Manchester Ritz, UK - December 14, 2012 - REPORTS / PICTURES / VIDEOS

guylainem123

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After you got that taxi one pulled up in front of us and it was for you!!

Anyway, there was then a car crash in front of us and our own taxi was late so we were very cold and tired by the time we left The Ritz.

Really? I asked the taxi driver if he was there for the airport hotel and he said yes, so I kind of assumed it was him I had to have.

I'm sorry you had a car crash happening in front of you. I could start talking about the collisions I've been in, but that wouldn't get the two of you anywhere so I'm just hoping it didn't ruin the entire evening.

No no no no. I love him when there's an open bar. He loves me all the god damn time.

I am usually too bust dancing for open bars:mf_rosetinted:

I thought the whole choir thing worked brilliantly in NYC so it's unfortunate if it's fallen apart a bit. I can't remember if he specifically said they were his fans, but he did introduce everyone to the audience and made a big show about how he had memorized their names so I'm sure it was obvious to the audience that he'd just met them even if they thought they were more professional singers than random fans. One of the girls was a professional singer and one of the guys seems to be well connected in the entertainment industry. So it wasn't really a ragtag group of MFCers. :naughty:

Same in Amsterdam. 8 out of 10 did something with singing and the entertaining industry (and I wasn't one of them:naughty:) but people who didn't know, didn't know we were just fans. He introduced us as a youth choir from Amsterdam and even in reviews they mentioned us and said we did add something. I also had people come up to me to say they really enjoyed us on stage. So yeah, if it works, it works well.

And hi Tineke! Was so fun and surprising that we bumped into eachother today on the train! Thanks for keeping me company and I'n so happy you got home alright, was worried you'd miss your flight.

Guess what? My London flight back to Sweden was cancelled so I'm stuck at Heathrow in a hotel until another flight departs to Gothenburg tomorrow, it's crazy lol

Was very nice meeting you and all of the choirmembers, I had loads of fun with all of you, you were supersweet!

And thanks for asking about my scarf! I forgot my knitted dress there too but it's ok.

And thank you for standing me by in my quest for a boarding pass. I still feel bad for losing it. And for all the weird things I did in order to find it. I was actually quite sure you'd catch yours. Damn, girl :-S I hope the London hotel is not too expensive...

Oh right, it was a dress. I didn't remember what it was, I just remember its blackness and how much it would fit you. So...

A nice review which mentions the choir

http://liverpoolstudentmedia.com/2012/12/mika-gig-review/

I don't think it's fallen apart - actually - i think we made every effort to be professional - but as Tim told us - it is meant to be fun and enjoyable and Mika wants us to be this way and relaxed ---:wink2:

A nice review which mentions the choir

http://liverpoolstudentmedia.com/2012/12/mika-gig-review/

I don't think it's fallen apart - actually - i think we made every effort to be professional - but as Tim told us - it is meant to be fun and enjoyable and Mika wants us to be this way and relaxed ---:wink2:

Yeah that's the way I see it too, I mean it's a Mika concert :D It felt appropriate to dance like a lunatic and party with the crowd :D

Well I can honestly say for me personally it has been a whirlwind fantastic few days since I left Edinburgh on --- oh yeah Thursday morning – after originally going to be in London form Wednesday but having to change my plans last minute … skip to London Friday morning …… ok Kath and I travel back to Heathrow – her bound for Glasgow and me Edinburgh – but hey – I check my emails one last time and --- an email saying – CONRATULATIONS --- oh hell – stop! Noooo don’t drop my bag off – don’t head home – I’ve got to get to Manchester! Of course on the tube all the way I’d been debating with myself about just going anyway since Glasgow had been cancelled! I mean--- I deserved one last Mika gig before Christmas did I not?

So – some ££ later and several phone calls , texts and coffee’s later I arrived at Manchester- quick drop bag at hotel and off to Ritz!

Met the choir buddies – wish there had been room for even more of us on stage --- you know but hey! I arrived last but not least and Tim and the band rehearsed with us – it was fun and we got put in to groups according to vocal range etc..and ran through the songs ....

So – free time – we were asked to wait to see if Mika would rehearse with us but after a coffee and watching the band rehearsing were told not to worry to hang about as Mika was delayed – we could go and get food etc – ok! So we did and all ate together then back to the venue for about 7..40 ---- get robes - check hair - go to the loo --- quick pinch of the cheek and off!:aah:

Basically it was then just non stop on and off stage ---- Popular was the first up and after watching the first few songs form the side it was such excitement to walk up the side steps to be on the small stage with Mika…. He saw us all ----smiled and High 5 later and it’s off!:teehee:

I can honestly say that I enjoyed every minute – never had an issue with anyone backstage – felt they were all pretty chilled and I didn’t feel anyone was rude to me. We were in a kind of odd room and maybe that was problematic but we all had fun and my goodness we were on stage with someone whom we all mostly admire, respect and go to very many of his gigs! Manchester made a mere 21 for me – nothing in comparison to some of you guys! :wink2:

I loved ---seeing the audience form the stage --- Nina and Saskia stood out to me – my fellow polka dot’s enthusiasm – the privilege to be back stage and on the stage – seeing the different perspective ---- (as had done in 2010 as a big girl in Sheffield) The crowd were really loud and enthusiastic --- you heard them great form back stage! Silly photos under white lights – the feeling I got from being part of this high energy show – the craziness of it all! Glitter – silly moves- singing my heart out – dancing mad at the side of the stage with PDC members and trying hard and hell -------having fun!:naughty:

I just feel very lucky when I think about what an experience I have had – I know many people have not been on stage ever and --well some don’t want to be and some do – but I was part of this unique experience and I just feel ---well happy!

I guess I was just so pleased in a way as when Glasgow was cancelled I thought so was my chance to be in PDC – but it turned out not to be thanks to the late entries considered for this time.

Spending time with fellow friends i have made through this experience is always fun - even when we sometimes get tired and a little emotional :wink2:

I could go on and on and on but hey you don't want to know about the hotel - breakfast and stuff so i'll say bye just now

….. I better try and get back these lost hours of sleep now.

photos form london and Manchester are here :-D

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10200198483344341.205878.1219673482&type=1&l=45d4332ed3

So I finally managed to upload the action men video :yay:

[YOUTUBE]3y8YIhVS8Cc[/YOUTUBE]

Thank you SO much! This is the best thing ever, will cherish this moment forever.

Downloading the video now, I won't publish it anywhere, just for memories:p

THANK YOU

I was so anxious and nervous about going to Mika's show for first time on my own without a support worker companying me and wasn't gonna go support worker who had earlier in the day even cancelled hotel for me but later in the afternoon suddenly thought can't let my anxiety get better of me so got on train and went to show. actually got to front which was great as I'm a petite 5ft 2 and could actually see properly Mika was great and was a fun show. waited outside to meet him and was a quick signing as he needed to go London for the morning show but managed to speak to him. told him I had moved out supported living and he smiled and congualated me which was sweet of him then said I had 2 dogs and would he like a 2nd dog but he said one dog was a enough for him lol I was so nervous just said first thing came to mind. got to speak to Mika's crew after he went I was being nosy and watching stuff getting put in a stage truck and they were getting in another van and got talking to them a lady seemed nice gave me a hug. I then had to go for train but missed last train home to Liverpool so had to get a coach bus home waited 2 hours for that and didn't get home until 4am even my basset hound dog Penny barked at me when came home lol but was worth it was a great show and hope he does more shows in the UK sometime next year.

Well I can honestly say for me personally it has been a whirlwind fantastic few days since I left Edinburgh on --- oh yeah Thursday morning – after originally going to be in London form Wednesday but having to change my plans last minute … skip to London Friday morning …… ok Kath and I travel back to Heathrow – her bound for Glasgow and me Edinburgh – but hey – I check my emails one last time and --- an email saying – CONRATULATIONS --- oh hell – stop! Noooo don’t drop my bag off – don’t head home – I’ve got to get to Manchester! Of course on the tube all the way I’d been debating with myself about just going anyway since Glasgow had been cancelled! I mean--- I deserved one last Mika gig before Christmas did I not?

So – some ££ later and several phone calls , texts and coffee’s later I arrived at Manchester- quick drop bag at hotel and off to Ritz!

Met the choir buddies – wish there had been room for even more of us on stage --- you know but hey! I arrived last but not least and Tim and the band rehearsed with us – it was fun and we got put in to groups according to vocal range etc..and ran through the songs ....

So – free time – we were asked to wait to see if Mika would rehearse with us but after a coffee and watching the band rehearsing were told not to worry to hang about as Mika was delayed – we could go and get food etc – ok! So we did and all ate together then back to the venue for about 7..40 ---- get robes - check hair - go to the loo --- quick pinch of the cheek and off!:aah:

Basically it was then just non stop on and off stage ---- Popular was the first up and after watching the first few songs form the side it was such excitement to walk up the side steps to be on the small stage with Mika…. He saw us all ----smiled and High 5 later and it’s off!:teehee:

I can honestly say that I enjoyed every minute – never had an issue with anyone backstage – felt they were all pretty chilled and I didn’t feel anyone was rude to me. We were in a kind of odd room and maybe that was problematic but we all had fun and my goodness we were on stage with someone whom we all mostly admire, respect and go to very many of his gigs! Manchester made a mere 21 for me – nothing in comparison to some of you guys! :wink2:

I loved ---seeing the audience form the stage --- Nina and Saskia stood out to me – my fellow polka dot’s enthusiasm – the privilege to be back stage and on the stage – seeing the different perspective ---- (as had done in 2010 as a big girl in Sheffield) The crowd were really loud and enthusiastic --- you heard them great form back stage! Silly photos under white lights – the feeling I got from being part of this high energy show – the craziness of it all! Glitter – silly moves- singing my heart out – dancing mad at the side of the stage with PDC members and trying hard and hell -------having fun!:naughty:

I just feel very lucky when I think about what an experience I have had – I know many people have not been on stage ever and --well some don’t want to be and some do – but I was part of this unique experience and I just feel ---well happy!

I guess I was just so pleased in a way as when Glasgow was cancelled I thought so was my chance to be in PDC – but it turned out not to be thanks to the late entries considered for this time.

Spending time with fellow friends i have made through this experience is always fun - even when we sometimes get tired and a little emotional :wink2:

I could go on and on and on but hey you don't want to know about the hotel - breakfast and stuff so i'll say bye just now

….. I better try and get back these lost hours of sleep now.

photos form london and Manchester are here :-D

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10200198483344341.205878.1219673482&type=1&l=45d4332ed3

Really delighted that it turned out so well for you and that you enjoyed it so much. It was a mad day - even from my end from waking up late and us rushing to Heathrow . I counted 55 texts between us that day!

It did work!! It doesn't start from the beginning and is quite far away but it does start with Mika unravelling himself from me!!:fisch:

I'd love to see that close up!

Also, a close up one of Popular when he shares his mic with John.

I'm just so impatient for videos!!!!! :aah:

It did work!! It doesn't start from the beginning and is quite far away but it does start with Mika unravelling himself from me!!:fisch:

I'd love to see that close up!

Also, a close up one of Popular when he shares his mic with John.

I'm just so impatient for videos!!!!! :aah:

I'm sure there will be more vids shared soon, it was so cool when he danced with you :D

So I finally managed to upload the action men video :yay:

[YOUTUBE]3y8YIhVS8Cc[/YOUTUBE]

:lmfao:

This video just reminds me of an interview where he said that his shows might look weird when you just see little bits of them on youtube, but they work when you're there. I'd actually say they work for anyone who's ever been to a Mika gig, but for the rest I think this is a classic example. Thanks for posting, it's hilarious!

I found this but it's sort of shaky and brief, we need more vids :aah:

[YOUTUBE]2u40eDj0uEg[/YOUTUBE]

This is mine, I recorded it off my blackberry so that's why it's so bad. Look on my channel as well, there's some more brief videos :D

I'm following this because I feel cheated at not being there. I did have a good time at the M.E.N. Arena but now you're saying he won't have UK dates for a very long time, it's very sad. Still it looks as if most of you had a great time. Well done to the PD choir. I'm really surprised that there were only 7 of you. I thought they'd do shift because of the numbers from Glasgow. I hope there weren't too many who missed out.

Thanks Kath :wink2:

It was just fantastic and we have video of ourselves on stage with one of the sweetest popstars ever- who goes to great lengths to involve his fans at every opporchancity! :mikadas:

I was at the bag drop for the Edinbugh flight when an email came saying- congratulations :aah:

:wink2:

Vicky, you were soooo lucky. If the e-mail hadn't come in time, you might have been in the air to the wrong city! So glad you had the chance to be on stage. From the first vids I watched I thought there were only 4 of you.

598408_10151167905066226_1088615810_n.jpg

just wanted to post a pic of our gang!!

You too, Liz; I wonder how many of us have done the big-girl/choir double act?

Yes I feel really over the moon- thank you :wink2:

That's a great report and thanks do much for all the choir photos!

It was really good to see you and Saskia smiling from the front row- I was surprised how well you see everyone!!:teehee:

I was delighted when I saw the smiling faces in the front row in Munich, but it was even better when I looked further back and saw everyone was smiling or singing or both :-)

I was so anxious and nervous about going to Mika's show for first time on my own without a support worker companying me and wasn't gonna go support worker who had earlier in the day even cancelled hotel for me but later in the afternoon suddenly thought can't let my anxiety get better of me so got on train and went to show. actually got to front which was great as I'm a petite 5ft 2 and could actually see properly Mika was great and was a fun show. waited outside to meet him and was a quick signing as he needed to go London for the morning show but managed to speak to him. told him I had moved out supported living and he smiled and congualated me which was sweet of him then said I had 2 dogs and would he like a 2nd dog but he said one dog was a enough for him lol I was so nervous just said first thing came to mind. got to speak to Mika's crew after he went I was being nosy and watching stuff getting put in a stage truck and they were getting in another van and got talking to them a lady seemed nice gave me a hug. I then had to go for train but missed last train home to Liverpool so had to get a coach bus home waited 2 hours for that and didn't get home until 4am even my basset hound dog Penny barked at me when came home lol but was worth it was a great show and hope he does more shows in the UK sometime next year.

Brilliant! Well done you, I'm so glad you went, delighted that you enjoyed the show, really pleased to hear that you had a chance to talk to Mika and relieved that you coped with the problem of getting home and arrived back safely :thumb_yello:

Edited by Ruth