Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - Theatre Corona, April 6, 2013 - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

guylainem123

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your reports, girls, and Anne for the translation!

Roxy, I'm happy for you anyway :naughty:

You're very welcome sweetie :huglove:

I m fangurling reading those wonderful reports :swoon::fangurl:

Rox, I bet next time you meet Mika you'll hug as your siggie says :thumb_yello:

Guy this sounds like the best Montreal gig ever :blush-anim-cl::wub2:

Thanks to everyone who posted here reports, pics and song , you rock :thumb_yello::flowers2:

Just for fun, I have a VERY funny picture. He made this face when he tells us that it was very wierd because he was speaking french but sings in english. It's a screenshot and it worths the look. I think I'm gonna do a gif with this, it's priceless.

mika1_zps5ca43412.jpg

This has got to be the wierdest Mika look ever :freak::lmfao:

wouaouh, great reports! Thank you everybody!

And a new song in French :fangurl: but the video was removed, I haven't seen it :tears:

It's here:

[YOUTUBE]J51X-QEcJ5E&feature[/YOUTUBE]

This was BY FAR my favorite Mika concert in Montreal :swoon:

his voice was just magnificient!

I arrived at the venue around 13h30 & there was already about 20 to 30 people in line. Then barely anyone arrived for another hour. But by 18h00, the line was so long!

It was very cold though, the wind was a killer! Thank god there was a Starbucks and other little restaurants really close by.

The security at the venue were kinda poopoo... they separated the line in 2, so that we didnt block the entrance of a restaurant & some kind of store with over priced chairs for sale:naughty:

Once, in the venue, i ended up 3rd row center, i had a great view just the same & it didn't stop me from having fun at all. Mika was often infront of me.

I can't remember the set list at all :naughty: We didn't get Hiya Leah or Century Man, but we did get a new song in french. He didn't say the name of it, but "Ma jeunesse" would make sense. It's a very soft and tender balad

It's the first time we get a new song and what a priviledge it was. He mentioned something about writing it while travelling, parts of it over the phone with Doriand.

I can honestly say that Mika had the crowd eating out of his hand.

At one point (close to the end), the crowd was screaming so loud, that Mika and the band had to remove their ear pieces :aah:

From memory (and believe me, that's dangerous) he played (no particular order)

Grace Kelly

Toy Boy

Rain

Elle me dit

Karen

Origin of Love

Celebrate

Stardust

Only Love you when i'm drunk

"ma jeunesse" (new french song)

Love Today

Stuck in the Middle

Over my Shoulder

Lola

Relax

Happy Ending (oh and that was so nice!)

Popular

He stood infront of where i was when he sang Stardust & his voice was just out of this world :swoon: i loved it!

When he sang Rain, he forgot the 2nd paragraph and went to a few MFCers (maybe Roxy) for help... and nobody could help him! :lmfao: some lady handed him her cell with the words for Rain & he used it to continue singing :naughty:

I didn't wait for him after the concert... i twisted my ankle last week & my pain medication was not working anymore. Apparently he came out not too long after we left, there was a large crowd waiting (100 or so) He spoke to a few people and left quickly

This concert reminded me of why i am a Mika fan, it was out of this world!

:wub2:

Thank you so much - I love your report!! :thumb_yello: And from the setlist it really looks like you had it all - what a night to remember :fisch::blush-anim-cl:

Love,love

me

Didn't want to make my report on my phone but since I'm bored at baseball practice might as well use the time!

Queuing was fun... And cold. But so totally worth it! Just like childbirth: you forget everything when you get your reward at the end.

I really enjoyed Max and Curtis DJ set, but it would have been better if we could hear them talk.

After a quick 10-15 minutes wait, the lights went off and Mika quietly walked on stage. First thought: how can he be so freaking tall? Did he grew up in his sleep???

First songs were played without interruption and interaction. At one point, I was silently telling him to slow down... And at one point he did. He soon realized the crowd was willing to do anything and used it. Good: the fire started there. Bad: realizing he had completly **** up the setlists and didn't know where he was... Took requests... Sang Karen, Happy Ending and Rain...

Can't remember which song, but he was trying to quiet things down a bit and almost succeeded when someone yelled: MIKA!!! He looked at that direction and let out a "ta gueule" (shut up) it was really funny.

Towards the end, the crowd was crazy, so loud that all three musicians had to take off their earplugs... Mika always has this incredible look of unbelief when that happened. Like he doesn't fully realize how much people love him in Montreal...

The new French song was a surprise and melted my heart. But what I loved most being so close was to witness the constant interaction between Mika, Curtis and Max. They do a great team and Curtis is an amazing musician. Always looks so cool, even when Mika is talking to him in French and has no clue what he is saying...

To top all of that, we decided to wait for him. I hadbrought the fabric square I had kept from the bday surprise at the balloon festival. Since I couldn't have done it then.

When he came to me, I gave him somemaple candy and then showed him the blue fabric, asking him if he remembered. He look at me, smiled and said: yes! How are you? I melt a little. Guess I'll be square lady forever!

Last funny fact: a few people before me was a chinese girl. I didn't hear what she told him but he answered in mandarin. The man playing the body guard role, from what I understand someone from his technical staff, told him: see? You did learn something after all:fisch:

To sum it up, I think Mika is truly a magical musician and last night show was perfect proof!

Didn't want to make my report on my phone but since I'm bored at baseball practice might as well use the time!

Queuing was fun... And cold. But so totally worth it! Just like childbirth: you forget everything when you get your reward at the end.

I really enjoyed Max and Curtis DJ set, but it would have been better if we could hear them talk.

After a quick 10-15 minutes wait, the lights went off and Mika quietly walked on stage. First thought: how can he be so freaking tall? Did he grew up in his sleep???

First songs were played without interruption and interaction. At one point, I was silently telling him to slow down... And at one point he did. He soon realized the crowd was willing to do anything and used it. Good: the fire started there. Bad: realizing he had completly **** up the setlists and didn't know where he was... Took requests... Sang Karen, Happy Ending and Rain...

Can't remember which song, but he was trying to quiet things down a bit and almost succeeded when someone yelled: MIKA!!! He looked at that direction and let out a "ta gueule" (shut up) it was really funny.

Towards the end, the crowd was crazy, so loud that all three musicians had to take off their earplugs... Mika always has this incredible look of unbelief when that happened. Like he doesn't fully realize how much people love him in Montreal...

The new French song was a surprise and melted my heart. But what I loved most being so close was to witness the constant interaction between Mika, Curtis and Max. They do a great team and Curtis is an amazing musician. Always looks so cool, even when Mika is talking to him in French and has no clue what he is saying...

To top all of that, we decided to wait for him. I hadbrought the fabric square I had kept from the bday surprise at the balloon festival. Since I couldn't have done it then.

When he came to me, I gave him somemaple candy and then showed him the blue fabric, asking him if he remembered. He look at me, smiled and said: yes! How are you? I melt a little. Guess I'll be square lady forever!

Last funny fact: a few people before me was a chinese girl. I didn't hear what she told him but he answered in mandarin. The man playing the body guard role, from what I understand someone from his technical staff, told him: see? You did learn something after all:fisch:

To sum it up, I think Mika is truly a magical musician and last night show was perfect proof!

I heard that this girl didn't think this was funny. :teehee:

OMG - another fantastic and detailed report, sooo great to be that close to MIKA for a little chat - I melt just by reading about it - thank you for sharing :wub2:

Love,love

me

Lovely report, thanks!

What are they playing at these sets?

Differents old songs. A wierd medley but that sounds cool at the end. :naughty:

There is a little part of this:

cNdzXZWpd5c

I heard that this girl didn't think this was funny. :teehee:

Maybe she had learn her lesson? Just like the other who was trying frantically to give him her gift when the poor lad was trying really hard to remember lyrics to Rain...

Maybe she had learn her lesson? Just like the other who was trying frantically to give him her gift when the poor lad was trying really hard to remember lyrics to Rain...

It's exactly what I thought. :thumb_yello: There's a moment for everything...

Really? In the middle of the show?? :blink:

Really? In the middle of the show?? :blink:

Yes. She was trying to give him a letter. He asked her: "Is it the lyrics ?" She answered no and then he told her "It's not the lyrics, it doesn't interest me."

BTW, too bad we didn't get to meet :-( Hopefully we'll have better luck next time!

Yes.. too bad. :(

I hate to break it to everyone but I think Max and Curtis are totally faking their "fun" on stage. :teehee: Just to give you an idea of how terrible the sound was from the front row in Toronto, we could hear Max and Curtis talking louder than the music they were playing. The whole thing was really awkward because the crowd could not get into this music that they could not hear. I was really trying to avoid eye contact with Max because he seemed to notice every time I looked in his direction and it was so weird. :aah:

The music is so clearly chosen by Mika (Dolly Parton, etc.) and for those who have been on previous tours you may understand when I say that this is basically the same type of music that was played between the opening act and Mika's set. I guess Mika thought it would be better to have them on stage pretending to be DJing it instead of just having music on the speakers since there's no actual opening act. We were discussing writing a note to them and telling them we're sorry Mika made them do it. :lmfao:

Anyway thanks so much for this reports. They are wonderful. Toronto was such a bust for us but I'm glad to hear Montreal was amazing because I feel like that's my home gig too even if I can't be there. :fangurl:

Thank you Krys :huglove::flowers2:

Big thanks Kris : D

You're welcome! :huglove:

Yes. She was trying to give him a letter. He asked her: "Is it the lyrics ?" She answered no and then he told her "It's not the lyrics, it doesn't interest me."

:thumb_yello: But it seems that he was quite desperate about the lyrics :aah:

Thanks everyone for your reports,I'm sure it was a great show! :wub2:

I hate to break it to everyone but I think Max and Curtis are totally faking their "fun" on stage. :teehee: Just to give you an idea of how terrible the sound was from the front row in Toronto, we could hear Max and Curtis talking louder than the music they were playing. The whole thing was really awkward because the crowd could not get into this music that they could not hear. I was really trying to avoid eye contact with Max because he seemed to notice every time I looked in his direction and it was so weird. :aah:

The music is so clearly chosen by Mika (Dolly Parton, etc.) and for those who have been on previous tours you may understand when I say that this is basically the same type of music that was played between the opening act and Mika's set. I guess Mika thought it would be better to have them on stage pretending to be DJing it instead of just having music on the speakers since there's no actual opening act. We were discussing writing a note to them and telling them we're sorry Mika made them do it. :lmfao:

Anyway thanks so much for this reports. They are wonderful. Toronto was such a bust for us but I'm glad to hear Montreal was amazing because I feel like that's my home gig too even if I can't be there. :fangurl:

You know what ? I think I agree with you. It sounded fake. :aah: But anyway, it was cool. What were they talking about ?