Manchester Ritz, UK - December 14, 2012 - REPORTS / PICTURES / VIDEOS

guylainem123

Oh Manchester!!! We are waiting for you!!! :uk:

Tell us all about your gig experience please! :pray:

As usual, keep the chitchat to a minimum ;o)

----------

REPORTS

----------

Maca

Marilyn Mastin

LaraMay

eloise.shaw

vixenbbw

tiibet

Ellenowl

Jazzy

lynx

vickylovesmika

punky1989

Statue_of_Liberty

----------

PICTURES

----------

Maca

vixenbbw: Part I / Part II

tiibet

Sarah_Lollipop

vickylovesmika

LaraMay

Statue_of_Liberty

Set List

professional photos: Getty Images

----------

VIDEOS

----------

Sarah_Lollipop:

Statue_of_Liberty:

Maca:

mellody:

MikaMadLuke:

PurpleCat:

Edited by mari62
updating content - post 159

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was my first time seeing him and it was amazing.

The only bad thing was how I got inside at 6:30, had some absolutely poor DJ who thought it was an opportunity for him to play all of his 80s CD collection, I was so bored, it was cruel to make us wait that long without a support act or anything.

But yeah, one of the best nights on my life, I threw my action men on stage and he was playing with them for ages, I wrote "Gay for mika" and he was like "you're gay for me?" Hahaha, felt like I had a conversation with him for ages.

Absolutely loved it, so glad I threw them dolls on. Will write a full review soon

Edited by Maca

It was my first time seeing him and it was amazing.

The only bad thing was how I got inside at 6:30, had some absolutely poor DJ who thought it was an opportunity for him to play all of his 80s CD collection, I was so bored, it was cruel to make us wait that long without a support act or anything.

But yeah, one of the best nights on my life, I threw my action men on stage and he was playing with them for ages, I wrote "Gay for mika" and he was like "you're gay for me?" Hahaha, felt like I had a conversation with him for ages.

Absolutely loved it, so glad I threw them dolls on. Will write a full review soon

It was you? The action men were so funny!

That was one of the weirdest gigs i've seen. Really funny though. The band, the audience and the choir were great. Mika was totally different than in london. Sometimes i couldn't hear his voice but it didn't matter. He was good and had a lot of energy. He talked a lot and did weird things on stage. I'm sure there will be many vids. Afterwards he said it was much harder than yesterday and was really surprised to hear that we thought it was much better. One more gig left. everything is so very sad strange isn't it?

Edited by tiibet

Hi all!

I didn't wait for Mika to come out (out of the building I mean, he's already come out of the other thing haha couldn't resist) The fact is, I'm not able now to stand and wait for him. I'm basically knackered. But anyway...

I loved the gig. First of all, The Ritz was better organised, as far as I, as a disabled person, was conceerned. Alan and I got shown to the balcony straight away. We wern't kept hanging around like we were at The Roundhouse. They gave us seats which were spitting-distance from Mika. Not that we tested the spitting distance, of course.

Okay, I'm keeping this lighthearted to offset some of the negativity that happened from the gig yesterday. But honestly, Mika was great tonight, and after the gig I heard several people remark that it was one of the best gigs they'd seen!

Some things that were good about yesterday, were also good today. Like the part where Max climbs onto the piano and Mika rocks the instrument. Those kind of teasing things have always been a kind of speciallity with Mika, no matter who the hapless band member is. One thing really funny about tonight though, was when he gave the keyboard player a mask of HIMSELF, as he must have realised people have mistaken the guy for Mika, so he made a joke of it.

On to the songs. He started with Relax, not the slow French song. He only did one French song, EMD, but tonight, as also last night, the crowd were getting into it and porquois-ing with the best of them.

Because I'm on the balcony I get a view that most MFCers don't get, I can honestly say that the crowd were one with Mika. Even the none MFCers who were further back, really sang out and showed their love for him.

His voice, and the songs were really brill. I do miss Happy Ending and he really MUST put that back in the setlist. But I love Uw as he performs it live, it's beautiful. I also love his live versions of Stardust, Lola and Origin.

I do hope he puts more songs from TOOL in his repatoire, as they are so good, but I also think it's okay that he still performs some older songs, as people still remember them.

Alan and I had a wonderful time. We got a taxi home after the gig and I'm now relaxing with a brandy-and-milk as I type this. I'm sure Mika would approve.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

I was in the choir with some of our lovely MFCers and the show itself was incredibly fun but I just have to get something off my chest;

Before the show, we had a great rehearsal with the band, which went great, then we took a break before showtime and I just have to say that, the crew members at this gig treated us like we weren't even allowed to be there and some of them were really rude to us on a regular basis before and during the show. I was on the Copenhagen choir in October and this experience was the complete opposite of that.

The rehearsal with the band and the show itself was a wonderful experience but we were all extremely disappointed that no one in Mika's team let us know after the show that Mika wouldn't have time for a meet n greet. I'm not a spoiled fan but I felt like an idiot, waiting with the other choirmembers in our hallway, just waiting for someone to let us know what was going on, with a giant bouquet of flowers which I was planning to give to him.

So I have mixed feelings really :( I feel happy about the show itself; It was a whole lot of fun and Mika was awesome and the audience rocked!

It's just sad that we were treated like we didn't even matter backstage though. They even put a giant chain lock on our door so we couldn't "sneak into" Mika's dressingroom; It was just ridicilous; And I don't blame Mika's team for this because it could've been the Ritz people who caused this silly and rude nonsense, I don't know, I'm just shocked that Mika would treat his fans like this; He must be feeling really stressed out and exhausted 'cause it just didn't make any sense whatsover that no one gave a damn about us, appart from the band and the assistant who brought us our robes.

I had a lot of fun on stage though, I think we all did :)

I just feel sad and happy at the same time and we deserved to be treated way better than that. Sorry for any typos, it's 4:30 here in Manchester and I'm really exhausted.

But please don't assume I didn't appreciate the experience; It was one of the most awesome moments of my life being on stage and throwing my bag of confetti all over the place lol

Edited by LaraMay

I was in the choir with some of our lovely MFCers and the show itself was incredibly fun but I just have to get something off my chest;

Before the show, we had a great rehearsal with the band, which went great, then we took a break before showtime and I just have to say that, the crew members at this gig treated us like we weren't even allowed to be there and some of them were really rude to us on a regular basis before and during the show. I was on the Copenhagen choir in October and this experience was the complete opposite of that.

The rehearsal with the band and the show itself was a wonderful experience but we were all extremely disappointed that no one in Mika's team let us know after the show that Mika wouldn't have time for a meet n greet. I'm not a spoiled fan but I felt like an idiot, waiting with the other choirmembers in our hallway, just waiting for someone to let us know what was going on, with a giant bouquet of flowers which I was planning to give to him.

So I have mixed feelings really :( I feel happy about the show itself; It was a whole lot of fun and Mika was awesome and the audience rocked!

It's just sad that we were treated like we didn't even matter backstage though. They even put a giant chain lock on our door so we couldn't "sneak into" Mika's dressingroom; It was just ridicilous; And I don't blame Mika's team for this because it could've been the Ritz people who caused this silly and rude nonsense, I don't know, I'm just shocked that Mika would treat his fans like this; He must be feeling really stressed out and exhausted 'cause it just didn't make any sense whatsover that no one gave a damn about us, appart from the band and the assistant who brought us our robes.

I had a lot of fun on stage though, I think we all did :)

I just feel sad and happy at the same time and we deserved to be treated way better than that. Sorry for any typos, it's 4:30 here in Manchester and I'm really exhausted.

But please don't assume I didn't appreciate the experience; It was one of the most awesome moments of my life being on stage and throwing my bag of confetti all over the place lol

Oh I have mix fellings after read your review :sad: sad about crew and no greet with Mika, why this things happening? :dunno:

... anyway great gig and choir, congrats Lara :huglove:

He sounds pretty good in these videos. I mean obviously he is straining a bit but so many pop singers these days have to strain to sing their songs live under any condition because their voices aren't great to start with. It must suck for Mika especially if he has to take a lot of meds to get through, but I would think for the average audience member they don't even notice.

There is a really great fan review on Mika's FB page about how he was in top form but I'm afraid that just led to more questioning about why he is cancelled Glasgow. :aah:

:roftl: I hope there is video of this, sounds awesome. Thanks for the pics.

It's just sad that we were treated like we didn't even matter backstage though. They even put a giant chain lock on our door so we couldn't "sneak into" Mika's dressingroom; It was just ridicilous;

WTF? :aah: Does this mean you were locked inside and couldn't get out? Did someone tell you that was the reason? I wonder if they've been having problems with some of the fans backstage (wouldn't surprise me). But do you think it's just a case of Team Mika forgetting about you and the local crew not being very good?

I would really love to be in the choir but I don't think I would like this backstage aspect. We had a really amazing experience working on the set once but it was the day before the gig so everyone was really relaxed. It was only Mika's people around and they let us wander around freely. Show day is a much higher pressure situation and I can see how it would be stressful if someone wasn't looking after you properly.

I'm glad things were better in Copenhagen so you know it was just an off night. And I'm glad the show itself went well.

This is just a very quick post as I'm having a quick awake moment!

Lara the lock was nothing to do with keeping us away from MIKA dressing room it was because it led to the club area part of the venue and it was to stop the public from going through that area and about keeping us safe while we were back and foward to the stage as all our bags etc were there.

I mean both yulia and i we went to the toilet area and that was near MIKA's area and no one was least bothered tbh what we were doing! I never once felt the staff were watching us in that way- it's funny your different perspective and I'm sorry you felt that way. The guy after the show was even standing at our door especially he told me to keep safe / protect our area so that nonoe had access to our belongings.

I felt the security and staff we very relaxed actually.

It was disappointing at the end not to meet him again but I think myself if was just a genuine bad organistion thing rather than any plan to Ignore us or not want to etc--- as you know I Spoke to Thomas and he was apologetic and made a couple of suggestions that we could ask about arranging something else and seemed genuinely sincere and obliging.

Anyhow I'm typing this from my hotel bed in Manchester but should be sleeping!!

I had a wonderful experience and felt honoured to be on the stage with MIKA performing tonight and can't let the mix up at the end spoil it for me- I'm too happy- maybe that's cause this was a very lucky break for me- as Glasgow was the gig I applied to be in the choir- it was cancelled and then this happened so I just felt very lucky!:)

I think we all had great fun- cicumstances- like MIKA being later- in a hurry and the fact he had to be leaving very early for the radio commitment meant that maybe it felt we were overlooked but tbh after speaking to Thomas and one other crew member I think it wasn't meant to be a calculated plan to make us feel bad. Lara I'm just sorry you felt that way. Anyways I can't do a proper report from my phone but when I'm back in edinburgh tomorrow night I sure will! Hope this isn't full of typos. :wink2:

ops more ....

Stardust

[YOUTUBE]YIIlzawsceo[/YOUTUBE]

Popular Song

[YOUTUBE]6qo20x49EYY[/YOUTUBE]

Oh thank you! :wink2:

You have recorded my high five moment :blush-anim-cl:

That was genuinely wonderful just getting on that tiny stage :teehee:

Thanks for these recordings - I look forward to watching them when I get home:wink2:

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW

Could I just say that when Vicky and I parted at Heathrow yesterday morning she was supposed to be boarding a plan for Edinburgh not Manchester. :sneaky2::naughty:

This looks amazing! I so wish I had been there - but so pleased that it was a great night.

Yep - sounds to me like a genuine mix up at at the end - and he would obviously be in a rush to get back for the Radio thing. That's a shame. But on stage looks amazing!

Thanks for the vids :thumb_yello: LOVE Popular!!!

I don't really feel bad about them forgetting about us that much actually, but they just made me feel like we weren't worth the respect of being told what was going on, just sitting there in our hallway waiting :(

I had an awesome time onstage, I mean the show was really unique and amazing, so I feel great about that. :)

I just demand respect from all people no matter who they are when I'm giving it back...

Especially since team Mika knew we were waiting there.

I don't really feel bad about them forgetting about us that much actually, but they just made me feel like we weren't worth the respect of being told what was going on, just sitting there in our hallway waiting :(

I had an awesome time onstage, I mean the show was really unique and amazing, so I feel great about that. :)

I just demand respect from all people no matter who they are when I'm giving it back...

Especially since team Mika knew we were waiting there.

That's the thing Lara I think it was the fact that where we were located and a few other factors meant that probably someone else thought someone else was dealing with us? We actually got left pretty much to manage ourselves I think and that was probably due to a lack of maybe one or two team people not being there? I dunno- you can tie yourself in knots about it and I know it could feel like we were not being respected or whatever but I just don't feel that was the case- just a setof circumstances and turn of events that led it to with out that way. Both Thomas and the other guy as I say we're both genuinely concerned and surprised that we hadn't had the usual meeting and honestly felt it was just an error- that MIKA thought WE had left!!! :doh:

Yeah maybe yes- maybe not but don't let it get you down- you got glitter in your hair :teehee:

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW

Could I just say that when Vicky and I parted at Heathrow yesterday morning she was supposed to be boarding a plan for Edinburgh not Manchester. :sneaky2::naughty:

This looks amazing! I so wish I had been there - but so pleased that it was a great night.

Yep - sounds to me like a genuine mix up at at the end - and he would obviously be in a rush to get back for the Radio thing. That's a shame. But on stage looks amazing!

Thanks for the vids :thumb_yello: LOVE Popular!!!

Thanks Kath :wink2:

It was just fantastic and we have video of ourselves on stage with one of the sweetest popstars ever- who goes to great lengths to involve his fans at every opporchancity! :mikadas:

I was at the bag drop for the Edinbugh flight when an email came saying- congratulations :aah:

Full story soon - better get the journey home planned!

:wink2:

Last night was probably one of the best gigs I've been to! The audience were really great, and Mika remarked that we all samg in tune! Hoooray! The best part was when I wore the 'Mika' mask and he smiled at me like, 'da fuq is wrong with you?!' :aah: and then I passed it to Jo and she gave it to him!

He messed around with it and I've just uploaded a video from my phone of him with it. :teehee: the action man thing was hilarious! :aah: at the end they put one of them on a stool and sprayed glitter on it! :lmfao:

I'd say Mika seemed to enjoy it, and the crowd definitely did, but he did mention that it was like when he drove up to Manchester last time for the BBC interview and it was all a bit like a dream :aah: he also mentioned it would be the last UK gig he will do for a VERY long time! :tears:

But with such a gig as a departure, I don't mind. Loved it overall! He worked really hard, and tge audience really reacted to it and loved it. I smelt terrible after with the sweat I was producing :lmfao:

(sorry for spelling mistakes, on mu phone)

Last night was probably one of the best gigs I've been to! The audience were really great, and Mika remarked that we all samg in tune! Hoooray! The best part was when I wore the 'Mika' mask and he smiled at me like, 'da fuq is wrong with you?!' :aah: and then I passed it to Jo and she gave it to him!

He messed around with it and I've just uploaded a video from my phone of him with it. :teehee: the action man thing was hilarious! :aah: at the end they put one of them on a stool and sprayed glitter on it! :lmfao:

I'd say Mika seemed to enjoy it, and the crowd definitely did, but he did mention that it was like when he drove up to Manchester last time for the BBC interview and it was all a bit like a dream :aah: he also mentioned it would be the last UK gig he will do for a VERY long time! :tears:

But with such a gig as a departure, I don't mind. Loved it overall! He worked really hard, and tge audience really reacted to it and loved it. I smelt terrible after with the sweat I was producing :lmfao:

(sorry for spelling mistakes, on mu phone)

I met him afterwards and told him about the mask! He giggled and said it was really funny of you :teehee: so cute