MIKA Donates Tickets to Le Poisson Rouge + Meet & Greet to Music for Newtown

dcdeb

store_logo_img_134034_abf0c24e9d01577534ede54ca51691ef.jpg&w=456&sq=N&b=N

Music For Newtown unites the music community in support of the victims’ families, the first responders, and the community of Newtown, CT.

Republic Records will be sponsoring an online auction to raise money for Newtown with 100% of the proceeds benefiting the "Sandy Hook School Support Fund" set up through Newtown Savings Bank/United Way of Western Connecticut. United Way of Western Connecticut has waived their fees so all the money will go directly to Newtown. Funds will provide support services to the families and community that have been affected. (If you don't remember, you can read more about the Sandy Hook shootings, which took place three months ago today, HERE. )

A number of recording artists have donated items that will be auctioned off to raise money for this cause. The many artists who have donated items include Jack Johnson, Mat Kearney, fun., Of Monsters and Men, Taylor Swift, Owl City, The Cab and MIKA.

Mika's contribution is two tickets plus a Meet & Greet to his April 9th Le Poisson Rouge show in NYC.

The auction will be live Monday March 25 (3pm EST/ 12pm PST) to Wednesday March 27, 2013 (3pm EST/ 12pm PST).

Link to MIKA's Auction: http://www.charityauctionstoday.com/auction_details.php?auction_id=176637

Link to the Auction site: http://www.charityauctionstoday.com/store.php?user_id=134034

Edited by dcdeb

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:wink2:

Music For Newtown unites the music community in support of the victims’ families, the first responders, and the community of Newtown, CT.

Republic Records will be sponsoring an online auction to raise money for Newtown with 100% of the proceeds benefiting the "Sandy Hook School Support Fund" set up through Newtown Savings Bank/United Way of Western Connecticut. United Way of Western Connecticut has waived their fees so all the money will go directly to Newtown. Funds will provide support services to the families and community that have been affected. (If you don't remember, you can read more about the Sandy Hook shootings, which took place three months ago today, HERE. )

A number of recording artists have donated items that will be auctioned off to raise money for this cause. The many artists who have donated items include Jack Johnson, Mat Kearney, fun., Of Monsters and Men, Taylor Swift, Owl City, The Cab and MIKA.

Mika's contribution is two tickets plus a Meet & Greet to his April 9th Le Poisson Rouge show in NYC.

The auction will be live Monday March 25 (3pm EST/ 12pm PST) to Wednesday March 27, 2013 (3pm EST/ 12pm PST). Link to Auction site where bidding will take place will be posted on the MusicforNewtown.org website at least a week before the auction is live.

How fantastic is this?! :blush-anim-cl: I love the idea :thumb_yello: - Good luck to the lucky winner In NYC 9th April :fisch::thumb_yello:

Love,love

me

I saw this on fb a few weeks ago and been keeping and eye on it...they have some really great items up for bid!

It's sad though the only way I have a shot in hell of winning this auction is if I wasn't going to the gig to begin with :blink::naughty:

The auction will be live Monday March 25 (3pm EST/ 12pm PST) to Wednesday March 27, 2013 (3pm EST/ 12pm PST). Link to Auction site where bidding will take place will be posted on the MusicforNewtown.org website at least a week before the auction is live.

fantastic idea and great Mika :blush-anim-cl: Good luck to the lucky winner :thumb_yello:

winning bid was 365$...second only to taylor swift's tix at 380! :thumb_yello:

me and another MFCer teamed up to try to win but alas it wasn't meant to be...:(...it was nerve wracking then but now I can breathe about the whole experience..the best part was how we drove the bid from 200 to 365 in lil over a minute!!:aah: auctions are crazy i tell ya :naughty:

me and another MFCer teamed up to try to win but alas it wasn't meant to be...:(...it was nerve wracking then but now I can breathe about the whole experience..the best part was how we drove the bid from 200 to 365 in lil over a minute!!:aah: auctions are crazy i tell ya :naughty:

Oh wow, another girl on MFC was trying to win. I hope you weren't bidding against each other. :aah:

Oh god i was trying to win with nas, but we didnt :( as she called it it might have been latin passion because i was so angry and sad we were so close to winning that i dont remember anything about what happened after we loose haha omg what Mika does to me!!! :doh:

Oh god i was trying to win with nas, but we didnt :( as she called it it might have been latin passion because i was so angry and sad we were so close to winning that i dont remember anything about what happened after we loose haha omg what Mika does to me!!! :doh:

:naughty: the mika-effect :huglove:

Wow! The last time I looked, a few hours ago, it was only $165. I'm sorry you didn't win, but think it's great that the auction earned so much! :thumb_yello: