Manchester Ritz, UK - December 14, 2012 - REPORTS / PICTURES / VIDEOS

guylainem123

I uploaded some pics in my blog post:

http://anothermikablog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/gig-reviews-mika-ritz-manchester.html

(Sorry to spam with that, I don't have much internet time to upload the pics twice)

That's for the blog mentions....glad we added something to the show, we really loved it!

I've 'borrowed' one of your pictures for my Facebook...hope you don't mind?! :blink:

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh that makes alot of sense! Nice to see you got to a Mika gig just the same & got to be in the choir too! :blush-anim-cl:

Yes I feel really over the moon- thank you :wink2:

I uploaded some pics in my blog post:

http://anothermikablog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/gig-reviews-mika-ritz-manchester.html

(Sorry to spam with that, I don't have much internet time to upload the pics twice)

That's a great report and thanks do much for all the choir photos!

It was really good to see you and Saskia smiling from the front row- I was surprised how well you see everyone!!:teehee:

On my train north now but will report with photos later :wink2:

That's for the blog mentions....glad we added something to the show, we really loved it!

I've 'borrowed' one of your pictures for my Facebook...hope you don't mind?! :blink:

That's a great report and thanks do much for all the choir photos!

It was really good to see you and Saskia smiling from the front row- I was surprised how well you see everyone!!:teehee:

Sorry my report was so clumsy, after only a little bit of sleep I can't find words in English :aah: Feel free to use the pics if there are any suitable! I have some more, I will try to upload them on FB or in my blog or somewhere as soon as I have time.

Lol, it's embarrassing to realize how well you can see the audience from stage, isn't it :teehee:

Wow! Yesterday evening was probably the best of my life! The show was absolutely amazing and the venue was small, so we were really close to the stage. It was just incredible: he performed loads of songs, old and new, and was very lively, chatty and jokey. He interacted with the crowd and band almost constantly.

Someone threw two naked action men on stage, which were contorted into slightly awkward positions and mika sang to them and kept on joking around with them. He said it was the weirdest thing that had ever been thrown at him. Mika was on the piano ( playing it an on top of it) for quite a lot of the gig, which was a pleasant surprise, and his voice was brilliant. His voice only cracked once, and his falsetto was faultless. I'd braced myself for a lower standard of singing because of his throat issues, but I'd have never guessed his throat was bad last night, his voice was just amazing! He even made up a little song at the beginning of celebrate, about the weather, sore throats and anything else that popped into his head. He is such a natural spontaneous performer! It took 4 hours for me to get there, but the show was worth every second of that (MIKA said he spent 6 1/2 hours getting there ad he only arrived 4 minutes before he came on stage!) My legs hurt now from jumping and dancing around like a maniac for the whole time though.:doh:

Both Thomas and the other guy as I say we're both genuinely concerned and surprised that we hadn't had the usual meeting and honestly felt it was just an error- that MIKA thought WE had left!!! :doh:

Oh man that is unfortunate. :aah:

The best part was when I wore the 'Mika' mask and he smiled at me like, 'da fuq is wrong with you?!' :aah: and then I passed it to Jo and she gave it to him!

I met him afterwards and told him about the mask! He giggled and said it was really funny of you :teehee: so cute

Oh I think I've seen those masks. They are so creepy...but hilarious. :roftl:

598408_10151167905066226_1088615810_n.jpg

Will do a review next, just wanted to post a pic of our gang!!

Aw I know most of those faces...brilliant pic! I can guess who your Toyboy is but who is the girl between him and Karin? (sorry if I should know this already. :blush-anim-cl:)

I used to talk to backstage ppl as a fan rep, whenever doing that I pretend to be cool and extreamly professional someone... never try to cross their line ...... even never mention Mika's name and pretend I never interested in any of Mika things :mf_rosetinted: I'm good at doing that :aah:

Yes me too. Never mention his name or stare at him. I think I've spent more time around Mika pretending that I have no idea who he is than I have openly fangurling. :naughty:

If you get to know his real crew though (the ones who tour with him everywhere, not the local staff), they are very cool. They know we're nuts but harmless. :naughty:

Wow! Yesterday evening was probably the best of my life! The show was absolutely amazing and the venue was small, so we were really close to the stage. It was just incredible: he performed loads of songs, old and new, and was very lively, chatty and jokey. He interacted with the crowd and band almost constantly.

Sounds like it was a really good gig and a perfect first experience. Really pleased for you!

So we had a really lovely time last night. The show was really really fun and had a bit of an edge. When he said on the Graham Norton show that he had a conversation with 'himself' what he actually meant was that he was flirting with himself. 'Oh Mika, you're so good at the piano, oh Mika, you're so handsome, oh Mika, what a lovely chin you have' and this went on for quite some time. But it was hilarious so I'll let him off.

When he came out he was in pretty good spirits, I had a nice bottle of the new honey blend JD for him to enjoy over Christmas, just as a little thank you for all the weird and wonderful things that have happened this year. He looked down into the bag, then this huge grin just spread across his face, he looked up, and raised his hand for a high five. No words needed, hahaha.

He signed my copy of TOOL which I had in the car and grabbed it when we went to collect the gifts, so that was lovely. Thomas was kind as ever - when we rolled up 30 minutes before show time he was like 'why aren't you in the warm?!!?' haha. He's ace.

Anyway, lovely time, was awesome seeing my lovely ladies again, and laying in bed with breakfast listening to our email get read out on the radio was a pretty sweet way to finish our mad little weekend. :)

Aw I know most of those faces...brilliant pic! I can guess who your Toyboy is but who is the girl between him and Karin? (sorry if I should know this already. :blush-anim-cl:)

Sadly, I don't know her MFC name (I think she must be on MFC) but she was in the choir in Brussels too. I can't spell her name but it sounded like Tadjina Jessen and she's from Belgium.

Hopefully she'll pop on here and scold me for my terrible spelling/memory soon!! :naughty:

Oh, and I don't know how you knew which one my Toyboy was??!! :aah:

At one point Mika walked right up to John and pointed at his mike as if to say "you're the only guy...gimme some help with the singing will you?!" :teehee:

So we had a really lovely time last night. The show was really really fun and had a bit of an edge. When he said on the Graham Norton show that he had a conversation with 'himself' what he actually meant was that he was flirting with himself. 'Oh Mika, you're so good at the piano, oh Mika, you're so handsome, oh Mika, what a lovely chin you have' and this went on for quite some time. But it was hilarious so I'll let him off.

When he came out he was in pretty good spirits, I had a nice bottle of the new honey blend JD for him to enjoy over Christmas, just as a little thank you for all the weird and wonderful things that have happened this year. He looked down into the bag, then this huge grin just spread across his face, he looked up, and raised his hand for a high five. No words needed, hahaha.

He signed my copy of TOOL which I had in the car and grabbed it when we went to collect the gifts, so that was lovely. Thomas was kind as ever - when we rolled up 30 minutes before show time he was like 'why aren't you in the warm?!!?' haha. He's ace.

Anyway, lovely time, was awesome seeing my lovely ladies again, and laying in bed with breakfast listening to our email get read out on the radio was a pretty sweet way to finish our mad little weekend. :)

He loves you when you get him drunk:mf_rosetinted:

Aha! It was your email!! :thumb_yello:

You right, the problem is that the stages are too small for the number of people...

I did said that I thought "musically" speaking, the choir doesn't add so much in the Mika gig even if it's nice to see them having fun. I mean, of course, and it's what I said, it's wonderful for fans and I did experience amazings things as well so I'm glad Mika does that and am so happy for fans :huglove: But I really don't want to seem nasty saying that...

But we can't hear the voices very well, and Mika doesn't really introduces the choir, as a fans choir, which he should do in my opinion.

Because people who don't know it's a fans choir could think this is not very professional and it's not fair for the choir, because it's not the aim of the choir. I heard some comments in Nantes from people behind me, and I told them that the people in the choir were fans, so their point of view was really different when they learn that and they find that very cute and thought Mika was great doing that :thumb_yello:

But if you think it's a professional choir, and honestly, if you're not in the Mika world, you can't imagine they are fans :naughty: you don't have the same point of view...

Sorry if I'm not clear enough :teehee:

I agree with you that Mika should explain that the choir are fans who've applied on YT. I think it would show Mika in a very good light, as he's the only popstar (that I know of) who does this for his fans.

I thought the whole choir thing worked brilliantly in NYC so it's unfortunate if it's fallen apart a bit. I can't remember if he specifically said they were his fans, but he did introduce everyone to the audience and made a big show about how he had memorized their names so I'm sure it was obvious to the audience that he'd just met them even if they thought they were more professional singers than random fans. One of the girls was a professional singer and one of the guys seems to be well connected in the entertainment industry. So it wasn't really a ragtag group of MFCers. :naughty:

I just really want to see a video of Love You When I'm Drunk and Big Girls, I'd also love a video of when he first picked up the action man and started chatting about it :D

I want to see this too.

I saw that someone had posted Big Girl on YT but I can't watch them on this iphone :( but search for it Vixen! :)

Lara, there's a new Big Girl on there but it's London...was it definitely Manchester?

If so, do you know the posters name?

That would be me. Tineke is my name, T-I-N-E-K-E. But don't worry, I have to spell my name all the time in Belgium, too. Also, I'm @lynxie1989 on Twitter.

On to my report:

I had a great time being in the choir as a whole. I did have the advantage of having rehearsed with Mika in Brussels, as we got to hear him singing and dancing around and having fun instead of being this ill and feverish (although I did think he did a great job.) Tim was really happy to see me and so was I to see him, actually (the "you have a terrific voice" and "you have a huge range" from Brussels come to mind.) Mika just kind of nodded and smiled at me, and his eyes were saying: "Hey, you too, welcome back, I like(d) you", but I haven't said a word to him all evening (and I haven't interacted with him on stage either, really weird.)

The cohesion within the choir was huge. The warmth radiating from the members surprised me. I don't know exactly why I didn't have that feeling in Brussels. Maybe because I was late? Maybe because of the amount of people in the Brussels choir? (12 instead of 7?) I don't know.

I'm wondering what happened to Lara's scarf and vest/coat? I happened to meet with her again on the train to the airport the next day. (Today.) If I had known, I would have taken them with me. I started chattering with a girl who studies pop music at the university of Leeds at the gate at the airport (Lara: she was even later than I was), so I had company on the plane ^_^ I gave her my e-mail address. I think a new friendship may be born - she called me her "friend" and she gave me a big hug at the luggage depot.

On to Mika: he did a great job being this ill and still singing. I think he's so stupid and yet admire him so much for still doing this. I hope they're not giving him too much poison to fight the infection with but as other choir members stated already, I didn't get a chance to ask him. It was a pity I didn't bring my CDs in Brussels and it was a pity he wasn't there to sign them in Manchester. Gah. I also wonder what the hell went wrong with us not knowing he had already gone. But I am prepared to forgive him, as he is very ill and still working, and he's usually either really playful or extremely gentle with me. (Really, he is. He deserves so much better than getting **** from people who don't know what he is like.)

And yes, the security did do an awful lot of checking. But at the end of the evening they started remembering my face and I could just talk to them in a normal kind of way. I'm sorry they treated you the way they did, Lara. I have heard people are afraid of me because I am tall and quite heavy-built. You are short and slim (and I mean this as a compliment, honestly - you're beautiful) and may be an easy target to be rude to.

I'd rather not comment on the gig as I did think Mika sounded a lot like P!nk live: very restrained, barely able to rise above the instrumentals, you name it. But I know that was just because he has next to no voice left. I've seen him do a lot better, musically speaking. But it was magic in so many other ways! The joke with the mask. The joke with the action men "making love." Mika laughing at Max, for once, and not Curtis. Mika laughing at Curtis. (Lolz.) It was fun, really. I was a great distraction from my everyday life as I was actually planning on getting back to my hotel and cry. (I'm not in the best phase of my life at this point.) But then I got that text I asked for (as I didn't have easy internet access), and I started crying even worse than I already was (right in the middle of the internet café in the neighbourhood), and from then it only went better and better.

I have had a singing class after Brussels and the tips I got there actually helped me a lot. The only problem was, I was so nervous I could barely eat. And you can't use your muscles to sing if you have no nutrients to keep them going with. So I need to do something about that.

That is all.

Edited by lynx
I keep proofreading...

That would be me. Tineke is my name, T-I-N-E-K-E. But don't worry, I have to spell my name all the time in Belgium, too. Also, I'm @lynxie1989 on Twitter.

On to my report:

I had a great time being in the choir as a whole. I did have the advantage of having rehearsed with Mika in Brussels, as we got to hear him singing and dancing around and having fun instead of being this ill and feverish (although I did think he did a great job.) Tim was really happy to see me and so was I to see him, actually (the "you have great voice" and "you have a huge range" from Brussels come to mind.) Mika just kind of nodded and smiled at me, and his eyes were saying: "Hey, you too, welcome back, I like(d) you", but I haven't said a word to him all evening (and I haven't interacted with him on stage either, really weird.)

After you got that taxi one pulled up in front of us and it was for you!! :aah:

Anyway, there was then a car crash in front of us and our own taxi was late so we were very cold and tired by the time we left The Ritz.

The cohesion within the choir was huge. The warmth radiating from the members surprised me. I don't know exactly why I didn't have that feeling in Brussels. Maybe because I was late? Maybe because of the amount of people in the Brussels choir? (12 instead of 7?) I don't know.

I'm wondering what happened to Lara's scarf and vest/coat? I happened to meet with her again on the train to the airport the next day. (Today.) If I had known, I would have taken them with me. I started chattering with a girl who studies pop music at the university of Leeds at the gate at the airport (Lara: she was even later than I was), so I had company on the plane ^_^ I gave her my e-mail address. I think a new friendship may be born - she called me her "friend" and she gave me a big hug at the luggage depot.

On to Mika: he did a great job being this ill and still singing. I think he's so stupid and yet admire him so much for still doing this. I hope they're not giving him too much poison to fight the infection with but as other choir members stated already, I didn't get a chance to ask him. It was a pity I didn't bring my CDs in Brussels and it was a pity he wasn't there to sign them in Manchester. Gah. I also wonder what the hell went wrong with us not knowing he had already gone. But I am prepared to forgive him, as he is very ill and still working, and he's usually either really playful or extremely gentle with me. (Really, he is. He deserves so much better than getting **** from people who don't know what he is like.)

And yes, the security did do an awful lot of checking. But at the end of the evening they started remembering my face and I could just talk to them in a normal kind of way. I'm sorry they treated you the way they did, Lara. I have heard people are afraid of me because I am tall and quite heavy-built. You are short and slim (and I mean this as a compliment, honestly - you're beautiful) and may be an easy target to be rude to.

I'd rather not comment on the gig as I did think Mika sounded a lot like P!nk live: very restrained, barely able to rise above the instrumentals, you name it. But I know that was just because he has next to no voice left. I've seen him do a lot better, musically speaking. But it was magic in so many other ways! The joke with the mask. The joke with the action men "making love." Mika laughing at Max, for once, and not Curtis. Mika laughing at Curtis. (Lolz.) It was fun, really. I was a great distraction from my everyday life as I was actually planning on getting back to my hotel and cry. (I'm not in the best phase of my life at this point.) But then I got that text I asked for (as I didn't have easy internet access), and I started crying even worse than I already was (right in the middle of the internet café in the neighbourhood), and from then it only went better and better.

I have had a singing class after Brussels and the tips I got there actually helped me a lot. The only problem was, I was so nervous I could barely eat. And you can't use your muscles to sing if you have no nutrients to keep them going with. So I need to do something about that.

That is all.

Tineke!! So sorry that I couldn't remember. I remembered that it started with a T!! :blush-anim-cl:

Oh yes, as soon as I saw you had posted in the thread I realized it must be you! :thumb_yello:

Thanks for your report. It's interesting to hear different perspectives. I'm sorry you guys did not get to see him after the gig.

Lara, there's a new Big Girl on there but it's London...was it definitely Manchester?

If so, do you know the posters name?

James Smith http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=8&ved=0CFAQtwIwBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DSoa5W-S1bMQ&ei=aeXMUJnKKqiP4gSChoDgAg&usg=AFQjCNG4LXHgxn8tQRJWuB9qx5mv6wvvMg

Does this link work? Sorry my phone is acting insane lol

And hi Tineke! Was so fun and surprising that we bumped into eachother today on the train! Thanks for keeping me company and I'n so happy you got home alright, was worried you'd miss your flight.

Guess what? My London flight back to Sweden was cancelled so I'm stuck at Heathrow in a hotel until another flight departs to Gothenburg tomorrow, it's crazy lol

Was very nice meeting you and all of the choirmembers, I had loads of fun with all of you, you were supersweet!

And thanks for asking about my scarf! I forgot my knitted dress there too but it's ok.

Yeah we had a blast backstage taking photos! :D I have loads of photos from these past three days that I'm dying to share here with you. First thing I'll do tomorrow when I get home :)

Edited by LaraMay
Typos lol