Paparazzi Photos/Mika's Family's Photos

dcdeb

I asked him as a question for the @askAnything event, what he, his family and friends think about it and if they are okay with it...

maybe he can give us an answer ... :)

Btw I agree with you ;)

Edited by maggie112

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it very weird that Mika Italia is posting all these pap shots on their official page. I was having trouble opening them so I don't know who was or wasn't in them but even if it was just Mika and Mel they were still taken during a a pap spy mission on Mika and his entire family. Why the f*ck is his record company condoning it by using it to promote him on FB? :blink: Yes it's legal and no it's not Mika's underage cousins in bathing suits...but would it be normal for Buckingham Palace to leave out some of the topless pics of Kate Middleton but post the rest of the pics taken with a telephoto lens while she's sunbathing on their website? It's just bizarre to me. There are a hundred million photos of Mika out there. Team Mika posts any random hot pic of Mika on Mika's FB and it gets 10000 likes in one day. What purpose does it serve to intentionally spread these particular photos around?

I find it very weird that Mika Italia is posting all these pap shots on their official page. I was having trouble opening them so I don't know who was or wasn't in them but even if it was just Mika and Mel they were still taken during a a pap spy mission on Mika and his entire family. Why the f*ck is his record company condoning it by using it to promote him on FB? :blink: Yes it's legal and no it's not Mika's underage cousins in bathing suits...but would it be normal for Buckingham Palace to leave out some of the topless pics of Kate Middleton but post the rest of the pics taken with a telephoto lens while she's sunbathing on their website? It's just bizarre to me. There are a hundred million photos of Mika out there. Team Mika posts any random hot pic of Mika on Mika's FB and it gets 10000 likes in one day. What purpose does it serve to intentionally spread these particular photos around?

Excuse me, I think that when you decide to be a character "so" public, you belong to the public. This is sad, I can understand, as they are sad, perhaps, some photos of his most intimate - even if covered - physical attributes in the foreground .. However, I do not see pictures of the little cousin in a bathing suit in the article published on FB Mika Italy. :wink2:

Excuse me, I think that when you decide to be a character "so" public, you belong to the public. This is sad, I can understand, as they are sad, perhaps, some photos of his most intimate - even if covered - physical attributes in the foreground .. However, I do not see pictures of the little cousin in a bathing suit in the article published on FB Mika Italy. :wink2:

I never said there were pictures of his cousins. I am asking what purpose it serves his record company to condone and effectively encourage paps to go out and stalk him with his family by spreading their bounty all over the internet. I doubt that Mika feels his every waking moment belongs to the public. While you can't expect tabloids to not invade his privacy in this way you should at least expect his record company not to. :doh:

Sure, all celebrities understand it, this is their cross to bear. But we discuss here that these photos shouldn`t appear in the official fanclub webpage.

I understand Christine`s opinion too. Mika`s management, where are your eyes?

Edited by Julia Welcomes

I'm sorry, but that is a tired argument that the paps perpetrated to excuse their ridiculous behaviour in getting pics that any respectful person wouldn't dream of taking.

EVERY celeb is entitled to privacy at some point, just like the rest of us, and saying they are up for grabs 24/7 is just a load of nonsense.

There are plenty of times that paps can get shots of them in public, so they don't have any excuse for invading their privacy.

I can tell you now, that when the paps get cameras pointed at them, they get very aggressive, Pearce Brosnan did it once, and the pap told him to stop it, so Pearce said to him now you know what it's like.

If you or I did this, we could be done for harrassment, stalking and being a peeping tom. And remember these people don't actually work for publications, they are freelance photogs, who sell to the highest bidder, so claiming freedom of the press is laughable, as they aren't technically reporters or journalists.

I'm with Halle Berry who is campaigning to stop paps harrassing celebs in private, most especially when they are with their families, as that is probably the only time they get to see their kids and parents, who ARE NOT fair game for this nonsense. I hope she wins.

I never said there were pictures of his cousins. I am asking what purpose it serves his record company to condone and effectively encourage paps to go out and stalk him with his family by spreading their bounty all over the internet. I doubt that Mika feels his every waking moment belongs to the public. While you can't expect tabloids to not invade his privacy in this way you should at least expect his record company not to. :doh:

Maybe for the record company is a good the fact that the tabloids get interest in Mika even more if the article is good, not offensive and there are absolutely no allusions in that and it talks about XF. In Italy is not always bad when you are on tabloids.. :) cultural differences here too I guess.

Edited by Sarina

Maybe for the record company is a good the fact that the tabloids get interest in Mika even more if the article is good, not offensive and there are absolutely no allusions in that and it talks about XF.

They could have done an article about X Factor with official photos, not pics from his family holiday, the two have nothing to do with each other. His being on holiday isn't news at all.

but now he is no longer just a singer .. and it is his choice ..

I do not defend a certain type of photo or newspapers, as I detest some photos quite a bit "too fetishist", posted by fans everywhere. But it's part of that world, and... is his own choice

(sorry, I read it wrong, it happens often in English .. sorry again ..)

And remember these people don't actually work for publications, they are freelance photogs, who sell to the highest bidder

Or his record company. :freak:

In Italy is not always bad when you are on tabloids.. :) cultural differences here too I guess.

No one is saying it is bad for him to be in the tabloids or that there is anything wrong with what is written about him. The problem is his entire family are hunted like animals if they are not behind closed doors. Is this really a cultural thing? Would you want your dad or your little cousin to have to worry about someone with a telephoto lens spying on them and publishing pictures of them in their bathing suits? Really?

No one is saying it is bad for him to be in the tabloids or that there is anything wrong with what is written about him. The problem is his entire family are hunted like animals if they are not behind closed doors. Is this really a cultural thing? Would you want your dad or your little cousin to have to worry about someone with a telephoto lens spying on them and publishing pictures of them in their bathing suits? Really?

You're probably right about that, which I find a tad worrying. (the fact that they do that, not that you're right :naughty:)

They could have done an article about X Factor with official photos, not pics from his family holiday, the two have nothing to do with each other. His being on holiday isn't news at all.

Yes but the good is that even if are paparazzi's photos the article is all about Xfactor cause nothing about "gossip" is in there. It means (here in Italy, according to how tabloids and journalist work) that the person has not something "secret and trashy" to reveal but is only a person of interest for what he's doing. You're right about the pics, they were not necessary but they used them to show Mika's personality..for example they're talking about how Mika is sweet with Mel instead of how "serious" he's as judge. And believe me, with all the trash and the silly things we see, is absolutely a good "message" that Mika's giving....to see him as a normal guy who enjoys time with family. Italians likes that and no ones act like that usually :)

but now he is no longer just a singer .. and it is his choice ..

I do not defend a certain type of photo or newspapers, as I detest some photos quite a bit "too fetishist", posted by fans everywhere. But it's part of that world, and... is his own choice

(sorry, I read it wrong, it happens often in English .. sorry again ..)

I think it´s not O.K. for any kind of celeb to get photographed in their privat time. Everyone should respect the privat life of any famous people and it doesn´t matter if this one is a singer or a TV star or a judge of any Show, they all are humans and nothing else and shouldn´t be bothered .

Christine, you are right especially his lable should respect him enough not to use these kind of pictures.

In many years Mika travelled a lot and in Italy too, very often, but only 3 times family pics were published so I guess he knows how to protect himself and his family. If you are in some places more than others you risk more. Is not hunting, the hotel has a small private beach were also other guests were photographed, no one followed mika or hunted him, they took pics probably from outside and far place. I think that Mika knows which places are full of paparazzi and which aren't. I dont see "hunting" in this specific case. But I agree that his family dont deserve to be online!

You're right about the pics, they were not necessary but they used them to show Mika's personality..for example they're talking about how Mika is sweet with Mel instead of how "serious" he's as judge. And believe me, with all the trash and the silly things we see, is absolutely a good "message" that Mika's giving....to see him as a normal guy who enjoys time with family. Italians likes that and no ones act like that usually :)

Love this :wub2:

Yes but the good is that even if are paparazzi's photos the article is all about Xfactor cause nothing about "gossip" is in there. It means (here in Italy, according to how tabloids and journalist work) that the person has not something "secret and trashy" to reveal but is only a person of interest for what he's doing. You're right about the pics, they were not necessary but they used them to show Mika's personality..for example they're talking about how Mika is sweet with Mel instead of how "serious" he's as judge. And believe me, with all the trash and the silly things we see, is absolutely a good "message" that Mika's giving....to see him as a normal guy who enjoys time with family. Italians likes that and no ones act like that usually :)

I fail to grasp why people think celebs don't do normal things when they aren't in the spotlight, of course they do, we don't need to see pics of them doing it.

I think it´s not O.K. for any kind of celeb to get photographed in their privat time. Everyone should respect the privat life of any famous people and it doesn´t matter if this one is a singer or a TV star or a judge of any Show, they all are humans and nothing else and shouldn´t be bothered .

Even if you can convincingly make the argument that Mika deserves it, his family doesn't. And the record company selectively choosing which photos to put on their site doesn't change the fact that the photos were taken by harassing his family. The tabloids writing positive things about him doesn't change the fact that the accompanying photos were taken by harassing his family.

Maybe for the record company is a good the fact that the tabloids get interest in Mika even more if the article is good, not offensive and there are absolutely no allusions in that and it talks about XF. In Italy is not always bad when you are on tabloids.. :) cultural differences here too I guess.

Nobody gives a flying f*ck about articles. It's all about the pictures. And yes Mika should be aware it could happen but that doesn't make it ok that it happens. Cultural differences or not, it is effectively stalking.

You can see his (I suppose) dad and some other people (I don't even know who they are ..)only in web pictures, not on the paper magazine. On it there is a girl, not naked but in a bathing suit, but her face is cover by her elbow...

in England there are no tabloids?

In fact, it is a positive article, good for Italy: a happy little family on vacation .. with dog

I repeat, shocked me more a kind of fetishism, that images of this kind, where no one knows who is none, because there is nowhere written. And strange to say for this kind of tabloid magazine , there is no kind of malice in the photos. And knowing that newspaper and its director, I am certain that it has been re-arranged and negotiated in ad hoc ... (perdonate il mio inglese, vi prego!)

Would you want your dad or your little cousin to have to worry about someone with a telephoto lens spying on them and publishing pictures of them in their bathing suits? Really?

In fact i have a long distance cousin who wouldnt mind showing up on a cover of a magazine, in her bathing suit, or even without it...:mf_rosetinted:

Too bad i am not Mika...:mikacool:

A few days ago, i saw a fan ranting on twitter that Perez had refused to take a picture with her. Perez responded that he was on an outing with his son & that's why he refused to pose with the girl.

Perez does post pics of his son, but when it's son/father time, he doesn't want to be bothered.

I think this is totally understandable.

And yet, he thinks nothing of posting pap pics of celebrity X with her child

He says he has changed, i wonder if this will be different, now that he's a father. :dunno:

You can see his (I suppose) dad and some other people (I don't even know who they are ..)only in web pictures, not on the paper magazine. On it there is a girl, not naked but in a bathing suit, but her face is cover by her elbow...

In fact, it is a positive article, good for Italy: a happy little family on vacation .. with dog

I repeat, shocked me more a kind of fetishism, that images of this kind, where no one knows who is none, because there is nowhere written. And strange to say for this kind of tabloid magazine , there is no kind of malice in the photos. And knowing that newspaper and its director, I am certain that it has been re-arranged and negotiated in ad hoc ... (perdonate il mio inglese, vi prego!)

There are tabloids everywhere, and I abhor all of them!

I haven't bought a newspaper for the past 20 years because of this nonsense. When I get a newspaper, I expect to read news in it, not be bombarded by pictures of people on holiday or doing their shopping or whatever with their family and friends.

This isn't news, I'm not sure what you could call it really, but news? No.

A few days ago, i saw a fan ranting on twitter that Perez had refused to take a picture with her. Perez responded that he was on an outing with his son & that's why he refused to pose with the girl.

Perez does post pics of his son, but when it's son/father time, he doesn't want to be bothered.

He says he has changed, i wonder if this will be different, now that he's a father. :dunno:

Perez is such a bunch of crap.

He, above everyone, has no moral to ask for privacy after all the mess he's done in the past...

He's cruel, he forces people to come out, i dislike his despicable attitude towards celebs...

It doesn't matter if these pictures are in a magazine or inline. Online is even worse because once they are out there, they won't go away. I cannot comprehend that you condone this, because obviously no one in the pictures was aware it was taken, so those papz hid somewhere to take these pics. I strongly doubt there was any agreement, as I'm pretty sure it would have only been Mika in that case. And woohoo, it is good for Italy, hurrah! But don't you for a second think if it is good for his family to be portrayed like this?

Perez hasn't changed one tiny bit. I have stopped liking him a long time ago. To me he is a hypocrite.