Manchester Ritz, UK - December 14, 2012 - REPORTS / PICTURES / VIDEOS

guylainem123

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just quickly, i didn't feel treated badly by anyone backstage, and i also don't think it was the crew's fault that we didn't get to meet mika at all. i think he simply didnt want to meet us,like already in london after the show where i had the feeling he just met his fans because he thought it was expected,not cause he wanted to.same with the fans waiting outside yesterday,from what i heard.but at least outside i would have gotten to say goodbye to him,just a quick second,that would have been enough. because i dont know when i'll see him again. he said in the show that it's gonna be the last uk show for a very long time. and i just have a weird feeling. thats why i'm sad and worried.

show was fab tho,he talked lots again and crowd was on fire! :-) will report when i'm home.

Will post a proper report and upload pictures after Graham Norton has finally interviewed Mika :naughty: but am uploading the video with Mika and the action men as I type. The connection here isn't too good so every percent takes 2 minutes each and it will take ages :aah: but 7% are done already! :yay:

Well, I can safely say that last night was worth the numerous hours queuing in the continuous rain in the centre of Manchester...even if I've only just re gained feeling in my toes :naughty:

I have to say though, the support act was the worst excuse of a 'warm up' I've ever seen - I wasn't even sure he was an act! A lady behind me muttered than he just looked as if he was jammin' in his bedroom :aah: and he didn't look up to the crowd once.

It was like torture waiting for him to finish and when he finally did, I wasn't sure if the people who were cheering as he left we cheering for his act or because he'd finally finished!

So glad to read this gig was great :thumb_yello:

It seemed he had lot of fun, and the action man and mask stories are nice ! :naughty:

Sorry to read Lara's post and feelings.:huglove: And interesting to see that we don't experience things the same way, as Mellody and Vicky didn't felt the same.

He sounds pretty good in these videos. I mean obviously he is straining a bit but so many pop singers these days have to strain to sing their songs live under any condition because their voices aren't great to start with. It must suck for Mika especially if he has to take a lot of meds to get through, but I would think for the average audience member they don't even notice.

There is a really great fan review on Mika's FB page about how he was in top form but I'm afraid that just led to more questioning about why he is cancelled Glasgow. :aah:

I thought the same... When we see the vids, I don't think the voices problems were the only reason they cancelled Glasgow :dunno: And that's why I'm even sadder for the Scotts fans and the others who planned to go there...

just quickly, i didn't feel treated badly by anyone backstage, and i also don't think it was the crew's fault that we didn't get to meet mika at all. i think he simply didnt want to meet us,like already in london after the show where i had the feeling he just met his fans because he thought it was expected,not cause he wanted to.same with the fans waiting outside yesterday,from what i heard.but at least outside i would have gotten to say goodbye to him,just a quick second,that would have been enough. because i dont know when i'll see him again. he said in the show that it's gonna be the last uk show for a very long time. and i just have a weird feeling. thats why i'm sad and worried.

show was fab tho,he talked lots again and crowd was on fire! :-) will report when i'm home.

Sorry you couldn't see him after the gig to say goodbye :huglove:

What is the weird feeling you have ?

Because he said exactly the same in Nantes, his last French gig :blink:

I don't think he will tour again soon :tears:

I was in the choir with some of our lovely MFCers and the show itself was incredibly fun but I just have to get something off my chest;

Before the show, we had a great rehearsal with the band, which went great, then we took a break before showtime and I just have to say that, the crew members at this gig treated us like we weren't even allowed to be there and some of them were really rude to us on a regular basis before and during the show. I was on the Copenhagen choir in October and this experience was the complete opposite of that.

The rehearsal with the band and the show itself was a wonderful experience but we were all extremely disappointed that no one in Mika's team let us know after the show that Mika wouldn't have time for a meet n greet. I'm not a spoiled fan but I felt like an idiot, waiting with the other choirmembers in our hallway, just waiting for someone to let us know what was going on, with a giant bouquet of flowers which I was planning to give to him.

So I have mixed feelings really :( I feel happy about the show itself; It was a whole lot of fun and Mika was awesome and the audience rocked!

It's just sad that we were treated like we didn't even matter backstage though. They even put a giant chain lock on our door so we couldn't "sneak into" Mika's dressingroom; It was just ridicilous; And I don't blame Mika's team for this because it could've been the Ritz people who caused this silly and rude nonsense, I don't know, I'm just shocked that Mika would treat his fans like this; He must be feeling really stressed out and exhausted 'cause it just didn't make any sense whatsover that no one gave a damn about us, appart from the band and the assistant who brought us our robes.

I had a lot of fun on stage though, I think we all did :)

I just feel sad and happy at the same time and we deserved to be treated way better than that. Sorry for any typos, it's 4:30 here in Manchester and I'm really exhausted.

But please don't assume I didn't appreciate the experience; It was one of the most awesome moments of my life being on stage and throwing my bag of confetti all over the place lol

I have to say, the crew were good to us and it helped our experience to be wonderful. I'm sorry, however, that the choir wern't treated well. That really sucks bigtime.

Its sad that people don't think the choir adds anything. I think it does because its ordinary fans getting a chance to have an experience they'll remember forever. But it would look better if he was on bigger stages. The small stages from the two UK gigs are too small for too many people. It looked too cluttered. I think that was what the problem really was.

Well the crew were extremely rude to me, trying to get me thrown out on numerous occations, constantly questioning if my choirpass really was valid and stupid stuff. I was extremely insulted by it. The others must've been lucky and I got all the rude attacks :(

But I won't let it ruin my experience, I had a great time onstage.

Well the crew were extremely rude to me, trying to get me thrown out on numerous occations, constantly questioning if my choirpass really was valid and stupid stuff. I was extremely insulted by it. The others must've been lucky and I got all the rude attacks :(

Why wouldn't it have been valid?! :blink: Was it the same as the other passes?

Its sad that people don't think the choir adds anything. I think it does because its ordinary fans getting a chance to have an experience they'll remember forever. But it would look better if he was on bigger stages. The small stages from the two UK gigs are too small for too many people. It looked too cluttered. I think that was what the problem really was.

You right, the problem is that the stages are too small for the number of people...

I did said that I thought "musically" speaking, the choir doesn't add so much in the Mika gig even if it's nice to see them having fun. I mean, of course, and it's what I said, it's wonderful for fans and I did experience amazings things as well so I'm glad Mika does that and am so happy for fans :huglove: But I really don't want to seem nasty saying that...

But we can't hear the voices very well, and Mika doesn't really introduces the choir, as a fans choir, which he should do in my opinion.

Because people who don't know it's a fans choir could think this is not very professional and it's not fair for the choir, because it's not the aim of the choir. I heard some comments in Nantes from people behind me, and I told them that the people in the choir were fans, so their point of view was really different when they learn that and they find that very cute and thought Mika was great doing that :thumb_yello:

But if you think it's a professional choir, and honestly, if you're not in the Mika world, you can't imagine they are fans :naughty: you don't have the same point of view...

Sorry if I'm not clear enough :teehee:

Edited by French Deb

Sorry to hear that... when contact to backstage ppl as a fan, we sometimes should take that kind of rudeness from them.... :huh: I used to talk to backstage ppl as a fan rep, whenever doing that I pretend to be cool and extreamly professional someone... never try to cross their line ...... even never mention Mika's name and pretend I never interested in any of Mika things :mf_rosetinted: I'm good at doing that :aah:

or those ppl are on guard and I know that make me feel bad so.... :doh:

Please understand them... from their experience they might know that around a popstar there must be quite a few crazy psychos trying to sneak into backstage...

You right, the problem is that the stages are too small for the number of people...

I did said that I thought "musically" speaking, the choir doesn't add so much in the Mika gig even if it's nice to see them having fun. I mean, of course, and it's what I said, it's wonderful for fans and I did experience amazings things as well so I'm glad Mika does that and am so happy for fans :huglove: But I really don't want to seem nasty...

But we can't hear the voices very well, and Mika doesn't really introduces the choir, as a fans choir, which he should do in my opinion.

Because people who don't know it's a fans choir could think this is not very professional and it's not fair for the choir, because it's not the aim of the choir. I heard some comments in Nantes from people behind me, and I told them that the people in the choir were fans, so their point of view was really different when they learn that and they find that very cute and thought Mika was great doing that :thumb_yello:

But if you think it's a professional choir, and honestly, if you're not in the Mika world, you can't imagine they are fans :naughty: you don't have the same point of view...

Sorry if I'm not clear enough :teehee:

John and I went outside whilst he had a cigarette after the gig and some people recognised us and wanted their pictures taken with us. They asked how we'd gotten involved and when we said we were fans and that it was via Youtube they were gobsmacked! They thought we were a professional choir....so like you say, people will think we were a shabby, badly rehearsed choir rather than a group of fans who only had a few hours notice and 15 minutes of rehearsals!!

ops more ....

Stardust

[YOUTUBE]YIIlzawsceo[/YOUTUBE]

Popular Song

[YOUTUBE]6qo20x49EYY[/YOUTUBE]

Can I just say......THANK YOU!!! for posting your videos!

I woke up this morning and checked in on here to see if anyone had posted and there they were! We jumped out of bed and watched about 3 or 4 times in a row!!

It's like it was a dream until I saw the videos!!

Did you manage to take any more?

I really want to see Big Girl as my face will be filled with panic when Mika grabbed me and nearly pulled me over!! :naughty:

What nice pics !! :thumb_yello: You are so smily

John and I went outside whilst he had a cigarette after the gig and some people recognised us and wanted their pictures taken with us. They asked how we'd gotten involved and when we said we were fans and that it was via Youtube they were gobsmacked! They thought we were a professional choir....so like you say, people will think we were a shabby, badly rehearsed choir rather than a group of fans who only had a few hours notice and 15 minutes of rehearsals!!

It's exactly what I wanted to say ! It's soooo difficult for you, and I think people in the audience should know all the details :wink2:

Sorry to hear that... when contact to backstage ppl as a fan, we sometimes should take that kind of rudeness from them.... :huh: I used to talk to backstage ppl as a fan rep, whenever doing that I pretend to be cool and extreamly professional someone... never try to cross their line ...... even never mention Mika's name and pretend I never interested in any of Mika things :mf_rosetinted: I'm good at doing that :aah:

or those ppl are on guard and I know that make me feel bad so.... :doh:

Please understand them... from their experience they might know that around a popstar there must be quite a few crazy psychos trying to sneak into backstage...

I didn't even speak to the crew members and they even grabbed me and held me in place whilst calling other crewmembers to check if I had any business being there eventhough I showed them my pass.

Edited by LaraMay

I'm not even sure what kind of report to write given the fact that we only saw the gig from the side of the stage and not in it's full glory but anyway...

We had a very quick soundcheck, minus Mika who was 'stuck in traffic' (and not stuck in the middle!!) then went to The Cornerhouse for a bite to eat. During which there was a fire drill and we nearly had to leave!! Anyway, the gig start time was brought forward to 8pm (I'm guessing the support act didn't show?) so we were told to be ready for then. However, Mika arrived really late and so we didn't see him prior to the gig starting at about 8.15pm.

We watched the first few songs from the side where we were to go on and realised that he missed a song out so had to dash backstage to robe up!!

On we went and it seemed so surreal and I felt soooo unprepared for it!! :teehee: My Toyboy and I got to stand together (Tim kept referring to us as 'The Lovebirds'!!) so it was so much fun with him by my side! :wub2:

Popular was our first song and it was over in a flash and we were off stage again! Robes off and then a dance beside the stage watching the back of Mika's head!! :doh:

We were on and off all through the gig and it was over far too soon. After all the worry about it being cancelled, etc it was such a relief to have actually gotten to do it.

However, as Lara and others have mentioned, the lack of seeing him off stage was a sting in the tale.

I've seen other peoples choir pics with him messing about with them after the gig, all happy and relaxed and was soooo excited that I may finally be able to get a photo of the two of us (I may even have let my Toyboy be in it with us!!) and have a little chat with him as I knew this one such a one off moment.

Although it was a subconcious thought at the time, having seen a few people comment on him saying it would be a 'long time' before he played in the UK again, I now realise it was probably going to be my last chance to meet him properly.

My fear was that he would be too ill/moody to do more than a quick group pic....but looking back now that would have been great instead of nothing at all.

We were told to contact the person dealing with the choirs and 'see what she could sort out' but in reality, with only one more gig left, what can be done?

Anyway, I don't mean to dwell on it...but I did say there were highs and lows!! :aah:

I wouldn't have missed being part of last night for anything but I just want to do it again....and again....and again!! :naughty:

This is just a very quick post as I'm having a quick awake moment!

Lara the lock was nothing to do with keeping us away from MIKA dressing room it was because it led to the club area part of the venue and it was to stop the public from going through that area and about keeping us safe while we were back and foward to the stage as all our bags etc were there.

I mean both yulia and i we went to the toilet area and that was near MIKA's area and no one was least bothered tbh what we were doing! I never once felt the staff were watching us in that way- it's funny your different perspective and I'm sorry you felt that way. The guy after the show was even standing at our door especially he told me to keep safe / protect our area so that nonoe had access to our belongings.

I felt the security and staff we very relaxed actually.

It was disappointing at the end not to meet him again but I think myself if was just a genuine bad organistion thing rather than any plan to Ignore us or not want to etc--- as you know I Spoke to Thomas and he was apologetic and made a couple of suggestions that we could ask about arranging something else and seemed genuinely sincere and obliging.

Anyhow I'm typing this from my hotel bed in Manchester but should be sleeping!!

I had a wonderful experience and felt honoured to be on the stage with MIKA performing tonight and can't let the mix up at the end spoil it for me- I'm too happy- maybe that's cause this was a very lucky break for me- as Glasgow was the gig I applied to be in the choir- it was cancelled and then this happened so I just felt very lucky!:)

I think we all had great fun- cicumstances- like MIKA being later- in a hurry and the fact he had to be leaving very early for the radio commitment meant that maybe it felt we were overlooked but tbh after speaking to Thomas and one other crew member I think it wasn't meant to be a calculated plan to make us feel bad. Lara I'm just sorry you felt that way. Anyways I can't do a proper report from my phone but when I'm back in edinburgh tomorrow night I sure will! Hope this isn't full of typos. :wink2:

Oh that makes alot of sense! Nice to see you got to a Mika gig just the same & got to be in the choir too! :blush-anim-cl: