that criticize him this harshly. We're worse than the Mikabashing sites sometimes.

You can't be serious. If you are maybe you should check out YouTube sometime. Or anywhere else on the internet where Mika is being discussed where the posters aren't mother hens.

Yes,I agree,but we don't know the truth :dunno:

I think it's pretty safe to say the truth is that there is no such thing as Glasgowitis. :mf_rosetinted: