Ma Jeunesse - Lyrics/Discussion

I never thought about looking on here and my boyfriend transcribed it for me and I put it through Google Translate

I'm too tired right now to compare it the one posted to his but hopefully it might be of some use, if not just ignore it! :fisch:

Screen%20Shot%202013-04-07%20at%2023.32.13.png

:lmfao: Perfect translation. :mf_rosetinted:

The whole country will buy it, even François Hollande would do it, don't you think? :naughty:

You could add the whole province of Quebec to the lot... Elle me dit was a blast here and a lot of young girls screamed their lungs out to get Karen on Saturday night:thumb_yello:

You could add the whole province of Quebec to the lot... Elle me dit was a blast here and a lot of young girls screamed their lungs out to get Karen on Saturday night:thumb_yello:

Right, sorry, I just thought in France as Alireine is french :blush-anim-cl: I would buy it too and I don't speak french but I adore Karen, it's my fav song and also love a lot Un Soleil Mal Luné. :wub2:

I envy you, I never will be able to listen those songs live if I don't travel to France or Quebec :sad:

Right, sorry, I just thought in France as Alireine is french :blush-anim-cl: I would buy it too and I don't speak french but I adore Karen, it's my fav song and also love a lot Un Soleil Mal Luné. :wub2:

I envy you, I never will be able to listen those songs live if I don't travel to France or Quebec :sad:

I don't speak French too, and for many years not liked it. But Mika very slowly changed my mind, and now I adore his French songs. As for me, that horrible Weather song turned into a precious diamond after he re-done it in French :wub2:

Moreover, many people need the more serious works, like this (we can't just be jumping with Lollipop!). Even if this song is about uncatchable youth, I can say that maturing was beneficial for Mika.

I don't speak French too, and for many years not liked it. But Mika very slowly changed my mind, and now I adore his French songs. As for me, that horrible Weather song turned into a precious diamond after he re-done it in French :wub2:

Moreover, many people need the more serious works, like this (we can't just be jumping with Lollipop!). Even if this song is about uncatchable youth, I can say that maturing was beneficial for Mika.

Totally agree:thumb_yello:

Edited by Mikasister

Un soleil mal luné is an absolute delight, it really grew on me:thumb_yello:

I might hear songs in French, but not as often as I would like.

Very well said:thumb_yello:

Un soleil mal luné is an absolute delight, it really grew on me:thumb_yello:

I might hear songs in French, but not as often as I would like.

French songs has a lot of feeling that's why I love them. I've just heard him live singing La Solitude and Elle me dit. With La Solitude I cried :wub2:

I like the new song " Ma Jeunesse" and I think the more I hear it the more will grow on me.

I never thought about looking on here and my boyfriend transcribed it for me and I put it through Google Translate

I'm too tired right now to compare it the one posted to his but hopefully it might be of some use, if not just ignore it! :fisch:

Screen%20Shot%202013-04-07%20at%2023.32.13.png

I love this line "she gets the boot again" :aah: And "I let her hang herself" is infectious. Google translation can be really hilarious :thumb_yello:

Edited by macboll

Good gone girls !!! :thumb_yello: Of course I'd buy a french MIKA album. It would be a dream, and I'd start to learn more french, cause now I don't understand much ...

Love, love

me

Good gone girls !!! :thumb_yello: Of course I'd buy a french MIKA album. It would be a dream, and I'd start to learn more french, cause now I don't understand much ...

Love, love

me

Well, I learned a lot of my english by translating songs when I was a teen:thumb_yello:

I don't speak French (I've tried to learn, but my brain just won't accept it!), and I generally prefer bouncier, happier sounding songs (Century Man is my favorite of the new ones), but . . . I would buy an album full of songs like this, in a heartbeat! So pretty. :wub2:

He gave us this song almost as a welcome gift. I can't believe he spent time during his tour (which is crazily busy !) to write and compose this song. This is so sweet. I don't think Doriand did everything, it was Mika's idea and when he wants to do something, he does it. He just needs help because he doesn't know every expressions in french. :naughty:

To do a french album is almost a logical sequence. It's sure I would buy it but I would like more an english album. :teehee: And I needs bouncy songs too.

He gave us this song almost as a welcome gift. I can't believe he spent time during his tour (which is crazily busy !) to write and compose this song. This is so sweet. I don't think Doriand did everything, it was Mika's idea and when he wants to do something, he does it. He just needs help because he doesn't know every expressions in french. :naughty:

To do a french album is almost a logical sequence. It's sure I would buy it but I would like more an english album. :teehee: And I needs bouncy songs too.

Yeah for Doriand I think too and if it's right I prefer:thumb_yello:

Well, I learned a lot of my english by translating songs when I was a teen:thumb_yello:

Same with me - almost more than school lessons, at least from the start :thumb_yello: The little french I understand, is from what I learned at school 40 years ago, hehe :naughty: Of course I also both love and need MIKAs bouncy songs - a mix of it all is perfect, for all kind of mood :blush-anim-cl: And the best thing is that our love for MIKA, and his music, collect us, whatever language we have - we are like the UN! :wub2:

Love,love

me

mamiam, that's exactly what I thought when I came here for the first time and saw "Representative for France, for Indonesia,..."!!

MikaFanclub is well organized, I wish we could vote for resolutions like the UN :teehee: So we could oblige Mika to make gigs where he usually don't :wink2:

mamiam, that's exactly what I thought when I came here for the first time and saw "Representative for France, for Indonesia,..."!!

MikaFanclub is well organized, I wish we could vote for resolutions like the UN :teehee: So we could oblige Mika to make gigs where he usually don't :wink2:

Yeah - that would be great! :thumb_yello: Maybe we should give it a try :teehee::aah:

Love,love

me

I love the song, it's so intense and the music tells a story by itself :wub2:

But I would enjoy it more if I wouldn't start brooding from where I know the melody of the beginning of the chorus ("Pour faire plus vieux qu'elle, je changeais ma voix") all the time. Does it sound familiar to anyone else? I think it's an older song, 70s or 80s, and sung high as well. But I have no idea which one, it drives me crazy :aah: