• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What did he just say about his fans??

'my little gang of weirdos'??

:lmfao::lmfao:

All that I could understand was he likes the contact with his fans they are part of his musical and creative world and also they are members of his collective but not of his private life. He also says his fans participate in all of his shows and they prepare surprises in almost every gig and make the other people take part of the show as well and says that he adores that and he's very lucky to have those kind of fans, love them! :wub2::wink2: and we love him :wub2:

I would love to translate it for you, but I've an exam to do this friday so i can't do it this time :aah:
don't worry Lucrezia, thanks anyway, good luck for your exam!!

if no one is going to translate, I'll try to do it in the next days :)

What did he just say about his fans??

'my little gang of weirdos'??

:lmfao::lmfao:

he's referring to his friends :naughty:

All that I could understand was he likes the contact with his fans they are part of his musical and creative world and also they are members of his collective but not of his private life. He also says his fans participate in all of his shows and they prepare surprises in almost every gig and make the other people take part of the show as well and says that he adores that and he's very lucky to have those kind of fans, love them! :wub2::wink2: and we love him :wub2:
:thumb_yello:

:naughty:

:mf_rosetinted:

This concept of dubbing over a guest on the radio is so bizarre to me. What is the point of speaking to someone if you cannot see or hear them?

Most people in the European countries don't understand English that well. Doesn't help them if they can hear him but don't understand him. Only solution would be to play his answer first and than translate it. But I think most of the stations don't have that much broadcasting-time.

I don't like it, too, but I see why it's there.

And if it's another language than English that is dubbed I'm not so angry about it any more myself :naughty:

Most people in the European countries don't understand English that well. Doesn't help them if they can hear him but don't understand him. Only solution would be to play his answer first and than translate it. But I think most of the stations don't have that much broadcasting-time.

I don't like it, too, but I see why it's there.

I understand that the audience doesn't understand English but then why go to the trouble of doing an interview at all? You can't see him. You can't hear him. It's no different than having one of the DJs read his answers from an email questionnaire. I imagine a lot of the subtlety and expression you get from doing a live interview is lost by the dubbing anyway.

Good news: after my last exam (tomorrow), during the weekend i'll translate for you this interview :wink2:

Thanks Lucrezia :flowers2:

During my train journey (my last exam yeeee) to return home from Turin to Milan, I started to transcribe the interview :teehee:

Here are the first 12 minutes of it! I'll post the other 20mins as soon as possible :wink2:

Mika: My last album is called “The Origin Of Love”. It’s a funny title because when you see it, you think about the usual classic theme, mystic… Then, you discover that it is a combination of love songs very modern, funny, raw or rabid. Singing about love is like talking about life, the two things are virtually identical. My challenge is to create happy love songs that are not gimcrack but real.

Journalist: Once, wandering from a stage to the other one of the Paleo Festival, I stumbled in front of the “grand scene” of a circus. In truth, it was a gig, but it looked a circus: costumes, garlands, posters, cabaret, and an overwhelming joy in the audience. Looking carefully from afar, I realized that all that positive energy stemmed from Mika.

English pop singer, Mika was born in Beirut and grew up in Paris: he’s a fantasy on the legs. He has scaled the heights of pop with his simple, colorful and original track like Grace Kelly for example.

GRACE KELLY

Journalist: Sandra Romano met him in Zurigo and she is made tell the origin of love, his third album.

STARDUST

Mika: It’s an important album , it’s an evolution but you can always recognize me and hear my melodies. That way to restructure my choruses, obviously it's an unmistakable Mika's album. I hate to repeat myself...I hate to be my cartoon… I want to change, grow up, evolve, use my albums to understand my existence. If I look at them, besides the fact that they have very long titles, I can see three phases of my life. I need them to understand what happened to me in those two or three years while I was producing them. But this is more joyous of the second album, explosive, it's full of color, fantasy, makes you feel good and better about the world around you.

Journalist: Speaking of love as talk about life, Mika has already said it to us. But what does the title track talk about? Because, The Origin Of Love is also a track of the album

THE ORIGIN OF LOVE

Mika: It’s an insane love song. There is no a single word of this text which brings to a typical love song. It's absurd as it sounds. It says: love is a drug, do you want my cigarette, you are my Nicorette, I'm addicted to you. If I'm sick you are my medicine, so I'd better go and cure myself.

It says: forget Adam and Eve, forget God, forget history, forget everything that has been said, scrap everything and start over because now that I met you I see everything differently.

I would not mind if someone would tell me it but I was the first to say it...

The Origin Of Love

Mika talks in Italian: Ciao Sono Mika e Saluto Tutti gli Amici e ascoltatori di Rete Tre

The Origin Of Love

Mika: I sang in French for the first time, it is super fun. I grew up in Paris, I speak French fluently, I also understand Italian, but unfortunately I can not speak it.

EMILY

Journalist: French is one of the innovations of Mika's third album, it does linguistic justice to his childhood. In fact, don't try to make comments on his shoulders convinced that he doesn't understands you.

Mika: When people talk to me in Italian thinking that I do not understand it, I turn and I embarrass them! Especially when I hear people say: look how he's dressed, but which he's believed to be… I turn and say: a guy who understand everything you say and that who is happy to not be like you!

MAKE YOU HAPPY

Journalist: The Origin Of Love contains 14 songs: this time as was the case with Life in Cartoon Motion, it is not the juice of just one head.

Make You Happy

Mika: Every time I make an album, I like to find the maximum of an inspiration…I’m a solo singer… I don’t have a band who gives me ideas…I put people together.

With the first album, I regrouped my friends and colleagues: we confronted each other, we created and at the end I composed the songs from a rhythm or from a riff that came out from those meetings. I made the second album practically alone but this time I went back to the collective. I chose weirdos who make pop already on their own: pop believable, interesting... nothing mechanical and corporate. There is Nick Littlemore of Empire Of The Sun, Farrell Williams and also some people that I found on Internet as Ben Garret who was 22 years old when I met him. I met him at his parents' house and three weeks later he was with us in Miami to work. I was at the piano and they were there with other instruments: I just need a bass line and I can immediately write something different without being anchored to my own habits.

Journalist: The Origin Of Love went out on September 2012… Mika’s favourite song is Love You When I’m Drunk

Mika: I wrote it as a message to a person with whom I went out, we were dating for a long time and I told to this person: I don't find a reason to go out with you but for some reason with a couple of glasses of wine it's easy to appreciate you. It’s obvious that something is wrong ... but I think it’s right to tell you. I have to get away from you and you have to go away from me ... I said in the song, and I also sent it to this person. It’s a message so rude but so true and honest and funny in a way. Sometimes it's just saying things like that in a pop song that you can leave behind someone because if you tell it in the face, you getting caught by a punch.

LOVE YOU WHEN I’M DRUNK

Journalist: If you want to know The Origin Of Love, even ethyl, phagocyte The Origin Of Love…

LOVE YOU WHEN I’M DRUNK

Sorry if there are mistakes :blush-anim-cl:

Edited by Lucrezia

During my train journey (my last exam yeeee) to return home from Turin to Milan, I started to transcribe the interview :teehee:

Here are the first 12 minutes of it! I'll post the other 20mins as soon as possible :wink2:

Mika: My last album is called “The Origin Of Love”. It’s a funny title because when you see it, you think about the usual classic theme, mystic… Then, you discover that it is a combination of love songs very modern, funny, raw or rabid. Singing about love is like talking about life, the two things are virtually identical. My challenge is to create happy love songs that are not gimcrack but real.

Journalist: Once, wandering from a stage to the other one of the Paleo Festival, I stumbled in front of the “grand scene” of a circus. In truth, it was a gig, but it looked a circus: costumes, garlands, posters, cabaret, and an overwhelming joy in the audience. Looking carefully from afar, I realized that all that positive energy stemmed from Mika.

English pop singer, Mika was born in Beirut and grew up in Paris: he’s a fantasy on the legs. He has scaled the heights of pop with his simple, colorful and original track like Grace Kelly for example.

GRACE KELLY

Journalist: Sandra Romano met him in Zurigo and she is made tell the origin of love, his third album.

STARDUST

Mika: It’s an important album , it’s an evolution but you can always recognize me and hear my melodies. That way to restructure my choruses, obviously it's an unmistakable Mika's album. I hate to repeat myself...I hate to be my cartoon… I want to change, grow up, evolve, use my albums to understand my existence. If I look at them, besides the fact that they have very long titles, I can see three phases of my life. I need them to understand what happened to me in those two or three years while I was producing them. But this is more joyous of the second album, explosive, it's full of color, fantasy, makes you feel good and better about the world around you.

Journalist: Speaking of love as talk about life, Mika has already said it to us. But what does the title track talk about? Because, The Origin Of Love is also a track of the album

THE ORIGIN OF LOVE

Mika: It’s an insane love song. There is no a single word of this text which brings to a typical love song. It's absurd as it sounds. It says: love is a drug, do you want my cigarette, you are my Nicorette, I'm addicted to you. If I'm sick you are my medicine, so I'd better go and cure myself.

It says: forget Adam and Eve, forget God, forget history, forget everything that has been said, scrap everything and start over because now that I met you I see everything differently.

I would not mind if someone would tell me it but I was the first to say it...

The Origin Of Love

Mika talks in Italian: Ciao Sono Mika e Saluto Tutti gli Amici e ascoltatori di Rete Tre

The Origin Of Love

Mika: I sang in French for the first time, it is super fun. I grew up in Paris, I speak French fluently, I also understand Italian, but unfortunately I can not speak it.

EMILY

Journalist: French is one of the innovations of Mika's third album, it does linguistic justice to his childhood. In fact, don't try to make comments on his shoulders convinced that he doesn't understands you.

Mika: When people talk to me in Italian thinking that I do not understand it, I turn and I embarrass them! Especially when I hear people say: look how he's dressed, but which he's believed to be… I turn and say: a guy who understand everything you say and that who is happy to not be like you!

MAKE YOU HAPPY

Journalist: The Origin Of Love contains 14 songs: this time as was the case with Life in Cartoon Motion, it is not the juice of just one head.

Make You Happy

Mika: Every time I make an album, I like to find the maximum of an inspiration…I’m a solo singer… I don’t have a band who gives me ideas…I put people together.

With the first album, I regrouped my friends and colleagues: we confronted each other, we created and at the end I composed the songs from a rhythm or from a riff that came out from those meetings. I made the second album practically alone but this time I went back to the collective. I chose weirdos who make pop already on their own: pop believable, interesting... nothing mechanical and corporate. There is Nick Littlemore of Empire Of The Sun, Farrell Williams and also some people that I found on Internet as Ben Garret who was 22 years old when I met him. I met him at his parents' house and three weeks later he was with us in Miami to work. I was at the piano and they were there with other instruments: I just need a bass line and I can immediately write something different without being anchored to my own habits.

Journalist: The Origin Of Love went out on September 2012… Mika’s favourite song is Love You When I’m Drunk

Mika: I wrote it as a message to a person with whom I went out, we were dating for a long time and I told to this person: I don't find a reason to go out with you but for some reason with a couple of glasses of wine it's easy to appreciate you. It’s obvious that something is wrong ... but I think it’s right to tell you. I have to get away from you and you have to go away from me ... I said in the song, and I also sent it to this person. It’s a message so rude but so true and honest and funny in a way. Sometimes it's just saying things like that in a pop song that you can leave behind someone because if you tell it in the face, you getting caught by a punch.

LOVE YOU WHEN I’M DRUNK

Journalist: If you want to know The Origin Of Love, even ethyl, phagocyte The Origin Of Love…

LOVE YOU WHEN I’M DRUNK

Sorry if there are mistakes :blush-anim-cl:

Very well done. Thank you

Many thanks for the translation :thumb_yello:

I love him :naughty: