• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks dear!

Very well done. Thank you

big thanks for translating Lucrezia :D

Thank you Lucrezia for translation! :flowers2:

Many thanks for the translation :thumb_yello:

Grazie,Lucrezia! :huglove: (and waiting for the rest :wink2:)

Thanks for your translation Lucrezia! - hope your exams went well :blush-anim-cl:

You're welcome! :blush-anim-cl:

I'm finishing the other part so I can post all the interview later....give me just little more time

Mika: When people talk to me in Italian thinking that I do not understand it, I turn and I embarrass them! Especially when I hear people say: look how he's dressed, but which he's believed to be… I turn and say: a guy who understand everything you say and that who is happy to not be like you!

Is he saying that he's happy to not be like the kind of person who would mock him for what he's wearing? :thumb_yello::wub2:

Here's the other part of interview :aah: Hope you'll like it!

Mika: I started with music very early, I was a child who lived in his head. I was a dreamer, I was dreaming all day, I never let my room. I was pretending to be in another world. I was so much in it that at school was terrible: indeed, for a long period, I stopped talking, I preferred the world in my head than that one around me.

Journalist: Michael Holbrook Penniman Jr was a talent. It's one of those children with tormented soul, so much big inside to be quiet into his body still young ... he was restless and destined to explode artistically.

Mika: I was kicked out of school and I started making music: I became good very quickly. So fast that I got my first job at the age of 11 in the opera and I have not stopped since. Music became the connection between the real world and the fantastic in my head. It was inevitable that as an adult I'd be back to making music.

Journalist: Mika’s story is epic. Born in 1983 in Beirut by Lebanese mother and an American father was forced to leave Lebanon during the war and moved to Paris. He learned to play the piano, he wrote his first song at 7 years: it was called Angry. At 9 years old he moved to London, where he was bullied and became dyslexic to the point that his mother was to be his teacher at home. The seed of the art, however, was inside of him: it was just waiting to sprout. Today he is an artist of rare vitality, receptive and curious.

Mika: I like hunting. Making music is like chasing something: it's that feeling that fills you when you realized something decent and you are aware that you have created from nothing. You used the world around you to design something new that did not exist before. It is a feeling that gives well-being and it is addictive and then you chase it forever, you always try to find it.

Journalist: Where do you find inspiration Mika?

Mika: I find inspiration in everything. I find it in a bass line that for some reason reminds me of when I was 18 years old ... I find it in an advertisement of jeans of the 90's in which a sailor was thrown into the water and he's drowning but the mermaids come there to give him air…the inspiration for Underwater comes from there, for example: With your love I can breathe ... I can breathe underwater. I find inspiration everywhere: from people I see, on the street…

Mika: My life has changed so much. I grew up in music, today is all about what I do and it can become an obsession, you risk to forget that you're only doing music.

Journalist: The risk in this business is to forget to live, you forget to do this if you're not doing music. Mika doing this job since he was 11 years old he is not able to do anything else. So, if he is not working, if he does not make music or he is not on tour, he becomes a monster because he is bored.

Mika: I think at times i'm more aware of my challenges and my failures rather than my successes. On the one hand it is good because in this way I'll go ahead and I am encouraged to do interesting things, on the other hand is not good because I do not appreciate enough what happens to me. I do not know who cares: I just want to write something, the next thing, something good, do a show. That's the way I am.

Journalist: Mika can show off a base of enviable loyal supporters. What is your relationship with those who are below the stage?

Mika: I like contact with my fans. They are on stage with me, they are part of my world and of this entire process. Of course, they are not part of my private life in any way. I have established a very clear boundary: I am a very private person. The fans are part of my musical and creative universe, they are members of my collective.

Mika: They follow me around the world, they participate in the show, they feel part of the show. They prepare a surprise at almost every concert to make feel all the audience part of the show. I love that thing! I’m very lucky to have fans like mine.

Journalist: A private life: and old friends?

Mika: I always see my old friends, my little gang of weirdos. We became friends because we didn’t have friends and we are still at the same way. We are in Paris, in London, almost everywhere because most of us work in the arts then we go. We are like nomads. The musicians never know where and when they meet their friends: it can happen in China, London or Zurich and you never know when it will happen.

Mika: I made so many festivals in Switzerland and I will continue. There are some on the list for this summer, but I cannot say it yet.

Journalist: The Mika's shows are a hoot. To compensate for the lightness of his music there is an arrangement almost theatrical, to the limit of cabaret. The stage is a bridge that connects the real world with the fantasy world that it’s in his head.

Mika: to one of my concerts you will find everything: I can be by myself at the piano or with twenty people who make music with me. My concerts are like an insane house party where no one knows anyone but nobody cares because it is fun. People sing, dance ... it's an indescribable place... a happy place even if, sometimes, the songs are sad.

Journalist: How is the Swiss experience? What do you think of this country?

Mika: I love playing here, I like how is variegated this small country. You meet all kinds of people: from the Italian with the warm blood to the French to the German. This mix in such a small area: it's really interesting! It 's a beautiful place where I always enjoy! Speaking of concerts, however, Switzerland people are a good public, they listen carefully without fear to participate at the show that is a good combination.

During my train journey (my last exam yeeee) to return home from Turin to Milan, I started to transcribe the interview :teehee:

Here are the first 12 minutes of it! I'll post the other 20mins as soon as possible :wink2:

Mika: My last album is called “The Origin Of Love”. It’s a funny title because when you see it, you think about the usual classic theme, mystic… Then, you discover that it is a combination of love songs very modern, funny, raw or rabid. Singing about love is like talking about life, the two things are virtually identical. My challenge is to create happy love songs that are not gimcrack but real.

Journalist: Once, wandering from a stage to the other one of the Paleo Festival, I stumbled in front of the “grand scene” of a circus. In truth, it was a gig, but it looked a circus: costumes, garlands, posters, cabaret, and an overwhelming joy in the audience. Looking carefully from afar, I realized that all that positive energy stemmed from Mika.

English pop singer, Mika was born in Beirut and grew up in Paris: he’s a fantasy on the legs. He has scaled the heights of pop with his simple, colorful and original track like Grace Kelly for example.

GRACE KELLY

Journalist: Sandra Romano met him in Zurigo and she is made tell the origin of love, his third album.

STARDUST

Mika: It’s an important album , it’s an evolution but you can always recognize me and hear my melodies. That way to restructure my choruses, obviously it's an unmistakable Mika's album. I hate to repeat myself...I hate to be my cartoon… I want to change, grow up, evolve, use my albums to understand my existence. If I look at them, besides the fact that they have very long titles, I can see three phases of my life. I need them to understand what happened to me in those two or three years while I was producing them. But this is more joyous of the second album, explosive, it's full of color, fantasy, makes you feel good and better about the world around you.

Journalist: Speaking of love as talk about life, Mika has already said it to us. But what does the title track talk about? Because, The Origin Of Love is also a track of the album

THE ORIGIN OF LOVE

Mika: It’s an insane love song. There is no a single word of this text which brings to a typical love song. It's absurd as it sounds. It says: love is a drug, do you want my cigarette, you are my Nicorette, I'm addicted to you. If I'm sick you are my medicine, so I'd better go and cure myself.

It says: forget Adam and Eve, forget God, forget history, forget everything that has been said, scrap everything and start over because now that I met you I see everything differently.

I would not mind if someone would tell me it but I was the first to say it...

The Origin Of Love

Mika talks in Italian: Ciao Sono Mika e Saluto Tutti gli Amici e ascoltatori di Rete Tre

The Origin Of Love

Mika: I sang in French for the first time, it is super fun. I grew up in Paris, I speak French fluently, I also understand Italian, but unfortunately I can not speak it.

EMILY

Journalist: French is one of the innovations of Mika's third album, it does linguistic justice to his childhood. In fact, don't try to make comments on his shoulders convinced that he doesn't understands you.

Mika: When people talk to me in Italian thinking that I do not understand it, I turn and I embarrass them! Especially when I hear people say: look how he's dressed, but which he's believed to be… I turn and say: a guy who understand everything you say and that who is happy to not be like you!

MAKE YOU HAPPY

Journalist: The Origin Of Love contains 14 songs: this time as was the case with Life in Cartoon Motion, it is not the juice of just one head.

Make You Happy

Mika: Every time I make an album, I like to find the maximum of an inspiration…I’m a solo singer… I don’t have a band who gives me ideas…I put people together.

With the first album, I regrouped my friends and colleagues: we confronted each other, we created and at the end I composed the songs from a rhythm or from a riff that came out from those meetings. I made the second album practically alone but this time I went back to the collective. I chose weirdos who make pop already on their own: pop believable, interesting... nothing mechanical and corporate. There is Nick Littlemore of Empire Of The Sun, Farrell Williams and also some people that I found on Internet as Ben Garret who was 22 years old when I met him. I met him at his parents' house and three weeks later he was with us in Miami to work. I was at the piano and they were there with other instruments: I just need a bass line and I can immediately write something different without being anchored to my own habits.

Journalist: The Origin Of Love went out on September 2012… Mika’s favourite song is Love You When I’m Drunk

Mika: I wrote it as a message to a person with whom I went out, we were dating for a long time and I told to this person: I don't find a reason to go out with you but for some reason with a couple of glasses of wine it's easy to appreciate you. It’s obvious that something is wrong ... but I think it’s right to tell you. I have to get away from you and you have to go away from me ... I said in the song, and I also sent it to this person. It’s a message so rude but so true and honest and funny in a way. Sometimes it's just saying things like that in a pop song that you can leave behind someone because if you tell it in the face, you getting caught by a punch.

LOVE YOU WHEN I’M DRUNK

Journalist: If you want to know The Origin Of Love, even ethyl, phagocyte The Origin Of Love…

LOVE YOU WHEN I’M DRUNK

Sorry if there are mistakes :blush-anim-cl:

Mika: I started with music very early, I was a child who lived in his head. I was a dreamer, I was dreaming all day, I never let my room. I was pretending to be in another world. I was so much in it that at school was terrible: indeed, for a long period, I stopped talking, I preferred the world in my head than that one around me.

Journalist: Michael Holbrook Penniman Jr was a talent. It's one of those children with tormented soul, so much big inside to be quiet into his body still young ... he was restless and destined to explode artistically.

Mika: I was kicked out of school and I started making music: I became good very quickly. So fast that I got my first job at the age of 11 in the opera and I have not stopped since. Music became the connection between the real world and the fantastic in my head. It was inevitable that as an adult I'd be back to making music.

Journalist: Mika’s story is epic. Born in 1983 in Beirut by Lebanese mother and an American father was forced to leave Lebanon during the war and moved to Paris. He learned to play the piano, he wrote his first song at 7 years: it was called Angry. At 9 years old he moved to London, where he was bullied and became dyslexic to the point that his mother was to be his teacher at home. The seed of the art, however, was inside of him: it was just waiting to sprout. Today he is an artist of rare vitality, receptive and curious.

Mika: I like hunting. Making music is like chasing something: it's that feeling that fills you when you realized something decent and you are aware that you have created from nothing. You used the world around you to design something new that did not exist before. It is a feeling that gives well-being and it is addictive and then you chase it forever, you always try to find it.

Mika: I find inspiration in everything. I find it in a bass line that for some reason reminds me of when I was 18 years old ... I find it in an advertisement of jeans of the 90's in which a sailor was thrown into the water and he's drowning but the mermaids come there to give him air…the inspiration for Underwater comes from there, for example: With your love I can breathe ... I can breathe underwater. I find inspiration everywhere: from people I see, on the street…

Mika: My life has changed so much. I grew up in music, today is all about what I do and it can become an obsession, you risk to forget that you're only doing music.

Journalist: The risk in this business is to forget to live, you forget to do this if you're not doing music. Mika doing this job since he was 11 years old he is not able to do anything else. So, if he is not working, if he does not make music or he is not on tour, he becomes a monster because he is bored.

Mika: I think at times i'm more aware of my challenges and my failures rather than my successes. On the one hand it is good because in this way I'll go ahead and I am encouraged to do interesting things, on the other hand is not good because I do not appreciate enough what happens to me. I do not know who cares: I just want to write something, the next thing, something good, do a show. That's the way I am.

Journalist: Mika can show off a base of enviable loyal supporters. What is your relationship with those who are below the stage?

Mika: I like contact with my fans. They are on stage with me, they are part of my world and of this entire process. Of course, they are not part of my private life in any way. I have established a very clear boundary: I am a very private person. The fans are part of my musical and creative universe, they are members of my collective.

Mika: They follow me around the world, they participate in the show, they feel part of the show. They prepare a surprise at almost every concert to make feel all the audience part of the show. I love that thing! I’m very lucky to have fans like mine.

Mika: I always see my old friends, my little gang of weirdos. We became friends because we didn’t have friends and we are still at the same way. We are in Paris, in London, almost everywhere because most of us work in the arts then we go. We are like nomads. The musicians never know where and when they meet their friends: it can happen in China, London or Zurich and you never know when it will happen.

Mika: I made so many festivals in Switzerland and I will continue. There are some on the list for this summer, but I cannot say it yet.

Journalist: The Mika's shows are a hoot. To compensate for the lightness of his music there is an arrangement almost theatrical, to the limit of cabaret. The stage is a bridge that connects the real world with the fantasy world that it’s in his head.

Mika: to one of my concerts you will find everything: I can be by myself at the piano or with twenty people who make music with me. My concerts are like an insane house party where no one knows anyone but nobody cares because it is fun. People sing, dance ... it's an indescribable place... a happy place even if, sometimes, the songs are sad.

Mika: I love playing here, I like how is variegated this small country. You meet all kinds of people: from the Italian with the warm blood to the French to the German. This mix in such a small area: it's really interesting! It 's a beautiful place where I always enjoy! Speaking of concerts, however, Switzerland people are a good public, they listen carefully without fear to participate at the show that is a good combination.

Fantastic, thanks for the translations Lucrezia :huglove:

Thank you sooo much once more Lucrezia - you're fantastic!:blush-anim-cl:

What a good, new interview !! :thumb_yello: I love how MIKA shares his inner thoughts and ideas - and gives credits to his loyal fans, but still keeps his private area very clear :thumb_yello: He's just a winner - or like ABBA sings: "The winner takes it all" :fisch::wub2:

Love,love

me

Thanks for translating, Lucri!:huglove:

But since when IOLYWID is his favourite song from the album??? :naughty:

Thank you so much Lucrezia!

And I don't know when and were (on the MFC, obviously, but don't know which thread) but I've read that once before.