Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - Theatre Corona, April 6, 2013 - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

guylainem123

hey i was just in front of u when we were waiting!! i saw ur gift n thought tats absolutely adorable!! i even told my friend about this adorable little hat (i only saw ur gift out of the corner of my eye while i was talking to my frined in line ;P) on the cover of a notebook or a card tat must be a gift to mika after the meet & greet XD so it is a card XD great job!! love it!!

(good for u warned him TWICE... cause he signed on my gift... *puff*:doh:)

Thank you that's verry sweet! :huglove:

I had to yank it from under the pen but I succeded :teehee:

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you that's verry sweet! :huglove:

I had to yank it from under the pen but I succeded :teehee:

i tried... oh trust me how i tried.... i tried to pull my sketchbook back but he just... wouldn't let it go............ :doh:

i tried... oh trust me how i tried.... i tried to pull my sketchbook back but he just... wouldn't let it go............ :doh:

I probably succeeded thanks to you :fisch: Since he just signed your gift he was probably more aware ....

Thanks for your lovely reports everyone! And thanks for all the pics and the vids:flowers2:

It must have been a pretty amazing and special gig!!

The new song is so touching, sensitive and beautiful! Absolutely adore it:wub2::wub2:

Hmm...pretty much all of them except Karen, this new one, Blame it on the Weather, Kids, Erase, maybe By The Time. Mika has collaborated with many producers/songwriters on the arrangements but I think at their heart the majority of his songs all have his trademark. But there is something about these ones that just sound like someone else's songs altogether. Cath is right that other singers spend their lives singing other people's words but when Mika is selling his own songs to pop superstars and Hollywood movies it seems absurd for him to sing what sound like cover songs (and mediocre ones at that).

JMO though. :wink2:

Anyway we should probably talk about the songs in the song threads and leave this for the reports.

Thank you!

This was BY FAR my favorite Mika concert in Montreal :swoon:

his voice was just magnificient!

I arrived at the venue around 13h30 & there was already about 20 to 30 people in line. Then barely anyone arrived for another hour. But by 18h00, the line was so long!

It was very cold though, the wind was a killer! Thank god there was a Starbucks and other little restaurants really close by.

The security at the venue were kinda poopoo... they separated the line in 2, so that we didnt block the entrance of a restaurant & some kind of store with over priced chairs for sale:naughty:

Once, in the venue, i ended up 3rd row center, i had a great view just the same & it didn't stop me from having fun at all. Mika was often infront of me.

I can't remember the set list at all :naughty: We didn't get Hiya Leah or Century Man, but we did get a new song in french. He didn't say the name of it, but "Ma jeunesse" would make sense. It's a very soft and tender balad

It's the first time we get a new song and what a priviledge it was. He mentioned something about writing it while travelling, parts of it over the phone with Doriand.

I can honestly say that Mika had the crowd eating out of his hand.

At one point (close to the end), the crowd was screaming so loud, that Mika and the band had to remove their ear pieces :aah:

From memory (and believe me, that's dangerous) he played (no particular order)

Grace Kelly

Toy Boy

Rain

Elle me dit

Karen

Origin of Love

Celebrate

Stardust

Only Love you when i'm drunk

"ma jeunesse" (new french song)

Love Today

Stuck in the Middle

Over my Shoulder

Lola

Relax

Happy Ending (oh and that was so nice!)

Popular

He stood infront of where i was when he sang Stardust & his voice was just out of this world :swoon: i loved it!

When he sang Rain, he forgot the 2nd paragraph and went to a few MFCers (maybe Roxy) for help... and nobody could help him! :lmfao: some lady handed him her cell with the words for Rain & he used it to continue singing :naughty:

I didn't wait for him after the concert... i twisted my ankle last week & my pain medication was not working anymore. Apparently he came out not too long after we left, there was a large crowd waiting (100 or so) He spoke to a few people and left quickly

This concert reminded me of why i am a Mika fan, it was out of this world!

:wub2:

Hi Guylaine! I really like your review and it was amazing for me to! I will never forget that night! I was right in the front with Mika facing me when he was sitting at the piano and it was amazing! Love this new song he did *Ma Jeunesse* Its really beautiful and touching! Have a great day! :thumb_yello:

oh :naughty: you should have come & said Hello! I don't bite!... most of the time i dont :fisch:

I can confirm. I was sitting beside her at restaurant Les Trois brasseurs this summer and all she was bitting was her lunch :wink2::aah:

Is he talking about himself as a 'she' or am I just misinterpreting the lyrics?:blink:

It's hard to tell if I like the song or not. To me, maybe because I don't speak French, the lyrics and melody seem a bit forced together. Similar to how I felt about ' L'amour dans les mauvais temps'. Anybody think the same?

So pleased everyone seems to be enjoying MIKA's acoustic concerts (if a little jealous!).:wink2:

I don't have any time to read all the thread, but "she" is about his youth and it's because youth, in french, is a femal word. :wink2:

I am just never going to like songs like Karen and this one. I listened to them once and don't ever want to hear them again.

I'm glad you enjoy them since they are meant for a French speaking audience but they don't sound like Mika to me.

His song, when they are in french, sounds like "chanson française" from France. To me it's sounds really different as the Québécois songs.

I can't believe it, I'm really the only one that took videos from this gig ? :blink: That makes me feel like I'm very bad. :aah:

Don't feel bad, I would love to have videos too as souvenir that I could listen from time to time to remember this day since I have a very bad memory :teehee:

On an other note ... it seems people took pictures of Mika and me ... :lmfao:

So here is my back and Mika in the background :

http://www.facebook.com/marie.e.lamarre#!/photo.php?fbid=10151425817853040&set=a.10151425817728040.1073741855.6006248039&type=3&theater

I didn't realize I was standing in the middle of the place... I suppose Mika can have that effect on people :teehee:

And here is Mika and myself in the dark left corner :

http://www.facebook.com/marie.e.lamarre#!/photo.php?fbid=10151426007173040&set=a.10151425817728040.1073741855.6006248039&type=3&theater

:naughty:

Don't feel bad, I would love to have videos too as souvenir that I could listen from time to time to remember this day since I have a very bad memory :teehee:

On an other note ... it seems people took pictures of Mika and me ... :lmfao:

So here is my back and Mika in the background :

http://www.facebook.com/marie.e.lamarre#!/photo.php?fbid=10151425817853040&set=a.10151425817728040.1073741855.6006248039&type=3&theater

I didn't realize I was standing in the middle of the place... I suppose Mika can have that effect on people :teehee:

And here is Mika and myself in the dark left corner :

http://www.facebook.com/marie.e.lamarre#!/photo.php?fbid=10151426007173040&set=a.10151425817728040.1073741855.6006248039&type=3&theater

:naughty:

I have like.. 15 vids from the show. :teehee: My memory is bad too. :aah:

Thanks I completly miss this album ! I found myself in the pics too (before the show), I forgot to send mines but I'll do it tonight.

http://hollywoodpq.com/2013/04/08/mika-a-montreal-spotted-2/

Mika à Montréal – SPOTTED

mikamontreal.jpg

img9400copie.jpg

img9495copie.jpg

\

Oh my god I was there! We snuck behind the theatre before the concert and waited for Mika!The security guys were a bunch of jerks, they thought we were gonna attack him or something. It was just about 10 of us, and Mika came and signed our stuff. It was incredible :)

Oh my god I was there! We snuck behind the theatre before the concert and waited for Mika!The security guys were a bunch of jerks, they thought we were gonna attack him or something. It was just about 10 of us, and Mika came and signed our stuff. It was incredible :)

Awwwww !!! Lucky you. :fangurl:

:naughty: i walked that way and saw the alley, but didn't go behind the buildings. the bus was parked not too far from there

i just like how they say "spotted" when in fact, they went to him.

Don't you just love the high class entrance he goes through?

garbages & recycle bins, graffitis and cement patches! :aah:

Welcome to the back alleys of Montreal! :yay:

Edited by guylainem123

:naughty: i walked that way and saw the alley, but didn't go behind the buildings. the bus was parked not too far from there

i just like how they say "spotted" when in fact, they went to him.

Don't you just love the high class entrance he goes through?

garbages & recycle bins, graffitis and cement patches! :aah:

Welcome to the back alleys of Montreal! :yay:

LOL soooooo glamourous...

Interview by Radio Canada ( audio in French )

Radio Canada INTERVIEW ( audio )

http://www.radio-canada.ca/emissions/bouillant_de_culture/2012-2013/chronique.asp?idChronique=284461

AUDIO

http://www.radio-canada.ca/audio-video/pop.shtml#urlMedia=http://www.radio-canada.ca/Medianet/2013/CBF/BouillantDeCult

I'm sorry can't download the audio file... hope somebody could. :pray:

My friend LilStar will try to translate it soon ....