San Francisco - The Great American Music Hall 25-03-2013 - REPORTS/PHOTOS/VIDEOS

mellody

San Francisco! We'd love to hear EVERYTHING about Mika's gig there! :biggrin2:

722f8c35-fbf9-427e-877c-f5fbc27e244a_zpsf583cf81.jpg

(photo by BangBangLou)

==================

REPORTS

==================

BangBangLou: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3891734&postcount=3

tiibet: http://anothermikablog.blogspot.com/2013/03/mika-great-amerikan-music-hall-san.html

koolj5: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3892049&postcount=33

==================

PHOTOS

==================

BangBangLou: Part I / Part II

tiibet

Press:

spinningplatters.com

==================

VIDEOS

==================

From Youtube:

YT user simpal:

YT user Sadowski40:

(short clip) Edited by mellody
updating content - post 49

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tweets by tiibet (@tiibet_mfc):

If anyone is interested, SF was fab. Totally 2009 feeling for me but even better than the Acoustic Tour.

His voice was excellent, really. I think I cried when he did HE. Almost saw the little angel boys during OMS. Beautiful!

He did Only Lonely Man, Hia Leah and Century Man, still no B&C. Very different than earlier, almost every song.

The DJ set is too long though unless Max starts dancing, imo. Lol! But Max and Curtis were great, loved especially drumming.

and she wrote that she met him, and that filming wasn't allowed, so she has no videos. :sad:

Mika was finally back in San Francisco! I am going to attempt a little "report". Im not good at it! :huh::doh:

d0ff29a1-0461-4540-b6a2-d26f9a4a7c60_zps969bd7dd.jpg

I've been home for 2 hours now. But im finally able to like calm down, eat a veggie dog and chat. Instead of just spamming instagram like i was.

I got there at 6pm and said hi to Nina and Koolj5 (julia?) who were in front. The line was a pretty good size by this time so me and my sister went to the back.

They soon seperated the dinner line and general admission line. I called earlier to see if i could go on the floor with a dinner ticket (reserved balcony tables) and they gave me the green light. So i used my dinner ticket, got in 1st :aah: and went on in the main hall. It was hilarious. I was alone on the floor for what seemed like forever. I even had time to go to the bathroom.

8pm Max and Curtis are....doing something.

129a4590-9ad5-4cba-a213-41d1ac43ff4f_zps4018f04f.jpg

And here comes the crappy part of my review

Talkin about Mika. I cant because it was so good and different. I didn't go to any of the SFS shows so this whole setup is 100% new for me when it comes to Mika.

So i'll just talk about highlights i remember:

Mika dedicated Love you When Im Drunk to somegirl in the crowd he was like hella bantering with and like even put her name in the song. Hilarious.

Popular was my favorite! It is so good with this arrangement! So much funnnn!

Happy Ending was magical. I don't even want to talk about it for those who are still going to see him this tour because...DAMN.

He played OLM, Century Man, and Hia Leah.

I was directly in front of his mic so my neck hurts from looking up at him when he wasnt at the piano. Thats a good thing i guess.

Im sure i'll remember more clearly tomorrow. I have a massive Mika headache! >.<

Ummmmmmmm. After the show, the other girls were going to wait to meet Mika. (Looks like they did) But my sis wasn't down. So we just left. But thats okay. The show was amazing

enough and im so excited to see him on Friday!

Setlist (-B&C)

ab7fc09b-4137-48e9-9ab7-8f7b9a555550_zpsac30cd55.jpg

Edited by BangBangLou

while looking for YT videos of the gig, i just noticed that there was a gay marriage equality march in san francisco yesterday! i'm wondering if mika was there too. if he had time and knew about it, i'd guess so. :biggrin2: - in case anyone wants to search for him in the videos and photos of the march that are on the internet... i don't have enough time for that now :teehee: not very likely tho, seems it was a big crowd. :thumb_yello:

I wrote about the gig in my blog but no vids to share, sorry!

http://anothermikablog.blogspot.com/2013/03/mika-great-amerikan-music-hall-san.html

thanks for the report nina! was the version of stardust more like the slow one from the last tour, or more like the one on the CD? it seems weird that he'd end a show with such a slow song, that's why i'm asking. :wink2:

I wrote about the gig in my blog but no vids to share, sorry!

http://anothermikablog.blogspot.com/2013/03/mika-great-amerikan-music-hall-san.html

Thanks a lot for your very nice report Nina - it's priceless :blush-anim-cl:

I love the last part about the cherubs, and I have to recall MIKA's answer about his success, when he was interviewed in Oslo: " I think I have a big, fat cherub sitting on my shoulder, fighting all the devils away" :wub2: I really love this answer so much, and also to read your SF experience, the cherubs are again protecting him :thumb_yello::wub2:

Love,love

me

thanks for the report nina! was the version of stardust more like the slow one from the last tour, or more like the one on the CD? it seems weird that he'd end a show with such a slow song, that's why i'm asking. :wink2:

He did HE and Stardust as an encore, after OMS, so it was very suitable to do a slower song :thumb_yello:

Thanks a lot for your very nice report Nina - it's priceless :blush-anim-cl:

I love the last part about the cherubs, and I have to recall MIKA's answer about his success, when he was interviewed in Oslo: " I think I have a big, fat cherub sitting on my shoulder, fighting all the devils away" :wub2: I really love this answer so much, and also to read your SF experience, the cherubs are again protecting him :thumb_yello::wub2:

Love,love

me

He has really said that?? I had no idea...

He did HE and Stardust as an encore, after OMS, so it was very suitable to do a slower song :thumb_yello:

He has really said that?? I had no idea...

Oh yes he did - it's so funny and sweet :wub2: I'm sure you stillncan find it on youtube, under interviews :blush-anim-cl: He's wearing a beautiful knitted jacket in many colours - he's also talking about his mother freezing so much in cold Norway ...

Love,love

me

Oh yes he did - it's so funny and sweet :wub2: I'm sure you stillncan find it on youtube, under interviews :blush-anim-cl: He's wearing a beautiful knitted jacket in many colours - he's also talking about his mother freezing so much in cold Norway ...

Love,love

me

Thanks, will try to find it! :thumb_yello: